• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Dead
Im actually starting to think that Vergil was searching for Sparda all along. He was fascinated of him and wanted to be like him,so that he could also be strong enough to protect something. Which he failed at due to his hunger for power rather than bonds

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
For anyone saying "Sparda could still be alive!", DMC1 outright says he's dead. So the reason he didn't save his family is canonically, until otherwise retconned...that someone had already killed him.

Sparda™

Dante Redgrave;200410 said:
For anyone saying "Sparda could still be alive!", DMC1 outright says he's dead. So the reason he didn't save his family is canonically, until otherwise retconned...that someone had already killed him.

The DMC3 manga says he has disappeared, so people think he has died.

Since DMC1 is narrated by someone, possibly a human, he thinks Sparda is dead.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;200414 said:
The DMC3 manga says he has disappeared, so people think he has died.

Since DMC1 is narrated by someone, possibly a human, he thinks Sparda is dead.

Is the narrator one of the characters in the game, like Lady in the beginning of DMC3? Or is it just a narrator to inform the player of what's what?

DMC3 manga gets overruled by the game, imo. Because the game is IT, everything else should be taken in context with the game. If the game claims Sparda very truly dead, then 'disappeared' in the manga is just another way of referring to his death, since the author of the manga would assume you've played the games and will understand what is meant by it. If it contradicts the game, it can't be canon. Even if Capcom says it is, it obviously can't be, and would be yet another blunder on their part.

Sparda™

clairavance;200428 said:
Is the narrator one of the characters in the game, like Lady in the beginning of DMC3? Or is it just a narrator to inform the player of what's what?

A random narrator.

clairavance;200428 said:
DMC3 manga gets overruled by the game, imo. Because the game is IT, everything else should be taken in context with the game. If the game claims Sparda very truly dead, then 'disappeared' in the manga is just another way of referring to his death, since the author of the manga would assume you've played the games and will understand what is meant by it. If it contradicts the game, it can't be canon. Even if Capcom says it is, it obviously can't be, and would be yet another blunder on their part.

The DMC3 Manga is canon. It has the backstory of where DMC3: Dante's Awakening is based and has the base for Dante's and Vergil's storyline and character development.

You can't throw that away, just because It says 'Sparda disappeared.'

If they would have confirmed Sparda's death, they could have used 'departed', just like It was used in DMC4 to refer to Vergil's status.

Disappeared ≠ Dead

Zato-OW

King
The narrator is pretty much telling you about Sparda and what he has done. It's not likes hes saying random bs. DMC3 manga says he disappeared and DMC1 says hes dead. In DMC3 Dante believes him to be dead though. As he refers to him while looking to the sky while talking to Vergil about the amulets.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;200434 said:
DMC3 manga says he disappeared and DMC1 says hes dead. In DMC3 Dante believes him to be dead though. As he refers to him while looking to the sky while talking to Vergil about the amulets.

Of course Dante thinks he's dead. Everyone thinks Sparda is dead.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;200429 said:
A random narrator.

The DMC3 Manga is canon. It has the backstory of where DMC3: Dante's Awakening is based and has the base for Dante's and Vergil's storyline and character development.

You can't throw that away, just because It says 'Sparda disappeared.'

If they would have confirmed Sparda's death, they could have used 'departed', just like It was used in DMC4 to refer to Vergil's status.

Disappeared ≠ Dead

I said IF it contradicts the game. I didn't say it does, I think people are just misinterpreting the meaning of 'disappeared'. Wasn't the manga originally in Japanese? It's possible they could have used a better word to translate it into English, but settled for 'disappeared' instead.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
When someone disappears... it doesn't automatically means they're dead though (don't make me get the dictionary out)

It is possible to disappear and after a time be 'assumed dead'...
If Sparda's dead, how come there is no 'memorial'. All bar these places of worship... why is there no 'grand tomb' or shrine for the demon savior?

Zato-OW

King
Vergil'sB*tch;200451 said:
When someone disappears... it doesn't automatically means they're dead though (don't make me get the dictionary out)

It is possible to disappear and after a time be 'assumed dead'...
If Sparda's dead, how come there is no 'memorial'. All bar these places of worship... why is there no 'grand tomb' or shrine for the demon savior?

Did you play DMC4?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
of course i did...
HENCE...
'All bar these places of worship...' I don't remember seeing any tomb. Tomb is what i meant not a daft statue with wings

Zato-OW

King
Vergil'sB*tch;200458 said:
of course i did...
HENCE...
'All bar these places of worship...' I don't remember seeing any tomb. Tomb is what i meant not a daft statue with wings

You also said why are there no memorials when there are ALOT of them. Of course there is no real tomb for him, hes like Jesus. Except this story isn't real in anyway so really we should be asking Capcom why there isn't a tomb for him. I don't remember seeing a tomb of Eva either or Vergil.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think he's dead. Until some REAL and not SPECULATED info comes along, he's dead. Just because there's an uncredited narrator telling the legend of Sparda DOES NOT mean it's innacurate. When Capcom put that in the game, they meant for it to be canon. It's not THAT hard to comprehend...

Sparda™

Zato-OW;200463 said:
You also said why are there no memorials when there are ALOT of them. Of course there is no real tomb for him, hes like Jesus. Except this story isn't real in anyway so really we should be asking Capcom why there isn't a tomb for him. I don't remember seeing a tomb of Eva either or Vergil.

There's a tomb of Eva in the DMC3 Manga.

If Sparda's Jesus, then he'll return.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
As i recall, Eva is buried... i think there is a pic of her headstone in the dmc3 manga... (i was a bit afraid to say about Jesus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom