• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda.

ChibiVerg

Vergil: Small and Cute.
I just thought that Dante was hiding in a closet or under the bed while watching his mother get murdered. I figured Sparda and Vergil went out some where and got back too late finding Dante holding his dead mother's body. I could have missed something but that's just how I interpreted the situation; bad timing and a bad stroke of luck for the family. I've always been more curious as to how Mundus can be so incompetent that a little boy slipped past him and was able to survive under his nose for years....but I guess immortality can't cure stupidity.

Whoa that makes a lot of sense! Haha I've always viewed it as Sparda went out for something, Dante and Vergil were playing. Eva saw the demons breaking down their door, she ushers the two boys into closet/bed/cabinet/fridge/whatever and tries to fend off the demons for Sparda to return. Both boys are forced to watch their mother being brutally murdered, Dante rushes forward to hold his mother's lifeless body, Vergil is still in hiding too scared to move, Sparda returns and sees what happens... and well we know the rest from there.

But Onecrazymonkey's story probably makes the most sense. Vergil probably wouldn't be the scaredy cat in the closet... or would he?

Onecrazymonkey1

Whoa that makes a lot of sense! Haha I've always viewed it as Sparda went out for something, Dante and Vergil were playing. Eva saw the demons breaking down their door, she ushers the two boys into closet/bed/cabinet/fridge/whatever and tries to fend off the demons for Sparda to return. Both boys are forced to watch their mother being brutally murdered, Dante rushes forward to hold his mother's lifeless body, Vergil is still in hiding too scared to move, Sparda returns and sees what happens... and well we know the rest from there.

But Onecrazymonkey's story probably makes the most sense. Vergil probably wouldn't be the scaredy cat in the closet... or would he?

Well, both our interpretations are similar and vergil could have been too scared to come out of hiding. When I think about it now, Vergil does seem to be more insecure and feel inferior next to Dante. I don't really picture him jumping out of hiding if he was there. Anyway, I just thought the memories of them playing weren't necessarily the same day of the attack but just a mish mash of memories coming back to Dante all at once.

This is why I want a complete Vergil game from his perspective. where was he the day of the attack? how did he regain his memories? what was his relationship with his adoptive parents? his feelings for kat? him starting the order etc. I want in his head damn it! :p

but then I'm slightly obsessive :).

ChibiVerg

Vergil: Small and Cute.
This is why I want a complete Vergil game from his perspective. where was he the day of the attack? how did he regain his memories? what was his relationship with his adoptive parents? his feelings for kat? him starting the order etc. I want in his head damn it! :p

but then I'm slightly obsessive :).

Oh no no! I would love if we got a whole Vergil game from his perspective! But who knows maybe NT will give us little bits of Vergil in future DLCs.... and we'll have to put all the pieces together. But I've always wondered how he got his memories and the comics make it seem like Vergil and Kat fell in love in a matter of days. I want DETAILS!

I'm obsessive too, no worries.:D I'm sure if Vergil was real he'd have many stalkers.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
...Eva was born in the MODERN era, therefore, the legend of Sparda's twin sons is NOT relating to Dante and Vergil, they were only 19 in DMC3. That means he previously father's children with other human women. Since the priestess that died to seal temen-ni-gru is lady's direct ancestor, and All the OTHER people involve din the ritual needed to carry Sparda's blood, it can be concluded that it's likely that Lady's ancestors from that priestess were one of these twins told of in legend.

So there are at least two sets of twins fathered by Sparda; Dante and Vergil, and an earlier pair that are/were their elder siblings

Oops, I didn't mean to say the priestess was Eva. I meant to say the priestess was an ancestor of Lady (as you can see if you just read the rest of my comment).
And are you friggin kidding me? You seriously think Sparda had four twin sons or something? That's just moronic, sorry.

Nobody said he had children with that priestess. All we know is that her blood was used in the Temen-Ni-Gru. I don't believe it's even been said she was actually sacrificed. At the time, he needed his blood and that of a human priestess, no more. In the 2000s or so, when Vergil tried to open the Hell Gate, he needed Sparda's blood again (which is the same as his and Dante's blood, obviously) and that of a human. No difference, just different people.

Is it so hard to understand? Sparda's blood and the blood of a human priestess or her descendants.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
That wasn't Sparda. That was just Dante in Sparda's costume.

Oh sorry. Yeah, sure, his appearance when in that costume is not designed to look anything like Sparda, right? Bull.
I know it's hard to imagine Sparda looking so much like Dante and Vergil, but that's the whole idea. Dante and Vergil represent the two sides of Sparda (red and blue). I wouldn't find it so odd that they looked so much alike. Remember, DMC is not a realistic game. It's not like Capcom went ''Sparda should look like an obese male lesbian, herp derp!''.

Besides, it's not literally a costume; it's his appearance. Just like an unlimited Devil Trigger form isn't really a costume as much as it is a physical form.

AlchemistFromEden

Besides, it's not literally a costume; it's his appearance. Just like an unlimited Devil Trigger form isn't really a costume as much as it is a physical form.
and just like the fact that unlimited devil trigger is physical like the sparda costume they are both non canon extra aspects and don't affect anything, so yes, just like chris using his stars uniform or sheva dressing like hunnigan, its just a costume

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh sorry. Yeah, sure, his appearance when in that costume is not designed to look anything like Sparda, right? Bull.
I know it's hard to imagine Sparda looking so much like Dante and Vergil, but that's the whole idea. Dante and Vergil represent the two sides of Sparda (red and blue). I wouldn't find it so odd that they looked so much alike. Remember, DMC is not a realistic game. It's not like Capcom went ''Sparda should look like an obese male lesbian, herp derp!''.

No, that really is Dante in Sparda's costume, hairstyle, sword, guns, and monechale. Yeah Sparda could look like the twins, but that's not the real Sparda. That's Dante in Sparda's costume. Its not meant to actually be Sparda.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
No, that really is Dante in Sparda's costume, hairstyle, sword, guns, and monechale. Yeah Sparda could look like the twins, but that's not the real Sparda. That's Dante in Sparda's costume. Its not meant to actually be Sparda.

Perhaps not literally, but he sure as hell would look exactly like him. I see no reason why Dante couldn't have a costume that looked exactly like Sparda. He has Sparda's Devil Trigger too, so his outward appearance definitely isn't an issue. Dante could change into deformed Sparda/Arkham if he wanted, as it's a costume. Although I do realize Sparda's appearance is never shown outside of those costumes (except in a concept art painting of Sparda and Eva, I believe).

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
And are you friggin kidding me? You seriously think Sparda had four twin sons or something? That's just moronic, sorry.
In Vergil's prologue for DMC3:Se, Arkham quotes an old story about Sparda fathering twin boys. Since Vergil and Dante are 19 in DMC3, verified by Itsuno in production interviews, that means the old story CANNOT be about them. Conclusion; Sparda has fathered twin sons prior to the DMC twins. HOW is that so hard to understand? It's foolishness to assume that it WAS about a couple of 19 year old young men who the world didn't even KNOW were the Sons of Sparda at the time.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
In Vergil's prologue for DMC3:Se, Arkham quotes an old story about Sparda fathering twin boys. Since Vergil and Dante are 19 in DMC3, verified by Itsuno in production interviews, that means the old story CANNOT be about them. Conclusion; Sparda has fathered twin sons prior to the DMC twins. HOW is that so hard to understand? It's foolishness to assume that it WAS about a couple of 19 year old young men who the world didn't even KNOW were the Sons of Sparda at the time.

Sparda fathering Dante and Vergil is the legend. It doesn't matter if it's not a very old legend.
Besides, I remember Arkham bringing up that story, but nobody ever said it was an old story. Arkham never said that happened 2000 years ago or anything of the sort. Why the heck would he even bring it up? Just for Capcom to say ''forget about them, Dante and Vergil are your guys''?

Heck, nobody might even have read those books in the Temen-Ni-Gru library, so it doesn't even have to be a legend. Though I doubt Sparda having twin sons went completely unnoticed, as you seem to think. Mundus knew about them, and pretty much every demon in DMC3 seemed to know.

F***, the whole concept of DMC revolved around Vergil and Dante. Not four twin brothers, TWO. What makes Dante and Vergil so special, other than having gotten two pieces of the amulet?

Sorry if this comes across as aggressive, but if you just play the games again, you might get a clearer understanding of things.

I know what you were referring to concerning Arkham:

But I take it differently. He starts by saying the old tale of Sparda rebelling etc etc, then he says ''then what ARE you looking for?'' and he starts talking about Sparda impregating a human woman and he says ''THAT's the story, isn't it?'' What he means is that that story is more interesting to him and that he's planning something. If his intonation were correct, that would be clear, but sadly, it sounds like he's talking about the same thing.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I have a perfectly clear understanding; Sparda has fathered children. In 2000 years, Eva cannot be the only human woman he fathered Cambion children with. The fact that this story was in the old books of Arkham's library, the fact that Dante was very surprised that Arkham knew he was a son of Sparda, the fact that It's known Sparda had a inclination toward mortal women and probably turned on Hell as a result of his "abborent" love of a human woman means that the story of these twins is NOT Dante and Vergil; it says that it's know he's fathered sons before.

Arkham went on a hunch that Vergil was looking for information on Sparda, he didn't know for sure until AFTER vergil told him who he was. Therefore, yeah, there had to be previous childredn of sparda. Stop making up "oh, it's clearly a RECENT story" when it clear was not. I have the damn cinemas on my Ipod and can recheck any time. The Demons and Mundus know before they specifically hunted Eva and the twins down. Why would HUMANS know about the boys when they have no reason to know every details of Sparda's modern life when the humans at large thought he was a MYTH?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I have a perfectly clear understanding; Sparda has fathered children. In 2000 years, Eva cannot be the only human woman he fathered Cambion children with. The fact that this story was in the old books of Arkham's library, the fact that Dante was very surprised that Arkham knew he was a son of Sparda, the fact that It's known Sparda had a inclination toward mortal women and probably turned on Hell as a result of his "abborent" love of a human woman means that the story of these twins is NOT Dante and Vergil; it says that it's know he's fathered sons before.

Arkham went on a hunch that Vergil was looking for information on Sparda, he didn't know for sure until AFTER vergil told him who he was. Therefore, yeah, there had to be previous childredn of sparda. Stop making up "oh, it's clearly a RECENT story" when it clear was not. I have the damn cinemas on my Ipod and can recheck any time. The Demons and Mundus know before they specifically hunted Eva and the twins down. Why would HUMANS know about the boys when they have no reason to know every details of Sparda's modern life when the humans at large thought he was a MYTH?

I'm not saying he didn't have any other children; I'm saying Dante and Vergil are the twins of legend (or of story, not necessarily legend, to put it more accurately).

The story of Sparda fathering Vergil and Dante is not in the old books in Arkham's library. Watch the cutscene again. He only says the legend of Sparda's rebellion is in there. Then he starts talking about Sparda impregnating Eva and says ''THAT's the story, isn't it?'' Doesn't say anything about it being part of the same legend as Sparda rebelling.

Dante being surprised that Arkham knew he was Sparda's son doesn't say much. Arkham has done his research, after all. Even Sanctus knows Dante is Sparda's son. He may well have been in love with that priestess, but children? Nothing is said about that. Only Vergil and Dante are known to be his offspring.

I posted the cutscene right there in my previous post. Starts from the very beginning. I'm not going to respond again, because you don't seem to want to even hear me out. Not making up anything, just check the cutscene and use your brain. Not in any other games have other twin sons of Sparda been mentioned. Why? Because there were only TWO twins: Dante and Vergil. Look, the DMC series doesn't make much sense anyway. Maybe they wanted Vergil and Dante to actually be 2000 years old. We just don't know. That Mundus eventually knew about Sparda having sons is just a way to start the DMC story.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I'm not saying he didn't have any other children; I'm saying Dante and Vergil are the twins of legend (or of story, not necessarily legend, to put it more accurately).

The story of Sparda fathering Vergil and Dante is not in the old books in Arkham's library. Watch the cutscene again. He only says the legend of Sparda's rebellion is in there. Then he starts talking about Sparda impregnating Eva and says ''THAT's the story, isn't it?''

You just said there's no where there were any other sets of twins fathered by Sparda that may have inspired the story Arkham related to Vergil. Since the twins are only 19 in DMC3(18 for vergil as of his prologue video since he met Arkham a year prior during the Manga's events), HOW THE HELL IS THERE A STORY ABOUT THEM?!

Facts, Logic, conclusion. You ignored two of those vital factors. You do not wish to acknowledge these even after I repeatedly stated them., and thus like them to you, you no longer exist.

DragonMaster2010

Y'know. Thinking about it now, what if Nero was born from a woman back then who was with Sparda and her bloodline mixed with Sparda's to make a generation of other children.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
You just said there's no where there were any other sets of twins fathered by Sparda that mayu have ispired the story Arkham related to Vergil. Since the twins are only 19 in DMC3(18 for vergil as of his prologue video since he met Arkham a year prior during the Manga's events), HOW THE HELL IS THERE A STORY ABOUT THEM?!

Facts, Logic, conclusion. You ignored two of those vital factors. You do not wish to acknowledge these even after I repeatedly stated them., and thus like them to you, you no longer exist.

I said I don't think Sparda had four twin sons. I said he may have had other children, but definitely not four twins. Like I said, there isn't a story about Dante and Vergil, or it was recently written. Arkham talks about the legend of Sparda's rebellion, and THEN he starts talking about Sparda impregnating Eva. The two are not the same story. One story is the 2000 year old story or so (Sparda's rebellion) and the other is the one he wants to hear from Vergil (''share with me the story of Sparda'').

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Y'know. Thinking about it now, what if Nero was born from a woman back then who was with Sparda and her bloodline mixed with Sparda's to make a generation of other children.

That is possible, I'd say. Though he is NOT a 2000 year old twin of Dante and Vergil. Kidding :p

AlchemistFromEden

You just said there's no where there were any other sets of twins fathered by Sparda that may have inspired the story Arkham related to Vergil. Since the twins are only 19 in DMC3(18 for vergil as of his prologue video since he met Arkham a year prior during the Manga's events), HOW THE HELL IS THERE A STORY ABOUT THEM?!

the more you guys discuss the story the more i think that this game's story would've been so much better off as a manga or anime than an actual game due to all of the plotholes that could be explained by flashbacks and different arcs

DragonMaster2010

the more you guys discuss the story the more i think that this game's story would've been so much better off as a manga or anime than an actual game due to all of the plotholes that could be explained by flashbacks and different arcs

Or plotholes should just be explained in mangas or novels.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
The DMC story was messed up already. DMC1: Dante hasn't seen Vergil since he was eight. DMC3: Yeah, saw him last year. Wut. I wouldn't even find it so odd if Dante and Vergil were meant to be 2000 years old. They obviously aren't, but still. Eva seems like a last minute addition, really. I mean, what if he had a relationship with that human priestess 2000 years back? I wouldn't be surprised. Nor would I be surprised if they had children. I keep thinking ''what if the guys now working for Platinum Games would have just continued with DMC after DMC1? Most likely the **** wouldn't have hit the fan.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Or plotholes should just be explained in mangas or novels.
They tried that one with the DMC3 manga...artist quit before Code 3 and fans cried "not-canon, never fisnihed and I don't like it!". They also tried it again with the Chronicles of Vergil Comics....fans still whined "not canon because I just don't like it!"

Top Bottom