• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Seriously, only someone that stupid, arrogant, or both bothers to fight with their hands in their pockets.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Not a rant, but this whole hot food search thing reminded me of the claimed origins on Disney's Frozen movie, related to the conspiracy theory of Walt Disney's corpse being preserved in cryonics.

You know, "They named it Frozen so the search query "Disney frozen" would get too complicated to get this info about cryonics"

I wonder if Disney On Ice is said to relate to that too.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Seriously, only someone that stupid, arrogant, or both bothers to fight with their hands in their pockets.
Orange Cassidy has entered the chat.

Not a rant, but this whole hot food search thing reminded me of the claimed origins on Disney's Frozen movie, related to the conspiracy theory of Walt Disney's corpse being preserved in cryonics.

You know, "They named it Frozen so the search query "Disney frozen" would get too complicated to get this info about cryonics"

I wonder if Disney On Ice is said to relate to that too.
The real reason why the movie is called "Frozen" and not "The Snow Queen" is probably because Disney the Corporation is boring af and lately took to naming their heroine movies by adjectives and not names or epithets. Compare "Rapunzel" to "Tangled", "The Snow Queen" to "Frozen", and "The Bear and the Bow" to "Brave". Please note that they clearly didn't have this issue with "The Little Mermaid", "Cinderella", "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", "Beauty and the Beast", "Sleeping Beauty", "Pocahontas", and "Mulan", but now suddenly they pretend to give a crap about how children process titles and whether or not boys want to watch princess films. Imagine if all those Disney movies had bland-af adjectives. Imagine if "The Lion King" and "Aladdin" and "Wreck-it Ralph" had "vague one-word descriptors of the protagonist" type titles.

But that real reason is boring.

So yeah might as well think that Walt Disney is cryogenically frozen and the adjective title is to throw off Google.

The solution is to search "Disney cryogenically frozen" or "Walt Disney frozen in ice". Like I said, search engines are generally stupid on their own. ;)

Goldsickle

Nah, the animation team are just fans of Frozen (2010).

Imagine if all those Disney movies had bland-af adjectives. Imagine if "The Lion King" and "Aladdin" and "Wreck-it Ralph" had "vague one-word descriptors of the protagonist" type titles.
You mean "Roar", "Wish" and "Villain".

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So yeah might as well think that Walt Disney is cryogenically frozen and the adjective title is to throw off Google.

The solution is to search "Disney cryogenically frozen" or "Walt Disney frozen in ice". Like I said, search engines are generally stupid on their own. ;)
We are talking about conspiracy dudes here. Bold of you to assume they'll figure that out...
You mean "Roar", "Wish" and "Villain".
Lost myself with "Roar" :ROFL: lmao

Current rant: Before the little one, I never thought about how many stores have stairs, heavy doors and narrow aisles, the latter preferably with all the Chinese porcelain stuffed on light cardboard stands on the edges of the aisle...
Yesterday I went to buy new guitar strings only to remember at the door that 1. there are steps on the door 2. the baby carriage simply won't fit in without knocking down at least two $1000 Les Paul Gibson guitars.

On the other hand... I wonder how hilarious it would be to handle this the same way teenagers handle their booze problems. "Hey, miss! Yeah, you there! Wanna make a few bucks? Get me two bronze-coated, size 10 Addario sixpacks while you're in there... keep the change"

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Search engines for games:
Devil May Cry 》Demon Is Crying
Resident Evil 》Inhabiting Evil
Silent Hill 》Quiet Heap
DmC-Devil Devil May Cry 》DiC-Demon Is Crying

I just want show by changing games synonym words how search engines are bad, they can't find the game completely :ROFL:.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Search engines for games:
Devil May Cry 》Demon Is Crying
Resident Evil 》Inhabiting Evil
Silent Hill 》Quiet Heap
DmC-Devil Devil May Cry 》DiC-Demon Is Crying

I just want show by changing games synonym words how search engines are bad, they can't find the game completely :ROFL:.
Because well, that's not the title of that game, that's a phrase. In that regard the search engine works perfectly. ;)

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Because well, that's not the title of that game, that's a phrase. In that regard the search engine works perfectly. ;)
I just want joking around by changing games synonym words :ROFL: but by adding (game) word you can almost find your result except for Silent Hill.
This why you should explain some confusing words or change your search result to something smoother and if you're not pro with internet this will take longer by not doing research.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
warner-brothers-new-poster-the-matrix-resurrections-10.jpg

Morpheus is black Joker now? What's with the borderline pink jacket? But anyway, pink or not, I'd say that reviving old franchises rarely goes well but I mean, it's not like any Matrix movie after the first one was any good in the first place.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Despite that it was slightly different from the usual and that it sort of signals me that I'm processing the situation properly, it was still a nightmare. And I didn't like it. :cautious:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So the church officials seem to have dug up my grandmother's urn from 1,5 years ago to bury my mother in the family grave.

We spesifically asked them to take care they will use the vacant coffin spot located NEXT to our grandma, not BELOW our grandma. We have a written agreement over that.

Don't get me wrong. I personally don't care about whose earthly remains are in where, and even though I am a Christian, I am fairly certain dead people don't care about it either (maybe I should say _because_ of being a Christian: see Ecclesiastes 9:5). And according to my understanding of the Scriptures, God will find them anyway. The problem is that my uncle is absolutely devastated. He sent me a photo of the grave and I can't imagine how it felt for him, to see that they dug his mother up with no respect to what we agreed to.

Doesn't feel too good.

Also, fourth day in a row.

Goldsickle

We have a written agreement over that.
Hopefully you can get some sort of compensation for it.
No matter what excuses they have, once there's some sort of agreement or contract, it should be carried out.

I just hope they don't pull bulls*** out of their ass to somehow invalidate the agreement.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Hopefully you can get some sort of compensation for it.
No matter what excuses they have, once there's some sort of agreement or contract, it should be carried out.

I just hope they don't pull bulls*** out of their ass to somehow invalidate the agreement.
They can't get out of it, it's all clear that they screwed it up. It could perhaps be an actual crime (maybe even desecration of the grave, according to our Criminal Codex) but I guess we cannot prove a mens rea in it. Nevertheless it's a darn serious "accident" and they won't get out of it.
But there's no compensation that could ease my uncle, as grandma is already nowhere to be found. Guess he feels like he couldn't secure grandma's only last wish, which was to be buried to the family grave and rest beside her aunt until the Final Day.

Personally I would just shrug it off and say "Well, accidents happen" but it's the uncle who I feel sorry for.

// I looked closely to the photo of the grave and there is a wooden sign for the gravedigger and it says my mother's name and the grave number 12. And they've stuck the sign on the grave number 11.
Like... How does this kind of accident happen? Can't you read there?

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
But anyway, pink or not, I'd say that reviving old franchises rarely goes well but I mean, it's not like any Matrix movie after the first one was any good in the first place.
The Animatrix is good all things considered. Though I do agree with you, I have zero interest in watching Matrix 4.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
As a disgruntled Witcher fan, I get it. Please accept this virtual hug.
Gladly taken.

To get so much wrong in the first episode is disgraceful.

To slap on a 2021 agenda that did not exist in the books, to blatantly ignore source material whilst bleating "I've read all the books and love them so much" is unbelievably hypocritical.

Bezos took one look at the popularity of Game of Thrones, said "do want, can haz?" and then took a massive dump all over one of the greatest fantasy series ever written.

Dude, stick to paying low wages and crippling small businesses. It's what you do best.

Meg

Gladly taken.

To get so much wrong in the first episode is disgraceful.

To slap on a 2021 agenda that did not exist in the books, to blatantly ignore source material whilst bleating "I've read all the books and love them so much" is unbelievably hypocritical.

Bezos took one look at the popularity of Game of Thrones, said "do want, can haz?" and then took a massive dump all over one of the greatest fantasy series ever written.

Dude, stick to paying low wages and crippling small businesses. It's what you do best.
To make it worse, I really like the cast and the set design. They got so much right but just HAD to go and ruin it anyway. The showrunner also had the arrogance say that if RJ was writing the series today, hopefully he would have included garbage politics too. Gees

Top Bottom