• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
The DMC story was messed up already. DMC1: Dante hasn't seen Vergil since he was eight. DMC3: Yeah, saw him last year. Wut. I wouldn't even find it so odd if Dante and Vergil were meant to be 2000 years old. They obviously aren't, but still. Eva seems like a last minute addition, really. I mean, what if he had a relationship with that human priestess 2000 years back? I wouldn't be surprised. Nor would I be surprised if they had children. I keep thinking ''what if the guys now working for Platinum Games would have just continued with DMC after DMC1? Most likely the **** wouldn't have hit the fan.
It would have been like Castlevania right? Kamiya said that the sequel would have Dantes son as the main character

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
It would have been like Castlevania right? Kamiya said that the sequel would have Dantes son as the main character

Really? I did not know that :O But then we'd end up with something like Nero again. Being one quarter demon sucks aaaaasss.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Really? I did not know that :O But then we'd end up with something like Nero again. Being one quarter demon sucks aaaaasss.

Nero's not one Quarter, Quarter breeds do NOT start physically turning into a demon nor are "potentially more powerful" than a half breed. Nero is either another half breed, a 3/4ths breed, or a pure demon that was born looking human.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Well not necessarily we can't know for sure whether or not Dante's son would be like Nero heck Dante could have married a witch like in Bayonetta so he would be demon/human and a witch :D it would work pretty well considering DMC and Bayonetta exist in the same universe

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Nero's not one Quarter, Quarter breeds do NOT start physically turning into a demon nor are "potentially more powerful" than a half breed. Nero is either another half breed, a 3/4ths breed, or a pure demon that was born looking human.

I don't know whether or not Nero is a quarter demon, but if he's Vergil's son like so many people suggest, and if Vergil had him with a human, that would indeed make Nero one quarter demon. My avatar suggests Nero was meant to be a half-demon like Dante and Vergil, though.
My thoughts can be found in the thread Nero's Origins - What Do You Think?

The Devil Bringer is the enigma in DMC4, and honestly, I suspect it doesn't make any sense. They just needed a nice gameplay addition, and voilà, we present to you the Devil Bringer (and Nero).

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Well not necessarily we can't know for sure whether or not Dante's son would be like Nero heck Dante could have married a witch like in Bayonetta so he would be demon/human and a witch :D it would work pretty well considering DMC and Bayonetta exist in the same universe

Exist in the same universe? Sorry, but that's not the case.
Bayonetta is not set in the same universe, as far as I know. It's loosely based on DMC, but that's it. Pretty logical when you consider they wanted to continue with some kind of DMC-like game.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Exist in the same universe? Sorry, but that's not the case.
Bayonetta is not set in the same universe, as far as I know. It's loosely based on DMC, but that's it. Pretty logical when you consider they wanted to continue with some kind of DMC-like game.
Enzo who is mentioned in the dmc1 instruction booklet and is in the dmc3 manga is also in Bayonetta
Enzoferino.jpg

Bayonetta_Art_book_-_Enzo_%26_Dante_-_Poker.jpg

TheNoHeartedBeing

This is the thing i dont understand. Sparda lived for many years. Sparda rose through the ranks with Mundus. They have years and years decades and decades of experience. So how the heck is two dudes that thats only had i would say maybe 8 years of actual combat beat a demon king? I know i know "nephlim are the only ones that can defeat a demon king but, still. Mundus lived for thousands of years so how come two dudes that has no experience compared to mundus defeat him but Sparda a demon king himself cant? Now that dosnt make sense. DmC would have been better if Mundus got away or something like that.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I don't know whether or not Nero is a quarter demon, but if he's Vergil's son like so many people suggest, and if Vergil had him with a human, that would indeed make Nero one quarter demon. My avatar suggests Nero was meant to be a half-demon like Dante and Vergil, though.
My thoughts can be found in the thread Nero's Origins - What Do You Think?

The Devil Bringer is the enigma in DMC4, and honestly, I suspect it doesn't make any sense. They just needed a nice gameplay addition, and voilà, we present to you the Devil Bringer (and Nero).

People that buy into the "Nero = Vergil's continuity raping kid" scenario assume that his mother HAS to be human. Considering his physical transformation, it's more likely, with Vergil's disdain toward humans, that Nero, if to be considered Vergil Jr, would have a DEMON mother, or another Cambion if any others were running around. Meaning he'd be 3/4 demon.

I mean...~looks at Nevan~ there you go.

I still do not ascribe to it since it was dropped from the final story and game and only applies in the AU version Deadly Fortune.

Also, Kamiya has gone on record saying that as far as he and his team are concerned, yes, Bayonetta is set in the same universe, since Enzo is present in both, there is very unsubtle references to Eva and Sparda...

EllDawn

This is the thing i dont understand. Sparda lived for many years. Sparda rose through the ranks with Mundus. They have years and years decades and decades of experience. So how the heck is two dudes that thats only had i would say maybe 8 years of actual combat beat a demon king? I know i know "nephlim are the only ones that can defeat a demon king but, still. Mundus lived for thousands of years so how come two dudes that has no experience compared to mundus defeat him but Sparda a demon king himself cant? Now that dosnt make sense. DmC would have been better if Mundus got away or something like that.
Since Sparda and Mundus had fought together for so long, they'd know what to expect from each other. Throw in the fact that they were apart when Sparda left to be with Eva and, from the looks of it, spent more time trying to enjoy his life with her than training, Mundus would beat him because he was too relaxed.

As for why Dante and Vergil would be able to beat Mundus, it's like with serial killers. They go on for so long without getting caught that they make more mistakes with each kill. They become relaxed. Mundus was getting too relaxed with his position and too confident about killing Dante. Plus there's the fact he didn't know about Vergil. That left him wide open to making more mistakes than he would have in his prime. We also don't know how long it had been for Mundus to actually fight. In the game he was using minions rather than joining in the fight himself.

Onecrazymonkey1

As for why Dante and Vergil would be able to beat Mundus, it's like with serial killers. They go on for so long without getting caught that they make more mistakes with each kill. They become relaxed. Mundus was getting too relaxed with his position and too confident about killing Dante. Plus there's the fact he didn't know about Vergil. That left him wide open to making more mistakes than he would have in his prime. We also don't know how long it had been for Mundus to actually fight. In the game he was using minions rather than joining in the fight himself.

This! Mundus isn't known for his humility and is full of pride. I doubt he ever expected to lose to anyone let alone some punk kid like Dante. Arrogance can blind you and make you think you're better than you really are.

Sparda could have also been the skilled brute enforcer for Mundus when he came to power as the demon King, which is exactly how I would have pictured the Dante and Vergil relationship to turn out if they weren't at odds in the end. You don't have to be the best fighter to be on top.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Enzo who is mentioned in the dmc1 instruction booklet and is in the dmc3 manga is also in Bayonetta
Enzoferino.jpg

Bayonetta_Art_book_-_Enzo_%26_Dante_-_Poker.jpg

DMC3 manga isn't the same as the game. If they wanted to put Enzo in Bayonetta, they could do that without problems. The rest of the setting of Bayonetta doesn't exist in the DMC games. Bayonetta has Purgatorio, DMC does not. Figure it out. No offense, of course. It could be set in the same universe as DMC1 if they wanted it that way, but the rest of the DMC games were not really created by the same people who created DMC1, so Bayonetta is not connected to DMC3 or DMC4.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
People that buy into the "Nero = Vergil's continuity raping kid" scenario assume that his mother HAS to be human. Considering his physical transformation, it's more likely, with Vergil's disdain toward humans, that Nero, if to be considered Vergil Jr, would have a DEMON mother, or another Cambion if any others were running around. Meaning he'd be 3/4 demon.

I mean...~looks at Nevan~ there you go.

I still do not ascribe to it since it was dropped from the final story and game and only applies in the AU version Deadly Fortune.

Also, Kamiya has gone on record saying that as far as he and his team are concerned, yes, Bayonetta is set in the same universe, since Enzo is present in both, there is very unsubtle references to Eva and Sparda...

What physical transformation? You mean the Devil Bringer? You could also take that as a sign that Nero is not a half-demon like Dante, since Nero doesn't get an actual Devil Trigger. He needs help from Yamato to actually go into DT.

Of course, I don't believe Nero is Vergil's son. It just seems ridiculous to me. Vergil having a kid? A kid with a human or demon, it doesn't matter. Vergil hates demons and isn't exactly fond of humans either. And the timeline doesn't fit either. Vergil would be thirty in DMC4, and Nero is 19, so he had a child at the age of eleven? Yeaah... no.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
DMC3 manga isn't the same as the game. If they wanted to put Enzo in Bayonetta, they could do that without problems. The rest of the setting of Bayonetta doesn't exist in the DMC games. Bayonetta has Purgatorio, DMC does not. Figure it out. No offense, of course. It could be set in the same universe as DMC1 if they wanted it that way, but the rest of the DMC games were not really created by the same people who created DMC1, so Bayonetta is not connected to DMC3 or DMC4.
It wouldn't be that hard to make DMC and Bayonetta exist in the same universe we rarely see much of the world in the DMC universe we only see certain parts and the biggest would have been the Temnigru seeing how all the other locations were islands

Domenic93

there may be an explination for the mention of twin sons in the legend, it is very much a cop out but it would fit(somewhat), time travel

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Considering Eva is an angel in the reboot I'm guessing she might be quite the capable warrior herself, that is if they modeled her after actual biblical angels. I at least hope they made her a bad ass and go into more detail in a DmC 2.

Anyway, was Sparda even in the mansion when Mundus showed up? I was under the impression that he got home when the drama was just starting to go down and was just too late to protect Eva. Either way, a good parents first priority is always their children, so I can understand why he took his kids and left instead of staying to fight.
Eva didn't seem that great a warrior in Vergil's Downfall... I mean, I don't know if it's her or Kat screaming loudlier through the whole DLC...:/ And I admit I would have liked it more if she was openly portrayed as an angel warrior...

But there is one thing above all else that truly leaves me amazed: how come Sparda didn't notice he was taking his son to a orphanage run by DEMONS?!?! I can pass on the fact that he gave one of his sons (Vergil) better chances (but then, maybe it's just that he brought them to separate orphanages, and then Vergil was adopted later. But still, didn't he notice that Lamia's Orphanage (good name...) was run by demons? Why leave your son there?

Top Bottom