• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Supergirl TV show

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
why would it be taken less serious than for example video games, which for longest time were stuff for kids and losers living in their parents' basement?

Don't ask me, ask someone who actually considers videogames that way.
Also I guess because this looks way less "gritty" than say, Buffy, since you mentioned it. And the other shows you mentioned (didn't watch Angel though) were cheesy yes, but not as cheesy as this looks.

@KRSkull I stopped watching Arrow at season 2,and they already set up Flash there. Is there any episode where they even remotely setup Supergirl in later seasons? Or in Flash?

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You're missing out. Season 2 of Arrow was even better than the first and Flash is just fantastic. Even better than Arrow to be honest.

And just because it actually seems more lighthearted in tone and has a sense of humor, it doesn't mean its childish. Are you wanting everything to be like Nolan's Batman? Because that's why DC's movies are going down the drain. F#ck Man of Steel. And Buffy can indeed be cheesy if you watched it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Are you wanting everything to be like Nolan's Batman? Because that's why DC's movies are going down the drain.

No that's not why. The reason is the writing, not the tone.

But it's not the lightheart tone, in fact I enjoy Marvel movies for example. A lot. It's just that I don't find this just lighthearted, I find it lighthearted in a ridiculous way, especially the first part of the trailer. Granted, it may very well be that the silly parts are only, or for the most part, concentrated in the first episodes, or in the first part of the first episode of the show, because admittedly the second part of the trailer ain't that bad, so I think that might be the case.

For now I can only base my judgment on the trailer, and I'm lolling at it. Aside from the tone, the CGI looks very off and the costume to me looks an Amazing Spiderman spandex wannabe on the chest, and a cheerleader outfit when it comes to the skirt. Looks very cheap and more of a Supergirl cosplay. Although it may be because of the budget, I'll give it that, maybe it doesn't have a lot of budget.

KRSkull

@KRSkull I stopped watching Arrow at season 2,and they already set up Flash there. Is there any episode where they even remotely setup Supergirl in later seasons? Or in Flash?

I don't know i haven't watch Arrow or flash. But she did appear in smallville where both Arrow and Flash made an appearance in before they got their own show.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't know i haven't watch Arrow or flash. But she did appear in smallville where both Arrow and Flash made an appearance in before they got their own show.

Yeah I know i watched Smallville till season 7. But that's a different continuity isn't it?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

???

So, it's being pointed out that Supergirl might be related to the Arrow/Flash TV universe, I ask if there is any episode in those shows where that's been hinted, you respond by saying that you don't know but she appears in Smallville, which I've always thought it was a different universe altogether, Chancey confirms that by saying Smallville has nothing to to with these shows, you respond again tagging both Chancey and me saying that "it does in a way" but when I ask you in which way, you post a facepalm... ?

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Looks alright. Kinda what I expect from a Supergirl tv show.
So for DC shows we got

Arrow
Flash
Gotham
Supergirl
Lucifer
Titans
Preacher
Izombie

Good to see most of the DC comic shows are doing so well.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Good to see most of the DC comic shows are doing so well.
tumblr_n5g2tttA4e1qalb61o3_r3_250.gif

*angry old man grumbling *

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I hope Supergirl does well so I can get mt Wonder Women show. +_+ Need my super hero lady shows! And I need it now!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Or maybe they guy was cast as Jimmy because he auditioned and they liked him. For **** sake. I don't see any issue with Jimmy Olsen being black. His ethnicity didn't make his character. It's just Jimmy.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Because EVERYTHING has to be "by the comic" or some nerd ****** like that -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom