• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sephiroth vs Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Kaihedgie;141886 said:
It's noted in DMC4 that Dante is possibly more powerful than his father. After all that Dante's been through, I wouldn't have second thoughts about him.

Also, I don't think the anime is canon. In addition, he originally gave the Sparda to Trish. It's not that Dante can't use the Sparda, it's just that he chooses not to. He surely didn't have any trouble going toe to toe with a 'holy' statue empowered by his own father's weapon either.

Yes, anime is canon.
WTF...how did you NOT know this?

Kaihedgie

Esura;142150 said:
Yes, anime is canon.
WTF...how did you NOT know this?

Spinoff animated series usually don't count. And for the record, I never watched the entire thing, so don't hold it against me for not knowin'. XP

But anywayz, we've covered all angles and we're gettin' obviously nowhere close to a solid agreement on who could beat who.

Esura

Kaihedgie;142156 said:
Spinoff animated series usually don't count. And for the record, I never watched the entire thing, so don't hold it against me for not knowin'. XP

But anywayz, we've covered all angles and we're gettin' obviously nowhere close to a solid agreement on who could beat who.

In this case, the DMC anime is canon. Not only has it been announced by Capcom, but nearly everyone here always ends up mentioning it during discussions. I assumed that every member here should at least know this. Hell, I knew b4 watching it all that it was canon just during my first week here LOL.

Kaihedgie

Esura;142161 said:
In this case, the DMC anime is canon. Not only has it been announced by Capcom, but nearly everyone here always ends up mentioning it during discussions. I assumed that every member here should at least know this. Hell, I knew b4 watching it all that it was canon just during my first week here LOL.

Well then, in light of this, we pretty much have another point for Dante in his victory against Abigail, and he only had to use a tiny bit of his Devil Trigger to get the job done, not to mention this is after the first game. I'd say that's a pretty good estimation of his power growth after the events of the first game.

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Black Angel;141505 said:
For the people above who decided to fill a perfectly good Vrs thread with spam, grow up.

If you don't like the vrs thread DON'T POST HERE. You are ruining it for the rest of us who can carry on a mature discussion.

yeah, this is a thread for mature people, who like civilized arguments that we enjoy because we are intellectual.:cool:

And people who write ideas here don't take stuff personally, because we're mature enough to enjoy other people opinions, not just ours.^_^

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Zato-OW;141845 said:
Why do people always tend to bring up Dante defeating Mundus? Dante did it with the help of the Sparda(Sparda's Power, with out this there is no way he could beat Mundus.) and Trish to finish him off(Jackpot). He didn't win on his own.

Well, if you want to bring that up, well Cloud has a full party with him when he defeated Sephiroth in FF7.

And its been stated(i'm saying it all over again, hmff.) in the story theater in DMC4 that Dante has grown stronger than his old man.

and the standard of strength that Sephiroth and Cloud is on, it's safe to say that it's below Dante's level of strength. while the FF7 boys are on a "bio-engineered/superhuman" level of strength, Dante and the DMC cast is on an "evil, otherwordly/demonic" juice kind of thing.;)

Zato-OW

King
IT HAS NEVER STATED THAT HE SURPASSED HIM. Now it says he READ>>>"May Have" surpassed Sparda(this means that its unknown). Saying it as a rumor. We know that he isn't stronger then the Devil World Sparda(Sparda that owned Mundus) but the Sparda they are referring to in DMC4 to is the post human world Sparda(Sparda that sealed his powers off) which is a toss up. Its so obvious that Sephiroth is on Dante's level(not above). Also think about what you just wrote? Then re watch cut scenes and game play from FF7 games and movies...

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Zato-OW;142192 said:
IT HAS NEVER STATED THAT HE SURPASSED HIM. Now it says he READ>>>"May Have" surpassed Sparda(this means that its unknown). Saying it as a rumor. We know that he isn't stronger then the Devil World Sparda(Sparda that owned Mundus) but the Sparda they are referring to in DMC4 to is the post human world Sparda(Sparda that sealed his powers off) which is a toss up. Its so obvious that Sephiroth is on Dante's level(not above). Also think about what you just wrote? Then re watch cut scenes and game play from FF7 games and movies...

But remember on DMC1 that Dante reached that peak of power, that of which was equal to his father's, which to point out, also allowed him to thrash Mundus.Capische?

and uh,whoah, cool it down, buddy.this is just a debate thread, no biggies...:cool:

Zato-OW

King
I had to do it that way. People seem to always say that DMC4 stated that he was stronger then Sparda, which is false.

Kaihedgie

Zato-OW;142676 said:
I had to do it that way. People seem to always say that DMC4 stated that he was stronger then Sparda, which is false.

How could it be false if it's clearly written in the game? It's a pretty strong possibility he is stronger than Sparda, given his power from then and now and then goin' into DMC2.

Esura

Kaihedgie;142677 said:
How could it be false if it's clearly written in the game? It's a pretty strong possibility he is stronger than Sparda, given his power from then and now and then goin' into DMC2.

Actually, DMC4 stated, word for word from the booklet, "Some say that his skill and power have surpassed even that of the legendary Sparda himself."

Its clearly stated as pure rumor and not fact. It was supposed to essentially be an exaggeration of sorts to emphasize his growth. Its like when Lebron James first started getting recognition in basketball. Everyone said that hes the next Michael Jordan or better than Michael Jordan, although ppl know thats not tru, they say it as an exaggerated compliment.

Kaihedgie

Esura;142686 said:
Actually, DMC4 stated, word for word from the booklet, "Some say that his skill and power have surpassed even that of the legendary Sparda himself."

Its clearly stated as pure rumor and not fact. It was supposed to essentially be an exaggeration of sorts to emphasize his growth. Its like when Lebron James first started getting recognition in basketball. Everyone said that hes the next Michael Jordan or better than Michael Jordan, although ppl know thats not tru, they say it as an exaggerated compliment.

Here's the thing though; this is a video game. I mean, you could really take their word for it. Displaying the kind of skills and abilities he had, why wouldn't he be stronger than his father? He's gone up against his own father's weapon twice and live to tell the tale...or just go out for some pizza. Sure he had help, but the fact he was able to go toe to toe with a freakin' giant flying statue is somethin'.

Esura

Kaihedgie;142691 said:
Here's the thing though; this is a video game. I mean, you could really take their word for it. Displaying the kind of skills and abilities he had, why wouldn't he be stronger than his father? He's gone up against his own father's weapon twice and live to tell the tale...or just go out for some pizza. Sure he had help, but the fact he was able to go toe to toe with a freakin' giant flying statue is somethin'.

Yeah it is something, but until Dante can wipe out numerous high leveled demons like Mundus or Argosax singlehandedly without aid from someone like Trish or without handicap ( Argosax nor Mundus wasnt even at FULL power ) THEN Dante can say hes truly surpassed Sparda. And as far as going up against his father's weapon, Arkham didnt even know how to use its power at all and Dante didnt go up against Sanctus when he had Sparda, Nero did, remember? Dante only went againt the statue.

Kaihedgie

Esura;142695 said:
Yeah it is something, but until Dante can wipe out numerous high leveled demons like Mundus or Argosax singlehandedly without aid from someone like Trish or without handicap ( Argosax nor Mundus wasnt even at FULL power ) THEN Dante can say hes truly surpassed Sparda. And as far as going up against his father's weapon, Arkham didnt even know how to use its power at all and Dante didnt go up against Sanctus when he had Sparda, Nero did, remember? Dante only went againt the statue.

Dood, Dante fighting the statue itself is saying something. In addition, Sanctus couldn't even use true power of Sparda since his heart wasn't in the right place either.

Zato-OW

King
The fact is that in DMC4 it is looked at as a rumor. Also The Savior was no where near at complete power because he needed either Sparda's full blood or something close of that nature and Nero's blood was thinned out. Now Sparda defeated all 4 kings of Hell and sealed them. Dante has only defeated one and it stated in the anime that Abigail was on of the weaker of the 4 which means seeing as Dante has to use his DT to defeat him, it goes to show you the truth. Sparda beaten all these guys at their full potential. Now DMC2 Dante was stated by Kobayashi to be a "God" mode Dante and overpowered and untouchable but they also said DMC2 is set far far in the future.

Esura

Zato-OW;142714 said:
The fact is that in DMC4 it is looked at as a rumor. Also The Savior was no where near at complete power because he needed either Sparda's full blood or something close of that nature and Nero's blood was thinned out. Now Sparda defeated all 4 kings of Hell and sealed them. Dante has only defeated one and it stated in the anime that Abigail was on of the weaker of the 4 which means seeing as Dante has to use his DT to defeat him, it goes to show you the truth. Sparda beaten all these guys at their full potential. Now DMC2 Dante was stated by Kobayashi to be a "God" mode Dante and overpowered and untouchable but they also said DMC2 is set far far in the future.

I agree but, wtf does Nero's blood thinning have to do with anything? When did his blood thin? I dont remember that shnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom