• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So, why is this acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroLove

Okay, my two cents, if anyone cares to stop their petty fighting and actually read my post for a second...

From what I understand, Ninja Theory is trying to tell us with those pictures that DmC Dante is a REAL person (more or less). He isn't a costumed superhero, he isn't a Japanese cosplayer, he isn't a gay cowboy, he isn't a figment of someone's imagination... He is a normal kid, homeless, punk... who just happens to be hunted by demons and he is himself a hybrid of an angel and a demon with supernatural powers. So no, DmC Dante is not real, but at least more realistic than the original Dante. That's the message NT attempts to put across.

Yes, NT is rather childish in how they present it... But you guys are also overreacting ALOT!
This isn't a personal attack on you, so please STOP taking it so personal. It is just as immature to be so butthurt over a freaking fictional videogame character as it is to make fun of those fans who do so. There is no way you have any right to be so offended by this. Being this passionate about a game or a character is on the brink of the mentally unhealthy.

Grow some thicker skin. Shrug it off. Don't be so hyper-sensitive about something like this. If anyone is emo, it is the fans who take things like this so personally, that they have to cry out to the world how miserable they are about this. It disgusts me how some people on the internet behaves, especially this community.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Okay, my two cents, if anyone cares to stop their petty fighting and actually read my post for a second...

From what I understand, Ninja Theory is trying to tell us with those pictures that DmC Dante is a REAL person (more or less). He isn't a costumed superhero, he isn't a Japanese cosplayer, he isn't a gay cowboy, he isn't a figment of someone's imagination... He is a normal kid, homeless, punk... who just happens to be hunted by demons and he is himself a hybrid of an angel and a demon with supernatural powers. So no, DmC Dante is not real, but at least more realistic than the original Dante. That's the message NT attempts to put across.

Yes, NT is rather childish in how they present it... But you guys are also overreacting ALOT!
This isn't a personal attack on you, so please STOP taking it so personal. It is just as immature to be so butthurt over a freaking fictional videogame character as it is to make fun of those fans who do so. There is no way you have any right to be so offended by this. Being this passionate about a game or a character is on the brink of the mentally unhealthy.

Grow some thicker skin. Shrug it off. Don't be so hyper-sensitive about something like this. If anyone is emo, it is the fans who take things like this so personally, that they have to cry out to the world how miserable they are about this. It disgusts me how some people on the internet behaves, especially this community.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Tried to say that in a similar way and was mauled. Some guy tried to lighten up the mood by posting funny videos and pictures and was also attacked. Glad to see a person with reason and logic in here.

ZeroLove

Couldn't have said it better myself. Tried to say that in a similar way and was mauled. Some guy tried to lighten up the mood by posting funny videos and pictures and was also attacked. Glad to see a person with reason and logic in here.

And I am glad you took your time to read through my post. And thanks for the compliment. ^^

aoshi

Wats surprising is how capcom are allowing this BS???? Aren't DMC and Dante capcom copyrights???

Ninja theory is outa their minds creating silly photoshops of dante from classic DMC games. Tameem, you suck royally as ever. I am done with DmC.

ZeroLove

Pleeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeeeee...... Make me.

Well, this just proves that you are NOT done with DmC. You want to stay around, you want to keep on following what is happening with DmC, even so if just so you can whine and b*tch about it. So stop saying you are done with DmC if you don't even mean it. At least stand up to your own words.

aoshi

Well, this just proves that you are NOT done with DmC. You want to stay around, you want to keep on following what is happening with DmC, even so if just so you can whine and b*tch about it. So stop saying you are done with DmC if you don't even mean it. At least stand up to your own words.

No... It means i can hate DmC and still post in these forums and there is nothing you can do about it.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
People, it's a video game.
Shouldn't we be more worried about the fact that North Korea threatened to nuke the US a few days ago?
It went something like this
north-korean-missile-launch-gif.gif

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
People, it's a video game.
Shouldn't we be more worried about the fact that North Korea threatened to nuke the US a few days ago?

Probably, though this is neither the thread or section to discuss that.

Regarding this though, personally I'm not too bothered. This isn't exactly the first time NT have done something similar and they've even done similar things with their other games, it just seems to be how they sell their games. I don't know when this was held but it if it was after the games release it just seems like they felt people didn't "understand" their vision of Dante so they're trying to explain it. Doesn't matter to me, they feel old Dante is a joke and I thought their concepts were laughable, we clearly have a difference of opinion regarding what's "cool" though as a company they should have been more professional, they say how their "Dante" is socially relevant so perhaps it would of been a good idea to show where they got inspiration from within modern media, rather than saying whatever about Dante, but like I said nothing surprises me with NT, they are as childish as the worst of the DM/mC community.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
The DmC: Devil May Cry whining has died down. Most people don't want nothing to do with it anymore and just want to move on. Regardless if they liked it or not.

So what do Ninja Theory do at GDC? (Games Developer Conference)
They show these images

bIrr47O.jpg

What are they trying to prove in that first image?
len4Lup.jpg

How about that one? Dante looks like a cowboy and looks pretty silly I dig that, whatever but why did they choose two cowboys from Brokeback mountain? They could pull any cowboy image that want but why those two particular men? If you don't know them, those two are homosexuals. Are they making fun of Dante by saying he belongs with two homosexual cowboys? That's kinda offensive to gay people.
tqXVp1D.jpg

And how about this one? Dante isn't a cool super hero? he's some loser kid? That's cool today?

What the **** are they trying to prove?

How could anyone even say with a straight face "WHY IS THE FAN REACTION TOWARDS DmC SO NEGATIVE?"

Well now you can ******* see why.

"Ninja theory aggravates DMC fans? LOL! That's a lie, stupid Anti"
There's your proof, right there.

I can't believe after their game flopped they then had the nerve to show these images. Where is that going to get them? Not to their 1.2 million sales mark surely, not this year, not in a million years. How can anyone who is a fan of the original series and the reboot support this and see nothing wrong with it?

I am at a loss here.

Enjoy your DmC2 sequel. Because of this sales are going to ******* sky rocket.
Sorry but I really do think ever since the first day I signed up for this forum there's like some big joke no one has told me about.

I don't think I want this game in my possession any more for all the damage its done. I'm getting rid of it ASAP.

Here's the question, what are YOU trying to prove?

Because all I see is a post ranting over something that doesn't call for being ranted over, at all in fact [heck, more like clutching at straws in desperation, when all they're showing is how they modernized Dante into a real life setting from his anime one and putting pictures as examples.] All your post does is make me want to scream at how god damn stupid this fandom has become!

Stop trying to pick fights and grow up for pity sakes! People like you make me sick to be in this fandom! because all your arguement ties back to is "I didn't get a Devil May Cry 5, now I must bring hell on this game until I get my baby back by, any means necessary".

"There's your proof right there?" you say, the only proof you've shown is how much 'fans' can overreact and blow stuff out of the water without bothering to really READ what's on screen and show how arrogant they can be over a video game.

But since you asked so nicely.

bIrr47O.jpg

Q. What are they trying to prove in that first image?
A.The difference between Japanese and Western culture clothing

len4Lup.jpg

Q. How about that one? Dante looks like a cowboy and looks pretty silly I dig that, whatever but why did they choose two cowboys from Brokeback mountain? They could pull any cowboy image that want but why those two particular men? If you don't know them, those two are homosexuals. Are they making fun of Dante by saying he belongs with two homosexual cowboys? That's kinda offensive to gay people.
A. For a joke, do you know what a sense of humor is? Apparently not. And is there something wrong with being gay? What does it make a difference if Dante is standing next to two actors portraying gay men or not, or are you being the offensive one by saying gays aren't allowed to be photoshopped near a straight character? I think you saying that is kinda offensive to gay people.

tqXVp1D.jpg

Q.And how about this one? Dante isn't a cool super hero? he's some loser kid? That's cool today?
A. Andrew from Chronicle, about teenagers who gain superpowers. The difference between these two pictures is that Andrew and the other two boys don't wear costumes or dress like superheroes, but clearly you knew that when you called him 'some loser kid'.

Q. How could anyone even say with a straight face "WHY IS THE FAN REACTION TOWARDS DmC SO NEGATIVE?"
A. Because people like you exist, fact.

This is the part where I say 'don't bother responding', because really...don't. You've clearly shown you want to cause trouble and can't make any valid arguement about this.

P.S Welcome to my ignore list buddy, you've earned it.

No... It means i can hate DmC and still post in these forums and there is nothing you can do about it.
Yes, we can *ignore* :cool:

Because all I see is a post ranting over something that doesn't call for being ranted over, at all in fact [heck, more like clutching at straws in desperation, when all they're showing is how they modernized Dante into a real life setting from his anime one and putting pictures as examples.] All your post does is make me want to scream at how god damn stupid this fandom has become!

Stop trying to pick fights and grow up for pity sakes! People like you make me sick to be in this fandom! because all your arguement ties back to is "I didn't get a Devil May Cry 5, now I must bring hell on this game until I get my baby back by, any means necessary".

"There's your proof right there?" you say, the only proof you've shown is how much 'fans' can overreact and blow stuff out of the water without bothering to really READ what's on screen and show how arrogant they can be over a video game.

bIrr47O.jpg

len4Lup.jpg

Q. How about that one? Dante looks like a cowboy and looks pretty silly I dig that, whatever but why did they choose two cowboys from Brokeback mountain? They could pull any cowboy image that want but why those two particular men? If you don't know them, those two are homosexuals. Are they making fun of Dante by saying he belongs with two homosexual cowboys? That's kinda offensive to gay people.
A. For a joke, do you know what a sense of humor is? Apparently not. And is there something wrong with being gay? What does it make a difference if Dante is standing next to two actors portraying gay men or not, or are you being the offensive one by saying gays aren't allowed to be photoshopped near a straight character? I think you saying that is kinda offensive to gay people.

tqXVp1D.jpg

Q.And how about this one? Dante isn't a cool super hero? he's some loser kid? That's cool today?
A. Andrew from Chronicle, about teenagers who gain superpowers. The difference between these two pictures is that Andrew and the other two boys don't wear costumes or dress like superheroes, but clearly you knew that when you called him 'some loser kid'.

Q. How could anyone even say with a straight face "WHY IS THE FAN REACTION TOWARDS DmC SO NEGATIVE?"

This is the part where I say 'don't bother responding', because really...don't. You've clearly shown you want to cause trouble and can't make any valid arguement about this.

Holy **** the damage control in this entire post!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

bIrr47O.jpg

len4Lup.jpg

tqXVp1D.jpg

Thing is about that first image it isn't so much as comparing japanese and western culture when it comes to clothing because the larger minority of people in Japan don't dress like that. They dress just like we do over here. The japanese kids who sport a special style like that are really the equivalent to the kids over here that may sport a goth or scene like style here. It's not really considered the norm so to speak but really similar to those special styles people sport to make some kind of individual statement and stuff. You see the point here?

Dante really had some ridiculous flare going on in his outfits and no one in their right mind even in Japan would sport Dante's sense of fashion. Sorry to burst the bubble weeaboos but Japan isn't the wonderland of anime, pocky, and cosplay you think it is. The narrow mindedness is somehow baffling amongst that group that it makes me think they honestly think they would be able to show up in Japan wearing their favorite cosplay and yelling their favorite anime from the rooftops thinking it won't get them any kind of weird stares and is perfectly accepted. In Japan being an anime fan is actually considered sometimes rather childish. That otaku would get the same awkward reaction that over here an adult would get if they adored Spongebob Squarepants or something you know.

The brokeback Dante one. That's kind of funny. My friend who is gay was the one who first told me that nickname and then followed it up with "dude, that weird cowboy get up makes even gay people go that's too gay. Like he turned a PT Cruiser in to wearable apparel." I laughed my butt off.

I can say Andrew compared to the cheesy Batman interpretation nobody likes makes sense in to how to establish the superhero in to who Dante is in DmC. Instead of wearing some gaudy costume he's just going to look rather normal and still be that superhero. Not being who Andrew is who was just an abused kid who becomes a villain.

GF9000000Returns

This thread's still not locked yet? Heh, well so much for a nice sleep.

I gotta tell ya, the more try come back to this thread and look at the OP's thread makes me laugh even harder at the ones who are offended and understand what Tameem is saying. First of all, why the hell would he disrespect gay people if he's gay himself? It was a freaking joke! Second, like Zero said

Now do you see guys? Dante doesn't have to be one of those things to be called a "hero". People can call this "stereotyping" all they want, but Tameem is just speaking his opinion. He didn't disrespect the old fans by ANY MEANS!

Jesus....all over a fictional character, what does that have to say about some of yall?

This thread's still not locked yet? Heh, well so much for a nice sleep.

I gotta tell ya, the more try come back to this thread and look at the OP's thread makes me laugh even harder at the ones who are offended and understand what Tameem is saying. First of all, why the hell would he disrespect gay people if he's gay himself? It was a freaking joke! Second, like Zero said

Now do you see guys? Dante doesn't have to be one of those things to be called a "hero". People can call this "stereotyping" all they want, but Tameem is just speaking his opinion. He didn't disrespect the old fans by ANY MEANS!

Jesus....all over a fictional character, what does that have to say about some of yall?

Keep telling yourself that. Really, stay delusional. The damage control coming from some of you is really hilarious. Also, again with the fictional character thing. You telling me it's wrong to care about a fictional character? Read a book sometime and get immersed in it and come back and tell me you didn't care for the characters.

GF9000000Returns

Keep telling yourself that. Really, stay delusional. The damage control coming from some of you is really hilarious. Also, again with the fictional character thing. You telling me it's wrong to care about a fictional character? Read a book sometime and get immersed in it and come back and tell me you didn't care for the characters.

If you're gonna take it that way then yes I am. It's unhealthy to think that when you have better stuff to worry about. And the "book" thing, that still won't make a difference.

I have a screen shot of a post from you that I saw on /v/ wanna see it?

Don't care. I think it's best for you and all the other people who are offended to keep your mouths shut.

If you're gonna take it that way then yes I am. It's unhealthy to think that when you have better stuff to worry about. And the "book" thing, that still won't make a difference.

My life is pretty great at the moment. Perfect is the right word actually. Great is an understatement, so I'll worry about this stuff in the mean time until something comes up. Someone needs to call NT out on their bullcrap.

Don't care. I think it's best for you and all the other people who are offended to keep your mouths shut

Or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom