• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil as DLC or Special Edition?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Will Vergil make a return in DMC5 as DLC playable or SE playable?

Be nice to give him an upgrade and hopes that he's still alive.

Substituting Force Edge, give him Alastor! Plus new weaponry!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly Vergil should have been in the game from the get go.

Im optimistic about V but i rather put him on the backburner for Vergil.

Trust me I'd trade nero for vergil tho.

So Episode Vergil is fine. Some new ancient weapons like a grim reaper scythe or a chain sickle would be cool.

Sean Gow

I’d love this!

Even on DMC4 I kinda liked what they did showing Vergil visiting Fortuna but let’s be honest for a special edition, with the amount of time they had, what we actually got was just a campaign shoehorned in with a couple of little custecenes.

Vergil has looked exactly the same in every incarnation we’ve ever had of him in his every day form, apart from Nelo so I’d love them to do a proper campaign DLC for him that shows his story leading up to the events of DMC5, but not just a copy and paste of DMC4 where they just have him running through the same levels, masquerading as events previous to the game, still looking 18 years old.

I wanna see an old Vergil like we have with Dante. I wanna see character development.
I wanna see him in turmoil.
Say what you want about DmC but Vergil’s downfall was great to see him going through all the sh*t in his mind, his inner battle with Dante, his insecurities about not being the favourite and stuff. His hang ups over not being able to protect their Mum..

For all we know... DMC5 might actually have all this in and we have no idea!!
That’s an exciting prospect!

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Anyone thought of a new look for Vergil? Like his fashion? I mean look at Dante! Can't have the same old Victorian outfit.

DarkSlayerVergil

Anyone thought of a new look for Vergil? Like his fashion? I mean look at Dante! Can't have the same old Victorian outfit.
How about this:
tumblr_n92hleAXCJ1s4g6blo1_1280.jpg
Also I'd love if Vergil could utilize Nelo Angelo as a devil trigger much like Dante utilize the new devil trigger he has in 5.

Sean Gow

I’d love to see a more rugged version of him. Like, still trying to upkeep his smart exterior, just with visible signs of having been through a bit of sh*t.

And I wanna see new weapons too. I’m happpy to go out there and say I don’t wanna see yamato, force edge and Beowulf again.

I wanna see something totally different!!

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think it'll be the same as with Lucia. First as DLC, then included in a Special Edition. The truth is I don't know if I care. Vergil gets one cutscene at the start, which is usually composed a little talking that adds nothing to his story along with a fight scene, and, if lucky, another short one at the end. Yeah, it's great that you get to play as him in the but it's only in existing stages and does that really a must and all but is that really enough to justify calling it the Special Edition? In 2005, sure, that was a huge deal, but when you get DLC packs like the Old Hunters it really needs to beef up the prospect before I buy a game twice.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
How about this:
tumblr_n92hleAXCJ1s4g6blo1_1280.jpg
Also I'd love if Vergil could utilize Nelo Angelo as a devil trigger much like Dante utilize the new devil trigger he has in 5.

The last time we saw Vergil he was in really bad shape. He wouldn't look prim and proper. Also Nelo Angelo was an armor it was never his DT. It wouldn't make any sense for him to enter it especially since he has been freed from it unless there was some narrative reasoning behind it.

I’d love to see a more rugged version of him. Like, still trying to upkeep his smart exterior, just with visible signs of having been through a bit of sh*t.

And I wanna see new weapons too. I’m happpy to go out there and say I don’t wanna see yamato, force edge and Beowulf again.

I wanna see something totally different!!

I can understand removing Force Edge and Beowulf but Yamato really. You want to introduce Vergil to the fans without his signature sword (especially when taken into context he actually has it during the events of DMC5 so it would make sense he would have it). While your at it lets take away Rebellion from Dante or Red Queen from Nero.

I do think DLC wise Vergil is the first character we will get. However, it would mean that Capcom had planned it before hand like they did with DmC and started development before they finished the base game but that would make Itsuno a liar since when asked about DLC and he claimed they worked on the main game with the intent of making a complete package without DLC. Either he is telling the truth and doesn't have a Vergil DLC planned yet and probably wont start until after they finish or in the final stages (like now) and we will have to wait a while or Vergil could be in the game as a secret unlock. I know RE6 has 3 campaigns but a secret 4th campaign for Ada but Ada was announced a few months prior to release and they really want to keep Vergil hidden at all costs so probably not but who knows.

DarkSlayerVergil

The last time we saw Vergil he was in really bad shape. He wouldn't look prim and proper. Also Nelo Angelo was an armor it was never his DT. It wouldn't make any sense for him to enter it especially since he has been freed from it unless there was some narrative reasoning behind it.
I know Angelo was his armor but thiers still nothing to say he couldn't utilize it as a devil trigger especially with how wish-washy DMC5 is about stuff. True he wouldn't look civilized in the context of DMC5 but the way Robin asked the question made me assume he meant a general update to his design as if he never "died".

Sean Gow

I can understand removing Force Edge and Beowulf but Yamato really. You want to introduce Vergil to the fans without his signature sword (especially when taken into context he actually has it during the events of DMC5 so it would make sense he would have it). While your at it lets take away Rebellion from Dante or Red Queen from Nero.

Oh no, I just mean I don’t wanna see Yamato and Force Edge as the double act they always give him again.
Although it’s cool, I just wanna see some new weapons. Obviously he needs to keep Yamato!!

Did anyone see Castlevania on Netflix? The way Alucard fights with his sword without even having to touch it.. That’s something I could SOOOOO see Vergil doing. It’d be sick!
Just imagine him standing there, really calm and collected.. Laying waste to demons with Yamato just using his mind.

DarkSlayerVergil

Did anyone see Castlevania on Netflix? The way Alucard fights with his sword without even having to touch it.. That’s something I could SOOOOO see Vergil doing. It’d be sick!
Just imagine him standing there, really calm and collected.. Laying waste to demons with Yamato just using his mind.
Unless Vergil gets swordmaster style I can only see him pulling this off with a taunt or Vergil could somehow get a hold of doppelganger like his DmC counter part.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind Nelo Angelo popping up as a Devil Arm of sorts. Vergil needs a weapon and he's stuck with his old armor or he turns it into gauntlets etc. You could even have it be cursed as Nelo angelo starts messing with his head.

Vergils clothes should be more makeshift and spartan than regal.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I know Angelo was his armor but thiers still nothing to say he couldn't utilize it as a devil trigger especially with how wish-washy DMC5 is about stuff. True he wouldn't look civilized in the context of DMC5 but the way Robin asked the question made me assume he meant a general update to his design as if he never "died".

DMC5 has been wishy washy about what now?

Maybe he could get a Nelo Angelo DT but why not say just make that tied to a costume like how DMC3 did it (and how DMC4 SE made their DTs resemble Sparda) and give Vergil a genuine update of his own DT design.

Maybe his modern day "alive" attire could be an alternate costume unless over the course of DMC5 he somehow fully regain his vitality (would be cheap imo) and even then in the clips with the cloaked figure (who is Vergil) you can see he still wearing his DMC3 attire but just rugged and dark so he'll probably be rocking that.....again...with his new decrepit look and maybe the cloak in a potential DLC campaign.

DarkSlayerVergil

DMC5 has been wishy washy about what now?
Sorry I meant DMC in general when writing this.

Maybe he could get a Nelo Angelo DT but why not say just make that tied to a costume like how DMC3 did it (and how DMC4 SE made their DTs resemble Sparda) and give Vergil a genuine update of his own DT design.
I want a updated DT for Vergil as well but I do feel like having Nelo Angelo tied to a costume is a bit lazy especially since they now have a chance to expand upon the character story wise at least.

Maybe his modern day "alive" attire could be an alternate costume unless over the course of DMC5 he somehow fully regain his vitality (would be cheap imo) and even then in the clips with the cloaked figure (who is Vergil) you can see he still wearing his DMC3 attire but just rugged and dark so he'll probably be rocking that.....again...with his new decrepit look and maybe the cloak in a potential DLC campaign.
Yea, agreed he'd probably just have his DMC3 costume but torn and tattered.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Sorry I meant DMC in general when writing this.

I want a updated DT for Vergil as well but I do feel like having Nelo Angelo tied to a costume is a bit lazy especially since they now have a chance to expand upon the character story wise at least.

Yea, agreed he'd probably just have his DMC3 costume but torn and tattered.

I altered my original post.

Yeah I change my mind. Anything would be fine and I'm sure its not too hard to find reasons to justify it. It would be neat. I hope for the best for Vergil both within the game and as DLC/bonus character.

Now on a less serious note since Dante has a motorcycle maybe Vergil should get his own vehicle based weapon. How about a car with a V on it. It could be the Vergil Mobile!!

Dante has a sentient cowboy hat why not give Vergil a sentient Fedora that they remove in the Special Edition but you still have the moveset but the hat just isn't there. GENIUS!!

You know what Vergil needs. A gun but no ordinary gun, a sniper rifle. We can call it.........The Abortionator!! or.......the Fetus Deleter!!

Ok I'll stop now:D:D

Last edited:

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I altered my original post.

Yeah I change my mind. Anything would be fine and I'm sure its not too hard to find reasons to justify it. It would be neat. I hope for the best for Vergil both within the game and as DLC/bonus character.

Now on a less serious note since Dante has a motorcycle maybe Vergil should get his own vehicle based weapon. How about a car with a V on it. It could be the Vergil Mobile!!

Dante has a sentient cowboy hat why not give Vergil a sentient Fedora that they remove in the Special Edition but you still have the moveset but the hat just isn't there. GENIUS!!

You know what Vergil needs. A gun but no ordinary gun, a sniper rifle. We can call it.........The Abortionator!! or.......the Fetus Deleter!!

Ok I'll stop now:D:D
This is probably the single best post you've made on this entire site.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any new weapon ideas to replace his old arsenal?

For gauntlets and greaves, his fighting styles Muay Thai and Kung fu.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
A Vergil's downfall like dlc with 6-8 missions would be cool

And make him playable in bloody palace with that moveset

Top Bottom