• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;199415 said:
That's good and all, but makes no sense in the end. Why leave the burden to his children, why abandon them when they were needed the most - these are questions unfortunately we can't give any answer. Speculations about these would just ridicule Sparda's reasons which Capcom has yet to uncover.

I don't see how it can ridicule Sparda's reasons since we don't know what they are.
Why leave the burden to his children? Maybe that wasn't his intention. Maybe he thought he was doing them a favour by disappearing - the demons were after Sparda, after all. Maybe they didn't know Sparda had fathered children, and by the time that they did find out, Sparda was at the stage where he was nowhere near the scene and had no knowledge of it because he was too busy misleading demons to dead ends and spreading the impression that he was dead.

Sparda™

clairavance;199419 said:
I don't see how it can ridicule Sparda's reasons since we don't know what they are.
Why leave the burden to his children? Maybe that wasn't his intention. Maybe he thought he was doing them a favour by disappearing - the demons were after Sparda, after all. Maybe they didn't know Sparda had fathered children, and by the time that they did find out, Sparda was at the stage where he was nowhere near the scene and had no knowledge of it because he was too busy misleading demons to dead ends and spreading the impression that he was dead.

You're making Sparda look too naive, which clearly he's not.

He knew demons were after him, constant fear, constant threat. Demons have a lot of human spies they use - If you wanna put It this way. Sparda, with his plan of misleading demons and cleaning up his tracks, just gave his family in a silver plate for the demons to feast upon.

Doesn't make sense. There was something bigger in the scene which led to such events.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;199421 said:
You're making Sparda look too naive, which clearly he's not.

He knew demons were after him, constant fear, constant threat. Demons have a lot of human spies they use - If you wanna put It this way. Sparda, with his plan of misleading demons and cleaning up his tracks, just gave his family in a silver plate for the demons to feast upon.

Doesn't make sense. There was something bigger in the scene which led to such events.

Not naive, just... well, where do you think Vergil got his smarts from? Vergil had all his ducks in a row, did the research, had everything perfectly lined out - and he got majorly peeved off because, even though he'd been confident his plan to open the hellgate in the tower was foolproof, it in fact wasn't. His brilliant plan backfired on him. Same could have happened to Sparda - he thought he had it all figured out, but he didn't.

And yeah, I agree demons had spies and that's how they found out about Sparda's bloodline being carried on. BUT, not all demons are sharp, and neither are humans. They didn't know about Dante when they attacked Eva. They thought there was only one son of sparda, which says a lot for their 'spies'. I recon they got a whiff of the news that Sparda had a son, and went rushing in to take them out, without doing their research first. It was a case of 'Dammit, Sparda's got a wife and kid, KILL THEM'.

Zato-OW

King
In the DMC4 story area, Mundus sent demons to destroy Sparda's family. It seems he knew Sparda was gone. Now DMC1, Phantom mistook Dante for Sparda and Griffon claimed Dante was stronger then Sparda. So the plot is pretty weird and confusing...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Zato-OW;199448 said:
In the DMC4 story area, Mundus sent demons to destroy Sparda's family. It seems he knew Sparda was gone. Now DMC1, Phantom mistook Dante for Sparda and Griffon claimed Dante was stronger then Sparda. So the plot is pretty weird and confusing...

Probably Phantom realised that Dante resembles Sparda when he pierced by a knight's lance in it's dying moments. Griffon probably once fought Sparda, and compared his powers and Sparda, and concluded that Dante's powers are stronger. I have to admit, it is very confusing too. It is hard to say, but the History of DMC in DMC4 can be canon summary of DMC series, and it even includes DMC2. And we don't know even much about Sparda, let alone Eva. Let's just hope the next DMC will explain all this stuff.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199448 said:

The plot is fuc*ed up, to be honest.

Info replacing other info, now this, now that... bah!

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Ironically, LoK is NOT as confusing to piece together as DMC, because from Soul reaver on, the same person has been in charge. And LoK involves MASS amounts of time travel, alt timelines, and the general screwing around with history written in stone.

aoshi

Creators have left gaps in the series to be filled with speculations. I believe it is to let the gamer have a vision on the characters and customise them to each's vision than a character with static traits. I can hardly visualize sparda as only an illusion is shown in the series. As a gameplay character, he is more dante than vergil which gives me the illusion, wat if vergil was not sparda's son? None of sparda's traits are in him besides being demonic. What if vergil was a foster child to sparda? I am not sure of manga but capcom does change plots quite drastically. That would surely be a twist in the series.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
But that would be pushed aside because he is Dante's twin.
Capcom would NEVER EVER be able to get away with that!
Vergil is like his dad, Vergil 'inherited' Sparda's cold nature. Whereas Dante got Sparda's rebellious nature.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The way I see it, Sparda was cold and calculating, like Vergil, when he was a devil. Then, when he met Eva, he had a change of heart, and Dante inherited his rebelliousness. Dante represents Sparda's humanity, while Vergil represents his INhumanity.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;199823 said:
The way I see it, Sparda was cold and calculating, like Vergil, when he was a devil. Then, when he met Eva, he had a change of heart, and Dante inherited his rebelliousness. Dante represents Sparda's humanity, while Vergil represents his INhumanity.

His change at heart began 2000 years ago, not when he met Eva.

aoshi

In early stages of DMC3, Dante and vergil seemed alike since they looked alike but later they seem different individuals besides looks.

Sparda is brave but i don't think he is cold. Vergil stabbing arkham was cold.I dont think sparda has done that or his character describes him to be of such.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
D&V are polar opposites. Whereas Vergil wants power, Dante Doesn't. Vergil is cold, Dante isn't. No one knows what Sparda was really like. Everything is just speculation. But i am confident that D&V are definitely related.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
aoshi;199816 said:
Creators have left gaps in the series to be filled with speculations. I believe it is to let the gamer have a vision on the characters and customise them to each's vision than a character with static traits. I can hardly visualize sparda as only an illusion is shown in the series. As a gameplay character, he is more dante than vergil which gives me the illusion, wat if vergil was not sparda's son? None of sparda's traits are in him besides being demonic. What if vergil was a foster child to sparda? I am not sure of manga but capcom does change plots quite drastically. That would surely be a twist in the series.

I agree with most of what you said, but Vergil being a foster son just won't happen. Like VB said, they are twins, and in the DMC3 Dante specifically states that Sparda's blood and soul are within them both.

I also always thought that Vergil and Dante are Sparda, split in two - his dark side and his good side.

Vergil stabbing arkham was cold

Vergil stabbing Arkham was wicked! :D He asked for it, anyway...lol.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thanks for agreeing with me, C. I'm pretty sure my theory is a good platform to stand on, but as they say, overconfidence leads to defeat...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;199846 said:
I laughed so hard when Vergil stabbed Arkham

:lol: :lol: Me too! It was such a backstabbing thing to do (pun intended) Vergil is the coolest :D

Your welcome DT ;) Overconfidence isn't a platform for defeat - arrogance and ignorance are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom