• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil (and survival horror in general), kind of disappoints me now...

Gasoline Tank

I have giving up on RE, for the time being.

That isn't to say I don't care about it. That's not remotely factual. But it did go downhill and end up pretty darn convoluted. So I think I need a break from squawking on about it. You know?

Goldsickle

B-b-b-but I don't have a PS5 yet!!

Gasoline Tank

You'll be glad to know that I'm effectively retired from rambling about RE now.

Will I still talk about it occasionally? Maybe. But I'm not gonna write like 4361 word essays on it anymore. That will just bore you to death. There's no point. If you've seen one of my longer posts about it, you'll have seen everything there is to see. So repeating myself like a macaw isn't good for my health. I'm gonna try to be more optimistic as well. Not always a giving with me I can admit, as again, I do not believe Capcom are to be trusted, and I'm sure they're gonna seriously invite backlash for fans in some capacity. But it's not like my opinion or even your opinion matters a damn to them anyhow. It's just a game! :D

Yes. The remakes are vaporware to me. But that isn't to say you yourselves didn't enjoy them. Me personally, I thought there was a lot of laziness on their part with missing assets, monsters, and other stuff like the bowgun not being included. But whatever, man. What's done is done.

So I say, just enjoy the damn games for what they are. Yes, some games are indeed dog muck and pish. I stand by that viewpoint, too. But then you can just act like some games don't exist, or matter in your mind, and play the ones YOU do like. With how Capcom makes RE games nowadays anyway, they are becoming more self-contained, and it's not like Chris Redfield is gonna die any day soon, since Rosemary confirmed this already. So that's cool, I suppose. And I mean, we all know Capcom hasn't got the Spanish nuts to kill off any of the main characters in any case. Which on one hand, is fine. Chris is RE royalty, after all. Just as Jill is. But come on. Where the hell is Jill these days?

So, by all means, Capcom. Do milk away. ;)

P.S. I'll never get tired of correcting these typos. :p

Last edited:

Gasoline Tank

Oh, you're gonna make me pine for The Evil Within to come back. :D

It has been years since the second one came out. It was released back in 2017. At the time though, I remember thinking it was the best Silent Hill alternative around. Yet it has RE4 style gameplay.

Gasoline Tank

I am bored silly with having no new horror he's to enjoy, so RE4 will likely be the highlight of 2023 for the first half of the year.

Gasoline Tank

Yeah. Jill being absent for years does suck. I absolutely hate her redesign in the RE3 remake, by the way. And that game in general is just ass. I really don't get how hard it was to put Barry in the ending. Hell, even get Troy Baker to play him. Who cares? But Barry not showing up was dumb, because the canon ending was that he came to rescue Jill, as well as Carlos too. This has basically always been the true ending, despite there being that other ending. Without his help, Jill wouldn't have gotten out of Raccoon City before it was destroyed.

I feel like Capcom just wet the bed with these remakes. 2 and 3. I don't get how a lot of folk praise 2, but hate on 3. When really, both of those remakes are flawed in many ways. Yet if you go on any major gaming reviews site, the remake of 2 is said to be a classic. I don't think it can lace up the boots of the original RE2, but I guess it's still pretty good to a degree.

Anyway, I don't give a crap about the overall lore any longer, since Capcom themselves don't care enough about it either. The RE4 remake does look stunning, though. However, that's a remake once again, as opposed to receiving some new game. When it comes to new storylines, how about resolving some of the old ones? You know? There's a lot of stuff they never get back to even really properly focusing on. So I mean, what's the point in being a fan who cares about the plot? They don't even try to make it make any actual sense.

And yes. I guess it's dumb to care about 'B' movie type bull crap, but it's what a fan does, I suppose.

Top Bottom