• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah, the way he says some of his lines sounds like Vergil, like at the end when he's doing the speech to God thing about his arm, and he says 'now you'll die' - he sounded like Vergil to me. But then I hear them yapping in my head all day when I write fanfiction, so it might just be my imagination running away.

Sparda™

clairavance;199290 said:
Yeah, the way he says some of his lines sounds like Vergil, like at the end when he's doing the speech to God thing about his arm, and he says 'now you'll die' - he sounded like Vergil to me. But then I hear them yapping in my head all day when I write fanfiction, so it might just be my imagination running away.

Both sounding like Vergil, and swears like Dante, behaves arrogantly - which leads me to think Nero is like Sparda.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Here's a question for you, Sparda. If Sparda truly isn't dead, how has he been hiding for so long? If he isn't dead, don't you think the demons sent to kill him would continue to hunt for as long as they live? I mean, Sparda's good and all, but he's not THAT good to go against four or five MAJOR demons and win. And please don't just say he is that good... He most likely isn't. Just because he took down a barely coordinated army of nearly braindead demonic warriors doesn't mean he's good. I was using a point made by you that most demons are unintelligent, BTW.

Zato-OW

King
DreadnoughtDT;199314 said:
Here's a question for you, Sparda. If Sparda truly isn't dead, how has he been hiding for so long? If he isn't dead, don't you think the demons sent to kill him would continue to hunt for as long as they live? I mean, Sparda's good and all, but he's not THAT good to go against four or five MAJOR demons and win. And please don't just say he is that good... He most likely isn't. Just because he took down a barely coordinated army of nearly braindead demonic warriors doesn't mean he's good. I was using a point made by you that most demons are unintelligent, BTW.

If he had his sword then he would be THAT GOOD. But I find it odd that DMC1 and 4 hints at Dante being stronger then Sparda him self.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199320 said:
What Zato said.

Quite odd, to be honest.

I don't think they mean Sparda as in the version he defeated Mundus. I think they are referring to Human World Sparda.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199321 said:
I don't think they mean Sparda as in the version he defeated Mundus. I think they are referring to Human World Sparda.

That didn't cross my mind, so yeah, you could be right in that one.

Mundus Version Sparda is just too much epic win to handle.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I was talking Sparda as a human... He'd be able to hold his own against one, two, three might be pushing it, but four or more elite demons at once would probably be the end for him. Just saying.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;199323 said:
I was talking Sparda as a human... He'd be able to hold his own against one, two, three might be pushing it, but four or more elite demons at once would probably be the end for him. Just saying.

Well, for all we know, human Sparda with all three of his swords in possession, would be a tough challenge for Dark Knights and Demon Gods.

Elite demons are not that strong. Frosts and Assaults are in the genus of elite demons.

Dark Knights were the closest rank next to rulers, such as Mundus.

Demon Gods are the likes of Mundus. I'd classify the Savior in the same league.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199333 said:
Well, for all we know, human Sparda with all three of his swords in possession, would be a tough challenge for Dark Knights and Demon Gods.

Elite demons are not that strong. Frosts and Assaults are in the genus of elite demons.

Dark Knights were the closest rank next to rulers, such as Mundus.

Demon Gods are the likes of Mundus. I'd classify the Savior in the same league.

The Savior was never completed though. He was still in a immature stage. If the Savior was completed then Dante would have gotten owned hardcore. Sparda started the construction of the statue to over throw the Demon World if the time ever came but he never finished it, instead Sanctus did. This means that the Savior was meant to be most likely the strongest being in DMC history.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199335 said:
The Savior was never completed though. He was still in a immature stage. If the Savior was completed then Dante would have gotten owned hardcore. Sparda started the construction of the statue to over throw the Demon World if the time ever came but he never finished it, instead Sanctus did. This means that the Savior was meant to be most likely the strongest being in DMC history.

Correct, Zato.

Not even Dante, Vergil, Nero, Sparda and Mundus united would have destroyed it in his Perfect Form.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199337 said:
Correct, Zato.

Not even Dante, Vergil, Nero, Sparda and Mundus united would have destroyed it in his Perfect Form.

Oh, what I meant by completed is that Sanctus completed its construction. It wasn't nearly completed in power seeing as Nero and Kyrie were not absorbed.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199340 said:
Oh, what I meant by completed is that Sanctus completed its construction. It wasn't nearly completed in power seeing as Nero and Kyrie were not absorbed.

That's what I said too with the words Perfect Form - referring to power.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
By elite demons, I meant boss type demons. I had a feeling someone was going to mistake "elite" for meaning Frosts, Blitzes and all that...

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;199349 said:
By elite demons, I meant boss type demons. I had a feeling someone was going to mistake "elite" for meaning Frosts, Blitzes and all that...

Elite are those kind of demons - Frosts, Assaults and Blitzes.

Bosses are stronger than elite demons, but futile compared to Dark Knights or Demon Gods.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
DreadnoughtDT;199314 said:

I'll answer your question DT:
If Sparda was able to fend off a legion of demons in his rebellion, it means that he had to really know how his kin functioned. Like Royalguard - easier to block and fight an enemy if you know what to expect. Which means Sparda had to be bloody smart - I'm sure it was easy for him to figure out a way to evade the demons hunting him, because he knew how their minds worked, and thus he knew how to outwit them. It worked in the end, because they haven't found him. Sparda gave up his power, so his intellect had to compensate for that sacrifice. He might have been able to stand against a bunch of elite demons - because Sparda really IS that good - but I doubt that he did. Why fight when you have the option NOT to? Don't you think he got fed up with running and fighting after a thousand years or so?

Sparda™

clairavance;199398 said:
I'll answer your question DT:
If Sparda was able to fend off a legion of demons in his rebellion, it means that he had to really know how his kin functioned. Like Royalguard - easier to block and fight an enemy if you know what to expect. Which means Sparda had to be bloody smart - I'm sure it was easy for him to figure out a way to evade the demons hunting him, because he knew how their minds worked, and thus he knew how to outwit them. It worked in the end, because they haven't found him. Sparda gave up his power, so his intellect had to compensate for that sacrifice. He might have been able to stand against a bunch of elite demons - because Sparda really IS that good - but I doubt that he did. Why fight when you have the option NOT to? Don't you think he got fed up with running and fighting after a thousand years or so?

That's good and all, but makes no sense in the end. Why leave the burden to his children, why abandon them when they were needed the most - these are questions unfortunately we can't give any answer. Speculations about these would just ridicule Sparda's reasons which Capcom has yet to uncover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom