• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Venom Teaser trailer

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
This definitely looks better then the first trailer. I keep hearing about the MCU's spiderman being in it but I dunno.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
This definitely looks better then the first trailer. I keep hearing about the MCU's spiderman being in it but I dunno.
They keep going back and forth over whether it takes place in the MCU. The way I look at it, Marvel and Disney aren't acknowledging it, and Sony's trying to claim it's connected to the MCU to ride the coattails.
Do agree though, this is a much better trailer, and I fanboyed like crazy at the end there (Even commented that in 7 seconds, Tom Hardy's already a better Venom then Topher Grace) I hope it's good, cause I am a a huge fan of Venom (even more then Spider-Man actually) so I'm hoping for the best (Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish Tom was playing Wolverine instead). Either way I'm expecting to end 2018 with saying Deadpool 2's my favorite comic book movie of the year, that or Black Panther.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Alright, I dunno if I like Eddie being the man eating monster...
I know he was like that in the comics from time to time, but that could get ugly fast.
Otherwise, I'm sold. Most likely gonna watch in the theater (if it doesn't get cencored to hell and back that is)

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Better trailer than the last one, still not impressed.

Eddie Brock's accent sounds like that of a toddler, or a grown man trying to imitate a toddler. The humor feels forced. The dialogue seems cheesy.

I like that they gave the symbiote more of a personality, though.

I don't want to discard it yet as the movie itself may blow my mind, but the trailer didn't do it for me.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I maybe in the minority here but the Venom looks incredibly cartoonish, the teeth&giant tongue is just too goofy looking and don't work in live action. I honestly prefer the Rami's Venom , while Rami's Venom was a little too skinny his face was pretty on point. Plus, is this movie just about Venom? Are they just gonna have him eat a bunch of criminals and make him this anti-hero type of guy? cus in the comics he EATS innocent civilians, does DIsney have the balls to show that? probably not.

Plus, i don't get why the hell Venom of all people is getting his own movie. I'd rather have a new Blade movie or new Ghost Rider movie written by someone who can write.

EDIT: Oh wait, this is from Sony not Marvel!? that explains it! Marvel would never make a Standalone Venom movie lol

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I like it. It definitely feels like it could be a bloody good time. I just hope it lives up to the hype.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I maybe in the minority here but the Venom looks incredibly cartoonish, the teeth&giant tongue is just too goofy looking and don't work in live action. I honestly prefer the Rami's Venom , while Rami's Venom was a little too skinny his face was pretty on point. Plus, is this movie just about Venom? Are they just gonna have him eat a bunch of criminals and make him this anti-hero type of guy? cus in the comics he EATS innocent civilians, does DIsney have the balls to show that? probably not.

Plus, i don't get why the hell Venom of all people is getting his own movie. I'd rather have a new Blade movie or new Ghost Rider movie written by someone who can write.

EDIT: Oh wait, this is from Sony not Marvel!? that explains it! Marvel would never make a Standalone Venom movie lol

Venom never ate an innocent Civilian while bonded to Eddie, maybe when it was Gargan but that don't count for the movie since it's eddie.
Also, this Venom looks mostly like (I think) McFarlane Venom. If Rami's Venom had that Physique it would look even goofier.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Venom never ate an innocent Civilian while bonded to Eddie, maybe when it was Gargan but that don't count for the movie since it's eddie.
Also, this Venom looks mostly like (I think) McFarlane Venom. If Rami's Venom had that Physique it would look even goofier.
I never read the comics but didn't he eat innocents in the Ultimate Comics? I've only played the Ultimate video game where he does go and eat the civilians, in fact even killing petty criminals is not really justified.

The problem with Venom is that they always only focus one or 2 individuals being infected by it, Symbiote is a parasite which can take over the earth easily. Web of Shadows is my favourite story involving Symbiotes which uses Venom symbiote as a way more dangerous villain than just Eddie brock's roid rage Venom who's obsessed with spiderman like some pathetic ex-girlfriend. Symbiotes would make for a great horror movie where they are these vampire like beings, preying on and converting humans en masse and also copying all the abilities of other superheroes. It makes 0% sense that symbiotes would only copy Spiderman and not any of the X-men's mutant powers.

I don't think this looks like Mcfarlane's Venom though, it lacks classic white symbol on its chest. Rami's Venom didn't need to be THIS beefy but he should've been a little more muscular.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well finally a trailer I can dig... somewhat. Still not liking the humor, too ridiculous. That "I have a parasite" scene at the end, I found it pretty cringy. Actually I find the whole of Tom Hardy's acting in these trailers pretty cringy.

I do like Venom's design though, even if some of the CGI looks so fake. Eh, still don't think I'll be seeing it in theaters.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I never read the comics but didn't he eat innocents in the Ultimate Comics? I've only played the Ultimate video game where he does go and eat the civilians, in fact even killing petty criminals is not really justified.

The problem with Venom is that they always only focus one or 2 individuals being infected by it, Symbiote is a parasite which can take over the earth easily. Web of Shadows is my favourite story involving Symbiotes which uses Venom symbiote as a way more dangerous villain than just Eddie brock's roid rage Venom who's obsessed with spiderman like some pathetic ex-girlfriend. Symbiotes would make for a great horror movie where they are these vampire like beings, preying on and converting humans en masse and also copying all the abilities of other superheroes. It makes 0% sense that symbiotes would only copy Spiderman and not any of the X-men's mutant powers.

I don't think this looks like Mcfarlane's Venom though, it lacks classic white symbol on its chest. Rami's Venom didn't need to be THIS beefy but he should've been a little more muscular.

Well yeah, that's Ultimate Eddie, wich is an alternate Universe. 616 Eddie die eat Criminals only (wich is still something I really dislike), so I do agree with you on it not being justified.

Web of Shadows really doesn't make sense in that regard (Still my favourite Spidey game though). In the Comics the Symbiote could only produce 1 Spawn originally. The 5 Live Foundation Symbiotes (the villains from the movie) were artifically "torn" from Venom. Although that was kinda changed or tweaked when he split himself to create Mania, soooo yeah... That was a plot point of the Agent Venom run that never really got anywhere...
Also Symbiotes enhance the abilities of their wielder. In case of Spidey the Symbiote mimmiced his powers. I think the only ones that copy abilities are the Skrulls, but don't quote me on that.
I believe there was a crossover recently where the X-Men had symbiotes I think, haven't read it though.

Without Spidey being the first Host, it would not make sense if he had the Spider on the chest.
The Ultimate Game had a cool take on that, with the Symbiote gaining the Symbol after eating Carnage (who was bonded to Peter at the time).

Overall, while I'm going to watch the movie (mostly because I've been waiting ages for it), I'm still torn on it being a Venom movie without Spidey, since he is central to the origin of the Symbiote on Earth.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Without Spidey being the first Host, it would not make sense if he had the Spider on the chest.
Honestly, there are so many universes in comics that anything can be called an "alternate universe" at this point. Also, i'm kind of glad that Spiderman Isn't in this movie. Venom chasing after Spiderman like an obsessive ex is just getting tried and it wasn't that great of a rivalry to begin with.

DarkSlayerVergil

Honestly, there are so many universes in comics that anything can be called an "alternate universe" at this point. Also, i'm kind of glad that Spiderman Isn't in this movie. Venom chasing after Spiderman like an obsessive ex is just getting tried and it wasn't that great of a rivalry to begin with.
I disagree and also a venom movie without Spidey feels weird considering thier mutual hatred of Spiderman is what brought the symbiote and Eddie together. The movie itself are giving me Ultimate Spiderman vibes as well.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I disagree and also a venom movie without Spidey feels weird considering thier mutual hatred of Spiderman is what brought the symbiote and Eddie together. The movie itself are giving me Ultimate Spiderman vibes as well.
I think that's where the story is going towards. I think Venom getting his own film sets up for Ultimate Spiderman. They're even using Carnage in there!

I was wondering what direction they were going to go with that cliffhanger ending with Venom/Carnage being sucked into the portal...? Glad they're exploring this.

DarkSlayerVergil

I think that's where the story is going towards. I think Venom getting his own film sets up for Ultimate Spiderman. They're even using Carnage in there!

I was wondering what direction they were going to go with that cliffhanger ending with Venom/Carnage being sucked into the portal...? Glad they're exploring this.
I've read that the symbiote in the trailer is actually Riot:
81235-188062-riot.jpg

I actually going more off the Ultimate Spiderman game and the portal ending are giving me 90s Spiderman nostalgia. :wink::wink::wink::wink:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yeah and i think that story is pretty dumb&overdone in cartoons,comics,games and movies, Brock just HATES Perter because he was a douchebag to him once? Geez talk about being petty! This is why i never liked Venom as a villain. And hell, the symbiote has shown multiple times that it would leave eddie the moment Spiderman accepts it back. I don't think the symbiote hates Peter as much as it just wants to bond with him.

I could understand if Peter did something genuinely terrible to eddie which made him Venom, like getting him locked up in prison which made his ill wife die or something. That would be a legitimate reason for eddie's "hatred", Carnage as a villain makes much more sense, as casady just a psychopath. I'll never understand why Venom is more popular than Carnage, carnage looks cooler and has motives that make sense. Eddie brock is a big baby when you really break it down.

I'm just hoping that this version venom has more depth to him and motives that actually make sense rather than "Damn you peter parker, i HATE YOU" . Eddie Brock is like Broly basically, he hates the main character for the pettiest reasons.

DarkSlayerVergil

Yeah and i think that story is pretty dumb, Brock just HATES Perter because he was a douchebag to him once? Geez talk about being petty! This is why i never liked Venom as a villain.

I could understand if Peter did something genuinely terrible to eddie which made him Venom, like getting him locked up in prison which made his ill wife die or something. That would be a legitimate reason for eddie's "hatred", Carnage as a villain makes much more sense, as casady just a psychopath. I'll never understand why Venom is more popular than Carnage, carnage looks cooler and has motives that make sense. Eddie brock is a big baby when you really break it down.

I'm just hoping that this version venom has more depth to him and motives that actually make sense rather than "Damn you peter parker, i HATE YOU" . Eddie Brock is like Broly basically, he hates the main character for the pettiest reasons.
Peter was never an outright jerk to Brock ever (it sounds like you don't really know the actual context at all really) it was the fact that Eddie had wrote a paper on a serial killer that had confessed to the murders through email. And due to the discovery Eddie became a success only for Spiderman to catch the real guy and causing Eddie to become a laughing stock of the journalist communtiy and this caused a chain reaction of terrible events to his wife leaving him, to his father disowning him, and him being fired. His hatred of Spiderman is more misguided than anything and that whole "Broly hating Goku cause he cried" meme that fans love to regurgitate never had any legs to stand at all. The **** motives did Carnage have besides being the joker with super powers? The reason why Venom is more popular is mainly due to him being a decently developed character unlike Carnage who's just a one dimensional villain.

Top Bottom