• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Telltale reveal Batman title

Dark Drakan

Admin
pnrtmtyb0dz7op1zlm6t.png

Clearly not content with their current workload, Telltale have revealed that they are now also working on a Batman game. They premiered a brief teaser trailer that acted as a tone piece for the series during The Game Awards, the title will be launching in 2016.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't know how I feel about this. The first time I went back on a Tell Tale and try to go a different rout I realized you end up in the same place so your choices don't really have an impact on the story I was pretty disappointed but at the same time they really know how to make good stories.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
While I still don't approve of Telltale's choice of Gameplay, they won me over to their talent in story telling with Tales from the Borderlands so I think I just might give this a shot.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I don't know how I feel about this. The first time I went back on a Tell Tale and try to go a different rout I realized you end up in the same place so your choices don't really have an impact on the story I was pretty disappointed but at the same time they really know how to make good stories.

Yeah its a shame some choices dont really effect the final outcomes all that much but I guess some plotlines have to have a particular outcome for maximum story effect/impact. Some plots are more about the journey than the destination in a way. As not everyone does the multiple playthroughs to get different outcomes for some reason so they may get a 'weaker', less meaningful story and opinion of a particular title based purely on their own choices.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm really sick and tired of Telltale's games flooding the market but this, together with Wolf Among Us, could be the only one I'd be willing to buy.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I'm really sick and tired of Telltale's games flooding the market but this, together with Wolf Among Us, could be the only one I'd be willing to buy.

They have all been pretty decent though (technicial bugs aside), I have really enjoyed The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones & The Wolf Among Us so far. Does seem to be a lot more on the way however with the recently released Minecraft Story Mode, so I think they may have to mix up the formula soon or things may start to get stale quickly.

Upcoming games (confirmed so far):

Unnamed Marvel Title (2017)
Batman
The Walking Dead: Michonne
The Walking Dead: Season 3
Game of Thrones: Season 2

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
They have all been pretty decent though (technicial bugs aside), I have really enjoyed The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones & The Wolf Among Us so far.

No I wasn't talking about quality. Just that I'm tired of seeing pretty much a game after another from them.

I don't like their genre, as their games are nothing more than storylines and that's it, so what has to win me is the subject. TWAU and Batman are subjects that interest me that's why I said I'd willing to buy this.

Dark Drakan

Admin
No I wasn't talking about quality. Just that I'm tired of seeing pretty much a game after another from them.

I don't like their genre, as their games are nothing more than storylines and that's it, so what has to win me is the subject. TWAU and Batman are subjects that interest me that's why I said I'd willing to buy this.

I think they are going to have to do more with their games soon if they want people to remain interested however as formula without a fantastic story would wear thin with so many similar games in the genre with only subject matter differing. Really need to start expanding their stories and effects of player choices as that is the selling point of this genre of games. Point and click games have been around this the beginning of the gaming industry but in this day and age we need a little more from them.

Never really been a big point and click fan, last games I played in the genre was Discworld in 1995, Broken Sword in 1996 and then more recently Telltales Back to the Future in 2010 before giving the more recent titles a go.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It's just that I remember when point and click games actually had gameplay, investigation, meaningful and challenging puzzle solving, I remember all the times I spent on Myst for example, which my dad gifted to me.

I don't like THEIR style of point and click, where the only thing you click is a line of dialogue or a piece of scenery without very much thought to it. Therefore, having a subject that hooks me is the only way they can see the money stored in my PayPal.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
With the kind of IPs Telltale are getting, established franchises, it's pretty clear that they are only getting the licenses to those franchises because people just want more stories in those franchises and don't care how the gameplay is handled.

For me when I went into Tales from the Borderlands, it was only because I wanted to explore the world of Borderlands more, but when I wanted good gameplay I could just go back to Borderlands 2.

Just look at the Minecraft situation, the main game is the Gameplay and Telltale does the story mode, if you look at it a certain way, you've paid for the Story Mode and the Gameplay Mode SEPARATELY!!!

Why do I suddenly feel like EA is gonna ask them to make a Story Mode for Star Wars Battlefront?

Dark Drakan

Admin
It's just that I remember when point and click games actually had gameplay, investigation, meaningful and challenging puzzle solving, I remember all the times I spent on Myst for example, which my dad gifted to me.

I don't like THEIR style of point and click, where the only thing you click is a line of dialogue or a piece of scenery without very much thought to it. Therefore, having a subject that hooks me is the only way they can see the money stored in my PayPal.

Their style is more like a play your own TV show/Movie and decide the outcome based on your own choices (though the choices do need to make more difference as Berto said). I mean LionsGate CEO Jon Feltheimer and Unity Technologies' CEO John Riccitiello have joined Telltale's board of directors so they will have a more tv/movie approach to games currently. Along with most of the titles they have been licensed to being TV franchises and movies.

To begin with they were only a small studio so had budget limits so maybe they will start to branch out their capabilities now they have grown massively. Need to improve their engine first of all as this is dated and is holding them back I would say, then maybe they can start including more challenging puzzles and investigation methods. Their success can only help improve their future franchises so hopefully we will see their game capabilities expand as much as the studio itself has.

Why do I suddenly feel like EA is gonna ask them to make a Story Mode for Star Wars Battlefront?

Dont give them any ideas. :cautious:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I agree! I'm mostly passive about this but GOD DAMN is Telltale milking the teat out of its point'click games. ALL they do is strap a well known licence to their games.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
He was also the voice of The Joker, Robin (Tim Drake), Red Hood and Two-Face. He really is everywhere these days.

The rest of the cast look interesting. Still unsure of how a Telltale Batman game would play though.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
I'd still prefer a Superman Telltale Game (Big blue needs some love) but ehh I'll still enjoy it.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I hope they go with the detective aspect of Batman, that would play pretty well with Telltales' s narrative. Maybe a murdered Catwoman or Talia al Ghul, with Batman ripping through Gotham's criminal underworld looking for the one villain who did it. I'd be pretty excited for that

Top Bottom