• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoshi

@Dreadnaught: "Vergil is not a son of sparda" is a speculation as any there is in this thread. I stated vergil stabbing arkham was cold which was discussed. I dont have issues with my theories having contradictions but apparently it is u who is getting on my nerves. I suggest u communicate with a mod before u flame threads about me.

@Clairavance: U think dante quotin "You too are a" was to refer nero as sparda. Dont u think u were incorrect urself? My intention is not to get on any one personal. Speculation on sparda is wat led me to vergil's relation to sparda. There is not much info on sparda but to speculate. U r on human side of sparda, I am discussing the demonic side of sparda.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;200005 said:
Okay. I know the whole "vergil isn't a son of sparda" thing is done, but still, has anyone else noticed that aoshi LOVES to pick at peoples nerves? I dunno why, but his theories are crazy and often make no sense. Others may disagree, but that seems like trolling in my book.

Been noticing the same thing, really.

On topic though...

To respond at your question, Clair...

Anyway, does anybody else have any theories on what Sparda was like? Doesn't anyone think he might have had issues, being demon inside and human outside? It's not like Dante and Vergil are in the same league as him, because they're half demon half human by blood. Sparda was full blooded demon with a human appearance, correct?

His human appearance is just a disguise, exactly like Trish.

Sparda is 100% demon with a human shell.

aoshi

To add to my theories, Vergil's source of devil trigger is unknown. Vergil's tribute his homage from demon world in mission 20(DMC3) shows respect and passion to demon world than dante. Dante is all about hunting demons.Vergil's source from demon world is more likely than from human origins.

Also in mission 7, Vergil's quote "Spell sparda cast can be broken". Why does he not refer to sparda as a father?Point is these theories are proving reasonable gaps in vergil's plot. Except for the twins part.Then again, capcom can have their version of it.

Regarding sparda, I cant speculate much on demonic side except for more in his genre in demon world but not exactly against demon world.

Sparda™

aoshi;200073 said:
To add to my theories, Vergil's source of devil trigger is unknown. Vergil's tribute his homage from demon world in mission 20(DMC3) shows respect and passion to demon world than dante. Dante is all about hunting demons.Vergil's source from demon world is more likely than from human origins.

Also in mission 7, Vergil's quote "Spell sparda cast can be broken". Why does he not refer to sparda as a father?Point is these theories are proving reasonable gaps in vergil's plot. Except for the twins part.Then again, capcom can have their version of it.

It has no basis.

Platinum-haired, icy blue eyes, pale skin - traits of Sparda which the twins have.

They're both opposites of each other, and each of them is a half of their father's personality.

This is a closed chapter.

We're discussing about Sparda here.

Zato-OW

King
aoshi;200073 said:

Regarding sparda, I cant speculate much on demonic side except for more in his genre in demon world but not exactly against demon world.

Vergil also says to Dante in DMC3"The power of our father Sparda" Besides they were very young when he left. The barely could remember him.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hey, Vergil does say father when he is talking to Dante. I call my mom by her first name sometimes (it winds her up!).
Capcom have said they're twins, I really don't know what you have heard to make you think different. Some kids take after their mom, others take after their dad's. It nature. We don't know how cold Sparda was before he met Eva. He was cunning... he had to be to start an uprising against Mundus. Some ppl do change when they fall in love. no one knows what happened to Sparda, no one knows how Verge got his DT.

One rumor is that Vergil was fighting off (or trying) the demons that attacked when Eva was killed.
The boys always call Eva mother... Perhaps because Sparda wasn't around they boys don't feel like they should call him father. Perhaps they would have kept calling Sparda father, if he hadn't disappeared.

Dante and Vergil are Twins... there is nothing more to say on the matter.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;200079 said:
Vergil also says to Dante in DMC3"The power of our father Sparda"

Nice move recalling that line. ;)

Also...

This was our father's home. - Vergil saying to Dante before falling into the abyss to the Room of the Fallen in the end of DMC3, while still in Hell.

aoshi

I believe u are missing the point of a "foster" child. He does refer to him as father but occasionally as "sparda" as well.

But stating him as twins in the game can rule in favour of vergil being sparda 's own son(as a twin to dante). Meh, There is hardly any similarities in characters(Dante and vergil) besides appearence in a game that morphs its characters so very often.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Twins don't have to have identical personalities too.
I really cannot see where this conversation is going. Perhaps Dante and Vergil should go on... Ricki Lake and have a DNA test!! (I would say Jeremy Kyle, he is a uk tv talkshow host, but i think more ppl would know of Ricki)

Durante

Dead
I believe this has been mentioned many times aioshi. Please read all the threads and every post in devil may cry forum and you will come back to your senses. The twins are like Sparda split into two. One is dark and cold who stays honorable but still seeks dark powers just like Sparda when he served Mundus. And Dante a person with rebellious annoying character and a person who cares for the weak,just like Sparda when he rebelled against Mundus.

Oh and bdw did anyone notice that Dante is also collective like his brother Vergil? :lol: when you think about it Vergil would read books for information and i always held Dante as a person who only need's details nothing more,it seem's he does like to read up books too :D it would seem that they have similarities anyways :D not to mention that taunting of theirs XD

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Man,aoshi,go play DMC 1 and 3 and read the DMC3 manga.Sooooo many answers.Oh and Vergil's DT is his desire for revenge after being stabbed by demons and grabbing the Yamato to release his inner demon.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
aoshi;200073 said:
To add to my theories, Vergil's source of devil trigger is unknown.
You might want to read the manga.

@VB: I vote for Jeremy Kyle! That guy is so straight to the point it's annoying and funny.

I'd still love it if anyone could direct me to where it was stated that Sparda was around when the twins were young. I'm playing with the theory that he didn't even KNOW about the boys being conceived at all, that he left Eva before she could tell him, which would cut out all speculations as to why he would abandon his family. But like I said, I wanna see it where it says in black and white that he did stick around for a while, because different fans have different versions eg. some say he was there when they were toddlers, others say he was there until the event of Eva's death. :wacko:

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I didn't think you would know who Jeremy Kyle was... he is irrtating... gotta respect him for being honest though... I know its not proof as such, but i'll hunt down a certain pic of sparda for you... (tis only concept art though)
I suppose it would be possible for Sparda to have left without know Eva was pregnant.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hmm... Well, if that picture is anything to go by, then Vergy and Dante were born in what seems to be the renaissance era!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Maybe the original setting was different...maybe demon knights or something in the 15th century...which wouldn't be well...DMC.

Still nice picture.Gotta love Sparda's mood.And Tsuchibayashi's drawings.

Sparda™

^ That's part of the concept art book of the first Devil May Cry. It's a concept, so don't confuse the matters more.

clairavance;200099 said:
I'd still love it if anyone could direct me to where it was stated that Sparda was around when the twins were young. I'm playing with the theory that he didn't even KNOW about the boys being conceived at all, that he left Eva before she could tell him, which would cut out all speculations as to why he would abandon his family. But like I said, I wanna see it where it says in black and white that he did stick around for a while, because different fans have different versions eg. some say he was there when they were toddlers, others say he was there until the event of Eva's death. :wacko:

I don't see why you should be confused.

It is stated in games and other media referring to Sparda disappearing before the twins' birthday (supposedly their 8th-9th). He had left to Eva the amulet and his swords - Rebellion and Yamato as a memento to his children.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;200130 said:
It is stated in games and other media referring to Sparda disappearing before the twins' birthday (supposedly their 8th-9th). He had left to Eva the amulet and his swords - Rebellion and Yamato as a memento to his children.

Where is it stated in the games? Which game? Which scene? Give me more than that Sparda, I need someone to point me in the right direction. I wouldn't trust 'other media' tbh, I think I'm going to restrict myself to only believing the manga and the games, and what is revealed in those, because I know for a fact those are canon.

I've seen the picture floating around before, but thanks for the link VB :). I thought it had something to do with a reject character for RE, though. If that's Sparda, then GOOD ANGELIC MOTHER OF SATAN he is UGLY!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom