• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So whatever happened TGS DmC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Sorta wish we could have seen Eva fight in DmC, just for the hell of it. But nooo, she had to go and protect her kids instead. Stupid useless kids, they'll never amount to anything :/

Is she supposed to be able to fight? I mean don;t get me wrong, Eva could of had some skills but was she some sort of soldier when she met Sparda?.

If she was, i think it would be like "Red Sonja" and Arnold type of love connection

and for you youngins, witness a reenactment: Eva and Sparda: Dual of Hearts

and some kid too:lol:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
*shrug* Mystery of the unexplained, really.

The popular theory is she must have been some sort of warrior-class angel to have met Sparda, but otherwise it's all up to conjecture.

Perhaps they actually met in their human vessels, just out and about in the city or something.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
A Sparda Game would be a great way to continue the DmC series. I actually think NT would be very good at making an action love story.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
A Sparda Game would be a great way to continue the DmC series. I actually think NT would be very good at making an action love story.

I second this notion. They could be the first to break new ground for the franchise in that area :p

Ironically, when the original announcement for DmC came out in 2010, I was skeptical of what it was, and thought that it was actually an origin story for Sparda when he was younger, and was calling himself by the alias "Dante" to avoid authorities and the people who tortured him. The idea was supported by him obviously not looking like the classic Dante, and how E&I looked vaguely like Luce & Ombra on my then low-def monitor. This was before actually reading all the press and dev info though :p

One of my buddies theorized that 2010 Dante was actually just some insane guy who thought he was Dante, and was slaying demons in a region that thought he was doubly insane for believing in demons. Then, the classic Dante would show up later or something.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I second this notion. They could be the first to break new ground for the franchise in that area :p

Ironically, when the original announcement for DmC came out in 2010, I was skeptical of what it was, and thought that it was actually an origin story for Sparda when he was younger, and was calling himself by the alias "Dante" to avoid authorities and the people who tortured him. The idea was supported by him obviously not looking like the classic Dante, and how E&I looked vaguely like Luce & Ombra on my then low-def monitor. This was before actually reading all the press and dev info though :p

One of my buddies theorized that 2010 Dante was actually just some insane guy who thought he was Dante, and was slaying demons in a region that thought he was doubly insane for believing in demons. Then, the classic Dante would show up later or something.

Sparda's Luce & Ombra had the same engravings as Dante's Ebony & Ivory. Heck, the names have similar meanings. Luce & Ombra is Italian for light and shadow and Ebony & Ivory should be explanatory; both refer to white and black contrasting each other. Both sets having "For Tony Redgrave" implies that both Sparda and Dante used the same alias. It wouldn't be a far-fetched idea for Sparda to call himself Dante if he was on a run like Dante calling himself Tony to avoid suspicion.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Yeah, NT would have a lot more control over a Sparda game, and it would very well branch out into brand new territories which DMC has never had the chance to do, or even think about doing.

I have this little scene in my head of a young Dante fending off demons, similar looking to Nathan Drake. And have him fighting off hoards of Demons but really Dante wouldn't be able to beat them, and in comes Dad.

I was also thinking of what kind of weapons Sparda would use and how the stances would be like. Its a lot to think about and i'm not in the mood to write it all down atm. =/

I've been on this site since the announcement trailer. And there was a similar theory, like what your friend said about Dante not being Dante, and the people who captured "Dante" were actually trying to convince the guy that he was "Dante".

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Wouldn't that be like a prequel to DmC ?? looking back at DMC series it never really got a proper sequel except DMC 2 which was total letdown.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Wouldn't that be like a prequel to DmC ?? looking back at DMC series it never really got a proper sequel except DMC 2 which was total letdown.

Well yea it would come before DmC so technically it would be a prequel. But the overall focus of the game should be about Sparda and Eva. I wouldn't mind if NT or Capcom decided to write a comic about it either.

DMC4 was a sequel to DMC1 and DMC2 came after that.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well yea it would come before DmC so technically it would be a prequel. But the overall focus of the game should be about Sparda and Eva. I wouldn't mind if NT or Capcom decided to write a comic about it either.
I think the sparda game would work much better if it was in old DMC universe.. in DmC's universe i just don't see the badass sparda or a budding love story.
DMC4 was a sequel to DMC1 and DMC2 came after that.
It wasn't a sequel to DMC1 it was a prequel to DMC2.
It can't be called a sequel if it doesn't advance the story in anyway it just introduced us to more characters.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Actually the main reason of the backlash was the timing of that TGS trailer it couldn't have been timed any worse it was just 2 years after releasing the mediocre DMC4 the series suddenly gets a reboot and many new fans were just getting used to DMC series.

The funny thing i find is the some of DMC fans still don't like NTDante even if he was completely given a new look and personality closer to DMC3 dante.

Dude, the TGS trailer's biggest complaint was Dante's new look. That's all they had. No one knew a thing about the game except the possible look and I imagine that if that same exact trailer just had Dante with a head of white hair then it wouldn't have got the backlash it did.

I didn't freak out but was definitely interested. I thought it looked pretty badass even if it wasn't Devil May Cry. Kinda like seeing the RE 4 trailer for the first time. It looked different and caught my attention. It got more of my attention when I found out it would be the next installment in a franchise I was an avid fan of.

I was curious to why Dante would be in a mental institution and he the way he puts out that cig on the demon and follows it up with some badass fighting was cool. Looked raw and brutal.

And I don't understand why people would say he would be emo. This is Dante and you honestly think after trying to make him more serious in 2 they would go for that kind of stuff again? Please. If anything Dante just looked like he would still be that cocky badass but also more brutal and less refined. I assumed it was some kind of origin story from the start seeing the patch of white hair on his head and it talking about him being some troubled youth.

It would have been an interesting angle to look at. Kind of like how MK Legacy did that Raiden episode where he was in an asylum and they gave him a lobotomy and sh!t.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I think the new dante is a lot cooler than all the other Dante in DMC DMC 2 OR DMC3 or DMC4

I like the new look, really ...

keanu2.gif

*shrug* Mystery of the unexplained, really.

The popular theory is she must have been some sort of warrior-class angel to have met Sparda, but otherwise it's all up to conjecture.

Perhaps they actually met in their human vessels, just out and about in the city or something.

I just had a thought about that. If her weapon was a scythe, then maybe she was...

... The Angel of Death?

tumblr_lyo8jkwkDx1qemz6qo1_500.gif

Then maybe she was thrown down to earth and transformed into a human to degrade her status while some other angel got promoted to "Death"?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I just had a thought about that. If her weapon was a scythe, then maybe she was...

... The Angel of Death?

tumblr_lyo8jkwkDx1qemz6qo1_500.gif

Then maybe she was thrown down to earth and transformed into a human to degrade her status while some other angel got promoted to "Death"?

Oh great! Not only is Dante the son of a demon general, but now he's also the son of the angel of death?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
aren't the weapons just energy and rebellion just makes that energy into whatever Dante wants? like how Aquila was just energy because Bob never used them

I think the sparda game would work much better if it was in old DMC universe.. in DmC's universe i just don't see the badass sparda or a budding love story.

Well since we never seen Sparda at all in the original DMC, i would hate for capcom to come up with something on their own again and repeat the same mistake. NT has already established who Eva and Sparda were (mostly eva) and i think they have a better foundation and backstory for a Sparda game. Especially if they include more Nephilim. Plus i think NT, over all, has better story telling.

It wasn't a sequel to DMC1 it was a prequel to DMC2.
It can't be called a sequel if it doesn't advance the story in anyway it just introduced us to more characters.

So by that logic, DMC2 isn't a sequel either.

Last edited by a moderator:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
aren't the weapons just energy and rebellion just makes that energy into whatever Dante wants? like how Aquila was just energy because Bob never used them

That's one theory; that Dante received energy that he could form into the weapons, since Sparda isn't necessarily depicted with using the Arbiter - although he would certainly have the potential to have, considering he was using the Rebellion before he gave it to Dante.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
No it is the only sequel... anything released in-between the timeline of DMC1 and DMC2 is mere filler like Resident evil:lost in nightmares&revelations..

Lost in Nightmares was an hour long DLC, hardly a sequel. And Revelations isn't necessarily a filler because it takes place between RE4 and RE5. It still is a full length game and continues to push the story forward. Plus RE always or most of the time has a different protagonist is each game. So comparing that to DMC, which basically has Dante as their main guy is hardly a comparison.

As for DMC4 being a filler, yet having (4) at the end of DMC basically makes the game part of the universe and it does take place in its respected time, which is after DMC1, not a sequel like what you said, but not by the definition of what you said. And DMC2 is a sequel to DMC1 because of the simple fact of it having a (2) after DMC. DMC2, from my eyes, is basically the last game in the series, and the only reason why is because Dante is at his oldest. There is nothing DMC2 does to continue anything from DMC1, besides having Dante in it. The introduction of cool gunplay and another playable character, which DMC3 and DMC4 had, completely throws DMC1 under the bus, because it seems Dante is a lot stronger when he was a kid. And then he forgot everything in DMC1 and then remembered everything again in DMC4. (such a mess)

What i really know is the continuity of the original games take way to much effort to understand. And when you play them chronologically in order, you better be ready for the onslaught of face palms. Which is why i wouldn't want Capcom to have anything to do with a Sparda game, besides funding a better company that know what their doing.

That's one theory; that Dante received energy that he could form into the weapons, since Sparda isn't necessarily depicted with using the Arbiter - although he would certainly have the potential to have, considering he was using the Rebellion before he gave it to Dante.

Sparda_Portrait.png

check out that sword. Is that supposed to be rebellion, or is the shield supposed to be rebellion? or are they both rebellion? I'm sure Sparda could have the potential to make an axe, but this picture kinda shows you the type of fighter he was and the types of weapons he would use.

I think its awesome that he uses a sword and shield. But like you said, since he used them before Dante, there is a possibility that Sparda could wield an axe. And that shield could be used a Sparda game as the Royal Guard, plus he could have Yamato and Rebellion, that's 3 stances, that's a new game folks!!

I just like the idea of Rebellion taking the form of whatever the user feels comfortable with and is best at.

Sorry for double posting >_<

Last edited by a moderator:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Lost in Nightmares was an hour long DLC, hardly a sequel It still is a full length game and continues to push the story forward
Sorry i dunno i had the RE5 PC version so never played it :p i don't know what you mean by "Pushes the story forward" sure it gives us more information and fills gaps but it ultimately isn't set in a sequential order just like code:veronica it just doesn't qualify as the main game.
Plus RE always or most of the time has a different protagonist is each game. So comparing that to DMC, which basically has Dante as their main guy is hardly a comparison.
That actually doesn't really matter RE1 was about some BSAA agents in a mansion and RE2 was about raccon city outbreak and RE3 was almost in parallel with RE2 and it was sequential not in-between.
DMC2, from my eyes, is basically the last game in the series, and the only reason why is because Dante is at his oldest. There is nothing DMC2 does to continue anything from DMC1, besides having Dante in it.
I think we just found out why Capcom rebooted DMC :| they just can't pass the DMC2 story roadblock and the time-skip.
What i really know is the continuity of the original games take way to much effort to understand.
It all makes a hell of a sense when you realize that DMC 1 was just an experimental early 2000's stand alone game and the original team which worked on that project disbanded from Capcom leaving you with a bloated series and Dante with MPD.
Which is why i wouldn't want Capcom to have anything to do with a Sparda game, besides funding a better company that know what their doing.
IMO I just want a straight up DmC2 no compromises i'm just fedup of the current onslaught of mediocre prequels&cash-in games.

Its just an excuse for devs to go easy on the non-numbered title but when its numbered you know sh!t's serious.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Sorry i dunno i had the RE5 PC version so never played it :p i don't know what you mean by "Pushes the story forward" sure it gives us more information and fills gaps but it ultimately isn't set in a sequential order just like code:veronica it just doesn't qualify as the main game.

Woops! I meant Revelations was a stand alone game. It was supposed to be in between 4-5.

That actually doesn't really matter RE1 was about some BSAA agents in a mansion and RE2 was about raccon city outbreak and RE3 was almost in parallel with RE2 and it was sequential not in-between.

Exactly. RE is really just based on the outbreaks and it shows how people survive it. Thats why there are so many people involved in RE.

I think we just found out why Capcom rebooted DMC :| they just can't pass the DMC2 story roadblock and the time-skip.

Another thing is, Capcom never tried to focus on Dante. Or had any real focus at all, besides killing demons in epic ways. The one thing you could count on is there being a Demon or some sort of corrupted human/demon trying to take over the world.

It all makes a hell of a sense when you realize that DMC 1 was just an experimental early 2000's stand alone game and the original team which worked on that project disbanded from Capcom leaving you with a bloated series and Dante with MPD.

Yep.

IMO I just want a straight up DmC2 no compromises i'm just fedup of the current onslaught of mediocre prequels&cash-in games.
Its just an excuse for devs to go easy on the non-numbered title but when its numbered you know sh!t's serious.

Of course i would be just fine with DmC2 after all, but i still wouldn't mind a Sparda game set in the DmC Universe. Companies try to use these "fillers" to add to the overall story and hopefully take some chances with gameplay, which will ultimately give the developers more hands on experience. And that would give them a better idea on how to make a promising sequel to DmC. Just look at Assassins Creed 3 and you can see how much better the game feels over Assassins Creed 2. Without Brotherhood or that other game, AC3 might not of been as good as it was. (of course it did fail in some parts but i thought the combat and parkour was the best in the series by far)

Lets get back on topic, shall we?

Where the hell did the car tossing mechanic go? The only time i used the environment, in a physical way, was to kill a couple cops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom