• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So, why is this acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Having fun at others' expense is never, EVER acceptable.

And when they compare aspects of their Dante to DMC Dante, and portraying DMC Dante's aspects as negative, that's mockery.
We don't fully know that yet, man.
All we've seen is pictures, not a video of what they are saying.
It's a terrible perspective of just using pictures to go on the limb and say they are making fun of old fans. Maybe they can tell the joke, and others can't take it? Maybe they are being serious?
Maybe it's all Tameem's fault. And I know "But he represents NT." Meaning they all follow behind him and what he does, well that's wrong. Obama represents my country but I don't follow him, listen to him, and agree with him. I'm saying, wipe away Tameem, you'll see a better company.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
What the hell are you talking about?

That's not even what I'm saying. The series won't be continued and therefore, they're replacing what I love with what I don't like. And then, when they get the appropriate reception (which is failure) they start acting like rockstars and mocking everyone instead of trying to talk to the fanbase.

I ask again.
What's your point?
The legacy is there, you can still play your favorite series(i think its your fav) but it all has to end eventually. I love shadow of the colossaus(i would love another one with even crazier fights) but it has lived its due(i can still get the same enjoyment as if it was my first time playing it) you should too; be proud to say you lived a legacy not that you lived to see the fall of devil may cry and would you really feel happy if one day you said "cant wait to play devil may cry 15"

Terrutas

The legacy is there, you can still play your favorite series(i think its your fav) but it all has to end eventually. I love shadow of the colossaus(i would love another one with even crazier fights) but it has lived its due(i can still get the same enjoyment as if it was my first time playing it) you should too; be proud to say you lived a legacy not that you lived to see the fall of devil may cry and would you really feel happy if one day you said "cant wait to play devil may cry 15"
That's the thing, it didn't have to end. They replaced it for not much reason.

And why does it matter? Just because everything has to end doesn't mean they have the right to mock the entire fan base to make themselves somehow look better when they're actually just spiting hate out of people.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Having fun at others' expense is never, EVER acceptable.

And when they compare aspects of their Dante to DMC Dante, and portraying DMC Dante's aspects as negative, that's mockery.
The original Dante can be mocked pretty easily though. I mean just look at the guy. Quit freaking getting all anal about it geez. If you make fun of Dante do you feel as if you will get burned at the stake or something or it's like forbidden in your vocabulary? I can make fun of both versions of Dante. No skin off my bones. He's a fictional character that sets himself up for ridicule anyway.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay, so apparently I'm not allowed to enjoy the game anymore because of a series of stupid images.

Alright, have it your way guys. Apparently I have to disown DmC now, even though it's a pretty fun game all-in-all.

BTW, I've thought every version of Dante after 2 was ridiculous and Nero was a breath of fresh air. Cue the ranting and raving...

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I was unaware that all copies of dmc1-4 and hd collections were destroyed.
Yeah man I got home today to play some DMC3 and when I was about to put it in my ps2 it burst into flames same thing happened to my DMC1,2, and 4 copies I called up my friend and the same thing happened to him its just plain bizarre

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
HeadShake.gif

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Yeah man I got home today to play some DMC3 and when I was about to put it in my ps2 it burst into flames same thing happened to my DMC1,2, and 4 copies I called up my friend and the same thing happened to him its just plain bizarre
You get a cookie cause i imagined that entire thing happening in my mind and it was hilarious

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Okay, so apparently I'm not allowed to enjoy the game anymore because of a series of stupid images.

Alright, have it your way guys. Apparently I have to disown DmC now, even though it's a pretty fun game all-in-all.

BTW, I've thought every version of Dante after 2 was ridiculous and Nero was a breath of fresh air. Cue the ranting and raving...
Yea I'm with you. Every version of Dante after 2 was just stupid. 2 was just a mute with a silly outfit. I can't really hate him because he just quiet. It's like he was dead or something. Nero was just pointless and I just don't care about him either so it doesn't matter. Nero wasn't the problem of why DMC4 is bad.

The original Dante can be mocked pretty easily though. I mean just look at the guy. Quit freaking getting all anal about it geez. If you make fun of Dante do you feel as if you will get burned at the stake or something or it's like forbidden in your vocabulary? I can make fun of both versions of Dante. No skin off my bones. He's a fictional character that sets himself up for ridicule anyway.

The **** you ****ing post man.

"I'm not baiting honest"

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
But seriously Dante's world is different then ours I mean its got this whole 40's- 50's vibe going on for it or atleast thats what I think when I rewatch the anime or play some of the games yeah his clothes is silly but it fits for that universe heck most fantasy games have strange clothing, but lets be honest nothing beats Dante1's outfit
dante_anime_devil_may_cry_by_fubuki_arts-d5tfyly.png

Its not as weird as DMC3 or 4's outfit and for me it practically screams badass

"I'm a fan of the series"
"The series was never good apart from the first game"
"DMC fans are the worst"
"Why are DMC fans getting mad when they're mocked"
"He's a fictional character"
"Muh big boss"

No seriously the **** he posts. What the **** is he even doing here? I'm not going to put him on my ignore list because that still doesn't hide the fact he's trying to get a rise out of people. Holy ****.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Just ignore him Cherry, Report his post and be done with it.

He's not worth our time.
Is this thread really worth anyones time? It is just a (and stay with me here) thread to hate on DmC which i believe violates the rules of said thread section

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The **** you ******* post man.

"I'm not baiting honest"
Because I'm pointing out the obvious? Are you guys somehow not getting uptight about it? I'm just saying Dante was easy to make fun of in the original series and then now I will be accused of liking DmC Dante better and here's the real truth, I think Dante in DmC is just as stupid as the one that came before him. The ONLY Dante I like is the DMC 1 version. Seriously everything afterwards I just don't care. I play the games for being a video game. Not expecting to find Dante very compelling as a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom