• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So whatever happened TGS DmC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
My point exactly. It would be hard to give a clean cut version of this TGS dante. May be with a lot of compromise that we would be forced to accept. Jus like DmC......:lol:

I don't quite get it. Dante's changes were Dante's. Vergil would really pretty much just look like Vergil does in DmC; Dante's face with slicked back white hair, in a dapper suit coat and a funny hat :p

Hell, all they really did to change 2010 Dante was get rid of the cuts and bruises from fighting, lengthened his coat, gave it a hood, and gave him some new pants. Plus changing his place-holder face to Tim Phillips' likeness.

aoshi

I don't quite get it. Dante's changes were Dante's. Vergil would really pretty much just look like Vergil does in DmC; Dante's face with slicked back white hair, in a dapper suit coat and a funny hat :p

That's a very shallow observation. Its like saying all chinese people will look the same regardless of their hair, clothes and body.:lol:

Hell, all they really did to change 2010 Dante was get rid of the cuts and bruises from fighting, lengthened his coat, gave it a hood, and gave him some new pants. Plus changing his place-holder face to Tim Phillips' likeness.

No. Physically, there are a lot of changes. First impression that anyone would get is , "Is he on drugs????". Even though final dante does not look very healthy, he certainly is an improvement from TGS dante(physically). His face is also very different which made a clean-cut version(vergil), acceptable.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That's a very shallow observation. Its like saying all chinese people will look the same regardless of their hair, clothes and body.:lol:

O__________________________o wut...?

No. Physically, there are a lot of changes. First impression that anyone would get is , "Is he on drugs????". Even though final dante does not look very healthy, he certainly is an improvement from TGS dante(physically). His face is also very different which made a clean-cut version(vergil), acceptable.

And I've never gotten this "on drugs" thing. Is it just because was thinner and bruised? It made a lot of sense to me, given the context of the trailer; his thinner physique was due to his torturous treatment when he was younger (owing to the bruises there), and his other bruises and dirtied clothes were from him being a street brawler.

And of course his face changed, the TGS2010 version was a place-holder after all.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
DmC; Dante's face with slicked back white hair, in a dapper suit coat and a funny hat :p
Indeed like a true gentledemon
work.7284575.4.sticker%252C220x200-pad%252C220x200%252Cf8f8f8.monocle-guy-meme-lulzsec-v1.png

I don't even think they changed Vergil.. they always were supposed to have vergil like a sophisticated,pseudo intellectual.

Its just that TGS dante looks much more different in behavior and attitude.

aoshi

DEY R TWEENZ BRO!!11! L2EXST

Took me a while to read that, But anyway, Thats my whole point that it is nearly hard to accept a clean-cut vergil look of TGS dante because they are supposed to be identical. Jus giving him white(slick) hair and a clean coat with that physical condition and depressed face will not suffice the character vergil was in final game. It would be a compromise , jus like DmC was on lot of aspects.Jus because you agree to it, Not everyone has an obligation to.

And please use proper english words, Not everyone is in Kindergarten as you are.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Took me a while to read that, But anyway, Thats my whole point that it is nearly hard to accept a clean-cut vergil look of TGS dante because they are supposed to be identical. Jus giving him white(slick) hair and a clean coat with that physical condition and depressed face will not suffice the character vergil was in final game. Its a compromise , jus like DmC was on lot of aspects.Jus because you agree to it, Not everyone has an obligation to.

I think you're attributing Dante's raw aggression and grittier demeanor to his overall appearance. That's where our wires are getting crossed - I'm saying the only part of Dante and Vergil that would be the same would be their physical appearance (as they are twins), but not being bruised and emotionally unhinged.

Dante's bruises are due to his fights with demons, and his physical condition itself was because of how he was treated by them. Those are specifics to Dante's character, and obviously shouldn't be attributed to Vergil, because they are significant only to Dante's backstory, and they're strictly dependent on them. Unless Vergil was treated the same way (spoilershewasn't), we'd have no reason to think Vergil would have a demeanor similar to Dante's.

Twins will look the same (feature-wise), but they will not act the same. They have different personalities, and they have different lives. You're bolded text there seems to imply to me that you'd attribute all that is Dante to all that is Vergil (aside from a change in clothing), making them identical, but that was never the case in the original, so it's odd to expect it in this iteration.

In the end, what I'm saying with my original point was that all you have to do is take 2010 Dante, clean up the cuts and bruises, put him in a dapper suit with white hair, and get rid of the scowl. I should have mentioned getting rid of the scowl earlier :x

And please use proper english words, Not everyone is in Kindergarten as you are.

You seriously need to chill the f#ck out. You seem to throw a lot of heat my way when I amicably address you in discussion. Take a joke, and quite throwing around thinly-veiled insults.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
In the end, what I'm saying with my original point was that all you have to do is take 2010 Dante, clean up the cuts and bruises, put him in a dapper suit with white hair, and get rid of the scowl. I should have mentioned getting rid of the scowl earlier :x.
This highly reminds of Prince of Persia "Emo" prince controversy.. almost every video game reviewer gave warrior within at least an 8.0(Great) review and still acknowledged prince as "unlikable" "emo prince" etc
0_46efd_1260d168_orig
OMG Who's this Emo ? he is not The Prince !

And that storm of serious negative feedback hit ubisoft so hard that they changed the whole game pre-production to make the game more suited to the fanboys just like Mass effect 3's ending.

Original version >
Final version >

This is just one example there are many many games which get changed/cancelled abruptly because of fandom concerns.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I mostly have a problem with anyone being labeled "emo," because it's used so much without ever actually being correct :/ It's like context is never taken into consideration when regarding a character's mood anymore, and the word gets thrown around because it's a go-to insult for some that they can easily whip out if someone happens to fit the bill of actually having more sullen emotions.

The Prince was darker and more serious in Warrior Within because he was relentlessly hunted to death, and even lost Farrah before the game's story ever began. He was not in a position to be so cheerful. Same with Cloud in Advent Children - the guy was mourning the loss of two friends he felt responsible for, and was dying of an incurable disease. DmC Dante was never really emo by any stretch of the word, aside from having black hair that happened to hang over one eye.

Sorry...just so tired of "emo" being the negative buzzword it's used as to slam characters that are trying to be three dimensional.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I mostly have a problem with anyone being labeled "emo," because it's used so much without ever actually being correct :/ It's like context is never taken into consideration when regarding a character's mood anymore, and the word gets thrown around because it's a go-to insult for some that they can easily whip out if someone happens to fit the bill of actually having more sullen emotions.

The Prince was darker and more serious in Warrior Within because he was relentlessly hunted to death, and even lost Farrah before the game's story ever began. He was not in a position to be so cheerful. Same with Cloud in Advent Children - the guy was mourning the loss of two friends he felt responsible for, and was dying of an incurable disease. DmC Dante was never really emo by any stretch of the word, aside from having black hair that happened to hang over one eye.

Sorry...just so tired of "emo" being the negative buzzword it's used as to slam characters that are trying to be three dimensional.

*Get ready for a Prototype rant*

I hear you. Like I'm so sick of some people calling Alex Mercer an emo or a drug dealer simply because of the way he looks. I mean Alex's attire is anything but a drug dealer and more like a biker gang leader, or even a modern ninja.

And I also hate when people call him emo just because he was complaining about having his power and wanting revenge. The reason he complained about the power was because he never asked for it and it was actually something he didn't want to go through in the beginning. His original self was more of a sociopath but only because he's lived a harsh life growing up and it made him have all these trust issues and damage to the psyche. But people aren't smart enough to realize this and simply brand him as an emo just because he didn't think of his powers as "cool".

Hell even in Prototype 2, Heller called him an "emo f*ck" even though all through P2, he was a manipulative, sardonic, cynical, asshole.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Mercer fits the profile of someone trying to look inconspicuous at most. I suppose that could be what attributed to him being called a drug dealer, since they tend to try and remain inconspicuous, but still that's dumb >.<

As for Heller, that guy was pretty much just wrong all over. The dude was a seriously unlikable neanderthal. Mercer could have totally chosen someone better :/

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
or even a modern ninja
omg, this. I love the ninja comparison. Swords, claws, whips, and blending in. Good stuff.
As for Heller, that guy was pretty much just wrong all over. The dude was a seriously unlikable neanderthal. Mercer could have totally chosen someone better :/
Now, now. I can sort of understand the very "basic" structure for his character and why Alex picked him. He just lost his family to the plague, and his training and aggressive attitude with a (twisted) sense of justice made him more or less of an ideal pick.

Not that there aren't other people with the same "qualifications" -- maybe Alex was in a hurry. Or maybe he really wasn't thinking. Who knows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three-dimensional characters don't say, "F#ck you". :troll:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Now, now. I can sort of understand the very "basic" structure for his character and why Alex picked him. He just lost his family to the plague, and his training and aggressive attitude with a (twisted) sense of justice made him more or less of an ideal pick.

True but when you go from

to

I just call him a prick.

Dante47

I miss TGS 2010 Dante. It was controversial, yes, but it was also wholly original and interesting. It boasted for more story depth and substance than the cliche rebellion plot line that we had in the final product.
Ultimately, the marketing department of Capcom narrowed Ninja Theory's creative control forcing them to make a more mediocre product. I'm surprised DmC was as good as it was.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Speaking of a TGS version of Vergil, I found fanart (finally) for this. It'll be linked since it's a rather large image and some of you might not be able to see it here. Ignore the title if it bugs you: "behave, boys" by sae85.

Luckily, there's a close up.
behave__boys____tease_by_sae85-d306hl7.jpg

Basically, Vergil keeps his "upper-class" fashion style, but is more rugged. Both brothers share the black hair with patch of white, well, in Vergil's case, bangs of white. Also, Dante has red eyes and Vergil has blue eyes; more symbolism about their personalities. Passionate, though creepy, red eyes versus cold, piercing, icy blue eyes. I can't tell what sword Vergil's using in the larger picture, I think it might be a jian even though it was probably supposed to be a katana. Still, a jian would be considered a weapon of finesse compared to the spear and dao that was generally given to lower ranking soldiers, however, that didn't mean they were inferior to the jian; just easier to learn and less flashier compared to the jian. Man, I love art...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom