• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Writing (and Artistic) Ranting Thread

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@Rebel Dynasty @Dante's Stalker Thankies for the ideas! ^^ I'm still mulling it all over, so, if anything comes up, I'll mention it. (I never thought of putting my beta profile on hiatus though...I gotta do that next time I'm on FFN.)

--

I need to come up with a little one shot to write up. Once I'm done posting MoI up, I'm gonna post a note chapter to alert people who haven't been following along with the edits that Blackout shall be incoming...but FFN has that "no ANs as a chapter" rule...which makes me wonder if I should have a scene I cut added to it or if I should write a lil one shot or what.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Can't wait for school holidays.
Only because I'm pretty sure I can get away with writing 24/7 non-stop and catch up on my wordcount.
No school or kindy to get up early for or remember to pick up kids in the afternoon.
No scouts or girl guiding.
YESSSSS bring on the friggin school holidays!

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
*Looks at word count, then looks at word count goal*. Yeah, I don't know what made me think I'd get almost the rest (if not the rest) of FotS done in 30,000 words, when I'm only just wrapping up the second chapter to have been written during NaNo. ^^; Oh well. It'll still be a good chunk. I just hope I can get the first draft done by June/July.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Some good ideas for plot,I want to make it a sort of vengeance story with some fantasy, sci fi, and possibly romance in it

The plot you come up with is something only you can decide, really. ^^; Choose a subject that you're passionate about, or something you would love to read yourself. That's actually what drives a lot of writers; they want to create a story that isn't there already, or one that they haven't been able to find. So, they write the story in the hopes of finding that fulfillment, and in the hope of providing that same sense of fulfillment to others.

I'm sure you'll find a plot that speaks to you. ^^ Just give it time.

LuciferHades

Let's rock,babes!!
The plot you come up with is something only you can decide, really. ^^; Choose a subject that you're passionate about, or something you would love to read yourself. That's actually what drives a lot of writers; they want to create a story that isn't there already, or one that they haven't been able to find. So, they write the story in the hopes of finding that fulfillment, and in the hope of providing that same sense of fulfillment to others.

I'm sure you'll find a plot that speaks to you. ^^ Just give it time.
Thanks,now all I need is cover art ^^

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Doing some research while doing chores and according to this person, the constant ringing in my ears lately is because there is a shift of energies around me, or it could be a sign that my guide or someone is trying to talk to me.

You've got a built-in energy radar that rings?

How do you know it's not just the cat that tripped it?

Have you ever tried to follow it?

.......funny how it's the random irrelevant things like this that make my muse finally talk to me. :thumbsdown::rolleyes::laugh:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I think I've hit that point where I want to delete WoN off all but two of the writing sites I frequent. Having to update it every time I edit or write a new draft is far too time-consuming, and in most cases, more work than it's worth. ._.

Hell, with each draft, I'll probably stop updating it online altogether. Well, better start making that clear across the board, then...*starts typing up notices*.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Not a rant, but something I meant to mention awhile back. ^^;

Anyone here who posts stories to Wattpad or Inkitt, and has trouble with the formatting (loss of italics, spacing, or in the case of Inkitt, having it jump back to the top of the page every time you do an edit), it's most likely a problem with Internet Explorer. Don't get me wrong--I use Explorer for everything. But if you're having trouble posting your stories on the aforementioned sites, give Google Chrome a try. It's the only thing I use it for, and it negates the issues mentioned.

If you try it, I hope it helps. ^^

LuciferHades

Let's rock,babes!!
The sun beat down on the solitary outlaw as he sat and wait for a train destined to come through the very pass he was at. As soon as you see it,make your move…. Don’t wait for anything he thought to himself. He had hated jobs like these,having to make sure this ****ing train made it to whatever God damn town it was supposed to reach safely. Well,this time he was finally getting some action.. By a Bandido calling himself ‘The Kid’ and the Outlaw smiled to himself,ready to show this piece of **** who the ****ing boss is

What I have so far,gonna be the prologue for this book

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I'm getting the urge to write at the most random time now. Good thing I cray a pen and note book around or else I'd lose whatever idea I had. >.> Still continuing to write short stories. Even been reading more books. Thank you public library. <3

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So, quick poll, how do you guys feel about fics where the only interaction between the main couple is through letters/emails/texts/etc? Do you think it could be interesting or would it be trite? What do you think?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Are you talking specifically of epistolary, where the story is told through correspondence? Or that the main characters go about their lives and interact with other characters, but only interact with each other through messages?

Top Bottom