• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;200473 said:
There's a tomb of Eva in the DMC3 Manga.

If Sparda's Jesus, then he'll return.

I'm saying hes "like" Jesus in the sense that people have memorials of him everywhere and pray to him. Personally if you believe in that stuff then ok... But anyhow, there is no grave site for Vergil either and we knew how that went. Everyone thought he was alive...well not everyone but many said he just "vanished" after his defeat. Things are never straight to the point in this game which is a gripe but Sparda is dead until proven otherwise.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
If i know Capcom as the company you guys have told me they are... Sparda will always remain a mystery.

Durante

Dead
Sparda isin't dead until it's showed where and when he died or why he dissapeared. Just like with Vergil he actually was killed by Dante himself and he was the only one to know how Vergil died. Until it is proven that he really died Capcom can change the storyline as they wish. Im guessing they are leaving the Sparda thing for main desert after they make their last DMC

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Like Vergil I don't see the point of bringing him into a sequel. His original backstory gave no impression that he was still alive and quite clearly said he was dead.
And now some newer source says "well actually" It doesn't matter how you try to connect pretend dots and swerve round the point its changing the plot plain and simple. This is what happens when you try to build a plot on top of something that was not designed for it. The only half decent sequel was a prequel.

Why stop with Sparda lets bring Dante's mum back, lets bring God into the mix, in for a penny in for a pound lets go nuts.

Sparda™

Durante;200506 said:
Sparda isin't dead until it's showed where and when he died or why he dissapeared. Just like with Vergil he actually was killed by Dante himself and he was the only one to know how Vergil died. Until it is proven that he really died Capcom can change the storyline as they wish. Im guessing they are leaving the Sparda thing for main desert after they make their last DMC

I completely agree with you.

Capcom is keeping Sparda and Vergil for something epic.

Zato-OW

King
I highly doubt we will ever see Sparda ever in the same game with Dante story wise. If we do then its probably gonna be something like MGS4. And I swear if they try to make either one of them evil I will be ****ed. So damn generic.

Durante

Dead
Clearly some games have similarities i see the twin similarity with MGS and DMC sometimes the storyline matches up aswell Big boss (legend) we see Sparda as a legend aswell. At any point Capcom WILL bring back the legend back to action just to please the audience or to make the storyline more smooth. You all say that there are many questions on dmc? They might just be answered in the last game when Sparda shows up.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;200521 said:
Vergil is dead. Capcom said so...

Although I'd kill to see them bring Vergil back in some shape or form, I highly doubt they would because, as VB said, Capcom claimed Vergil to be dead (now I KNOW I'm not reading too much into the word 'dead') and any chance of him being resurrected is very, intensely, excruciatingly slim. Why? Because Hideki hates Vergil. o_O And since Hideki is like the DMC saga god (in league with Capcom obviously)he has some measure of influence in the games, and Vergil will not be on his 'bring back to life' list. That's what I think anyway.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I agree with clairavance.

If anyone wants proof... about Vergil being dead... i can't give you the link (because my internet operator has blocked it.)... but go to youtube and type in "History of DMC".
Its a extra on DMC4... AND READ IT CAREFULLY.

Also, basically... this is what you are looking for

"The Devil May Cry 4 bonus, "History of DMC", clarifies that Vergil was killed by Mundus, and his soul was used to operate Nelo Angelo"

Here's the link
http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Dante

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Vergil is dead; Dante did not kill him, MUNDUS did. The recap specified that Nero Angelo was the SOUL of Dante's departed brother. Thus, Vergil was already dead.

Sparda is DEAD. Omnipotent voice over of a non-appearing narrator is basically the "voice of god" of the story. YOu cannot claim "oh, it's supposed to be some random human." It is the "Voice ofr God", the overstory that knows all of what happened and gives us that info, the voice of the author who knows what really happened.

Dante is the only one of his immediate family left. Naysayers need to get over it. No sequel will have a viable story reason to bring either one back bar an entire game dedicated to dragging Sparda and/or Vergil out of whatever afterlife they are now in.

Hideki has stated Vergil is dead, and that he hates Vergil, hence why he only barely got mentioned in DMC4. He's also said that there will be NO Dante in DMC5, only Nero.

All those in favor of getting Kamiya to get his butt back over to Capcom and get this series out of Hideki's idiotic hands?

Edit: VB, we have odd timing as I start writing my massive post right when you posted yours. lol

Durante

Dead
Dante Redgrave;200540 said:
Vergil is dead; Dante did not kill him, MUNDUS did. The recap specified that Nero Angelo was the SOUL of Dante's departed brother. Thus, Vergil was already dead.

Sparda is DEAD. Omnipotent voice over of a non-appearing narrator is basically the "voice of god" of the story. YOu cannot claim "oh, it's supposed to be some random human." It is the "Voice ofr God", the overstory that knows all of what happened and gives us that info, the voice of the author who knows what really happened.

Dante is the only one of his immediate family left. Naysayers need to get over it. No sequel will have a viable story reason to bring either one back bar an entire game dedicated to dragging Sparda and/or Vergil out of whatever afterlife they are now in.

Hideki has stated Vergil is dead, and that he hates Vergil, hence why he only barely got mentioned in DMC4. He's also said that there will be NO Dante in DMC5, only Nero.

All those in favor of getting Kamiya to get his butt back over to Capcom and get this series out of Hideki's idiotic hands?

Edit: VB, we have odd timing as I start writing my massive post right when you posted yours. lol

Even if he does put in Nero in DMC5 and take out Vergil,Dante,Sparda i doubt that the public will react positively which WILL result in FAIL. The crowd speaks for itself you know. I don't remember how smooth it went when they messed up DMC2 if the same happens with the fifth one and the storyline stinks people aren't goona buy it.

Sparda is bound to come back,Capcom has the opportunity to make a game with him explaining everything in a detailed matter how he died or what he has done in the past and in the future. Vergil can come back through any means,Capcom only has to be creative. Let's take an example at MGS LIQUID came back through a god damn arm.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Having not grasped MGS... I haven't got a clue what ur on about.

Also, I have to agree with Dante Redgrave.

(if ull excuse me, i have to go an fight with a chicken... thank god its cooked...)

Durante

Dead
The storylines are nearly the same of the game.
And it features some fails aswell
For example in MGS2 they featured a new main character just like in DMC4 so thats why many rants came in of the second game. Oh and what i meant was that the main character has a twin brother who supposedly get's killed. And comes back when someone transplants his arm :D.

And should i add that DMC1 was supposed to be one game only? What the narrator said was tend to be final but due to multiple game releases im sure Capcom wouldn't let the narrator say the same thing.

Zato-OW

King
Durante;200543 said:
Even if he does put in Nero in DMC5 and take out Vergil,Dante,Sparda i doubt that the public will react positively which WILL result in FAIL. The crowd speaks for itself you know. I don't remember how smooth it went when they messed up DMC2 if the same happens with the fifth one and the storyline stinks people aren't goona buy it.

Sparda is bound to come back,Capcom has the opportunity to make a game with him explaining everything in a detailed matter how he died or what he has done in the past and in the future. Vergil can come back through any means,Capcom only has to be creative. Let's take an example at MGS LIQUID came back through a god damn arm.

Capcom has already said that they plan to keep Sparda a mystery and making a game based on him would most likely never happen. They did say that a back story game on Vergil is possible though. I'm guessing they will create a game where the events are shortly after DMC3. We know Vergil charged Mundus but not sure if that's where he died. If I could recall in DMC1 those same orbs appeared after the Griffon battle but Mundus wasn't really there. But then again Vergil could have gotten zapped to death.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
All i know is that Mundus killed him, and his soul 'animates' the Nelo armor.

Didn't griffon get crushed?

I'm terrible at MGS2. I don't doubt that the appearance of Raiden caused a bit of outrage.

I remember that DMC was only supposed to be one game. Wasn't Dante a design for Leon Kennedy from RE4?
Then again, wasn't dmc supposed to be RE4?

Rumor has it that Dante won't be in DMC5...

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Dante Redgrave;200540 said:

*Raises hand* ^_^ He should do a Tomb Raider Legend (the Core fans eventually got over it it)

Or better still he could just start again with a totally...new..o_O plot.

Vergil'sB*tch;200547 said:
Rumor has it that Dante won't be in DMC5...

Whoh...hats off if they are ballsy enough to give that one a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom