• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Silent Hill Homecoming banned for Australia

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
Apparently because it is "too violent," and was thusly denied a rating.

Which I don't get, because apprently RE4 is allowed, and that involved chainsaw decapitations, but oh well.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
It wouldnt be banned in the U.K as the only game ever to be banned is Man hunt 2 and they allow GTA which makes kids start killing people .......

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sucks doesn't it? I believe I was the one to present this information in Dante's Silent Hill Homecoming thread, it's just another example of Australia trying to jump onto bandwagon issues and going over the top while doing it.

No other country has effectively banned the game as far as I know, Germany delayed their release date, but they didn't ban it, so there we go, Australia once more goes over the top in their censoring issues, that on top of paying that much more for games, eh...In the words of Yahtzee, I suppose you could call it the "Having the nicest beaches tax", but even that doesn't effectively sum up how much it fails.

This is the only thing putting me off of moving to Australia permanently.

ManOfMayhem

Your moving to Australia!? Where in Australia? And why dont you buy it when it releases from the US and come and move here.

this sucks silent hill is the best survival horror game i ever played i dont understand why did they ban it anyways the only thing left for people in australia is to buy a pirated version of the game that might work and would teach them a lesson not to ban games cuz that spreads piracy

The dark knight

You can't live in Australia! :lol: They passed a law so only people born there can own property at all! :lol: :lol:
Angelo Credo;127515 said:
Sucks doesn't it? I believe I was the one to present this information in Dante's Silent Hill Homecoming thread, it's just another example of Australia trying to jump onto bandwagon issues and going over the top while doing it.

No other country has effectively banned the game as far as I know, Germany delayed their release date, but they didn't ban it, so there we go, Australia once more goes over the top in their censoring issues, that on top of paying that much more for games, eh...In the words of Yahtzee, I suppose you could call it the "Having the nicest beaches tax", but even that doesn't effectively sum up how much it fails.

This is the only thing putting me off of moving to Australia permanently.

Dark Drakan

Admin
omenminator;127424 said:
It wouldnt be banned in the U.K as the only game ever to be banned is Man hunt 2 and they allow GTA which makes kids start killing people .......

Thrill Kill was the only one to my knowledge (and i had it). Manhunt 2 was eventually granted a release on 31st Oct i believe.

The dark knight;127700 said:
You can't live in Australia! :lol: They passed a law so only people born there can own property at all! :lol: :lol:

really?
damn it i think that they are returning back to the middle ages with such a law!
and they call themselves a democratic country!

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
It is very likely they banned Silent Hill and not Resident Evil4 because Silent Hill has a more disturbing paranormal theme.

Sparda™

^ Resident Evil compensates horror with action and such and is less psychological.

Silent Hill aims to your fears and possess your mind with It.

yeah i could also add that silent hill is much more realistic than re so it is much more disturbing i still remember the old days when i plyed sh1 alone in my dark room i was very scared to play it a that time

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
The government want smoking and alcohol to stop, yet they continue to produce the items which have more harm and effect on the youth than a video game which can help people escape from reality which is now.
Why don't they ban violent films, posters and such? Why don't you JUST ban school, since it has both physical and mental impact on a child, possibily leading to suicide and the hurt of others opposed to a game? My street is more dangerous than a bunch of pixels floating on the screen.
Games have given me a better world to be in while playing than anything; i'm not a realist, im a surrealist, I like what isn't real as do many others.
The government makes no money from companies selling games other than gamestores like Gamestation paying for rent, which doesnt sum to much overall. So they don't give a damn and decide to ban which doesn't give much profit.
Just unban the game, and let children/teens experience more than a closed, media shaped world. It makes no difference what way a child learns and harderns a mental state.

Top Bottom