• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Durante;200543 said:
Even if he does put in Nero in DMC5 and take out Vergil,Dante,Sparda i doubt that the public will react positively which WILL result in FAIL. The crowd speaks for itself you know.

Sparda will forever be a big part of the series, so I doubt they'll take him out in DMC5. Vergil will most likely not be even hinted at, and Dante might make a brief cameo appearance, or he might be referred to a lot in the game, but if they said he won't be in the actual game I assume they mean he won't be a playable character (SUCKS!!)
But I don't know if the whole game will FAIL, as you state. There's lots of Nero-followers popping up all over the place, and by now I'm pretty sure he's got his own impressive little army of fans drafted up.

@Dante Redgrave, Sparda - dead; Vergil - dead; thanks for clearing that up, people were really starting to confuse me with their fanism wants.

@VB: thanks for the link. Vergil 'resided' in the underworld until Mundus 'swayed' him? Sounds like he was giving the big three eyed prince a tough time! ^_^

Sparda™

Game without Dante = Instant fail

They need to bring back Vergil and Sparda at one time, because they'll get short of creativity.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ugh... Okay. This is the ONLY I do mean ONLY time I'll say this. WHO FREAKIN' CARES IF DANTE'S IN IT OR NOT?! Quite frankly, Nero has more potential, and I like playing as him more than Dante. And that's quite a bit coming from a fan since the beginning. Dante has no more potential, it's just "Oh this is a job I'm getting paid for, no biggie." His personality really rubs me the wrong way as well. It was fine in 3, but he should've grown up in four.

Let the flaming begin...

Zato-OW

King
I think the big mistake with Dante in DMC4 was his game play. They gave him waaay too much in a game he will have to share 60%/40%. They should have given him 2 on the fly styles and limited him to 2 devil arms and fire arms to be carried. Of course you can swap through your FA/DA/S in the menu or at a glyph.

Now Dante can easily have more time in the story aspect. They just need to throw someone who can beat him and make sure he is a actual demon from hell.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;200574 said:
They just need to throw someone who can beat him and make sure he is a actual demon from hell.

They threw the theory that a demon gets its full extent of power through loving and caring for humans, instead of killing them - explaining the powers of Sparda and their true extent.

Long story short, demons with a human side win.

But yeah, I agree there should be some challenge for Dante. He's getting annoyed himself there's no actual foe for him.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
DreadnoughtDT;200572 said:
1. Ugh... Okay. This is the ONLY I do mean ONLY time I'll say this. WHO FREAKIN' CARES IF DANTE'S IN IT OR NOT?!

2. Dante has no more potential, it's just "Oh this is a job I'm getting paid for, no biggie."

3. His personality really rubs me the wrong way as well.

4.It was fine in 3, but he should've grown up in four.

Let the flaming begin...

Flame 1 - :O You TRAITOR! Now I hope they DO put Dante in it just to kick Nero's butt because of what you said. To answer the question, who cares? I do! And so does the millions of Dante fans ;)

Flame 2 - Dante has the potential, it's just the bloody authors who control the strings who need to think outside the box.

Flame 3 - He wouldn't be Dante if we all loved him. (I hate him too sometimes, but don't tell :p)

Flame 4 - Dante grow UP? Now that I want to see! :lol:

Btw, you know I'm just messing around so don't take me too seriously ;)

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;200575 said:
They threw the theory that a demon gets its full extent of power through loving and caring for humans, instead of killing them - explaining the powers of Sparda and their true extent.

Long story short, demons with a human side win.

But yeah, I agree there should be some challenge for Dante. He's getting annoyed himself there's no actual foe for him.

I'm not saying for them to throw some brainless demon at him. I rather throw a humanoid demon at Dante instead of some huge blob or statue. A demon that's like Dante except a full demon and obviously darker/evil.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;200578 said:
A demon that's like Dante except a full demon and obviously darker/evil.

Yeah, that could do the trick.

But, the Savior, as an idea, was epic win - just badly interpreted by Capcom's part.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;200579 said:
Yeah, that could do the trick.

But, the Savior, as an idea, was epic win - just badly interpreted by Capcom's part.

I agree, the boss fight just wasn't fun imo.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;200580 said:
I agree, the boss fight just wasn't fun imo.

It wasn't an actual fight, just running, escaping, disabling the Savior, destroying his gems and then - THE END of Mission 18.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;200581 said:
It wasn't an actual fight, just running, escaping, disabling the Savior, destroying his gems and then - THE END of Mission 18.

I looked at it that way before but that's exactly what it is.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;200572 said:
Ugh... Okay. This is the ONLY I do mean ONLY time I'll say this. WHO FREAKIN' CARES IF DANTE'S IN IT OR NOT?! Quite frankly, Nero has more potential, and I like playing as him more than Dante. And that's quite a bit coming from a fan since the beginning. Dante has no more potential, it's just "Oh this is a job I'm getting paid for, no biggie." His personality really rubs me the wrong way as well. It was fine in 3, but he should've grown up in four.

Let the flaming begin...

I agree with everything you just said. If the only way of keeping his character intertesting is doing something stupid like bringing his brother back to life after everything he went through to end that rivalry then he clearly has very little potential outside of kicking Mundus' butt once and for all. We don't even know who Nero is yet, concentrate on him for now.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Mundus (i found out a few days ago) isn't actually dead. I thought Dante finished him off... but he just sealed Mundus away... again!

The one 'gripe' i have got about DMC4... (is still Santcus) but... i think that Dante would have been better at fighting Sanctus Diabloica (i'm sorry if i've got that wrong.) I find Dante easier to fight with than Nero.
(Flame all you want, it's just my opinion, i find Nero slow....)

Also, I found that the DT in DMC4 didn't have the speed like in DMC3 (YOU KNOW THE RUNNING SPEED)

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;200627 said:
Mundus (i found out a few days ago) isn't actually dead. I thought Dante finished him off... but he just sealed Mundus away... again!

Yep, that's old news. Mundus is like Satan, he can't be killed.

The one 'gripe' i have got about DMC4... (is still Santcus) but... i think that Dante would have been better at fighting Sanctus Diabloica (i'm sorry if i've got that wrong.) I find Dante easier to fight with than Nero.
(Flame all you want, it's just my opinion, i find Nero slow....)

Dante has all the equipment, more agile and on-the-fly style change is epic win.

Also, I found that the DT in DMC4 didn't have the speed like in DMC3 (YOU KNOW THE RUNNING SPEED)

Yep, that's a minus. Also, there's no hovering/flying like in previous Devil May Cry games.

Durante

Dead
I think Mundus is undestroyable. He does come back eventually. Well Dante was focused on all three games so hes a great character and Nero is something fresh for everyone.The running speed differed in nearly every game,or atleast it looks like to me. What i don't like is that on every game Dante's face looks completely different in DMC1 he looks like he came back from Hawaii as a turkian. In Dmc2 like he didin't seen the sun for a while. In the third like some random punk but atleast he looks alike like in the second. And in the fourth he doesn't even look like from the last games.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Mundus can't be killed?

...I dunno why i find that hard to believe... (my brain has started thinking...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom