• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil as DLC or Special Edition?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Vergil would never use a weapon like cavalier lmao

He isn't flashy like Dante , way more samurai and traditional

Hence no guns

Well yes. But what if having Geryon as his ride? Maybe it'll transform into his own motorbike. Plus can freeze time.

windleopard

Well yes. But what if having Geryon as his ride? Maybe it'll transform into his own motorbike. Plus can freeze time.
I think it would retain it's horse form. Vergil is a traditionalist after all, so his Cavalier equivalent would reflect that.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If Vergil gets new gauntlets & greaves, any Street Fighter's fighting styles you wanna have in corporate into Vergil's fighting ability? Dante has boxing, karate/taekwondo (vibes of Ken Masters) & capoeira. Ryu's fighting style would work, due to Dan playing Ryu once. But any others?

And wonder if there's a way to bring Osiris & Aquila into DMC with them being Vergil's new weapons.

I’m also thinking about hookswords and a kusarigama.

I think it would retain it's horse form. Vergil is a traditionalist after all, so his Cavalier equivalent would reflect that.

That'll work. Maybe Geryon's power will be infused with Yamato while Vergil rides on it.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any new weapon ideas to fit Vergil’s criteria? How about a violin since Dante’s Nevan?

And Vergil’s own Dr. Faust? If not being like Michael Jackson, something like flamenco? Or Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Vergil should get a standalone DLC but I'm not sure what it would be about. Most of the ideas about his fall to villainy would fit its own game better. Maybe you could show how Urizen got his throne but mehhhhh that feels too fillery.

I thought about having V stumble upon some town Vergil went to and did bad stuff in. So the episode is about V trying to right Vergil's wrongs and you would switch between the two characters to get a full picture. Before the game starts V spends the month trying to protect people before Nero comes in so maybe tie that together?

Vergil using a violin based devil arm would be funny.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
No doubt. He should have been in the game to unlock to begin with imo. Probably will give him some extra outfits and tidbits as well

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil didn't beat Geryon , v did and didn't make it into a devil arm

Also Geryon gives the quicksilver ability

It ain't a steed lol

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind seeing him get into a fight with DmC Vergil over something. I feel like the two Vergils wouldn't stand each other at all so they'd love a chance to go after the other.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What's stopping Vergil from using Griffith, Shadow, and Nightmare as weapons?

Well, for starters, they're dead.

And second, they were born out of Vergil's, and I quote, "abominable thoughts" and nightmares, and only after the events of Mallet Island and after he split himself into two beings. With V now rejoined in Vergil, he is more at peace with himself, so those three are no longer a part of his being. Hence why they got separated from Vergil when Dante meets them again.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

DLC: Download for extra $$$

Special Edition: Buy a whole new copy of DMCV for even more $$$ and have to replay from the beginning....

Free Update: Just wait for the download and update to finish and play!

The most desirable outcome is a free update, where features like Bloody Palace or Ghost Survivors (RE2 remake) are available by just turning on the console with an internet connection when the update is ready.

DmC Vergil seems to live on in the main series Vergil.

I know Vergil fires his Summoned Swords but the way he does it during the battle with him DMCV was similar to DmC and you could even deflect it back at him.
Capcom made it official that main series Vergil creates a Doppelganger during his Devil Trigger.
If he becomes playable, you might be able to summon it as well.

I forgot how it worked in DmC but you could destroy Vergil's Doppelganger in DMCV.
Would this translate into gameplay where the clone can get destroyed as well, like how V's pets can get stalemated?
You could elaborate this further into strategies where you quickly side-step to summon it back to your side or use the Doppelganger to take damage for you.
The Doppelganger did sacrifice itself for a stunned Vergil if Nero attempts to Buster Vergil without his Devil Trigger on.

Angel Lift style sword warping would make Vergil playable in Nero's stages.

Goldsickle

Yeah, Dante and V could have just teleported to them.
V technically can, since his cane warp is reminiscent of DMC4:SE's Vergil sword warp.
Not sure how it can work with Dante.
I remember how in mission 16 of DMC4, there are a bunch of Grim Grips floating around and Dante has no way of interacting with them whatsoever.

Top Bottom