• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Relatively unpopular opinions about any and everything

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont think the returning characters add a lot to MGSV and wished their places were covered with new characters instead.

I enjoyed Eli and probably would've enjoyed episode 51. However I rather have gotten a return to Camp Omega and a Skull face boss fight instead. The latter feels more fitting to the story the game was trying to tell.

But thats a common problem with the Big Boss era games. There is a disconnect between the stories it set up and the ones it ultimately told.

Prequels are tough.

Last edited:

Taramafor

I dont think the returning characters add a lot to MGSV and wished their places were covered with new characters instead.

I enjoyed Eli and probably would've enjoyed episode 51. However I rather have gotten a return to Camp Omega and a Skull face boss fight instead. The latter feels more fitting to the story the game was trying to tell.

But thats a common problem with the Big Boss era games. There is a disconnect between the stories it set up and the ones it ultimately told.

Prequels are tough.
Honestly? Game is a bit overhyped, even if it is good.

First: No real indoor combat. I wanted more indoor combat. The mansion was neat enough. But we don't get indoor locations in the other missions/open world.

Second: The open world is empty. Get big patrols. Armies moving. etc. If there's a mod for that I might put the game back on.

Third: It's not a finished game. THe company fought against itself.

There's unfinished footage with Elie at the end, which explains a lot. He puts the gun to his own head after Venom hands him the gun. He can't target Venom. Because Venom is giving him the choice.

He ends up not doing it of course. It helps to explain Eli's drive when he's older in Metal Gear Solid.

Metal Gear does one thing well. "Hard situations." Pushing people to make the hard choices. Eli grew up learning that the hard way. So he teaches that to Solid Snake later.

Memes. The DNA of the soul.

Top Bottom