• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
Ah, my home country doing weird stuff again. /== Never gets old. *sighs* Realistically, I think it would be useful if you were camping (it'd be harder for a bread to get into a can of bread than a bag, I suppose), but I can just see people getting it for dumb reasons. (Plus, cans make everything taste metallic. I mean...ew. :thumbsdown:)
Yeah, diet water's a really dumb concept. Some of those are as bad for you as a whole candy bar and such. It's brought me to the conclusion that anything that's not just plain water that I'm drinking is probably bad for me. XD
Well here in England we are very shocked at the bagged water and milk idea. I mean once you open it is there even a way to seal it again? Plus a bottle is rigid and won't move around because of the water/milk. It's horrifying.

Viper

Premium
@Demon General We used to have bagged milk in some stores back in the 90s, it was certainly impractical, though if you had to travel a bag that can be tied is better than it's usual cardboard packaging (glass bottles were out of wide use already cause they were expensive). It was quite short-lived too.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
@Demon General We used to have bagged milk in some stores back in the 90s, it was certainly impractical, though if you had to travel a bag that can be tied is better than it's usual cardboard packaging (glass bottles were out of wide use already cause they were expensive). It was quite short-lived too.
But ... bagged milk. our cardboard milk cartons are supreme. XD I mean if i was travelling i would stick with mah cartons. no need to tie it just unscrew the lid.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Well here in England we are very shocked at the bagged water and milk idea. I mean once you open it is there even a way to seal it again? Plus a bottle is rigid and won't move around because of the water/milk. It's horrifying.

Well, it it's the same type of baggies as the milk they used to give us at school, there's no way to close it once it's been opened. It actually was easier to get all the milk out of than the cartons, if I remember correctly. But...yeah, I don't understand the concept on a large scale, either. :S *just thinks bottles would be easier for a large amount of liquid*

Laurence Barnes

Premium
Well, it it's the same type of baggies as the milk they used to give us at school, there's no way to close it once it's been opened. It actually was easier to get all the milk out of than the cartons, if I remember correctly. But...yeah, I don't understand the concept on a large scale, either. :S *just thinks bottles would be easier for a large amount of liquid*
What kind of cartons are you guys using? XD ours cartons are pretty idiot proof. saying that there is this one type of carton that says "cut here" with a line going the wrong way and i'm the kind of guy who follows instructions.

Viper

Premium
But ... bagged milk. our cardboard milk cartons are supreme. XD I mean if i was travelling i would stick with mah cartons. no need to tie it just unscrew the lid.
Actually, back then none of the milk cartons had a lid to be unscrewed, you lifted the long side and ripped the carton open. But like I said, bags were short-lived and today we have cartons (old style and with the lid) and plastic bottles.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
What kind of cartons are you guys using? XD ours cartons are pretty idiot proof. saying that there is this one type of carton that says "cut here" with a line going the wrong way and i'm the kind of guy who follows instructions.

LOL Well, ours were these weird ones that were kinda waxy feeling and stuck together with so much glue that it was near impossible for us to open without ripping the carton in half (which was probably why no one got juice, come to think of it). Then again, this was in the late 90s/early 2000s when I was in elementary school that they were forcing those cartons on us at lunch, so...I'm hoping they're different now. ^^; *just buys milk jugs or cartons with the little screw-top lids*
XD Oh, gods, I'm sure that makes for an...interesting drinking experience. LOL

Viper

Premium
Rest in peace freedom of speech, modern generations seem to be of opinion self-censorship for the sake of not offending someone out there is more important than satirical critique that inspires thinking.

Though, it also seems this works only if it's the other side that needs to be silenced.

KRSkull

First bagged milk then bagged water now canned bread!
inconceivable.jpg

I used to have a lot of fun with bagged milk. I'd throw it in the freezer and once it froze i take it out and rip a small hole in the corner and enjoy it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't care what moviebob says... I will watch Taken 3. :bored:
Do you honestly care about what that pretentious and rashly judgmental geek has to say about most things? I've seen him have fairly decent points about things before, but he's so caught up inside his own a$$ nowadays.

Taken was something that was supposed to be just a one and done kind of thing. A fairly straightforward action movie that still holds up to this day as a pretty cool action flick. Anything after is indeed unneeded and easy to ignore.

Just what in the flying flock was he talking about in the first couple minutes of that review? I was like, he just spent two minutes trying to claim the intended audience for Taken are a bunch of men, specifically these"dad knows best" type of men that are behind on child support checks or have to make alimony payments. Like Liam Neeson represents a power fantasy that in the back of your mind you should be ashamed of if you enjoyed.

Like, wait, what? What just happened here? I think Bob may have some daddy issues of his own or something.

I'm just spitballing here, but I think a majority of the people who enjoyed Taken were also simply people who wanted to see an adrenaline fueled action flick to go with their popcorn and nothing more. He likes to put people in these little boxes and it's gotten beyond obnoxious.

This is the guy who HATES Kevin Smith because he apparently didn't live up to some weird destiny he expected from him. Oh, and his immense hatred for the Amazing Spider-Man flicks for the dumbest and most nonsensical reasons he shoves in everyone's face every chance he gets. Yea, I get it Bob, you love everything Sam Raimi makes. You also hate everything J.J. Abrams makes. It's like a universal rule with these things now.

Also,have you ever seen his book? He can at least get a damn editor.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
No, I haven't seen his book... apparently though, it seems he's got Kojima syndrome.

And yes, I hate it when he gets self-rightous as well... like when he starts ripping on libertarians, for instance.

Ok, I'll stop.

Just for the sake of clarity (to anyone that doesn't know) I'm an Anarcho-capitalist... a more extreme version of libertarianism, more or less.

Viper

Premium
Jesus, this week... first we get a new president that I highly disapprove of, then gyno appointment in afternoon, dentist appointment on Wednesday...:shifty:

The only plus side are positive reactions to my art and possibility of getting ps3 on loan... that comes with mom's passive-aggressive attitude, cause the woman hates games.

Top Bottom