• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sephiroth vs Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante's DT's allow him to fly also, but unfortunately for only a short period of time.

As much as Dante would hold out, and I assume this would be a long and epic battle. I say that in the end Dante would most likely tire and lose to Sephiroth.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Black Angel;141763 said:
^That is not at all true. Sephiroth can manipulate his spirit to become something close to a god, like at the end of FF7.

Safer Sephiroth = Godlike proportions.

Sephiroth can fly, teleport, manipulate minds, super strength, super speed, duplicate himself, can astral project himself, & can cause Supernovas (yes he can).

Dante Will Die

Esura

Black Angel;141773 said:
^I forgot Supernova:lol:

I hate when he use Supernova on me whenever I was about to finish him off with KotR (Knights of the Round) summoning. Supernova basically destroys you, leaving you with only 1 HP and 1 MP, and he attacks right afterwards!

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^And that attack can leave you with a few nasty status effects too.:lol:

The onely way to beat the attack is to use the only ribbon in the game on ur best character. And hope.

Esura

Black Angel;141778 said:
^And that attack can leave you with a few nasty status effects too.:lol:

The onely way to beat the attack is to use the only ribbon in the game on ur best character. And hope.

True.
I think thats why that there is a single Ribbon prior to Safer Sephiroth bcause of the Supernova attack.

Kaihedgie

Black Angel;141763 said:
^That is not at all true. Sephiroth can manipulate his spirit to become something close to a god, like at the end of FF7.

Sephiroth lost that power when he died, and that was a one-time power only. He can't attain it again.

Even if he could, you forget that Dante defeated the King of the Underworld, so even if Sephiroth could use that form again, it still does not mean he can win. In addition, the Supernova attack animation is merely cosmetic since the planets are still there when he uses the attack again. In addition, he's gone up against the greatest power that was Sparda, twice.

Even gods can fall too.

Kaihedgie

Black Angel;141786 said:
^Not true, no one EVER said he couldn't do it again.

There's no need for him to even assume the form again. Since he is a completely new being completely separate from Jenova, I'd doubt he'd want to use it. Also, why must we bring up Sephiroth's Safer form if this is a fight between swordsmen?

Also, I would have to agree with Esura on this again, I think it's stupid we're arguing about this in the first place. We're talkin' about a dead character fighting against someone whose alive, and there's no way to bring back Sephiroth again either since no traces of Jenova exist anymore.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Dante isn't even a good swordsman.

His moves in-game are cool, but impractical. You would not get away with that move set in real life.

Sorry, double posted by accident.

Kaihedgie

Black Angel;141796 said:
Dante isn't even a good swordsman.

His moves in-game are cool, but impractical. You would not get away with that move set in real life.

Sorry, double posted by accident.

Dante may not be the best swordsman, but despite his implied lack of swordsmanship, he did best Vergil, who was much more of a swordsman than he was since he was using an actual style. With Dante, he seems to be proficient with whatever weapon he picks up. Despite barely having touched the Yamato, he displays similar skills with it.

shadow clone

sowrdmaster
Also, I would have to agree with Esura on this again, I think it's stupid we're arguing about this in the first place. We're talkin' about a dead character fighting against someone whose alive, and there's no way to bring back Sephiroth again either since no traces of Jenova exist anymore.

It doesnt matter that sephiroth is dead, no timeline like was stated in the opening post so there nothing wrong with talking about sephiroth abilitys before he was killed and how would stack up with dante. Its just a bit of fun.

Kaihedgie

shadow clone;141800 said:
It doesnt matter that sephiroth is dead, no timeline like was stated in the opening post so there nothing wrong with talking about sephiroth abilitys before he was killed and how would stack up with dante. Its just a bit of fun.

Dood, for the last couple of days, we've been goin' around in circles about characters from two different universes goin' at it. This is a board discussing Devil May Cry in general, not a crossover board that incites arguments that could escalate into flame wars. Just take Mario Vs. Sonic for example.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
We don't know he never touched the Yamato before, but I'll give you that one.:lol:

He did beat Vergil, but that fight was nowhare near as difficult as the Sephiroth fight.

Kaihedgie

Black Angel;141802 said:
^We don't know he never touched the Yamato before, but I'll give you that one.:lol:

He did beat Vergil, but that fight was nowhare near as difficult as the Sephiroth fight.

The first time he used Yamato was brief when he teamed up with Vergil to defeat Arkham. Both of them switched their swords and used them in successful tandem. It also helps that Dante himself was fighting against an empowered Vergil who was literally all over the place, unleashing barrages of Judgment Cuts at a blinding speed and brimming with immense demonic energy. Dante only had to answer with his sword and innate demonic power. Even with Mundus' enhancements made to Vergil, Dante still won in the end.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Kaihedgie;141801 said:
Dood, for the last couple of days, we've been goin' around in circles about characters from two different universes goin' at it. This is a board discussing Devil May Cry in general, not a crossover board that incites arguments that could escalate into flame wars. Just take Mario Vs. Sonic for example.

^Dude, You do NOT decide what can or cannot be discussed on the forum.

The rest of us are having fun with the discussion, if you aren't mature enough to talk about this DON'T POST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom