• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
he said eva was the sole reason that classic sparda betrayed his own kind
Nope, I didn't. Where did I say it was the SOLE reason? I said I think that it may be the reason people remembered him. About sparda fighting off the demons before he fell in love, well, yeah, my mistake.

lol please point me to the source outside of your fanfiction that says that sparda trained the kids -_-
Once again, did I say sparda trained his kids? No, I didn't. I said he left it to Eva.

And tone down your butthurt man, why are you taking this stuff so serious.

AlchemistFromEden

Nope, I didn't. Where did I say it was the SOLE reason? I said I think that it may be the reason people remembered him. About sparda fighting off the demons before he fell in love, well, yeah, my mistake.

Once again, did I say sparda trained his kids? No, I didn't. I said he left it to Eva.[/quote
"being able to fall in love with a human women and fight for her against his own kind."
"eva trained the kids"
neither of these things are true as eva is not the reason he that he randomly chose to fight against his own kind and eva ever trained dante or vergil -_-

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon

tumblr_mhrm12ykp01qiwcbgo1_1280.jpg

You sure now how to quote without the essential parts
"Also I THINK that the thing that made him a legend was the fact that he was a Demon, being able to fall in love with a human women and fight for her against his own kind."
As I said, my bad with messing up the time.

"giving Eva the time to raise and train his children to be the demon slayers they became."
Giving time and actually doing something are different things. Oh, and since when are we talking about Eva again?

You finding missconceptions in my writing won't change the facts regarding the actual topic at hand.

AlchemistFromEden

You sure now how to quote without the essential parts
"Also I THINK that the thing that made him a legend was the fact that he was a Demon, being able to fall in love with a human women and fight for her against his own kind."
As I said, my bad with messing up the time.

"giving Eva the time to raise and train his children to be the demon slayers they became."
Giving time and actually doing something are different things. Oh, and since when are we talking about Eva again?

You finding missconceptions in my writing won't change the facts regarding the actual topic at hand.
eva never trained dante or vergil, that never happened and it certainly was never implied, and he fell in love eva LONG after so his rebellion so i was just informing you that what you thought was not true

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
eva never trained dante or vergil, that never happened and it certainly was never implied, and he fell in love eva LONG after so his rebellion so i was just informing you that what you thought was not true
Did I say that what I THOUGHT was true?

And once again. I aknowledged that I messed up with the time of Sparda meeting Eva.

But there are some things that I KNOW and which are TRUE. Like Sparda not having a face and leaving his wife to die, the actual topic of discussion, from which we seem to have driven away from

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Yes, but it is stated he loved a human woman and fathered twins in the past as part of the legend, which means it's canon fact Eva was not his only mortal love...I still call it as the priestess who was Lady's ancestor

A female human priestess = Eva. The twins are Dante and Vergil.
The priestess (Lady's ancestor) was sacrificed or simply lent her blood to the ritual. Nothing more is said about it. You could assume he loved her and that she was the one who made him fond of humans, but you can't assume they had children, if that's what you're saying. If that's not what you're saying, sorry for the useless post :p

And what was that about Sparda not having a face? :p What about his face in DMC3, then?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I feel much like you - I think that the developers did a lazy job in expanding upon why classic Sparda is supposed to be seen as "legendary," because all they did was keep telling me he was. I'm just not wholly convinced :/

What, single-handedly defeating Mundus and saving the human world from hellish rule isn't enough? :S
Well, maybe not single-handedly, but still pretty much. I mean, humans definitely wouldn't be able to stand up to demons unless they had demonic power of their own. So yeah, seems pretty clear to me why Sparda was considered a legend. His compassion toward humans alone could be considered legendary. That, and his relationship with a human.

AlchemistFromEden

Did I say that what I THOUGHT was true?

And once again. I aknowledged that I messed up with the time of Sparda meeting Eva.

But there are some things that I KNOW and which are TRUE. Like Sparda not having a face and leaving his wife to die, the actual topic of discussion, from which we seem to have driven away from
what point of she sacrificed herself so that they could get away do you not seem capable of understanding?
"she gave her life..so that we could get away"
TRANSLATION:We would not have gotten away if not for eva

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
what point of she sacrificed herself so that they could get away do you not seem capable of understanding?
"she gave her life..so that we could get away"
TRANSLATION:We would not have gotten away if not for eva

I understood why SHE did this.
I don't undestand why SPARDA didn't.
He could by them more time, seeing that he was more capable as a warrior then Eva was.

Onecrazymonkey1

I understood why SHE did this.
I don't undestand why SPARDA didn't.
He could by them more time, seeing that he was more capable as a warrior then Eva was.

Considering Eva is an angel in the reboot I'm guessing she might be quite the capable warrior herself, that is if they modeled her after actual biblical angels. I at least hope they made her a bad ass and go into more detail in a DmC 2.

Anyway, was Sparda even in the mansion when Mundus showed up? I was under the impression that he got home when the drama was just starting to go down and was just too late to protect Eva. Either way, a good parents first priority is always their children, so I can understand why he took his kids and left instead of staying to fight.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Who could have done defending really doesn't matter, nor who is a better fighter. Obviously Eva could handle herself, especially against the Demon King, but in the end, Mundus is friggin' immortal, so it really doesn't matter who would have been better suited to fend off the attackers - they both would have been effed.

Not to mention Sparda went ahead and tried to fight after hiding his kids anyway. The parents seemed pretty much destined to end up in a similar fashion to how they did, no matter who did what :p

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
who said he was more capable as a warrior than eva? they were both mystical beings.
The fact that sparda was Mundus's Right Hand man seems enough.

I dunno what skills was Eva supposed to have, but judgin by her screaming "GET AWAY FROM ME, GET AWAY FROM ME" during your visit to the mansion, it really wasn't much.

And what do you mean by "they both are mystical beings"? Stygians are also a mystical beings, but they still suck :p

And a little of topic here, I really don't know if it should be considered, but Eva in VD seemed just pathetic. Tho as I said, I really don't know if it's just some Vergil's mind shanannigans or real stuff.

onecrazymonkey said:
Anyway, was Sparda even in the mansion when Mundus showed up?
Yeah, judging by once again hearing Eva calling for him during your visit to the mansion.

twoxacross said:
Mundus is friggin' immortal, so it really doesn't matter who would have been better suited to fend off the attackers - they both would have been effed.
It's a matter of time here. They both would get effed, sure, but it would take a different ammount of time, potentially giving the escaping family to go further away.

Onecrazymonkey1

I dunno what skills was Eva supposed to have, but judgin by her screaming "GET AWAY FROM ME, GET AWAY FROM ME" during your visit to the mansion, it really wasn't much.
yes, but Mundus is immortal. She could of put up one hell of a fight until she was worn out and tired. Just because she said that line does not mean that her fighting skills were worse than Spardas and neither does Sparda being Mundus right hand man mean he was more capable. Eva could have been God's right hand woman for all we know (if god exists in dmc); its nothing but speculation right now.

And what do you mean by "they both are mystical beings"? Stygians are also a mystical beings, but they still suck :p

Yeah, judging by once again hearing Eva calling for him during your visit to the mansion.
It was a huge mansion, He could have left for a couple of minutes to get a six pack from 7 eleven and Eva wouldn't know he was gone.

I hope you don't think I'm attacking you. I come in peace. :)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Once again, did I say sparda trained his kids? No, I didn't. I said he left it to Eva.

If Eva did train Dante and Vergil, then how was she able to get ripped to shreads by demons so easily?

And what was that about Sparda not having a face? :p What about his face in DMC3, then?

That wasn't Sparda. That was just Dante in Sparda's costume.

We weren't there. We didn't see if she was actually fighting them off while yelling that or not, so that's fan speculation.

They're low level demons, not high level creatures.

And a little of topic here, I really don't know if it should be considered, but Eva in VD seemed just pathetic. Tho as I said, I really don't know if it's just some Vergil's mind shanannigans or real stuff.

Well I naturally assumed that she lost her angelic powers because of losing her heart or the Angels took them away after finding out she was with Sparda.

It's a matter of time here. They both would get effed, sure, but it would take a different ammount of time, potentially giving the escaping family to go further away.

Actually it really wouldn't have mattered. Because Mundus is immortal and a demon king, Sparda would've lasted a few minutes more.
But he would still need to get back to get the kids out. Dante was in, as those Eva images he saw were his memories.

He probably hauled ass through that mansion just to find his family. The cons of living in such a huge house is that when you're in panic mode, you literally forget the barrings of your own home.:p

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
A female human priestess = Eva. The twins are Dante and Vergil.
The priestess (Lady's ancestor) was sacrificed or simply lent her blood to the ritual. Nothing more is said about it. You could assume he loved her and that she was the one who made him fond of humans, but you can't assume they had children, if that's what you're saying. If that's not what you're saying, sorry for the useless post :p

...Eva was born in the MODERN era, therefore, the legend of Sparda's twin sons is NOT relating to Dante and Vergil, they were only 19 in DMC3. That means he previously father's children with other human women. Since the priestess that died to seal temen-ni-gru is lady's direct ancestor, and All the OTHER people involve din the ritual needed to carry Sparda's blood, it can be concluded that it's likely that Lady's ancestors from that priestess were one of these twins told of in legend.

So there are at least two sets of twins fathered by Sparda; Dante and Vergil, and an earlier pair that are/were their elder siblings

Onecrazymonkey1

Why would i ;)
ha well I didn't know if I was coming off as aggressive. I like to let people know they're just my opinions because I don't want to seem like an ass.

But he would still need to get back to get the kids out. Dante was in, as those Eva images he saw were his memories.

I just thought that Dante was hiding in a closet or under the bed while watching his mother get murdered. I figured Sparda and Vergil went out some where and got back too late finding Dante holding his dead mother's body. I could have missed something but that's just how I interpreted the situation; bad timing and a bad stroke of luck for the family. I've always been more curious as to how Mundus can be so incompetent that a little boy slipped past him and was able to survive under his nose for years....but I guess immortality can't cure stupidity.

Top Bottom