• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zato-OW

King
You can tell from the cut scenes with Vergil and Arkham that Vergil was very annoyed with him. He always had that look on his face and so when he back stabbed Arkham I wasn't surprised. You could honestly see it coming.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
In fact, I'm pretty sure i clapped and cheered. I found Arkham very annoying, I'm surprised Vergil left it until Mission 11. But then again, Vergil had his uses for Arkham...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wasn't surprised... The bastard was practically BEGGING to get killed, he was annoying me. Basically, imagine if I were Vergil. I woulda killed him the moment I met him. I've no time for unwiped buttholes like him.

Sparda™

Vergil needed Arkham, Arkham needed Vergil. It was reciprocal.

Thing is, Arkham was playing the puppeteer and Vergil was the one having the strings pulled like a marionette.

aoshi

Dante and vergil are referred as twins since they look alike and is wat has been narrated to humans and inferred by demon world. There is no proof where sparda states dante and vergil as twins. Even dante may be unaware of the fact. Demons are classified and in genre of sparda come dante and vergil. Vergil might have been the last surviving in the genre but not exactly a son to sparda. Hence the looks of sparda,dante and vergil are alike.Remember , these are demons and looks are their characteristics or based on combat style. Jus like species in animals. Vergil might have been inherited in demon world and sparda included him in his family.

The way i see it, Vergil can be a foster child to sparda. A demon in the same genre as sparda. Besides origins of nero-angelo are still unknown? I dont see anything of sparda in vergil. How can he be his son?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
@aoshi
0.jpg

&
0.jpg

Sparda wouldn't state that they are twins because he's pretty much a phenomena in the game since he hasn't actually been seen or heard. So he hasn't stated ANYTHING, you can't quote him on ANYTHING. And like I said, it's Dante that stated the fact that they're twins, and Vergil confirmed it, albeit they were mock-denying any relation to each other in their banter. I know what you're trying to say, and I would have run with it, but that theory can be debunked because we know for a fact that they are twins. And didn't Nero Angelo (I thought it was Nelo Angelo, or are they one and the same?) only appear later in the DMC series? He's Vergil, right? And we know where Vergil comes from. They both had the same mother, and they've both got Sparda's blood. I dunno, the idea of them not being twins just blows the contradicting nonsense Capcom has spread out of the water.
And *tarum tarum tarum* to Vergil's defence, I always thought he looked more like Sparda than Dante does.

aoshi

I get ur point with pics. I have already stated that looks are a part of part-human,part-demon form. Nero does look like dante and vergil, But he is not related to them or is yet to be confirmed.

Sparda is nothing like vergil. Vergil is cold and ambitious. Sparda is not ambitious. He sacrificed himself for the sake of humans. Vergil is so out of line of dante and sparda, it is hard to relate him to them. If u think looks can confirm theories, i got news for ya,"Appearances are deceptive".I dont think u figured arkham was the joker by the looks.

Origins of nero-angelo(or nelo-angelo) from vergil are still unknown. Why does nero-angelo serve mundus is till unknown?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Arkham and Jester were two different entities in one, Arkham being his human form, and Jester being his demonic form he'd gained. Vergil looks like Dante in his human form, and has a blue DT in his demonic form. So the theory that Vergil's appearance is deceiving is not plausible, because he just looks that way, he can't have three different faces, get what I'm saying?

And Nero is related to Vergil and Dante, because he is called a descendant of Sparda in the game by Sanctus, and Dante hints at it straight in the beginning with his 'looks like you too are a...'. Either way, Nero has Sparda's blood pumping through his veins, which makes him family, it doesn't matter whether he's some long lost second cousin or whatever. Sparda's blood binds them, makes them family, end of story.

How did this thread veer so far off track anyway? I wanted to avoid bringing Dante and Vergil in here, darn it!

aoshi

clairavance;198911 said:
I don't understand why no one has made a thread about this yet, but here I go anyway. I like to analyse characters, their motivations and mindsets, how they became the people they are and how their characters will develop in future.

Go ahead guys, open for discussion :D

Eva and sparda are not physical characters but are illusions in game. Physical characters already are in conflict and have contradicting theories. Thread is very much in line.

I doubt if inheritance of demon blood can only be through human inheritance. Was sparda the only demon in his genre? Were there any other demons in his genre that have the same blood flowing in them?

And when dante said "You too are a", He meant nero to be a demon and not related to sparda.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
clairavance;198911 said:
Let's draw all the attention away from the sons of Sparda for now, and focus on the pair that brought them into creation in the first place = Eva and Sparda.

^ Thread VERY much off track. This isn't about the sons of Sparda, this is about their parents.

So to bring it back home:

Has there been ANY confirmation that Sparda was around when the twins were born? Where does it say that? Can anyone show me proof (a link to some capcom stamped article, or a word-by-word biography included in some special edition game)?

When Dante says 'I don't have a father', it could mean that Sparda upped and left Eva when she was still pregnant, so they never got to know him in person.

Another reason why I think this possibly could have happened, is because in the beginning of DMC3 Vergil is scrounging a library for a book that contains details about Sparda, which confirms my suspicion that they knew nothing about Sparda personally and had to resort to other sources to get information about him.

Also, I've always felt that there was a big void in their past where Sparda was meant to be. When they reflect on their past, it's always concerning each other and their mother - they never mention Sparda, they never even refer to him, eg. Jackpot(DMC3) and the little kids wanting chocolate from Eva (DMC1). What do you guys think?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
HAH, great, another pic of Vergil!!!

I always thought that when Dante said, 'I don't have a father', it could have meant that Dante loved his mom more, or blamed Sparda for not being around... especially when Eva died.

Sparda msut have been around at the time of conception. I read somewhere that Sparda disappeared/died when the boys were babies. If he upped and left, to a degree, the boys would resent him.
(I can't show you anything on that Cv, because it was ages ago...sorry)

Arkham asks Vergil to tell him the story of Sparda... (human bearing twins etc) that's how Arkham nearly ends up on the pointy end of Yamato at the beginning of Vergil's story on Special edition. I think the book they were looking for, was about Sparda's power and the tower etc.

I think the chocolate thing was on their birthday (I'm not sure which one, may have been one before Eva was killed.)

As for Jackpot. Dante used it in DMC...
But, i have no idea how it came about... especially from the Dante/Vergil point of view.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199891 said:
Vergil needed Arkham, Arkham needed Vergil. It was reciprocal.

Thing is, Arkham was playing the puppeteer and Vergil was the one having the strings pulled like a marionette.
I think Arkham played Vergil better though. I think he knew Vergil would turn on him, then he could trick Lady into following Vergil so they can be at the same place at the same time. Him knowing that they would weaken each other so that he could take advantage of the situation. But then again it is a game.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199995 said:
I think Arkham played Vergil better though. I think he knew Vergil would turn on him, then he could trick Lady into following Vergil so they can be at the same place at the same time. Him knowing that they would weaken each other so that he could take advantage of the situation. But then again it is a game.

What I said, in fewer words. :lol:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay. I know the whole "vergil isn't a son of sparda" thing is done, but still, has anyone else noticed that aoshi LOVES to pick at peoples nerves? I dunno why, but his theories are crazy and often make no sense. Others may disagree, but that seems like trolling in my book.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Um... I wouldn't know really, it's the first time aoshi and I had a discussion one on one (while everyone was offline). I don't want to shoot anyone down because they are entitled to their opinion, and the thread is accepting and welcoming of speculations. It just riled me up when aoshi claimed that the thread is in line when it's clearly not. I think I'd know since I'm the one who started it, doh!
Anyway, does anybody else have any theories on what Sparda was like? Doesn't anyone think he might have had issues, being demon inside and human outside? It's not like Dante and Vergil are in the same league as him, because they're half demon half human by blood. Sparda was full blooded demon with a human appearance, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom