• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda.

Onecrazymonkey1

Eva didn't seem that great a warrior in Vergil's Downfall... I mean, I don't know if it's her or Kat screaming loudlier through the whole DLC...:/ And I admit I would have liked it more if she was openly portrayed as an angel warrior...

I can see that but I also don't really believe that was Eva. I think that she represented Vergil's last bit of humanity. Basically I think his sane side was trying to reason with itself and he just symbolically destroyed what was left of the good in him in that scene. In my opinion of coarse. But yes I would have liked to see her in action.

But there is one thing above all else that truly leaves me amazed: how come Sparda didn't notice he was taking his son to a orphanage run by DEMONS?!?! I can pass on the fact that he gave one of his sons (Vergil) better chances (but then, maybe it's just that he brought them to separate orphanages, and then Vergil was adopted later. But still, didn't he notice that Lamia's Orphanage (good name...) was run by demons? Why leave your son there?

Yeah I definitely don't know how this slipped by Sparda and I really think that him and Eva should have had a plan for their kids if tragedy struck. They already should have had some friend they could trust that could take them in. Like Phineas or something

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Eva is a mistery... U_U

I've got this idea in my mind: what if Vergil's foster parents were in fact Sparda's friends who knew everything? They kept his son safe, and then told him the truth about his origins. (This doesn't still explain why Sparda brought Dante to St. Lamia...)
Ok, this is just my imagination at work, and surely far from canon, but still... it's possible, as in, not contradictory with the canon.
Canon-wise, probably Vergil is just too smart for his own good and figured it all out by himself somehow...

ChibiVerg

Vergil: Small and Cute.
Well considering someone told Vergil he was in a really bad car accident I think something was up from the start. I don't know if Sparda told the orphanages the stories to tell to his sons or they just made something up eventually....Plus we don't know if Vergil went to an orphanage, Sparda could have given him directly to the foster family.

Heres another idea up in the air. What happens if Sparda could sense that Dante and Vergil could survive and prosper the most in the environments he placed them in. Like maybe he wanted Dante to unlock more of his powers and so he put him in really bad conditions which would eventually force Dante to unlock hidden potential. And Sparda could have sensed that Vergil needed a human upbringing because he knew that if Vergil was left with the demons he got wacko way too soon. So putting Vergil in an ideal and "happy" situation is to ensure he develops that "human heart".

Besides we don't know what the two twins were like personality wise when they were younger. So maybe Dante showed signs of understanding to love humans early on while Vergil didn't. But Vergil could have been a genius with his powers and Dante a little slow. So in his last effort to save his sons he put them in situations that would help them grow in their weaker areas.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Well considering someone told Vergil he was in a really bad car accident I think something was up from the start. I don't know if Sparda told the orphanages the stories to tell to his sons or they just made something up eventually....Plus we don't know if Vergil went to an orphanage, Sparda could have given him directly to the foster family.

Heres another idea up in the air. What happens if Sparda could sense that Dante and Vergil could survive and prosper the most in the environments he placed them in. Like maybe he wanted Dante to unlock more of his powers and so he put him in really bad conditions which would eventually force Dante to unlock hidden potential. And Sparda could have sensed that Vergil needed a human upbringing because he knew that if Vergil was left with the demons he got wacko way too soon. So putting Vergil in an ideal and "happy" situation is to ensure he develops that "human heart".

Besides we don't know what the two twins were like personality wise when they were younger. So maybe Dante showed signs of understanding to love humans early on while Vergil didn't. But Vergil could have been a genius with his powers and Dante a little slow. So in his last effort to save his sons he put them in situations that would help them grow in their weaker areas.
Well, at least that does make more sense than just Sparda being...inattentive.

Onecrazymonkey1

Besides we don't know what the two twins were like personality wise when they were younger. So maybe Dante showed signs of understanding to love humans early on while Vergil didn't.
I think it's pretty cool how all the graffiti art in the game basically tell their life story etc. I also think this picture of Dante as a child is pretty telling as he is the one shedding tears in the pic and not Vergil.
tumblr_mj4i6c2qaG1s5jurlo1_500.jpg

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Well, I don't get it.
If I understood right, when Mundus and his forces were invading Sparda's and Evas house, Sparda just grabbed the kids and ran away or smth.
WTH?
Why would he leave his wife. Why didn't he try to send his wife away with his children instead, and stay in the mansion himself, to buy his family some time?

And why didn't NT show us his face? I seriously think that they were like
"-Ergh... dunno, what can we do with his face?
-Just hide it, lol"
we never really did see sparda's face (until DMC3) but i think since eva was an angel warrior, she wanted to sacrifice herself to save her family. sparda might have protested but knew that she was not the person to argue with

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder if Sparda would actually be alive. He can just watch over Dante and Vergil from a distance. He can be the "Kevin Flynn" in DmC.

Can anyone see him as the appearance of the "old" Dante? But with a small ponytail and scruffy bear?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Wonder if Sparda would actually be alive. He can just watch over Dante and Vergil from a distance. He can be the "Kevin Flynn" in DmC.

Can anyone see him as the appearance of the "old" Dante? But with a small ponytail and scruffy bear?

It'll be hard to watch over them in an inescapable prison of unlimited doom and despair.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
Well, I don't get it.
If I understood right, when Mundus and his forces were invading Sparda's and Evas house, Sparda just grabbed the kids and ran away or smth.
WTH?
Why would he leave his wife. Why didn't he try to send his wife away with his children instead, and stay in the mansion himself, to buy his family some time?

-Just hide it, lol"

Alot is left to the imagination, which is annoying. Hopefully the next will explain some more. I just kind of assumed that Eva tried to fight Mundus and during the battle Sparda grabbed his sons and hid them. Afterwards he went to confront his old friend..........................battle follows, Sparda looses and is imprisoned. but that is how I like to think it went down.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Well, I don't get it.
WTH?

-Just hide it, lol"
It's a set up, like they're planning to reveal Sparda's face for the future. Sparda was long dead in the originals, but in this he is still alive somewhere being tortured. The same with Dante and Vergil's amulets, their real purpose isn't revealed in this version yet and Phineas hinting Dante is yet to discover his full potential with his devil trigger.

For Eva, there was a deleted piece of audio from Mission 2 where Eva says to Sparda about him being the strongest to protect their sons and they would meet up later like they planned. So it seems like they did intent to all escape and something went wrong with their plan [thus why Sparda is on his own when he takes Dante to the orphanage]. Eva might've used herself as a distraction to help them escape, but might not have been a fighter and needed Sparda to protect their sons to if any demons followed or found them later.

In most circumstances you'd think the father/husband would be the one make the sacrifice, the problem is though if he had been the one to do this, got himself killed, then nothing could've stopped Mundus or the demons killing Eva, Dante and Vergil. The two were only 7 years old at the time, so there wouldn't have been much that they could've done.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
For Eva, there was a deleted piece of audio from Mission 2 where Eva says to Sparda about him being the strongest to protect their sons and they would meet up later like they planned. So it seems like they did intent to all escape and something went wrong with their plan [thus why Sparda is on his own when he takes Dante to the orphanage]. Eva might've used herself as a distraction to help them escape, but might not have been a fighter and needed Sparda to protect their sons to if any demons followed or found them later.

Ooh, thanks for pointing that out, I've got the text version of the deleted audio lines, but it's great to hear some of it outloud. Very touching moment.

It's always been my personal theory that Eva was a fighter, but that what went wrong with the plan was that she and Sparda never expected Mundus himself to show up at their home. Mundus shows that he's extremely reluctant to leave his tower for any reason when the game takes place, possibly it was the same in the past. So maybe Eva and Sparda assumed they'd just be dealing with Dreamrunners and Drekavac at worst. As the strongest, it would have made more sense for Sparda to hold Mundus off while Eva escaped with the kids, but I don't believe Eva knew it would be necessary until Mundus came through the door. And by then, it was too late.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That's true. But since Limbo & Earth are merged. Maybe he can somehow escape.

Last time I checked Sparda was sealed away or banished in a prison in hell it seems or a place they couldn't reach him. Vergil even said he ain't coming back. Meaning its in a plane that they can't reach (the deeper levels of hell most likely), a plane deeper than Limbo and Earth.

IncarnatedDemon

we dont know details surrounding Eva and Sparda and the murder.
as for PG they are very good with gameplay, thats their specialty.
they also can tell a decent story.

And according to Bayo , Eva was a witch.

Top Bottom