• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay. I've read the manga before (Vergil is friggin scary) it's vague on the details, and doesn't answer any of the questions pestering me. I'm not looking for cold hard facts (unless you have them, and proof that they are facts, which you are more than welcome to put here), just the general assumptions of fans about these little things. Little things that aren't clarified or mentioned in the manga, anime or games.
Thanks for posting the link, though. FINALLY I can read it RIGHT instead of trying to make heads or tails of what sequence to read the pages in! :lol:

...I like manga Vergil better than game Vergil. Is that weird or what.:wacko:

Sparda™

clairavance;199244 said:
First statement - meh. I don't think he's a full demon, but that's just me.

I really don't want to write entire essays as to why Nero is a full demon. It's quite obvious why he's a full demon - I'll leave you that hint.

clairavance;199244 said:
Second - I now have a burning desire to actually go watch the DMC2 cutscenes and hopefully get a peek at this sect and try figure out what breed of demons 'did it', just for amusement sake. With that said, we are digressing from the thread topic with gibberish talk. Let's try keep it on track, 'kay?

There's no explanation which breed of demons mated with these humans in Dumary Island. The sect made by these 'priests', 'special individuals' with 'gifted powers', who were the first to worship demonic idols and perform rituals similar to those of 'sealing demons'. I'll close this as It is irrelevant at the topic at hand, but I made a strong link as to why Eva, a human, would have zero difficulty to fall in love with Sparda, and vice versa - obviously.

clairavance;199244 said:
Third - if that was the case, it would have to be low intellect demons. If demonic leaders were able to line up an army for attack, wouldn't they rather unleash that fury on Sparda himself than on the humans? With him being such a terrible traitor and all, I'm pretty sure just about every demon out there was gunning to shed his blood. Okay, maybe not EVERY demon, but you get what I mean. He wasn't exactly loved by his own kind for messing up their chance at reigning over humans.

That's quite nonsense.

Sparda sealed every hell gate which allowed the free passage of demons to the human world.

Sparda's act, going against his own kind, rebelled an entire race, the humans, gave them reason to fight and keep the demons at bay. Sparda formed strong alliances with humans and a few Dark Knights, demons, which supported him and helped him in his fight for humanity's freedom.

Beowulf, which was Sparda's brother-in-arms literally, seemed enraged to the smell of his blood in DMC3, If you remember.

clairavance;199244 said:
Not that this is about Dante (I don't want this thread to turn into a 'lets dissect Dante and Vergil and see who's best' massacre, so I'm trying to steer clear of the mention of the twins much) but where do you recon he got his appetite and love for pizza and strawberry sundaes from? Unless that information was already made public in a novel or something. Is it heriditary eg. did he inherit his appetite from Sparda? Pizza isn't exactly a rich and sophisticated choice for a meal.

You forget Dante and Vergil were raised till 8-9 years old. Even though they were used to the aristocratic food they were served, Dante and Vergil had been wandering alone after their mother's death at the hands of demons.

The kind of food Dante would eat, and the most common, was the pizza. And as we see at the anime, Dante eats the strawberry sundaes, which all of these happen after DMC1.

clairavance;199244 said:
Which leads me to wonder why Dante decided takeaway junk food is better suited to his tastebuds than culinary cuisine, like tofu and hors'de vours (or however it's spelled), which is something you'd imagine Vergil would rather eat, being all noble and haughty. They grew up together to a certain age, right? They were subjected to the same meals, one would assume. What circumstances did they grow up in? If Sparda was an aristocrat, he must have had the power to afford only the best for his children.

Dante would never afford culinary cuisine at age 10, homeless, think his father and brother were dead, his mother killed and wandering alone. He became accustomed at pizzas.

clairavance;199244 said:
Okay, food aside, point I'm trying to get to is(I have a short attention span so you'll see my posts bouncing from one subject to another): when Sparda disappeared, did he just not show up at home one day? Did he explain to Eva that he was going to have to leave? Which brings me to the question, what sort of relationship did he have with Eva? Because Dante states that 1. he's got a dysfunctional family, 2. he has no father, and 3. he simply doesn't like Vergil, without needing a reason to explain his hate. All that screams out negativity, and children learn to interact with others by emulating the interaction between mom and dad. If the parents are able to settle their differences in a civilised way, the children will learn to do the same with one another, even if they hate each other's guts. And we all know Vergil and Dante's interaction is anything BUT civilised. The standard of family life is set through the relationship between the parents. Dante clearly does not come from a happy home, so Eva and Sparda couldn't have been a perfect match. What do you guys think?

The dysfunctional family comes from Sparda's hero complex.

I believe you know what that means.

Dante feels the hate towards his brother, because till before the DMC3 manga when they met, he never knew Vergil was alive, while Vergil in the other hand was aware of Dante still breathing and healthy as an apple. It's quite obvious as to why Dante doesn't need to explain his hate.

He also has this hate towards his father because in the moment he was most needed for them, his presence was absent. If Dante and Sparda ever meet, I don't think he would forgive his father for letting their mother die.

Sparda and Eva lived in that constant fear, something I posted in some page of this thread, and that's why Dante and Vergil couldn't live their childhood as a normal kid would. Also, remaining orphans at 9 years old didn't help their psychological aspect either.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;199256 said:
1. I really don't want to write entire essays as to why Nero is a full demon. It's quite obvious why he's a full demon - I'll leave you that hint.

2. That's quite nonsense.

3. Sparda sealed every hell gate which allowed the free passage of demons to the human world.

4. Sparda's act, going against his own kind, rebelled an entire race, the humans, gave them reason to fight and keep the demons at bay. Sparda formed strong alliances with humans and a few Dark Knights, demons, which supported him and helped him in his fight for humanity's freedom.

5. Beowulf, which was Sparda's brother-in-arms literally, seemed enraged to the smell of his blood in DMC3, If you remember.

6. The kind of food Dante would eat, and the most common, was the pizza. And as we see at the anime, Dante eats the strawberry sundaes, which all of these happen after DMC1.

7. Dante would never afford culinary cuisine at age 10, homeless, think his father and brother were dead, his mother killed and wandering alone. He became accustomed at pizzas.

8. The dysfunctional family comes from Sparda's hero complex.

I believe you know what that means.

1. :lol: I don't expect you to write an essay, unless you feel you have to. Nero being full demon is not obvious since I missed that 'fact', which is what I feel you're trying to turn your theory into. But that's just me. We know by now that you and I tend to have communication gaps, so we'll settle this with logic: everyone has their own view point on the characters. Mine differs from yours. That's all it is. No harm done.

2. Yeah, that is nonsense. It was nonsense talk. I was humouring the idea. I don't want to shoot people's speculations down in flames at all, I'm giving them the opportunity to have their say.

3. So? I-wanna-be-a-demon-humans opened them time and time again. What's the hellgates got to do with this thread anyway?

4. I know. That's why emphasised that not EVERY demon was after him. I know there were a few who had a change of heart, or who Sparda managed to spur into a different mindset of sorts. So yeah, I agree with you there.

5. :O Not really. I was too busy oogling Dante to pay attention to the demons he was wiping out, lol.

6. :lol: :lol: Have you noticed that when you comment on my bits, you tend to kind of confirm or contradict what I say, but don't answer the actual question? My question was whether Dante inherited his weird appetite from Sparda - being able to consume junk food and alcohol on a daily basis without any actual nutritional value to any of it, and still keep his figure in tip top shape. Is it a family trait, or is it just Dante's stomach that is a worm hole?

7. Well. :huh: Hmpf. Looks like Vergil got dealt the better card in that regard.

8. Haven't a clue.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Having a dysfunctional family is a human thing too :D (You should see mine;))
Perhaps being half-demon/human gives Dante a weird appetite... but then, he is lucky that he can eat all that cr@p and the weight stays off (I better start hunting demons).

Vergil is probably a salad dude... who knows?

Sparda™

clairavance;199258 said:
1. :lol: I don't expect you to write an essay, unless you feel you have to. Nero being full demon is not obvious since I missed that 'fact', which is what I feel you're trying to turn your theory into. But that's just me. We know by now that you and I tend to have communication gaps, so we'll settle this with logic: everyone has their own view point on the characters. Mine differs from yours. That's all it is. No harm done.

Alright then, case closed.

clairavance;199258 said:
2. Yeah, that is nonsense. It was nonsense talk. I was humouring the idea. I don't want to shoot people's speculations down in flames at all, I'm giving them the opportunity to have their say.

All fine then.

clairavance;199258 said:
3. So? I-wanna-be-a-demon-humans opened them time and time again. What's the hellgates got to do with this thread anyway?

You separated my paragraph which follows point #4, where you agree on point #5. Dunno what you intended to do by taking that sentence out of context.

clairavance;199258 said:
5. :O Not really. I was too busy oogling Dante to pay attention to the demons he was wiping out, lol.

:lol:

clairavance;199258 said:
6. :lol: :lol: Have you noticed that when you comment on my bits, you tend to kind of confirm or contradict what I say, but don't answer the actual question? My question was whether Dante inherited his weird appetite from Sparda - being able to consume junk food and alcohol on a daily basis without any actual nutritional value to any of it, and still keep his figure in tip top shape. Is it a family trait, or is it just Dante's stomach that is a worm hole?

Could be a family trait. After all, he's part demon.

clairavance;199258 said:
7. Well. :huh: Hmpf. Looks like Vergil got dealt the better card in that regard.

Vergil was lucky lol.

clairavance;199258 said:
8. Haven't a clue.

You see, If someone with Sparda's stature was to create a family, he would undoubtedly put his family and all the ones he cared for to risk. It was inevitable Eva and Sparda would have arguments about It all the time, because the life of their children was in great peril, constantly.

That doesn't mean they weren't the perfect couple, on the contrary.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;199272 said:
You see, If someone with Sparda's stature was to create a family, he would undoubtedly put his family and all the ones he cared for to risk. It was inevitable Eva and Sparda would have arguments about It all the time, because the life of their children was in great peril, constantly.

That doesn't mean they weren't the perfect couple, on the contrary.

Ah. *light switch ON* Okay, I getcha. *light bulb goes POOF*

Why am I the only one spewing questions in the thread? Come on you guys, you can't get any lamer questions than the ones I've already asked, so please feel free to throw them out here.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
clairavance... i think you have probably covered most of the ground on Sparda...
It was thanks to the DMC3 manga that the whole Sparda being dead thing turned into Sparda disappeared...

Why friggin change it?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
It might be Capcom's plan B. Something they can resort to to keep the franchise going if they are going to eliminate Dante as the face of DMC. 'Well, Dante's not in the game... but SPARDA is'. I swear that would be the only thing that sells a DMC game to me without Dante in it.

But thinking about it, there really is no point in them changing 'death' to 'disappearing', unless it was just another kind of ploy to wrap Sparda in 'mystery'. They don't give clearcut answers about why or where or how in the series, so somebody must have gone 'Hey, we killed Sparda. That kind of kills the effect we're going for eg. no one knowing anything as factual about him. Let's change that'. I think its ridiculous it changed.

Sparda™

It's the way Capcom acts.

Sparda now is disappearing. No reasons given as to why.

Even Vergil, which seriously, has been hinted at being dead - but why hint someone's death and not actually have him dead for certain?!

Well, in marketing skills, this is translated as 'more money' to come for them.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I thought it was a sealed and officially closed deal that Vergil is dead. Where did they muck about with that now?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Well, (where to start) I know of a rumor that Nero was the reincarnation of Vergil.
Nero, son of Vergil. Vergil disappeared after the last fight with Dante in DMC1...

Sparda™

Misunderstandings, again... :lol:

What I was trying to say is that Vergil is as good as dead - pieces of his armor containing his soul were used for the Bianco Angelos, he's mentioned as the 'departed brother' and his name isn't even mentioned in DMC4.

I get It he's dead, lurking in the demon world now.

But It's hinted more than confirmed.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I thought the scene with him shooting into the air in a sphere of light was his soul being freed from Nelo Angelo eg. he died.
...random question, totally off topic: IS it Vergil's voice that says 'Get set' when I put Dante on dark slayer mode, or am I losing my mind?

Sparda™

clairavance;199283 said:
...random question, totally off topic: IS it Vergil's voice that says 'Get set' when I put Dante on dark slayer mode, or am I losing my mind?

Could be...

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Nope i wasn't on about gameplay in DMC4. There is a 'History of DMC'. It's on that. Plus from what i am aware, it flashes up on load screens on the PS3 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom