• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Keaton

Premium
Just weighing in here, on the suicide chatter.

Personally for me, it's a perspective thing, some people believe it to be the answer and others don't.
However, from my angle (up on my big chair of mixed feelings) it's only the answer to a problem who feel's it's the ONLY answer. Whereas from the outside looking in there are options and support for people who feel this way, which is what Dante's Stalker said, and I think I'm keen to remind people that there are people and forces out there that are designed for such traumas, and as such should always be recommended before the alternative.

I would also like to add that this is a very touchy subject, and would like to remind everyone that some people have been on both sides of that table and some sensitivity and ... how do I put it... care, should be used with posts surrounding this please.

I'm all for discussion, but we are touching on some very rough ground here guys n gals.
Please behave accordingly, I know I don't have to ask ;).

But I am.

Exejpgwmv

Now, on to your experience:
You can say that I was hallucinating (they happened while I was awake) but those were just too damn real to ignore.
If it happened right after you woke up, then you were probably suffering from narcolepsy.

And if you were wide awake, then it is highly likely you were just hallucinating rather than experiencing anything supernatural.
And no, that doesn't mean you're crazy, the human brain, and sensory organs, is/are not a well oiled machine/s. They will occasionally mess up:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
This isn't a exactly a rant, but I wasn't sure where to put it.

Anyway, apparently, somewhere in America, they are offering ice cream in exchange for 'violent videogames'. :facepalm: Videogames are not the root cause of violence. Just because someone happened to be a gamer and then killed or hurt someone doesn't mean that the game made them do it.

I can bet there will be people bying 'violent' games from the bargain bin and using it for free ice cream. I know I would.:tongue:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Anyway, apparently, somewhere in America, they are offering ice cream in exchange for 'violent videogames'. :facepalm: Videogames are not the root cause of violence.
Neither are weapons -- it's the people who commit violent acts who are to blame, not what's in their hands.

To be honest, you can't protect yourself without some sort of means of defense, and there's no guarantee that you won't get killed, even if you comply with a criminal's demands.

And criminals will still find a way to arm themselves. They don't obey the law, that's why they're called criminals. The only people who will follow the law are the law-abiding citizens themselves who get hurt every day because they have no means of protection.

Not to mention that this isn't even bringing up the topic of government tyranny through a violent police force. Defense is the only path to liberty, and people think that we can somehow "change" if we start banning certain products.

http://godfatherpolitics.com/10541/williams-sonoma-bans-pressure-cookers/

Let's ban the rocks and sticks we find on the ground while we're at it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you force law-abiding citizens into submission (through idiotic bans) then they'll end up breaking the law anyway because sooner or later, they're going to realize how undeniably stupid the laws they have to follow are, and that those banned products really aren't doing them any harm in the end.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankmi...armed-new-yorkers-are-about-to-break-the-law/

We're going to play our violent games, and we'll find the means to protect ourselves, regardless of what the "other side" says.

I just wish that both sides of these honest-paying customers could join forces and stop pointing fingers at each other.

None of them (none of the people on either side, I mean) can stop us all. There's no way they ever could.
Please behave accordingly, I know I don't have to ask ;).

But I am.
No problem. All I'm saying is: If it's their body, it's their choice. They'll find a way to do it anyway if they're determined enough.

Last edited:

Exejpgwmv

Neither are weapons -- it's the people who commit violent acts who are to blame, not what's in their hands.

To be honest, you can't protect yourself without some sort of means of defense, and there's no guarantee that you won't get killed, even if you comply with a criminal's demands.

And criminals will still find a way to arm themselves. They don't obey the law, that's why they're called criminals. The only people who will follow the law are the law-abiding citizens themselves who get hurt every day because they have no means of protection.

This is leaving out government tyranny through a violent police force. Defense is the only path to liberty, and people think that we can somehow "change" if we start banning certain products.

http://godfatherpolitics.com/10541/williams-sonoma-bans-pressure-cookers/

Let's ban the rocks and sticks we find on the ground while we're at it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you force law-abiding citizens into submission (through idiotic bans) then they'll end up breaking the law anyway because sooner or later, they're going to realize how undeniably stupid the rules they have to follow are, and that those banned products really aren't doing them any harm in the end.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankmi...armed-new-yorkers-are-about-to-break-the-law/

We're going to play our violent games, and we'll find the means to protect ourselves. I just wish that both of these honest-paying customers could join forces and stop pointing fingers at each other.

None of them (none of the people on either side) can stop us all. There's no way they ever could.
The reason we restrict what weapons people can have is to make it all that much harder for a criminal to get one.
And because some just have no use for a regular citizen.

A.. rocket launcher or AK47, for example: A civilian has no real use for one, and probably doesn't have the proper training to handle one, makes reaction killing much easier(killing someone in the heat of the moment), and makes accidents all the more lethal.

And believe it or not, but making something illegal actual makes it harder to get. Because when things become illegal:
1)Police look out for people possession of such things
2)The majority of people won't have it, so can't steal it from anyone
3)The price for it on the black market rises considerably.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The reason we restrict what weapons people can have is to make it all that much harder for a criminal to get one.
And because some just have no use for a regular citizen.
So, I guess the cops killing us is just something we'll have to wish away instead (even though they're almost never held accountable by internal affairs nowadays?). Ok.

Also... they're... criminals. You can put all the restrictions you want, they'll still find a way to get it.

You know where guns are also banned? Mexico. However, they people have stood up to the corrupt government over there because they realized that, yes, they, the regular citizens have a use for them.

3) If you ban it, you're not making it harder to get. If the price is too high, they'll find a way to steal one.

4) Speaking of illegal arms, the reason they banned it and that the price is so high is so that they can make more money off of it.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/06/22/368155/rand-paul-us-arming-isis-terrorists/

Really, you must know that there are ways around the police. And yes, while the majority don't have one now, what do you think will happen if we continue on this downward spiral of unemployment?

http://freepatriot.org/2013/12/27/w...mallviolent-game-knockout-played-upper-level/

More violence and less means of defense.

Oh, I know, let's ban fists. No fists allowed. Give up the bones that make up your knuckles. You don't need them anyway.

If those people showed up where you live, and started hurting and looting you or your property... what will you do?

Run?

Hide?

Try to Batman your way out of it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And before you say, "Oh, that'll never happen." Just remember, it could happen anywhere, at any time.

You could be minding your own business and some random person could run up to you and hit you for fun. And get away with it because neither you or whatever security/cop that's around wouldn't be able to catch up with them before they escaped.

Only a few people out of hundreds were convicted in random acts of violence. Believe me, you're not protected.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's evolution. Survival of the fittest. You can either fight or lay down and die.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what? I hope violent games, movies, books, what-have-you get taken away. I really do. Because you have no means to get them back. Not through the "rule of law", or the "supreme court".

Why? Because the people who are taking your games are never going to be held accountable. Ever.

You have no means to take back your property. None.

Exejpgwmv

Ok Zer0, it seems you've read a different comment from the one I posted because I did not say:
1)We should just deal with the police unjustly killing people.
2)People shouldn't have any means to defend themselves.
3)People shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

I simply said that certain weapons should not be available to the average citizen.

"If you ban it, you're not making it harder to get. If the price is too high, they'll find a way to steal one."
From who?
The majority of citizens won't have them in their possession.

"Speaking of illegal arms, the reason they banned it and that the price is so high is so that they can make more money off of it."
Who is they?
And why do they think severely limiting the amount of people who can purchase something, is a good business strategy?

"Really, you must know that there are ways around the police"
Irrelevant, there are ways to get around ANYTHING. I simply listed as a risk to criminals.
If the police are looking for people in possession of an illegal good, it is indeed harder to hide and obtain said object.

"Just remember, it could happen anywhere, at any time"
It COULD, but it is very unlikely to happen.
A meteorite COULD hit your bedroom while you're sleeping in it. Have you taken precautions to protect yourself from this potential threat?

"You could be minding your own business and some random person could run up to you and hit you for fun. And get away with it because neither you or whatever security/cop that's around wouldn't be able to catch up with them before they escaped."
1)That's assuming the person who hit me can run and fight better than I or the police/security guards can.
2)Police and security guards have these things called guns and tasers.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
2)Police and security guards have these things called guns and tasers.
But you don't.

And that is why you will always depend on them. Always. In the end, you have no means to protect yourself, and no means to hold criminals (whether in government or on the street) accountable for their actions.

Viper

Premium
@Zer0 You want them to reinstall Wild West or something? What's next, public lynching?o_O
Living in a country where owning a gun is strictly limited, I assure you most people don't even notice it, and there are other means of defense than shooting. Besides, in a heat of the moment an average panicky gun owner will more likely shoot himself or his family, or bad things will happen cause a gun will not be taken serious... and then the whole world will be reading titles like "kid shoots his little brother by accident", "father kills his 2-year old child cause gun went off while he cleaned it", "grandma kills grandson cause she thought it's a burglar", etc. Btw, Grandma didn't even bother opening the door of her bedroom or asking who it is, the crazy bird just shot. Owning a gun comes with paranoia. My mom had a handgun in the 80s, despite the war she was glad to get rid of it.
If you think that you absolutely can't live without a gun, at least advocate for a kind of a system we have: gun can only be issued after filing a request to the police, and after passing a health exam including a psychiatric evaluation. No need to arm idiots and potential mass murderers that easy.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
For the life of me I can't fathom wtf is wrong with you for condoning suicide.
Judging suicide is bad enough, but to say 'it's your choice, go for it'. WHAT?!
You....I'm so.... how is that HELPING?
People who contemplate suicide need HELP. They're in a bad place and they can't get out of it ALONE.
NO, suicide is not the answer but for many it feels like it's their only WAY out of the hell they are in.
It's not a choice, and it's not a fffin destiny, it's an outcry.
Nobody in their right mind wants to die.
Reread that sentence until understanding sinks in.
You must be one of those idiots on the net who like to tell people to shoot themselves. You've obviously got the mind of one of them,
God forbid someone struggling reads your posts and goes through with it because of your ignorant opinion.
I mean really. People like you **** me off to the high heavens.
Now go edit or remove your posts because NOBODY on this forum encourages suicide. EVER.
I couldn't condone it because I've been in those dark places where you think ending it all is the answer. It's not fun and it's really not a solution. You're looking for any reason to stay it seems, no matter how small that reason is. And usually you don't go around telling anyone. That's the scary part because if you're completely serious about it, you put yourself in isolation. It's why when people commit suicide it can come as a surprise because the day before they seemed fine.

I was lucky to have found something to pull me out of that place because I wouldn't be here talking to you guys today.

There are people out there willing to help. And I can only hope other people figure that out too before they think it's too late.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Just want to add to the Suicide thingy.

In the media these days, they tell people to go and see their GP or contact someone who deals with mental health problems... Well, I've done that, and do you know what I've got? Nothing apart from nine years on a tablet that no longer works and that my GP won't change. No one else is interested, why? Because I've got my mum.
When my mum dies, that's when they'll be 'interested'. So there is no professional support for me, or her...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yeah, the mental health care is bad in a lot of places. Practically non-existent.

I was speaking to my friend in Sweden yesterday who goes to CBT and I also have a friend in Norway with Asperger's, and both of them get a lot of government help and long term therapy. First friend even said the government will pay for her to take horse riding lessons because they will contribute to her long-term well being and get her to go outside and mix with people more. Plus her therapist visits her at home if she doesn't show for her appts.

During the convo I laughed and told her that was pretty much an alien concept here. Take your pills and get back to work is how we roll. If you're suicidal and in the UK at any point, expect to wait 6 weeks to see any kind of NHS therapist, by which time if you were desperate you'd be dead already.

Pretty dismal. But when I think of the U.S. I still feel glad not to be there when it comes to health.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Just found some videos on youtube telling people to starve themselves to be thin. They should be taken down.

There are also ones of women eating cake and all sorts saying it's not hard to be thin and eat anything, while also implying that others who also eat anything but gain weight are lazy.

I'm willing to bet those women in the videos are like me; the type who can eat but not gain any weight. If that's the case, then they're false advertising to people who do not have a fast metabolism and will never be able to do that.

When will society stop this obsession of starving and dangerous dieting to be something they are not?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Did anybody hear about the failed Isis plot in australia? Police caught hints and slipups from the group arranging the attack. They were going to kidnap a random innocent off the street and make a viral video where they decapitate this poor person.
To garner attention.
What a bunch of ****tards.
I want to be prepared if this happens here.
I need to get a personal alarm. I need to get a river knife. So if something like what almost happened in aus, and what did happen in the streets of London, starts to occur here, i have the means to protect myself and whoever else needs protecting.
And im not talking about killing them in turn. Use your imagination.

Exejpgwmv

Did anybody hear about the failed Isis plot in australia? Police caught hints and slipups from the group arranging the attack. They were going to kidnap a random innocent off the street and make a viral video where they decapitate this poor person.
To garner attention.
What a bunch of ****tards.
I want to be prepared if this happens here.
I need to get a personal alarm. I need to get a river knife. So if something like what almost happened in aus, and what did happen in the streets of London, starts to occur here, i have the means to protect myself and whoever else needs protecting.
And im not talking about killing them in turn. Use your imagination.
Congratulations Isis:happy:
You now have probably got another first world nation that hates your guts and wants you wiped off the face of the earth :p

What is that like,... three now?
Uh-Oh. I don't see Isis lasting very long.:nailbiting:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Congratulations Isis:happy:
You now have probably got another first world nation that hates your guts and wants you wiped off the face of the earth :p

What is that like,... three now?
Uh-Oh. I don't see Isis lasting very long.:nailbiting:
As true as that is, i dont think it would be wise for any coutry to provoke them.
They seem the stubborn kind who would try something more extreme (and equally stupid) just to prove themselves.
Ignore them, dont give them much airtimeor attention, eventually they'll give it a rest. They are more a nuisance than a real threat, i think.

Exejpgwmv

As true as that is, i dont think it would be wise for any coutry to provoke them.
They seem the stubborn kind who would try something more extreme (and equally stupid) just to prove themselves.
Ignore them, dont give them much airtimeor attention, eventually they'll give it a rest. They are more a nuisance than a real threat, i think.
True, but we should still keep an eye on them, in case they try to do something stupid, like they did in Australia.:cautious:

Because, unlike internet trolls, their method of trying to get attention costs peoples lives.

Top Bottom