• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so, what now?

Vinosh

Devil May Cry dead. Sometimes old dmc game I will play it. But I buy Bayonetta 2 :inlove:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'd rather accept disney infinity as a substitute for DMC before I ever say Platinum games. Bayo is cute but it's not DMC.
omg yes this

.... btw is DI any good? I'll still need an action fix, so some recommendations (old and new and non-platinum) would be nice -- if it's not too much trouble, I mean.

In any case, if I'm able, I'll see if I can work on a 2D side-scoller metroidvania "DMC-type" title (Demons Will Clash) in that combines the best of Muramasa and PSAS -- Smash Bros Brawl also had a great metroidvania feature known as the "Subspace Emissary," so that's also something to think about.

http://www.cheatcc.com/extra/howtomaketheperfectfightinggame.html

I know things like "Mugen" are really hard to create, but perhaps with a bit of flexibility and imagination, it could be done; after all, one guy made Dust: An Elysian Tail; therefore, it might be within the realm of possibility.

5 Months Later:

I'M STILL ON MY FIRST DAMN SPRITE *JUMPS OFF BRIDGE* :dead:

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I'd rather accept disney infinity as a substitute for DMC before I ever say Platinum games. Bayo is cute but it's not DMC.
Neither is Disney Infinity and I know exactly why you're using Disney Infinity, cause Ninja Theory is already sticking their nose into it which is why I'm not going anywhere near it, but I wasn't even interested in it anyway.

I never said Bayonetta is DMC, it's still a very good substitute, nothing else will ever be DMC, unless Ninja Gaiden ditches the mainstream cockheads and goes hardcore again, but I'd rather have extremely fun to play and challenging games with hack n slash gameplay to fill DMCs gap instead of a kids game with Ratchet & Clank gameplay. But hey, to each his own.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Devil May Cry is dead.

Say what you want about Bayonetta but at least it actually does things with its lore unlike DMC.

No, it's too early to say that. It's just a rushed statement, we need to wait more to claim that. We gamers have already seen IPs we thought to be dead revived when we less expected them to be revived.
Also, Bayonetta is a relatively young IP, unlike DMC. We'll see after a few more chapters...

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
No, it's too early to say that. It's just a rushed statement, we need to wait more to claim that. We gamers have already seen IPs we thought to be dead revived when we less expected them to be revived.
Also, Bayonetta is a relatively young IP, unlike DMC. We'll see after a few more chapters...

No its been 6 yrs since a DMC game with the silver haired Dante was released. It's dead.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
No its been 6 yrs since a DMC game with the silver haired Dante was released. It's dead.

6 years are not enough for me to say DMC is dead. LOL it's been almost 10 years since the last Doom was made, but there is another one in the works. Or what about, let's say, Unreal Tournament? 7 years since its last chapter, and the new one is in development. And there are other cases, of even older franchises, man. Therefore, I can't say DMC is dead because 6 years have passed since DMC4.
As I said, other franchises people thought to be dead has been revived after more than 6 years. So, if DMC is dead for you, fine by me, but don't try to sell us that as a fact.

Last edited:

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
6 years are not enough for me to say DMC is dead. LOL it's been almost 10 years since the last Doom was made, but there is another one in the works. Or what about, let's say, Unreal Tournament? 7 years since its last chapter, and the new one is in development. And there are other cases, of even older franchises, man. Therefore, I can't say DMC is dead because 6 years have passed since DMC4.
As I said, other franchises people thought to be dead has been revived after more than 6 years. So, if DMC is dead for you, fine by me, but don't try to sell us that as a fact.

This is Capcom we're talking about when they kill things, they leave them dead(Megaman, Onimusha)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
This is Capcom we're talking about when they kill things, they leave them dead(Megaman, Onimusha)

But that's the point, we can't know if they decided to kill DMC. There are no substantial clues for that, at all.
To start thinking that, I'd wait another couple of years at least.
You have your reasons to think what you think, I have mine to think what I think. Only time will tell who's right, for now it's just a matter of opinions and speculation. For what we know, they may have abandoned DMC as well as thinking how to bring back the original saga, like someone said in another thread (I think this is way more probable). Who will live, will see.

Last edited:

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
i think capcom's plan is to release another new reboot after 10 years when everyone forget about DMC. since they have no idea where to take this series.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Yeah, but you said 'Devil May Cry is dead', not 'DMC is dead'. DMC has been gone for six years, but Devil May Cry has been alive up to 2013, with the release of DmC.

If Capcom wants to continue with the Devil May Cry franchise, they will find a way. It could mean developing DmC2, it could mean rebooting it a second time, or it could mean developing DMC5. If they can find a way to explain plotholes in DMC5, including Nero (the biggest plothole of them all), then I think they should go for it. I don't know what their plan is, but I doubt they have the patience to wait ten years only to reboot it again. They're still a company, and they're always thinking about what their staff wants to do, what gamers want, and what is going to make the largest profit. A 'reboot in ten years' (according to dreadnought_dante) doesn't fit with that. DmC2 also doesn't seem like a good idea. The first one wasn't received very well in sales, and that's still the most important thing to Capcom. DMC5 might not happen either, since it's a plothole mess (mainly since DMC4) they wouldn't want to fix.

So... maybe they'll do a retcon? Or they'll give it to Kamiya or someone else, who will then reboot it? It could take a long time, though.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well Life goes on so i'll probably just find other games or shows to interest my time. Since im still wanting to be a writer, I might as well try my hand at writing some fanfics for DMC. These is a renewed interest in seeing tGS10 Dante and what his story would have been so i might try that.

I dont wanna give up hope like I did with Jak and Daxter and Prince of persia but sometimes the truth hurts. Best we can do is let it go and move on. Who knows? maybe they would pull a ff15 and blow us away one day?

After all Tekken 7:cool:

Top Bottom