• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
(Sorry, I can't edit posts from my 360)
Is your internet slow... well hackers have attacked a 'spam filtering' site which has affected Internet speeds across the world... I just don't get what these people get out of this kind of thing... sure, I do stuff for lulz... but I don't do it at other people's expense...
FFFFFFF seriously we just went and bought a new router and changed our IP (I think) to get our internet speed back up and shake off those annoying bloody cyber parasites. UGH. This is aggravating. I hope they all get a massive cramp up their arse.

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
When I don't sit next to my friend on the bus and all the 12 year olds start asking: "Did you have a fight?" :0
No, I just let someone else sit by her... And I have never had an argument with her in the 4 years I've known her! I hate those dumb kids that have boyfriends they don't even talk to and break up with after a day, or have stupid arguments on Twitter... What went wrong people? Attention seeking little girls >_<

AND THEY PLAY NICKI MINAJ FULL VOLUME ON THE BUS ... MY EARS ARE BLEEDING

What went wrong with the world?? ;-;

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
What's the difference between this thread and the 'What Are You Thinking?' thread? :<

Because people are killing the fun of the 'thinking' thread, I've created this one where you can come swear, vent, and spew your negative thoughts about this, that or the next thing.

So, here's my bit that I've edited out from the other thread.

I'm thinking the 'what are you thinking' title should be changed to 'make snarky comments about everything and everyone else on the forum at your leisure'. Because who's going to confront you about it, right? You're allowed to think what you think, nobody can tell you what you can and cannot think.

KRSkull

I can't believe how i was simply convinced to play this game. you told me that that game is awesome. and now you tell me that you never played that game. you thought that that its an awesome game because the game is called Catherine.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
You claim to be a serious author/reviewer yet it seems like your story belongs in the young adult world of reading. It's fun for a light read but you got some miles to drive before your complex notions are dropped into there. And it makes me think that you are pandering to a fan base full of 12-16 year olds. I haven't read one review of yours that went much outside of "OMG I LOVE IT!"

On a side note, there are a ****-ton of damn near perfect fan-fic stories and they have little to no reviews. What is up with that? Is it lame if the author builds up a story with descriptive words and plot? Is it only interesting if you state two sentences telling of a character's emotion? Does your story only get noticed if the characters boink each other by the 6th chapter? And even mane worse is that your diction and style could be a lot stronger. Yup, pandering to teenagers honey, and yet your review status is through the roof! Yet you have the nerve to sound so mature and evolved when reviewing other people's **** and yet your story is 'meh' at best. Something is missing here...I mean I know people have different tastes, but could it be possible that that many people think your story is a masterpiece without having objections about it? Ah well, I guess so...

P.S. Why is like...so many OC's 5'5 and under, brunette, in high school/starting college, small build with monster curves, completely nice or stonger than the main character, and screws the main star within the first 25-45% of the story?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
P.S. Why is like...so many OC's 5'5 and under, brunette, in high school/starting college, small build with monster curves, completely nice or stonger than the main character, and screws the main star within the first 25-45% of the story?
Self insert or Mary sue maybe?:troll: The worst are ones where it is so clear the author has written in the idealised version of herself just to have a fantasy relationship with the protagonist even when in the cannon of the game/story/show that the character has a love interest. Or even worse, the mary sue makes the protagonist and antagonist fall for her and then they fight over her....then her awesome goodness turns the antagonist good and they live happily every after.>_<
Most of those things are aimed at teenagers. The other bad fics are ones where it's just lines of dialogue with no description of anything, or maybe at the most 'someone did something' and then more dialogue.

Britt690

Most of those things are aimed at teenagers. The other bad fics are ones where it's just lines of dialogue with no description of anything, or maybe at the most 'someone did something' and then more dialogue.
I think you just answered my question XD. I mean, I like reading stories w/ OC's in them, but it is a bit of a challenge to have to weed through the selection, especially when it's coupled with bad grammar. :O

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think you just answered my question XD. I mean, I like reading stories w/ OC's in them, but it is a bit of a challenge to have to weed through the selection, especially when it's coupled with bad grammar. :O
I do too, but mostly they are like a Mary sue. Good ones are hard to find. Usually the Harry Potter fandom is worst for bad OC insertion. Also, I find it odd that a lot of fics have wizards/witches from the US come to Hogwarts. If France has a magical school then surely a huge place like the US would have at least one magical school too. :/ Worst are ones that just ignore cannon.
You're right that it is a challenge to find a good OC these days. Not only is there bad grammar, but spelling, use of paragraphs, and typing a story in text speak is a pet peeve of mine. I hate that.
Got to admit though that some OC fics are so bad that they are funny. The mythical 'My immortal' Harry Potter fic comes to mind.:lol:

Britt690

I do too, but mostly they are like a Mary sue. Good ones are hard to find. Usually the Harry Potter fandom is worst for bad OC insertion. Also, I find it odd that a lot of fics have wizards/witches from the US come to Hogwarts. If France has a magical school then surely a huge place like the US would have at least one magical school too. :/ Worst are ones that just ignore cannon.
You're right that it is a challenge to find a good OC these days. Not only is there bad grammar, but spelling, use of paragraphs, and typing a story in text speak is a pet peeve of mine. I hate that.
Got to admit though that some OC fics are so bad that they are funny. The mythical 'My immortal' Harry Potter fic comes to mind.:lol:
Pfft, I haven't read a Harry Potter fic in...forever simply because of the absurd amount of OC's. It's even prevented me from reading stories with just the primary characters in them 0_o. I kinda stick to the Dark Knight-ish lair a bit. There are a load of OC's there, but they seem pretty damn interesting (Not to mention an angsty, bitter WELL-WRITTEN Joker story is a JOY to read XD) And the DMC section * busting in a fit of giggles* I damn near give up. I stick to the veteran writers in that section mostly. I want to give feedback that would help the author on some of these stories, but their litlle digital stans are blocking the author from receiving any!:D

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
(This rant has no connection with the above ones, it just happens to touch on a similar topic.)
First of all, you're an idiot. You went onto a site for original fiction and b*tched about how much you hate original characters. Um...excuse me, did you not see where it says "for original fiction"? If you hate OCs so much, then why bother reading/gaming/watching movies/etc at all? All of those are chock full of OCs.
Secondly, the fact that you say every OC that's ever been is a Mary Sue/Gary Stu makes you just plain ignorant.
Stop insulting us writers and f*ck off before "people like us" decide you'd make a better writing utensil. -_-

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Hate it when people get diagnosed with a condition on purpose just to get special treatment. Not naming names, but someone I know decided to try and get diagnosed with ADHD just so he could get an extenson on the thesis deadline. That's just not right.

And someone else who has a very very mild form of aspergers (couldn't tell unless you were told they had it) who failed to get into a university because they did not have the right grades; so they sent a letter saying they were being discriminated against and that they should be let in even though their grades were terrible. Stop hiding behind that as an excuse. I've seen people with far worse try to live their lives without hiding behind their condiditon or using it for special treatment.
I have another friend who is totally blind, but they say to treat them like a normal person and won't ask for special help with assignments and will do as much as they can for themselves because they say they hate to use the condition as an excuse.

I wish more people were like that person. If that person can live their life as normally as possible, then more able people should be more aware of what they have and how they take it for granted to do something as simple as go to the shops or write an email.

Britt690

Sweetheart, have you ever heard of a dictionary or a thesaurus? They're all over the place so...what's the reason why you keep mixing up 'two' and 'too'?

I hate group projects. People love to flake out, not help at all, give me information as to where they got their source from instead of sifting through the work and giving me/telling me the work that they were supposed to do. What's the point of it being called a GROUP project if one person does the majority of the work?

I'm about 2 seconds away from throwing my printer against the wall if it crumbles out one more piece of paper. I checked for paper jams, I've checked under the bottom of it and I don't see anything. If it ****s up one more time...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
You claim to be a serious author/reviewer yet it seems like your story belongs in the young adult world of reading. It's fun for a light read but you got some miles to drive before your complex notions are dropped into there. And it makes me think that you are pandering to a fan base full of 12-16 year olds. I haven't read one review of yours that went much outside of "OMG I LOVE IT!"

On a side note, there are a ****-ton of damn near perfect fan-fic stories and they have little to no reviews. What is up with that? Is it lame if the author builds up a story with descriptive words and plot? Is it only interesting if you state two sentences telling of a character's emotion? Does your story only get noticed if the characters boink each other by the 6th chapter? And even mane worse is that your diction and style could be a lot stronger. Yup, pandering to teenagers honey, and yet your review status is through the roof! Yet you have the nerve to sound so mature and evolved when reviewing other people's **** and yet your story is 'meh' at best. Something is missing here...I mean I know people have different tastes, but could it be possible that that many people think your story is a masterpiece without having objections about it? Ah well, I guess so...

OMG, it's me, isn't it? Are you talking about me? OMG, I knew it. I suck big time.

Top Bottom