• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Goldsickle

PROFESSOR X: "Welcome to the school for the gifted. How may I help you?"

ME: "I need help controlling my powers."

PROFESSOR X: "I see. May I know what your powers are?"

ME: "My powers are to remember every cringy things I did or happened to me even after 20 years, in vivid detail, as though they happened a few minutes ago."

PROFESSOR X: "... I'm afraid that is beyond my abilities... I would say that you're pretty screwed."

ME: "FU**!"

Goldsickle

"I need to smoke because it helps take away the edge/helps me relieve my daily stress/helps me get by the day."

How does lung cancer sound?
Having a tumor on your spine so bad that it disintegrates a few discs, making you unable to walk and bedridden for the rest of your f***ing life.

Then you'll be even more stressed and on the edge.

Oh and it gets into your brain as well.
Maybe it will eat into the part that causes stress and maybe you'll be stress-free for the rest of your remaining (short) life.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
"I need to smoke because it helps take away the edge/helps me relieve my daily stress/helps me get by the day."

How does lung cancer sound?
Having a tumor on your spine so bad that it disintegrates a few discs, making you unable to walk and bedridden for the rest of your f***ing life.

Then you'll even more stressed and on the edge.

Oh and it gets into your brain as well.
Maybe it will eat into the part that causes stress and maybe you'll be stress-free for the rest of your remaining (short) life.
Besides lung cancer, COPD sounds great.

My mother had to wear little oxygen tubes under her nose almost round the clock for the last 5 years of her life. As an end result she practically suffocated to death.

Smoking kills.

Oh and it causes developmental disorders for the fetus if you smoke while pregnant. Such as strabismus. For which the child will hear for their whole life, not only because of how they look like but also because they don't have 3D vision and thus common stairs can be struggle for them. Talking as a cross-eyed kid myself.

// Also, it's now confirmed that YES, they buried mom in the wrong grave, thus digging up my grandmother. We were in hopes that they maybe didn't open it yet but yup, it was too late to stop them.
I advised my uncle to file a complain to the regional supervisory authorities about this.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Also, it's now confirmed that YES, they buried mom in the wrong grave, thus digging up my grandmother. We were in hopes that they maybe didn't open it yet but yup, it was too late to stop them.
I advised my uncle to file a complain to the regional supervisory authorities about this.
Following properly laid-out instructions is too much of a bother to some people.
They're probably gambling on the chance that you will overlook their half-ass job and just accept it.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Following properly laid-out instructions is too much of a bother to some people.
They're probably gambling on the chance that you will overlook their half-ass job and just accept it.
Nah. The church officials have actually been really apologetic and already informed me that it was their mistake and they will not charge the burial fee from the heirs. Doesn't make any difference to us, because the estate is in debt and the burial costs would be covered by the state social services anyway, but I consider that a nice move (they didn't know about the cost issue anyway). It's the "bare minimum" they can offer, like the church informed us in their message.

The person in charge also interviewed the people who were digging the grave and it's a relief that they actually spotted grandmother's urn there and laid it back in the grave (they were able to tell the color and material of the urn so we know they actually saw it and were not just lying about it to save their butt). So we know that her remains are where they should be. But of course my uncle is still devastated, he feels that the grave was violated and his mother's remains were disturbed, so I am still guiding him through the regional authority process.

Goldsickle

Nah. The church officials have actually been really apologetic and already informed me that it was their mistake and they will not charge the burial fee from the heirs. Doesn't make any difference to us, because the estate is in debt and the burial costs would be covered by the state social services anyway, but I consider that a nice move (they didn't know about the cost issue anyway). It's the "bare minimum" they can offer, like the church informed us in their message.

The person in charge also interviewed the people who were digging the grave and it's a relief that they actually spotted grandmother's urn there and laid it back in the grave (they were able to tell the color and material of the urn so we know they actually saw it and were not just lying about it to save their butt). So we know that her remains are where they should be. But of course my uncle is still devastated, he feels that the grave was violated and his mother's remains were disturbed, so I am still guiding him through the regional authority process.
So it was an honest mistake.
After going through multiple "bare minimum" and "not my f***ing job" situations, I have been wired to expect such outcomes from those offering services.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So it was an honest mistake.
After going through multiple "bare minimum" and "not my f***ing job" situations, I have been wired to expect such outcomes from those offering services.
Lowkey hilarious, but to put it simple, the key reason for this hassle was that they read the graveyard map upside down.

Feel free to laugh because hey, what else could you do about it... :LOL: :oops:

Goldsickle

Another day, another dumbf*** assumes that I'm a "new fan" of Resident Evil because I'm open to changes and modernization in the series.

I've been with the series since 1996.
In fact, Resident Evil was one of the reason I bought a PlayStation back then.

You just never run out of people trying to pull a "you're just a new fan, so your words are invalid" ad hominem because they're losing/lost the argument.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Another day, another dumbf*** assumes that I'm a "new fan" of Resident Evil because I'm open to changes and modernization in the series.

I've been with the series since 1996.
In fact, Resident Evil was one of the reason I bought a PlayStation back then.

You just never run out of people trying to pull a "you're just a new fan, so your words are invalid" ad hominem because they're losing/lost the argument.
The reason my bro and I got a Playstation was for Street Fighter Alpha 3, Crash Bandicoot 2, Tekken 2, and Parasite Eve.

Battle Royale games/modes really need to die and do not belong in every first or third person shooter. And those constantly trying to push them where they not belong, just because they won't get/think it will hurt their viewership count need to shut the f#ck up. They are slaves to their own addiction and memes. Case in point:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So now a private school in Kent is making schoolchildren that are unvaccinated wear yellow badges that they have to always wear publicly. I seem to recall something very similar happening some seventy years ago...

*Sigh* It seems that no matter how things changes, some things will always remain the same.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
@Morgan, @V's patron prove me wrong :confused: but if this new spider-man bring what I want I mean original characters from trilogy on trailers until now and I don't know anything about this new movie or problems surround it honestly just sit in a corner and hopefully one day Tobey Maguire back as original Spider-Man but again false hope.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Morgan, @V's patron prove me wrong :confused: but if this new spider-man bring what I want I mean original characters from trilogy on trailers until now and I don't know anything about this new movie or problems surround it honestly just sit in a corner and hopefully one day Tobey Maguire back as original Spider-Man but again false hope.
Oh boy. I'm not that invested in Holland as Spider-Man. He's too Disney Channel for me.

I don't mind the Raimi films but I'm not nostalgic for them.

I'm not even in a rush for the Sinister Six to pop up. So this isn't my fight.

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Oh boy. I'm not that invested in Holland as Spider-Man. He's too Disney Channel for me.

People already making Tobey memes with Bully Maguire :ROFL: that is beyond MCU or Disney imagination I mean they literally put him in any movie scenes (he's all ready immortal).
Edit: we don't need any spider-man movies :ROFL: just search on YouTube about Bully Maguire and you get your favorite movies scenes with him :coffee:.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

I just want Spider-Verse 2.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Am I invisible on here?

Invisible as in not showing your online status or as in more abstract sense?

If it's the latter, most likely people have got nothing smart to say. I don't have an Android TV box, for example. Don't worry or take it too personally, it's the nature of web communities I think. :)

Elsewhere around the Interwebz there was a gal who loved to craft unnecessary drama of "being forgotten" or "being treated like garbage because no one responded to stuff only I know something about" every time when she was bored and it didn't end well for her. I assume this is not the case for you but you get the point.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
prove me wrong :confused: but if this new spider-man bring what I want I mean original characters from trilogy on trailers until now and I don't know anything about this new movie or problems surround it honestly just sit in a corner and hopefully one day Tobey Maguire back as original Spider-Man but again false hope.
The trailers for No Way Home are showing old villains and Otto doesn't recognize Tom Holland as a Peter Parker who's Spider-Man, suggesting he's from the Raimiverse and not an MCU Otto variant who just happens to have the same actor the way JK Simmons is JJJ in both Raimiverse and MCU.

The official second trailer with Lizard and Electro attacking thin air (and the thin air kicking Lizard's head out of alignment) show there are characters edited out, and they also have abysmally poor audio splicing that's ridiculously easy to hear because apparently they couldn't pay these actors (read: Benedict Cumberbatch) enough to just record the line entirely for the trailer and had to pull words out of various scenes.

There's leaked footage and photographs, and imagery in newly released tv spots that match the leaked photographs.

At this point if it turns out that other Spider-Men have nothing to do with this movie and it was all a bait and switch from a still-alive Mysterio who made drone illusions with the tech he had before E.D.I.T.H., I would LMAO, applaud in the theater, and take back anything I've said about Sony not taking any risks with their movies. Which I've never said. But I'd retract it; honest.

You notably left out the Webb films (The Amazing Spider-Man, with Andrew Garfield) so I'll just assume you're a fan of those.
No, I'm not accepting commentary to the contrary.

Edit: we don't need any spider-man movies :ROFL: just search on YouTube about Bully Maguire and you get your favorite movies scenes with him :coffee:.
See: the entire Tobey In The MCU channel on YouTube.

I just want Spider-Verse 2.

'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse' Producer Teases News About the Sequel

'SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME' PRODUCER AMY PASCAL REVEALS MORE ABOUT THE HISTORIC FILM AND CONFIRMS TOM HOLLAND'S FUTURE AS SPIDER-MAN

Fandango: How are things going on that second Spider-Verse movie?

Amy Pascal:
It’s going to be fantastic. We have something to show on that very soon.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Morgan
It's like you read my mind. ;).

I liked Garfield in the role and I only saw the first one. It was a good character study/deconstruction-reconstruction of Peter but the Lizard was misplaced. Garfield's Peter was his own worst enemy so I would've used the Shocker instead. He's a low-level villian with a simple gimmick so I don't have to devote that much time to him.

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Just why....I just want sell my old PC faster by using social media....God :mad:.....some people still in doubt that my old PC isn't good, people must trust to place or digital store that I gave my system and they still asking me some questions to find weakness in my PC, if they think my system is weak for them then they don't understand my PC can run DMC 5 with normal options or photoshop jobs :cautious:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom