• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revisiting Vergil

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It's no speculation, it's just the way it is. Saying "fragments of Nelo Angelo" literally means pieces of his flesh. But there's no flesh in Bianco Angelos. It's the library that makes no sense, not me.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
It's no speculation, it's just the way it is. Saying "fragments of Nelo Angelo" literally means pieces of his flesh. But there's no flesh in Bianco Angelos. It's the library that makes no sense, not me.
Oh sure, I suppose the library just accidentally left out the word 'armor' twice? Are you kidding me?
Also, since when does flesh decompose into 'fragments'? That makes no sense.

''Bianco Angelo (formerly White Knight): A man-made soldier made
from the fragments of a demon known as the "dark angel".''

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Oh sure, I suppose the library just accidentally left out the word 'armor' twice? Are you kidding me?
Also, since when does flesh decompose into 'fragments'? That makes no sense.

That's the point. Flesh doesn't decompose into fragments. Therefore, a literal interpretation of that library's statement makes no sense. So it's obvious (or it should be... sigh) that Bianco Angelos are made of fragments of Nelo's armor, not Nelo himself, which is made of flesh and bones.

And yes, it's actually probable that they missed the word armor twice. We all know how rushed DMC4 was. They didn't even take the time to do such an important thing like testing Dante (he has various glitches in the game), let alone a minor thing like checking the library.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
That's the point. Flesh doesn't decompose into fragments. Therefore, a literal interpretation of that library's statement makes no sense. So it's obvious (or it should be... sigh) that Bianco Angelos are made of fragments of Nelo's armor, not Nelo himself, which is made of flesh and bones.

And yes, it's actually probable that they missed the word armor twice. We all know how rushed DMC4 was. They didn't even take the time to do such an important thing like testing Dante (he has various glitches in the game), let alone a minor thing like checking the library.
I don't know, the rest of DMC4's library seems very decent, not rushed at all. It would be very coincidental if they just happened to make this big a mistake in the file about the Bianco Angelos, leaving out an entire word (I think twice). Listen, I know you guys want Vergil to return, but I think those demons are literally made of fragments of Nero Angelo, like the game specifically says. Hell, since he didn't really explode in DMC1, why would there be any fragments of his armor in the first place? Or did Mundus just destroy his armor and go 'oops, forgot to clean it up'?

It's quite possible Vergil didn't have his real body in DMC1. His body might've just been fashioned to represent Mundus's vision of Sparda, as Nero Angelo was after all made to resemble Sparda. His theme alone should hint at that (Ultraviolet). It would explain why Vergil's hairstyle is more like Sparda's - a little bit more slicked back.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, made of fragments of Nelo Angelo, as I explained, doesn't make sense, since he's a flesh being, and only his armor is metallic. Unless, as you suggest, Mundus somehow changed his body... kinda unlikely though.

But hey, I saw that other thread reporting the news that more info are gonna be revealed next year. So, let's wait and see what Capcom has (or doesn't have...) in store for Vergil.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

I don't buy DMC 4 being rushed. There is really no evidence to back this up. I blame it on them just being lazy. Even if such evidence surfaces, it doesn't change the fact how half assed that game is. Something the Special Edition should address, if not, that's sad.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't buy DMC 4 being rushed. There is really no evidence to back this up. I blame it on them just being lazy. Even if such evidence surfaces, it doesn't change the fact how half assed that game is. Something the Special Edition should address, if not, that's sad.

Yeah, whatever. The cause why the game was half assed was not the point of my post. The game itself being half assed was. I used the term rushed just for convenience.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
When it came to Nelo Angelo, Mundus just turned Vergil in to one of his puppets and the kind of armor he fitted him in was the tool. Being a puppeteer seems to be a specialty of his. All the minions around his castle are marionettes.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Well, made of fragments of Nelo Angelo, as I explained, doesn't make sense, since he's a flesh being, and only his armor is metallic. Unless, as you suggest, Mundus somehow changed his body... kinda unlikely though.

But hey, I saw that other thread reporting the news that more info are gonna be revealed next year. So, let's wait and see what Capcom has (or doesn't have...) in store for Vergil.
Even if he were flesh and blood and not a physical facsimile of Sparda, why would it only be possible for his body to be turned into shards? When Dante defeats demons, their souls are actually fluid, physical things: you can see them floating towards Dante. So what if the DMC4 library meant that Vergil's soul was hard, and it somehow shattered? Then those shards were used to create Bianco Angelos. That would explain why the file literally says those demons are made of fragments of Nero Angelo.

Seems like Capcom has yet another thing (besides Nero and his arm, I mean) to explain. This is going to be a huge undertaking for Capcom - let's hope they don't F it up as usual. Let's hope they actually get some decent writers and manage to keep them.

What I'm trying to say is, there's no evidence for anything. You say that it's obvious that the DMC4 library meant that those demons were made out of fragments of Nero Angelo's armor, but really, you're just guessing. We don't even know if Nero Angelo's armor still existed after DMC1. For all we know, Mundus utterly destroyed it. So how can you be so sure that those demons were made out of Nero Angelo's armor?

We don't know anything right now. The only thing we've got to go on is the DMC4 library file on Bianco Angelos being made out of fragments of Nero Angelo. I'm not willing to make a blatant guess like you are - the only logical thing to do right now is to stick with the DMC4 library explanation, and we'll see what Capcom really meant *later*. We'll see if they'll explain it in DMC4 SE.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Playing as Vergil would've been even better if he had been given his own bosses, and---I dunno---maybe more than two cutscenes? Or hey...how about levels that---GASP---aren't just recycled from Dante's compaign?! :eek:

But, no. He just wanders the same bland corridors as Dante, fulfilling the same objectives but with less efficiency because he only has one style, and not nearly as many weapons. He's like the Nero before Nero...

If Capcom really is serious about the whole "off-spring" thing, then I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay I'm sick of repeating the same stuff.

These types of comments:

"DON'T STOP BELIEVING" @Vergilius

"HE'S DEAD" @Chancey289

These posts bring nothing to the discussion. At least nothing truly relevant. Don't make comments like this, please.

@Lord Nero: I'm wondering whether the edit button seems to elude you at times. Double posting is against forum rules. Yet here is an example of triple posting. Please edit your posts accordingly and allow others time to reply before posting again.

It also appears that you lost your memory briefly and forgot that we've reminded everybody countless times not to get around the swear filter.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, it's a stall. The library doesn't make sense, and my guess, although backed up by logic, is still a guess. On one thing we can agree for sure: it's up to Capcom to explain these things. But, I don't know... I don't think they will in the DMC4 SE. There's a possibility, but I have that feeling...

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Transformed soul of his departed brother Vergil.

At the root of Nero Angelo's chivalry lies his origins; for within the demon's body reststhe soul of Vergil , Dante's vanquished brother, now a pawn subject to Mundus's machinations.

He's dead!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Him being dead doesn't mean he can't possibly get a campaign. As I said, it can be set during the time of his story in the DMC4 novel.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil (mentioned as being Nero's father etc) and now also possibly being linked to the story of DMC 4, whether set before or after. Either way, any appearance of Vergil prior to the events of DMC 4 or after would confirm that he is not dead. As DMC 1 is placed a year or two before DMC 4. That said, it would mean Vergil didn't die.

Top Bottom