• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So, why is this acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DmC: Devil May Cry whining has died down. Most people don't want nothing to do with it anymore and just want to move on. Regardless if they liked it or not.

So what do Ninja Theory do at GDC? (Games Developer Conference)
They show these images

bIrr47O.jpg

What are they trying to prove in that first image?
len4Lup.jpg

How about that one? Dante looks like a cowboy and looks pretty silly I dig that, whatever but why did they choose two cowboys from Brokeback mountain? They could pull any cowboy image that want but why those two particular men? If you don't know them, those two are homosexuals. Are they making fun of Dante by saying he belongs with two homosexual cowboys? That's kinda offensive to gay people.
tqXVp1D.jpg

And how about this one? Dante isn't a cool super hero? he's some loser kid? That's cool today?

What the **** are they trying to prove?

How could anyone even say with a straight face "WHY IS THE FAN REACTION TOWARDS DmC SO NEGATIVE?"

Well now you can ****ing see why.

"Ninja theory aggravates DMC fans? LOL! That's a lie, stupid Anti"
There's your proof, right there.

I can't believe after their game flopped they then had the nerve to show these images. Where is that going to get them? Not to their 1.2 million sales mark surely, not this year, not in a million years. How can anyone who is a fan of the original series and the reboot support this and see nothing wrong with it?

I am at a loss here.

Enjoy your DmC2 sequel. Because of this sales are going to ****ing sky rocket.
Sorry but I really do think ever since the first day I signed up for this forum there's like some big joke no one has told me about.

I don't think I want this game in my possession any more for all the damage its done. I'm getting rid of it ASAP.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
People already have made fun of dmc4 dante. People always say 3 and 4 looked weird(nipple belt,cowboy). 3s personality was awesome, 4 wasnt right he was crazier despite being older an dmc1 dante who was relativly serious. They are simply saying what many others say. When i think of dmc4 the great combat is the second thing to com the first is the bad story and characters. I am in no mood to argue but all im daying is people are overreacting AGAIN. Besides i believe they said this a while ago so its basically bringing up something old. Good day to you sir.

Terrutas

This isn't overreacting. They're laughing at our ****ing face when they don't even deserve to.

They're being arrogant and mocking out of insecurity.

That second image you what I see that as?

Dante doesn't care who he hangs out with. If he wants to do demon slaying in the woods and hang out with a gay couple he would do just that. Because he's the sort of person who would treat anyone like a bro or sis regardless of sexuality.

I don't get that image you posted though. Is it to say "LOL LOOK HOW SILLY THIS JAPANESE DUDE LOOKS COMPARED TO ALL THESE OTHER GUYS?!. 1.2 million here we come!"

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
This isn't overreacting. They're laughing at our ******* face when they don't even deserve to.

They're being arrogant and mocking out of insecurity.
Ok...this is a fictional character(but i know you will have something to say about that) but honestly how much does this effect you? Its not like they photoshopped you in with a gay couple. Thus overreacting if someone photoshopped new dante with a gay couple id be like "yeah ok youre trying to be funny, i wont share in your laughter but i see what you are doing" i wouldnt go "they are mocking me!" People get to attached to what is not technically there, again you will probabaly have something to say about that but it doesnt matter. Its not like they make fun of dante and erase everything else about him only leaving these pictures. You have the game(i think) so its not like hes gone, its not like hes even real. Would he care? No, hed laugh then go back to killing demons. Dante doesnt give a **** about what people havr to say about him....why should you.

Terrutas

That's a really dumb argument.

I like Dante because he represents an icon to me, why does it matter if he's fictional? They're mocking what I like. I would be responding the same if it was music, my clothes or anything else. This is what I like and they don't, so they feel the need to make fun of it to make themselves feel better when their sense of cool didn't even hit their 1.2 million sale goal.
I don't see your point. You are making no sense at all.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Wow, i was not expecting some adult reaction for poor sales but that is just plain stupid. They have not learned anything.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I remember seeing this a few hours ago and just kinda mentally wanted to shake my head I mean what does this accomplish really this is pretty childish i can't really say its poking fun more like trying to get a rise and seeing what happens how do justify this in all honesty?

Terrutas

Its not gone, its still there, youre acting like they ordered capcom to destroy every copy so that only the reboot exists
What the hell are you talking about?

That's not even what I'm saying. The series won't be continued and therefore, they're replacing what I love with what I don't like. And then, when they get the appropriate reception (which is failure) they start acting like rockstars and mocking everyone instead of trying to talk to the fanbase.

I ask again.
What's your point?

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
There's a difference between making fun of fans, and making fun of clothing.
As far as I can see, the "Dante is not" "Dante is" is directed towards DmC Dante. Meaning "Our Dante is not like this, but like this." distinguishing the difference between new and old Dante.
and I do not like to use the White Wig scene as a form of "making fun of fans."
It's just a mere easter egg, otherwise why give him the white hair at the end and give him classic outfit anyways?
Do not get me wrong, sure it's ****ed up and
tumblr_m9ovshedIr1retsvlo1_500.gif

But, even I can tell a difference between a joke or not. Just take it as one, it's simple. Laugh about it, it's not like they are getting into your heart anyways. :p

Terrutas

There's a difference between making fun of fans, and making fun of clothing.
As far as I can see, the "Dante is not" "Dante is" is directed towards DmC Dante. Meaning "Our Dante is not like this, but like this." distinguishing the difference between new and old Dante.
and I do not like to use the White Wig scene as a form of "making fun of fans."
It's just a mere easter egg, otherwise why give him the white hair at the end and give him classic outfit anyways?
Do not get me wrong, sure it's ****** up and
tumblr_m9ovshedIr1retsvlo1_500.gif

But, even I can tell a difference between a joke or not. Just take it as one, it's simple. Laugh about it, it's not like they are getting into your heart anyways. :p
Having fun at others' expense is never, EVER acceptable.

And when they compare aspects of their Dante to DMC Dante, and portraying DMC Dante's aspects as negative, that's mockery.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
Disgusting.

I would smile at least if the "cowboy" image wasn't Brokeback Mountain, but that won't fix the rest of the set.

"We're new in the series, but we're gonna say that the characterization of the character we're rebooting now it's better than the one of the original creators. Yes, this is supposed to be funny".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom