• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trailer For A DEVIL MAY CRY Movie Coming Soon?

Gaflima

Son of no one.

Back in February of 2011, Screen Gems (the company who have produced the Resident Evil movies) acquired the rights to make a film adaptation based on the popular Devil May Cry video game franchise. It has been previously stated that Kyle Ward (Machete Kills) would be writing the script but there has not been any news on a release date or casting for the project. The company who develops the games, Capcom have also stated in the past that the game would be based on the new rebooted take on the franchise, DmC: Devil May Cry. Now, Alberta Film Ratings have classified a trailer for the film adaptation, and it looks set to debut with the latest Resident Evil film, Resident Evil: Retribution; the trailer classified is 1:31 in length. It's very possible that this trailer could simply be an announcment trailer, but nothing is clear just yet. Stay tuned to CBM for more on this news.
Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/NerdyGeek/news/?a=66594

K2BJoker

Devil May Cry a GOOD movie ? The trailer is classified PG-13. Probably they try to imitate Twilight, the result might be catastrophic, the Resident Evil movie series was an abbomination of a game to movie adaptation, think what might turn out to be Devil May Cry.

Lets hope its just a false leak.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Devil May Cry a GOOD movie ? The trailer is classified PG-13. Probably they try to imitate Twilight, the result might be catastrophic, the Resident Evil movie series was an abbomination of a game to movie adaptation, think what might turn out to be Devil May Cry.

classified pg 13? where did you hear that?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
So now that I have to thank Gaflima for stealing my spotlight, I need to throw in the pony on THIS THREAD TOO
dante_looking_good_by_shadowpredator100-d52cjau.jpg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh God. Resident Evil people are doing it? I did say "I'm sure they can do good on it" but that's because I thought someone else was doing the movie. Now that it really is them handling it, I'm worried. Hopefully Kyle Ward will atleast stay true to the DMC story for the script.

Capcom: "Good news fanboys, that rumored DMC movie is based off the original DMC."

Fanboys:"
g1331560209296829814.jpg

Capcom: "Bad news; The Resident Evil movie crew is making it.":troll:

Fanboys: "
scumbag-stefano-meme-generator-bro-you-better-give-me-my-money-back-or-i-ll-eat-your-wife-f9095c.jpg

If it's based on the rebooted DmC then I'm okay with that. However if it's based on the original, which is fit for more anime style then live action movies, then...
images

Agility

"Known"
Ha. Like we didn't see this coming by the Epic trailers DmC already has.

To everyone else who has a problem with this..

Devil Player

Well, basically every trailer is rated pg-13, so major audiences will be able to watch it.

That doesn't mean the movie is rated pg-13, which is entirely different.

That being said, I'm curious about it. False leak or not, it seems to be too much detailed, even had a running time, lol. Let's wait until RE Retribution's release.

Agility

"Known"
Well, basically every trailer is rated pg-13, so major audiences will be able to watch it.

That doesn't mean the movie is rated pg-13, which is entirely different.

That being said, I'm curious about it. False leak or not, it seems to be too much detailed, even had a running time, lol. Let's wait until RE Retribution's release.

Dat Red Band Trailer.

K2BJoker

WAIT ! This might be an animated film to tie in with the video game DmC, like with Dante Inferno, maybe will be direct to DVD and will featurre an animated style similar to Japanese art. Like he DMC animated series.

Top Bottom