• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So, why is this acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Okay, so apparently I'm not allowed to enjoy the game anymore because of a series of stupid images.

Alright, have it your way guys. Apparently I have to disown DmC now, even though it's a pretty fun game all-in-all.

BTW, I've thought every version of Dante after 2 was ridiculous and Nero was a breath of fresh air. Cue the ranting and raving...
Its not about game. It is about Ninja Theory stupid behaviour. They are proud from their game, fine it is fruit of their work.
But this? After 3 years arguing with fanbase give nothing good they still want to continue that. Someone still cant learn from his own mistakes.

2q365

But yeah, Ninja Theory being as arrogant as ever.

I share your frustration since I am aswell, a devilspawn of the internet. :3
Wait, so they are thinking that DmC in on same level as Fight Club? Emperor help me...

Onecrazymonkey1

I'm not sure if I'm getting the vibe that they're mocking the entire fan-base just from the pictures. I think they're just trying to establish the look of reboot Dante as an everyman kind of style. If they're just mocking Dante, I could care less if some gaming company mocks a fictional character I like, I can take a joke and even mock stuff I like all the time. However to come to a full conclusion I would have to hear what's being said and have more than just pictures. Either way, whether NT and Capcom are assholes is besides the point; I'm still going to play and enjoy the hell out of a DmC2 and DMC5 if they get made.

I am kind of iffy about the brokeback mountain picture though. I really hope it's not a joke about homosexuality because than it would **** me off. :/

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay seriously, what the hell? Can't we all just f*cking get along? No, we all have to have super tunnel vision and try to say that everyone who doesn't agree with us is a goddamned lunatic, or is just trying to get a rise out of us by pointing out the insults in their posts while ignoring well thought-out opinions.

If you make a thread, you can damn well expect that there will be people who do not agree with you who will reply to share their side of things. Okay, sure, maybe he was a little out of line by saying that he thinks you get pretty upset about this kind of thing, but I think he kind of has a point. Why get so up in arms about Dante? He's literally just strings of code made to look pretty for the viewers, with a nice voice to tie it up and a personality with the consistency of jell-o. You seem to be so sure in your views that you will not accept that anyone could possibly disagree with you or, *GASP*, dislike your opinion. That's just plain insane, right?

Phew... Sorry for the rant, but this kind of sh*t gets on my nerves. And I'm 100% certain I've just started a flame war, but I don't give a flying f*ck because I've had this bottled up for THREE F*CKING YEARS NOW.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I'However to come to a full conclusion I would have to hear what's being said and have more than just pictures.

This is what i have been thinking too like right now. But i'm gonna be honest that i'm shaking my head the first time i see those images.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
"I'm a fan of the series"
"The series was never good apart from the first game"
"DMC fans are the worst"
"Why are DMC fans getting mad when they're mocked"
"He's a fictional character"
"Muh big boss"

No seriously the **** he posts. What the **** is he even doing here? I'm not going to put him on my ignore list because that still doesn't hide the fact he's trying to get a rise out of people. Holy ****.
You forgot the Raiden hate. Always make me chuckle.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Back on topic.
NT is wrong for doing this.
Blahblahblah.
insert hate and witty remark here
insert cussing and being mean to one another here.
And finally, I'm going to take away people's candies for being rude.
nocandie_zpsc9ff53e1.gif

I guess they are for real, my bad. Wow, well, at least it was only a few slides in beginning. And obviously it was just a playful joke for the attendees considering all the developers probably know about the backlash the game received. I mean you can't take the fight club picture with Western Grounded Stylish seriously, they're mocking both western and eastern expectations.

If you make a thread, you can damn well expect that there will be people who do not agree with you who will reply to share their side of things. Okay, sure, maybe he was a little out of line by saying that he thinks you get pretty upset about this kind of thing, but I think he kind of has a point. Why get so up in arms about Dante? He's literally just strings of code made to look pretty for the viewers, with a nice voice to tie it up and a personality with the consistency of jell-o. You seem to be so sure in your views that you will not accept that anyone could possibly disagree with you or, *GASP*, dislike your opinion. That's just plain insane, right?

Just like how I should never connect to anyone in a book because they are just words.
Just like how I should never try and connect to a character in a movie, because they are just a character. Nothing more.

Anything goes on this forum.
Such is life in the house of the devil may cry community.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If I get reported again then that just wouldn't be fair. (I didn't even know I was banned though, I was camping with some friends, I had no internet access for like 5 days) I believe I was reported for telling 1 member here to shut up after I just didn't want to get involved in some over dramatic comment he replied. I just said "whatever" and was treated with a extreme response like "you can't just disregard my opinion and leave!" Like I was suppose to stick around and respond to his silly post. I just responded with a simple "calm down and shut up."

But it's totally cool to post these kind of threads which the admins said "hey, no hating on DmC in the DmC threads." And the people who seriously and obviously post these passive aggressive trolling post on attacking the DmC supporters get a free pass and is totally fine right? I'm just honest and sometimes very blunt about it. Sorry but that's just me. If I insult a fictional character like Dante then I'm also somehow insulting fans. Man whatever.

h2DF8C44D

STAY AWESOME GUYS.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Just like how I should never connect to anyone in a book because they are just words.
Just like how I should never try and connect to a character in a movie, because they are just a character. Nothing more.

Anything goes on this forum.
Such is life in the house of the devil may cry community.
You can connect if you want but you guys are acting like they went for you. Once again he is a fictional character, you can connect and you can love him but nothing really "affects" you, you didnt lose your job or your home or your friends and family because ninja "tried" to make a joke.

GF9000000Returns

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/29031133.html

There goes your attempt at a witty post to put me in my place

Even if it is real, SO F*CKING WHAT! They are just expressing their opinion about the old Dante. It's YOU and the other old fans who are taking it by heart! Seriously? It's just a fictional character! Not everyone will think that Dante looks awesome.

I've grown tired of arguing over a freaking video game.
h484B3B32

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
A shame we might not see DmC Dante again. I really like his coat.
dmc1.jpg

Dante: People still hate me for no real reason? YOLO bro.

Terrutas

Even if it is real, SO F*CKING WHAT! They are just expressing their opinion about the old Dante. It's YOU and the other old fans who are taking it by heart! Seriously? It's just a fictional character! Not everyone will think that Dante looks awesome.

h484B3B32
Then leave the forum. If you're not here to talk about video games you have no business here.

h484B3B32

Wow. This argument is really popular today isn't it? Getting desperate aren't we? If book writers didn't make characters we can connect with then they are not doing a good job writing are they? Same applies to games that are narrative heavy and movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom