• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tokyo Game Show 2012

Tiran

The great pretender.
For those concerned about using Arbiter in battle I refer you to this old demonstration...

Notice how the use of the axe does not break the beat of the action and @ 1:43 even hits the beat of the music perfectly. As does the subsequent wild swings of the scythe during the second repeat of the chorus. (And the combats' only been improved since then.)

also, for your amusement... Our fan-base on both sides. (We're all such dicks sometimes)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Please, don't do this Phoenix Wright bs... I'm sure you are far from being a lawyer, and if you are then I feel sorry for you
The prosecution reminds the defense that this is a court of law of video games. Thus forth, childish insults towards one another are only allowed when we are discussing Call of Duty.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well Crush, your review just hyped me up even more to play the demo! :)
Sounds like you had a great time playing. And you lucky bastard you got to see a new trailer!!

Devil Player

Well, maybe we'll be watching another trailer or gameplay today...

DmC is the second to be shown today, instead of the last video that was shown yesterday...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
phoenix_wright_hold_it.gif
Crush, I'm sorry, but I can't let you finish
But that weapon sounds fun in any game series that ISN'T supposed to be fast paced action and stylish.

It just makes it sound brutal, and it confirms my fears,

The weapon is not quick and combo chaining, but instead just a freaking piece of brutal dogsh*t, put in their to appeal the GoW fanboys, who won't play anything without gore and blood.

I cannot even see this weapon being USED in a DMC game, much less one of the primary weapons.

Do I need to elaborate?

Allow me to.

While weapons like Osiris from this game and Cerberus from DMC3 fit PERFECTLY in DMC gameplay wise, this game takes a turn for the worst, and decides to make a weapon focused on brutality and violence, without even thinking about stylishness,

This weapon is used to decapitate, not to rack up a combo, and for that, it belongs in any Hack and slash-Beat em up EXCEPT for DMC.

Now I know what you are going to say, "But this is DmC, not DMC"

objection_by_speccysy-d4odss5.png

But why the HELL would you call it a Devil May Cry reboot, if it does not even have the same GAMEPLAY as the original, reboot means to change the story and keep the key aspects of what made the series. IF you are ONLY keeping the responsiveness of the combat (which is shared by God Of War, a completely different game), then it would make much more sense to make it a new IP.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
phoenix_wright_hold_it.gif
Crush, I'm sorry, but I can't let you finish
But that weapon sounds fun in any game series that ISN'T supposed to be fast paced action and stylish.

It just makes it sound brutal, and it confirms my fears,

The weapon is not quick and combo chaining, but instead just a freaking piece of brutal dogsh*t, put in their to appeal the GoW fanboys, who won't play anything without gore and blood.

I cannot even see this weapon being USED in a DMC game, much less one of the primary weapons.

Do I need to elaborate?

Allow me to.

While weapons like Osiris from this game and Cerberus from DMC3 fit PERFECTLY in DMC gameplay wise, this game takes a turn for the worst, and decides to make a weapon focused on brutality and violence, without even thinking about stylishness,

This weapon is used to decapitate, not to rack up a combo, and for that, it belongs in any Hack and slash-Beat em up EXCEPT for DMC.

Now I know what you are going to say, "But this is DmC, not DMC"

objection_by_speccysy-d4odss5.png

But why the HELL would you call it a Devil May Cry reboot, if it does not even have the same GAMEPLAY as the original, reboot means to change the story and keep the key aspects of what made the series. IF you are ONLY keeping the responsiveness of the combat (which is shared by God Of War, a completely different game), then it would make much more sense to make it a new IP.
Well considering Crush has actually played the game and has seen how the weapon feels I believe he has more leverage in this situation.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
For those concerned about using Arbiter in battle I refer you to this old demonstration...

Notice how the use of the axe does not break the beat of the action and @ 1:43 even hits the beat of the music perfectly. As does the subsequent wild swings of the scythe during the second repeat of the chorus. (And the combats' only been improved since then.)

also, for your amusement... Our fan-base on both sides. (We're all such dicks sometimes)

Ah HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!:D

mrrandomlulz

I love how you didn't come out with any counter arguments. Really, don't try to beat someone with an insult if you have nothing to back it up.
Well considering Crush has actually played the game and has seen how the weapon feels I believe he has more leverage in this situation.
Well I was going off of what Crush said, and what he said made it sound completely brutal

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I love how you didn't come out with any counter arguments. Really, don't try to beat someone with an insult if you have nothing to back it up.
Well I was going off of what Crush said, and what he said made it sound completely brutal
Ah, well I agree with you that it seems to be a more brutal weapon, but I also agree with Crush when he says it is good for being stylish and continuing combos. Just because something is brutal doesn't mean it can't be stylish, example: Bayonetta.

AngelMode

I think a major problem that will somewhat make this game a bit more brutal is the lack of a taunt. Since you will be more concentrated on beating the living crap out of the demons to gain style meter as opposed to others DMCs where you could chill out for a bit, step back, and do a taunt while gaining some meter. After all this time, that is like the major thing that I don't like about DmC, since I used taunt so much in the other games.

Anyway, putting the whole brutal vs stylish comments aside, when is that second live stream thing that you guys were talking about gonna happen?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Are we just arguing about whether or not we like how the game looks?

Come on, fellas.
I have no idea. Lol
I think the game looks great and I haven't even seen it up close yet. But I'm just trying to get across the point that brutal can also be stylish.

mrrandomlulz

As the prosecution has stated in an earlier post, he actually does think the game looks like its worth the money, and he just thought he would voice his opinion on something he felt, didn't look right.

Now if you will excuse the prosecution, he needs to go meet his girlfriend Applejack for a date.

Top Bottom