• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trailer For A DEVIL MAY CRY Movie Coming Soon?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Actually even the TGS 2010 Dante was voiced by Tim Phillips......I don't know maybe its me but this trailer voice for Dante sounds better than how it is in the game.
I just don't hear his voice. But you guys might be right maybe it is Tim, but I really really really really don't hear the resemblance at all and I heard his voice in blasting surround sound.....TWICE. lol

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
22282593.jpg

CNYFZ.gif
tumblr_lmj50aH3Xj1qfewofo1_500.jpg

sticker,375x360.png

AngelMode

Yeah... I thought the 2010 trailer was a different one.

This trailer's voice was definitely Tim's though. It was just the way he said that last line that the tone of his voice was kinda a little off, but you can still tell it is him.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah... I thought the 2010 trailer was a different one.

This trailer's voice was definitely Tim's though. It was just the way he said that last line that the tone of his voice was kinda a little off, but you can still tell it is him.

Nope its the same......if listen closer the TGS 10 Dante does sound a lot like Tim Phillips when he says "I'm Dante"

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
? I'm almost positive that the voice at the end of the TGS 2010 trailer was not Tim Phillips. It sounded like a 40 year old man, it was extremely gruff and didn't resemble his voice at all.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
You couldn't tell the voice of Tim in the new trailer how would you know.
Woah man! What's with the hostility? I was just stating that I'm pretty sure the guy that said, "My name is Dante" in the first trailer isn't Tim.
Oh and by the way I STILL don't believe it's Tim's voice in the new trailer either, no matter what anyone says. I'm one of the only people that actually heard the guy's voice at the theaters, so I stand by what I say. It sounds like a different voice actor to me.
Oh and I don't know for a fact about the guy's voice in the first trailer, so how do you know that it's Tim?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Woah man! What's with the hostility? I was just stating that I'm pretty sure the guy that said, "My name is Dante" in the first trailer isn't Tim.
Oh and by the way I STILL don't believe it's Tim's voice in the new trailer either, no matter what anyone says. I'm one of the only people that actually heard the guy's voice at the theaters, so I stand by what I say. It sounds like a different voice actor to me.
Oh and I don't know for a fact about the guy's voice in the first trailer, so how do you know that it's Tim?

The voice for 2010 was Tim. I could tell by the way he yells and by the way he grunts was Tim Phillips straight on. When he says my name is Dante that's still Tim, but he lowered his voice to sound more demonic and hard. The person motion capturing Dante was someone else and the face was also based off that motion capturer as well.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
The voice for 2010 was Tim. I could tell by the way he yells and by the way he grunts was Tim Phillips straight on. When he says my name is Dante that's still Tim, but he lowered his voice to sound more demonic and hard. The person motion capturing Dante was someone else and the face was also based off that motion capturer as well.
I agree that the grunts and screams were Tim, I can definitely tell that, but the voice at the end does not sound like Tim to me. How do you guys know that it's Tim at the end of the trailer?

AngelMode

It sounds like Tim to me... if you hear Dante's voice in most trailers, you can tell he has that teenage sound to it... it sounded just the same in the trailer.

And here's the thing: The game is less than half a year from being released and they still need to work on some of the gameplay. Do you think they have the luxury to go back and do the motion and voice capture all over again with a different person? Because, yes, NT does motion and voice capture at the same time... they don't voice over it after. There is like no way that NT is going to change the voice of Dante at this point...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I agree that the grunts and screams were Tim, I can definitely tell that, but the voice at the end does not sound like Tim to me. How do you guys know that it's Tim at the end of the trailer?
Choco, just ask tameem on twitter if tim voiced the character in all the trailers

Domenic93

I could guess that as the game progresses, the more demonic Dante's DT will become. That'd be cool.

Edit: And like 788Masri said, it'd be interesting if this Dante had more problems to be compatible with the devil side, or trouble to keep it in check etc.
maybe so, but it probably wouldn't change how the mechanic works,

Top Bottom