• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Supposed DmC play tester leak (probably fake)

DMCGamer1989

I found this on /v/ yesterday and it seemed interesting, fake or not I think you guys might be interested in this. Here are all his posts.

Hey guys,

I see you've been getting some fake leaks recently. Well you rest assured that I am here to set the record straight, because **** this game and **** my job. $20 an hour is not worth my time on this ****, so I'm willing to risk it.

Anyways, the game is about 6 hours long on Nephilim with all orbs and Secret Missions. Vergil is the final boss, and he has a second form (because these guys love huge monsters and don't understand the trill of man-to-man fights). His first form is extremely easy, and most of the challenge comes in the second form. Think Dracula in the opening of SoTN: Vergil just teleports, does a combo or uses Summoned Swords, and then leaves himself open for awhile. Repeat. The second form is monstrous but I won't reveal what it is. It is not, however, a dinosaur. In total there are 6 bosses including Vergil.

Oh, and the ending? Well it turns out Donte isn't actually meant to be Dante. He's a demon created by the true Mundus and has been put through a simulation of sorts. Mundus is trying to create a replica of the Son of Sparda who can challenge him. However, it isn't working. Donte manages to escape to the human world however at the end, so its a bit ambiguous as to where they'll go from here.

Bosses

Succubus/Poison
Hunter
Bob Barbas
Lilith
Mundus
Vergil
You actually fight Lilith and her child at the same time. They fight in phases ie. chop off his life bar a bit, then she comes out and you go after her.

Ugly monster fetus with huge AoE.

There's a QTE where Dante stabs Lilith and he yells "Better double wrap for this!"

Squirrel spunk is never mentioned in the game. Ever. I'm wondering where that magazine article got that info.

Vergil's references in his boss fight

He references all of Vergil's battle lines from DMC3. Except "you won't forget this devil's power"

Begone!

On disc costumes

Super Dante and a DmC version of LDK is all thats on disc. Coatless is on there too, you unlocked after the first mission.

Sparda's appearance

like Dante/Vergil but with darker skin and thin, whispy white hair. He wears a tattered and scorched white and purple officer's uniform with a shoulder plate and has chains wrapped around his limbs. He uses all of Dante's weapons though; no Force Edge/woozy/Sparda sword

Mundus and new Mundus
Porcelain Zeus Mundus is still around; NT's version is Mundus in the simulation

DMCGamer1989

Mundus DMC1
Porcelain Zeus Mundus is still around; NT's version is Mundus in the simulation True Mundus, as far as I can tell, is Mundus from DMC1
Mundus that has been revealed so far in DmC is a figment of Donte's imagination - a demon in the simulation
It doesn't explain whats going on, but Mundus was SEALED by Dante in DMC1 for 2000 years. He's very much alive, just damaged and broken in Hell.

Q & A

OP I have some questions.

If the ending is like that, do you think it may work as a failsafe For Crapcom to return to old DMC mode should they need it?

Why Does Donte get white longer hair outside the DT in this game?

if Donte is a Fake dante, Vorgil is a faker Vergil?

any mention of other characters like Trish, Lady, Lucia, etc?

Does Donte get a real DT or he's stuck with the one in the demo?

What about Sparda? does he have a major role in the game or not?

If Donte is a clone, where is the real Dante they copied?

1. I wouldn't know; its possible, but I don't have enough knowledge of where they want to go with this to comment. Currently I THINK it establishes this entry in the original timeline.

2. It happens when he tries to save Kat. Lilith wants to breed her son with Kat in order to teach Donte a lesson, and at that moment he's subdued a la Nero. He goes through the transformation in order to gain enough power to break free from his bonds and save her.

3. I can't comment on this but I think not. Vergil is part of the simulation. Maybe Mundus thinks Vergil is weaker than Dante anyways since he was corruptible.

4. Nope, Kat has a lot of overlap with Lady's character though.

5. That's his DT.

6. He sends the brothers some messages now and again. However it turns out it was actually Mundus luring them into a trap. Sparda is still a mystery.

7. He's a clone like Trish. Dante, presumably, is still out there.

Vergil

Vergil betrays Dante because he wants to use all of the ancient Devil Arms and rule Hell. Rather than dismantle the systems put in place by Simundus, he wants to take them over using his hacker skills and demonic might in order to ensure that the kind of violence and corruption that had previously occured will never happen again. He essentially wants complete control, to be an overseer.

Dante values the freedom of the people more, however, and stands opposed to Vergil in terms of ideology.

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
If its true ( which probably are not) then, the ending is pretty disappointing and creates even more plot hole.. Its very unlikely.

Dante47

An ending like that wouldn't work for DmC.
Considering that Ninja Theory wants to retell Dante's origins in a better explained way than the past games, it would seem futile to end the game like this, if you could even call this a legitimate ending.

Also, how come in most of these unconfirmed leaks, they skim over some of the more important plot details, but don't seem be afraid of describing in detail some of the already confirmed parts of the game?
Our friend the play-tester described Sparda's coat more than the actual climax of the game. Suspicious?

crush

We know sparda doesn't wear purple.
He gave Dante his powers so that is why his rebellion and red clothes are inherited to him.

m100t8s

If this was the ending. Then Capcom wouldn't just **** off the original DMC fans, Even the DmC fans will hate this end.

Gbraga

Honestly, I like it.

Specially this part: Coatless is on there too, you unlocked after the first mission.
Come at me hot Dante!

Evasive

Oh gosh !

D I N O S A U R

cloning + simulation(should call experimentation)
totally make me think the story direction from many official leaked cut-scene.
Think all-about it carefully ----- This must be the biggest troll you've ever seen.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I found this on /v/ yesterday and it seemed interesting, fake or not I think you guys might be interested in this. Here are all his posts.

Hey guys,

I see you've been getting some fake leaks recently. Well you rest assured that I am here to set the record straight, because **** this game and **** my job. $20 an hour is not worth my time on this ****, so I'm willing to risk it.

So a British studio pays in ...dollars?

m100t8s

Ok, This is totally fake. This guy read all the infos and fake leaked endings that came out for DmC and then came up with this fake ending, And anyway.. Why do these people always have to lie about everything in DmC? :blink:

Top Bottom