• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Angry Joe Show!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Anyone follows this guy? I found his channel pretty recently (maybe 2 months), and it's funny as hell! Which video do you liked the most? For me, I can't decide between the Rambo review and the Ride to Hell review, both of them cracked me up of laughter!

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
he's funny...to a point. if you watch a lot of his videos you'll see that beyond being funny...theres not much else. and thats not a bad thing, but there are times where he tries to sound intellectual and you sit back and think "stick to the jokes dude". but on the whole, good channel. good laughs.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
he's funny...to a point. if you watch a lot of his videos you'll see that beyond being funny...theres not much else. and thats not a bad thing, but there are times where he tries to sound intellectual and you sit back and think "stick to the jokes dude". but on the whole, good channel. good laughs.

So, what's your favorite video?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I didn't fully trust his reviews, I did agree with some but after he gave Tomb Raider a 9 and Last of Us a 10, he lost every bit of credibility as a reviewer in my eyes.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Meh, I find him about as ham-fisted and unfunny as the rest of people in the League of Super Critics. The only thing that makes Joe even more unremarkable is the fact that he rarely offers his own opinion in his review, and instead usually dedicates the majority of his videos to one of two rudimentary things:

1. Basic information about the game that any dolt could learn by reading it off the back of the box

2. Literally citing exactly what the general consensus is about the game. I.e., if there's mass hate for a game, he'll just recite all the complaints he's heard, or praise the game for all the points he found in whatever Metacritic review he looked at before he started recording.

I don't find him funny, but what's worse, I don't find him credible or informative as a gamer whatsoever. He's just a tool of the industry...there's barely any personal opinion to be found.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
LOL what? A tool of the industry? Man, he did tons of ranting in his YouTube career against gaming companies that use dishonest behavior (yeah, Capcom included). What's in his reviews is totally personal, in fact he found himself against the mainstream critics many times (and often those critics bashed towards him for his opinions).
He's a honest fellow, on the gamers' side, and points out both good things and flaws even in the games he actually likes. I trust his reviews, and very few times I disagreed with him.

Now please, let's not turn this thread in a hating against Angry Joe, and let's stay in topic.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
LOL what? A tool of the industry? Man, he did tons of ranting in his YouTube career against gaming companies that use dishonest behavior. What's in his reviews is totally personal, in fact he found himself against the mainstream critics many times.
He's a honest fellow, on the gamers' side, and points out both good things and flaws even in the games he actually likes. I trust his reviews, and very few times I disagreed with him.

Now please, let's not turn this thread in a hating against Angry Joe, and let's stay in topic.
It's alright. Opinions are just opinions. Pay mine no heed.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I discovered him through the Nostalgia Critic because pretty much all of them are a part of That Guy With The Glasses and he's ok. Some of his reviews are entertaining. Others are a little eh.

My favorite game reviewer is Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation. He's hilarious and has very good points I usually tend to agree with.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I didn't fully trust his reviews, I did agree with some but after he gave Tomb Raider a 9 and Last of Us a 10, he lost every bit of credibility as a reviewer in my eyes.
It' his opinion dude. He really enjoyed the new Tomb Raider and Last of Us explaining why. That doesn't really make him lose any credibility as a reviewer. It's just he likes these games much more than I do.

Some people have to remember reviews are nothing but opinions. You can easily tell the which ones are legit and which ones may have a conflict of interest. However, most gamers use that excuse when something gets a score they don't agree with so eh.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I like Joe, he always goes into great detail with his reviews and like the humour behind them too. He registered on one of our forums before in the early days and seems like a nice guy. I have a thread over on those forums where we post his reviews as soon as he releases them (though we have been a little late as of late with me having no computer).

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I like Joe, he always goes into great detail with his reviews and like the humour behind them too. He registered on one of our forums before in the early days and seems like a nice guy. I have a thread over on those forums where we post his reviews as soon as he releases them (though we have been a little late as of late with me having no computer).
Really? I would have liked to say hi to him. He does just seem like a pretty cool dude.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
He hasnt been around there for a while but I might try and throw him a message on Twitter sometime and see if he might stop by with some impressions of some games when he gets his hands on them.
Sweet. I don't have twitter, but I'll keep an eye on the forums. I'd just want to chat it up with him about random stuff. Maybe ask him about any cool or funny stories working with That Guy With The Glasses and crew.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Sweet. I don't have twitter, but I'll keep an eye on the forums. I'd just want to chat it up with him about random stuff. Maybe ask him about any cool or funny stories working with That Guy With The Glasses and crew.

I mainly use Twitter for chatting with reviewers/youtube streamers and game developers/staff (that and entering competitions for free stuff).

Elektra214xx

Ssstylish devil hunter..
Yeah, Angry Joe is pretty cool...His reviews have really helped me when picking out new games to try..I remember this one time, I was curious to try out the last Duke Nukem game. I saw his review about it and almost gagged :vomit:(literally)...Glad I didn't waste my money on it...thanks to Joe..and he's so..so funny!:D

Anyone follows this guy? I found his channel pretty recently (maybe 2 months), and it's funny as hell! Which video do you liked the most? For me, I can't decide between the Rambo review and the Ride to Hell review, both of them cracked me up of laughter!

...The Rambo review was crazzyy! I'll pick that..

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah, Angry Joe is pretty cool...His reviews have really helped me when picking out new games to try..I remember this one time, I was curious to try out the last Duke Nukem game. I saw his review about it and almost gagged :vomit:(literally)...Glad I didn't waste my money on it...thanks to Joe..and he's so..so funny!:D

What's your fav moment? I laughed so hard in the Ride to Hell review, when he said "fly off to the right and explode" in slow motion LOL
Or what about the infamous "4 HOURS!!!"? XD

...The Rambo review was crazzyy! I'll pick that..

"He's a man, not a god! Come on comrades, he's a man, not a god!"
LOL

Dark Drakan

Admin
1. Basic information about the game that any dolt could learn by reading it off the back of the box

His reviews are usually over 30mins long, goes into more detail than most reviews I have seen. I watch a lot of his 'Lets Play' videos too where he streams what hes playing and comments over the top of it, also like watching his 'Angry Army' videos that he goes into sometimes with his worldwide clan made up of his fans.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
It' his opinion dude. He really enjoyed the new Tomb Raider and Last of Us explaining why. That doesn't really make him lose any credibility as a reviewer. It's just he likes these games much more than I do.
Whether it's his opinion or not he goes on about protecting the gamers from corporate crap by hilariously parodying the Cobra Commander into the Corporate Commander as well as campaigning against the "less in gaming for more bucks", yet when it comes to something like Tomb Raider he's blindly praising the game to death and completely misses the fact that it's just another generic cover shooter and has no originality.
Also I expected him to give a fair review to Last of Us but the way he was reviewing it seemed like he was paid by Sony to praise it.

I mostly follow TotalBiscuit, Gggmanlives, Nerdcubed and CGRundertow for reviews, but I still don't take their reviews as final.
Even though TotalBiscuit liked games I hated like DmC and Tomb Raider, he still acknowledged that they were dumbed down and for casuals which is what I like to see reviewers do instead of praising the s**t out of them like they're the next big thing like Joe does, TotalBiscuit is actually doing his job as a reviewer.
Also even Joe's DNF video was crap, all he did was s**t on the game the entire review, TotalBiscuit however despite not liking the game and agreeing it was crap, he still listed the valid pros of the game in his review which is why I trust him and not Joe.
Regardless of what public opinion is of DNF & TR2013, I've always used both games as tools to weed out the sh***y reviewers, any reviewer who can review DNF fairly instead of just blindly hating on it is worth keeping an eye on the same way I consider any reviewer who can see the cons in Tomb Raider instead of blindly praising it.

I watch Zero Punctuation but I never trust his reviews, same with Razorfist, I just watch them for laughs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom