• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So whatever happened TGS DmC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Never has a sweater vest looked so badass.

Vergil could make a cheerleader's outfit look badass. Dante wears things that look cool; Vergil takes it up a notch to badassery.

Check this one out: Vergil in a SS uniform. Yes, Vergil makes an outfit known for fear and destruction look badass. Another one: Vergil as the king of wolves. And here's Vergil as a femme fatale; Vergil is dangerous, so as a woman, Vergil would be a dangerous woman.
15_game_characters_challenge___09__vergil_by_hitokiri_7-d4zt69o.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind seeing more of the earlier concept art from when they were doing the TGS 10 stuff, seeing how much they've changed from then to now.

I think i would have preferred it tho if both MGR and DmC stuck with their original concepts.

Unfortunately i do think DmC would have had the same vitriol for some reason or the other.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think if you take a look at the concept art that's available, you can kind of see where they started from, what changed, and then where they ended up in the end result.

aoshi

I think you're attributing Dante's raw aggression and grittier demeanor to his overall appearance. That's where our wires are getting crossed - I'm saying the only part of Dante and Vergil that would be the same would be their physical appearance (as they are twins), but not being bruised and emotionally unhinged.

Dante's bruises are due to his fights with demons, and his physical condition itself was because of how he was treated by them. Those are specifics to Dante's character, and obviously shouldn't be attributed to Vergil, because they are significant only to Dante's backstory, and they're strictly dependent on them. Unless Vergil was treated the same way (spoilershewasn't), we'd have no reason to think Vergil would have a demeanor similar to Dante's.

Twins will look the same (feature-wise), but they will not act the same. They have different personalities, and they have different lives. You're bolded text there seems to imply to me that you'd attribute all that is Dante to all that is Vergil (aside from a change in clothing), making them identical, but that was never the case in the original, so it's odd to expect it in this iteration.

In the end, what I'm saying with my original point was that all you have to do is take 2010 Dante, clean up the cuts and bruises, put him in a dapper suit with white hair, and get rid of the scowl. I should have mentioned getting rid of the scowl earlier :x

The basic criteria of physical appearence would be compromised by cleaning-up TGS dante for vergil look we have in final game. Vergil does not need to look skinny. Yes, he covers his body completely with clothes but it would still look a lot unhealthy even with that dress(with protruding collar bone and a weak neck and shoulders).Physically, they will not be identical which they are supposed to.

Yes, Twins need not be identical physically but that's not the case with dante and vergil. And i never said dante and vergil should have same demenor. My point is dante's TGS look would not suffice vergil's demenor in the final game jus by cleaning up the bruises and giving him a hat(which was totally unnecessary).

Jackie- chan and Jet li have a lot of similarities. They both are from chinese origins and are martial arts experts. But they are not identical. Jackie-chan cannot pull the demenor of Tom lone(Jet-li look) in Rogue assassin. Even though its debatable by jackie-chan fans(as a fan myself), I would not cast jackie for that role.

Sylvester stallone and Arnold schwarzenegger have a lot of similarities. They both are physically well-built and do a lot of action films. They are not identical though and can't be replaced with each other in the roles they were cast.

Similarly a few similarities between dante and vergil in looks and origins would not suffice for them to be identical (physically) which they are supposed to. It would be an inconsistency and again need more compromise of "vergil is different this way and that way."

And there's a difference between bruised and wasted.

Bruised:
8mvv.jpg

Wasted:
p5vm.png

Now, I am not hating on this version of dante but it might sure lead to a lot of inconsistency when transformed to vergil.

Take a joke, and quite throwing around thinly-veiled insults.

Its not so funny when the joke's on you now, Is it?????

Dante47

I can't tell what sword Vergil's using in the larger picture, I think it might be a jian even though it was probably supposed to be a katana. Still, a jian would be considered a weapon of finesse compared to the spear and dao that was generally given to lower ranking soldiers, however, that didn't mean they were inferior to the jian; just easier to learn and less flashier compared to the jian.

A jian would be very interesting, and we could they could have introduced a sub plot of Vergil secretly scouring the lands for Sparda's lost weapon, the Yamato, as Dante looks for his Rebellion, as opposed to them just having required them with little to no effort. It just makes more sense to show their worthiness before having weapons of such caliber, and being forced to combat the hordes of demons and angels with practical weapons.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The basic criteria of physical appearence would be compromised by cleaning-up TGS dante for vergil look we have in final game. Vergil does not need to look skinny. Yes, he covers his body completely with clothes but it would still look a lot unhealthy even with that dress and prutruding collar bone and a weak neck and shoulders.

I'm not talking about that. You'll see I mentioned about how their features would be the same (facial structure, if you will). Vergil would have a healthier physique, as he lived a much better life than Dante. He might have himself some fuller cheeks, but that's about all that would change.

Physically, they will not be identical which they are supposed to.

What does this even mean? What way are they supposed to be identical, other than their physical facial structure, which is what I've been talking about this whole time.

Similarly a few similarities between dante and vergil in looks and origins would not suffice for them to be identical (physically) which they are supposed to. It would be an inconsistency and again need more compromise of "vergil is different this way and that way."

You keep using the word physically, when I think maybe you should be saying cosmetically. By cleaning up 2010 Dante of his wounds, changing his hair and clothing, and giving him some fuller cheeks, while keeping the physical facial structure (what makes twins look the same), and you've got yourself a 2010 Vergil.

Literally the only thing that's really being changed about that is fuller cheeks, because it's a product of a healthy diet, everything else - wounds, hair, and clothes, is all cosmetic.

And there's a difference between bruised and wasted.

Bruised:
8mvv.jpg

Wasted:
p5vm.png

Now, I am not hating on this version of dante but it might sure lead to a lot of inconsistency when transformed to vergil.

I see literally no difference between Dante and Vergil there. They are both sporting black eyes, split lips, cuts, bruises, and some bloodied clothing - all from fighting. Dante isn't sporting a "wasted" look, that's the look of someone who got into an all-out, white-knuckled brawl.

If you can't see that, there's nothing I can really say.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
LOL....The feeling is mutual. You obviously compromise a lot on your comparisons. Not my problem.

No compromises, only having to elaborate because apparently you were taking into consideration a bunch of cosmetic sh!t that I wasn't :/

And dude, you really need to find a bigger picture for your "wasted" comparison, and really take a good f#cking look at what blood and bruises look like.

Never mind, I'll do it for you.

8mvv.jpg

dante_mugshot_by_dawnstanczak-d6idrtr.jpg

Maaaaaaan, he sure looks beaten up, like Vergil does in your original picture. Hell, they have almost the same exact wounds >.<

GF9000000Returns

IMO I just think playing as a mentally unstable person is much more compelling. because DmC's dante just has that "I've got it covered no big deal" kinda attitude.. whereas TGS dante comes off as "I'll RIP YOU TO SHREDS NRAGH!"

Dante: LET'S START TEH PARTEEY!

NT Dante: ...No...

*NT Dante slices Dante in half*

aoshi

No compromises, only having to elaborate because apparently you were taking into consideration a bunch of cosmetic sh!t that I wasn't :/

laughin.gif

Jus like difference between jackie chan and jet li is cosmetic?????

Difference between sylvestor stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger is cosmetic????

OMG!!!! Nero and dante are the same cuz they both have white hair and carry giant-Ass swords on their back.....LOL

People like you make me laugh.

And that dante image is a high-resolution image with added effects as improved lighting to make bruises appealing but vergil is an in-game screenshot with no effects.

LOL......This is hilarious.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
laughin.gif

Jus like difference between jackie chan and jet li is cosmetic?????

Difference between sylvestor stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger is cosmetic????

OMG!!!! Nero and dante are the same cuz they both have white hair and carry giant-Ass swords on their back.....LOL

People like you make me laugh.

Wow man. Just...wow.

Maybe "cosmetic" isn't the best word I could use, but goddamn. All that sh!t you just said is just mindboggling. All of that stuff is physical differences based on facial and body structure - the sh!t that genetically makes up how a person looks. It's that same stuff that makes Dante and Vergil the same, they have the same facial structure and body because are genetically the same. What I referred to as "cosmetic," like bruises, hair color, and clothes, those can all change, and aren't necessarily permanent like the shape of a person's face.

Damn dude, I'm starting to think you have no idea what I'm even saying and you're just running your mouth off...

And that dante image is a high-resolution image with added effects as improved lighting to make bruises appealing but vergil is an in-game screenshot with no effects.

Then here, have one that isn't brighter, but has aaaaaaaaaall the same stuff in it, like what you admitted were bruises, and not in fact the effects of being "wasted."

new-dante.jpg

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
That pic of Dante really looks like he's been in a brawl.

even more so than Vergil, imo.

Its the same picture you used in your example of someone who is wasted?!?!?!

In my entire life time of being **** pants drunk, i've never looked like Dante in that photo, let alone stand up for the mug shot.

and also, i could see stalone and arnold switching probably 99% of their roles in movies and not really seeing a big difference. Maybe Rocky would be the exception.

If Vergil had a concept in 2010tgs, he would look different in many ways except for the facial structure. Even now, on this site, i can hardly see any similarities. Just like Trish and Eva don't look the same entirely. Its all cosmetics and where they came from that make them different. So i wouldn't think NT would just copy a showered dante and put nice clothes on him and say "this is the new Vergil". And they didn't do that anyways in the final product either so...

aoshi

Its the same picture you used in your example of someone who is wasted?!?!?!

Yeah, But i did not give a downgraded version of the original image. May be size was small.But still it was in high-resolution when vergil was an in-game screenshot(with no added effects to enhance bruised look) yet still does not look wasted.

Bruised look does not equal bravery.

Anyone can get bruises by getting beaten up by public for groping women in public places.....LOL...A high resolution image of them does not make them brave.....LOL.ZOMG!!! he is bruised...Must be a brawler....LOL.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Yeah, But i did not give a downgraded version of the original image. May be size was small.But still it was in high-resolution when vergil was an in-game screenshot(with no added effects to enhance bruised look) yet still does not look wasted.

Bruised look does not equal bravery.

Anyone can get bruises by getting beaten up by public for groping women in public places.....LOL...A high resolution image of them does not make them brave.....LOL.ZOMG!!! he is bruised...Must be a brawler....LOL.

I didn't say he won or he was brave

considering he's behind bars kinda makes Dante look like a loser.

The point i thought u were trying to make was, u think because Dante is thinner and beat up in some photos that Vergil will look the same.

What i was trying to say is that Dante will look like the way he does because he lived a grittier life style, on the run, "trust issues, kinda thing" And Vergil, although similar looking in the face, would appear more healthier or more gentleman like. Which NT has done anyways in the final product. Having Vergil look just like Dante in the TGS trailer wouldn't make much sense considering their background.

But! Because they are Nephillem, maybe their bodies are naturally fit and thats why Dante looks a little more fit in the game than the trailer. But I think its the back lash that changed all that

see what i did there??? back on topic:cool:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I just find it hilarious that for some reason he's calling Alex an "Emo fuXX" and still he is the one moping around like a baby.
what do you mean by "Wasted" ?

Do you know what it means ??

THIS >
dias2.jpg

This is NOT "wasted"
tumblr_l95glq2QBo1qa1908.jpg

aoshi

what do you mean by "Wasted" ?

Do you know what it means ??

THIS >
dias2.jpg

This is NOT "wasted"
Dante.%28Ninja.Theory%29.600.679856.jpg

I can't see one of your images.

Anyway, This is also wasted:

l6ns.jpg

Don't believe me? this webpage calls it wasted.

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/gallery/wasted/

Even though TGS dante looks bruised, He comes off as more wasted and i don't think i am the only one. Many even questioned if he was on drugs.

Why is it a big deal if i find dante wasted????Didn't he get wasted in DmC where he stood naked in front of kat.:troll:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

And dude, you really need to find a bigger picture for your "wasted" comparison, and really take a good f#cking look at what blood and bruises look like.

Never mind, I'll do it for you.

8mvv.jpg

dante_mugshot_by_dawnstanczak-d6idrtr.jpg

Maaaaaaan, he sure looks beaten up, like Vergil does in your original picture. Hell, they have almost the same exact wounds >_<
What if 2010 TGS Dante...
537.gif

... was really Vergil all along??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom