• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Writing (and Artistic) Ranting Thread

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The urge to shift from one project (which I'm 3/4 of the way through) back to the first in order to fix it and make some necessary changes has become all-consuming. On one hand, I'm trying to make the completion of Fall of the Spectrum a priority. On the other, my desire to go back and start WoN's next draft is distracting me to no end. Truthfully, it's not even just about going back to WoN, but having fresh eyes in order to comb through FotS right after to make the same kinds of technical adjustments.

I'm really torn about whether I should, or not. I'm trying to establish a sense of discipline, making myself finish FotS first, but I can't help wondering if holding off is detrimental in some way.

I may very well give in--once the current chapter of FotS is done. :unsure:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I feel both of you right now. I've got 6 docs open at this moment and that's only cuz my computer was angry when I had 10 up.

--

My Batman fic only wants me to write it from later segments first. D: I know this road: this is the road to getting everything but the basic building up moments written and then abandoning the story. Noooooo. I don't want to. I like Elliot too much.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Nope, sorry. I can't in good conscience "vote for your book so it gets more exposure" when I'm already 3/4s of the way through and finding oh-so-much wrong with it. It might also do you good to not rely on other people for exposure, and not thinking that having the book on the shelves of a gas station, some middle-of-nowhere drive-thru town, and a Christian bookstore counts for anything either...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Nope, sorry. I can't in good conscience "vote for your book so it gets more exposure" when I'm already 3/4s of the way through and finding oh-so-much wrong with it. It might also do you good to not rely on other people for exposure, and not thinking that having the book on the shelves of a gas station, some middle-of-nowhere drive-thru town, and a Christian bookstore counts for anything either...

Oh gods, is it the one you showed me? ^^;

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
*flip table* I'm not sure if I want to write a fight scene or skip it. I feel like I should, but at the same time I want to writr the fight sceen with my two characters. ...they are fighting a giant scorpion. Heheh I'm note sure. I'll sit on it till I'm 100% sure what I'm going to do. On to the next scene. :3

Top Bottom