• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

READ THIS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Sparda™;185513 said:
Nero will never be original as he has Vergil's sword. As long as he possesses Yamato, he will be just a Dante+Vergil clone - along with other traits he shares with Dante - his trash-like talk in many situations.

Nero is a teenager...he is supposed to be a smart ass...and maybe there will be something...like a new weapon for Nero....but he has yamato and kicks ass with it...it's funny how when dante held it he wasn't copying but now all of a sudden anyone who isn't vergil or dante or sparda who holds it is a clone...wtf....capcom will more than likely give him his own dt...and new devil arms...but u gotta give them a break...they were trying out this character for the first time....here's a theroy...wat if the reason why dante is so dark is so dark in the present games and nero isn't in two....maybe dante killed nero after realizing their relation...and he's all upset?

Zato-OW

King
I don't think he will be a "clone" if he uses the Yamato. Its how he uses it that should decide if hes clones his style or not. Now Dante was a clone of Vergil when he used the Yamato. Nero has his own style to him actually. Even though he trash talks he always has an attitude to go with it. Dante just trash talks and laughs it off as if "EVERYTHING" is a joke. They are similar but not the same. As I can tell Nero has his own personality in DMC4.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Zato-OW;185725 said:
Dante just trash talks and laughs it off as if "EVERYTHING" is a joke. They are similar but not the same. As I can tell Nero has his own personality in DMC4.

Exactly, Nero brought a lot more to DMC4 as a character than Dante did.

Darth Angelo

Yeah and the only reason Dante was in that game was because Capcom were scared of fans complaining about Dante not being in it, even though they just could have stuck him in the bloody palace or something. But no we would have missed out on all of the pointless clowning around before his only worthwhile contribution wouldn't we?

Proving that their desire to please the DMC3 fanboys has taken priority over pretty much everything else. They are so shaken up by our reaction to 2, they chose to introduce a completely new character just so they didn't have to give Dante a serious side. Which according to when it is set, he should still have.
(there was probably more to it than that but you know..that's what it feels like)

Sparda™

Dante, in one way or the other, will always be playable in Devil May Cry.

Although for replay values, I enjoy Dante a lot more than Nero.

darkslayer23

Corrupted Son Of Sparda
Sparda™;185599 said:
vergilnero.jpg

What an epic concept . Right this art concept of nero in his D.T is a match on his DEVIL AVATAR in DMC 4

Tramendium

I think DMC5 Dante should quite opposite in personality to DMC4 you know cold, ruthless...more demonic...

Darth Angelo

Tramendium;186022 said:
I think DMC5 Dante should quite opposite in personality to DMC4 you know cold, ruthless...more demonic...

Yay ^_^ DMC2 needs to be turned into less of a black sheep.

Darth Angelo

So am I, I actually prefer dark dante over stupid smug clown Dante. I wish that was a characteristic they never put into the series.

What I meant by what I said was that these days people are like
"how can Dante not be super ****y, thats the way he is"
No thats not the way he IS, he used to be a little bit ****y but was mostly dark, then he was really dark (a bit too dark) and then they did a 180 and suddenly now that they have hit a sweet spot, that is now Dante's oficial personality.

They will never turn him back though, why would they be stupid enough to slap a majority of their current fans in the face?

Tramendium

darth_angelo45;186076 said:
So am I, I actually prefer dark dante over stupid smug clown Dante. I wish that was a characteristic they never put into the series.

What I meant by what I said was that these days people are like
"how can Dante not be super ****y, thats the way he is"
No thats not the way he IS, he used to be a little bit ****y but was mostly dark, then he was really dark (a bit too dark) and then they did a 180 and suddenly now that they have hit a sweet spot, that is now Dante's oficial personality.

They will never turn him back though, why would they be stupid enough to slap a majority of their current fans in the face?

Cause some of people still like his dark personality its what make him more demonic oriented and less human oriented (which i like cause what is his benefit for clinging to his human side anyway...well now when we have Nero to do that).

Darth Angelo

Tramendium;186078 said:
Cause some of people still like his dark personality its what make him more demonic oriented and less human oriented (which i like cause what is his benefit for clinging to his human side anyway...well now when we have Nero to do that).

Unfortunetly there are just not enough of us for Capcom to care about any of that. It's all about money at the end of the day and DMC3 made them a LOT more money than 2 and probably 1.
And like you said, instead of giving Dante back his original personality they chose to try and please both sides at once by giving us Nero. but it's still sad to lose Dante's serious side :(

At the moment DMC3 fans waaay outnumber fans of any of the other 3 so they will always do whatever they can to please fans of the third game and that means bringing Vergil back and keeping Dante as a clown.

darkslayer23

Corrupted Son Of Sparda
Tramendium;186022 said:

Yeah. I don't Like some of Dante's ****y attitude in DMC 4. I liked more Dante's attitude in DMC 2 if they gonna make Dante's attitude like in DMC 2 In DMC 5 , They should make Dante a little heroic.:wacko:​

devil_may_cry_2_003.jpg

Tramendium

darkslayer23;186195 said:
Yeah. I don't Like some of Dante's ****y attitude in DMC 4. I liked more Dante's attitude in DMC 2 if they gonna make Dante's attitude like in DMC 2 In DMC 5 , They should make Dante a little heroic.:wacko:​

devil_may_cry_2_003.jpg

Anti heroic would work for me after all you forgot about his revenge against demons for death of his mom and conversion of his bro. Revenge is motif for anti hero IMO, and Dante needs to be one for god's sake that way he wouldn't be "held back" by his "good side" cause you all know that he really didn't had one if you think that i am wrong why is then DMC2 chronologically the last in DMC universe where Dante was just like he should always be, in personality i mean. Though he wasn't perfect there that means that he should be more perfected in that personality in DMC5. If that is true i would be pleased the most, after all that is only thing that can wash the **** from him now.

Darth Angelo

Although I am totally against Vergil coming back I think he may be the only person who can make Dante take life a little more seriously and ease him into his DMC2 personality.
Maybe let Dante in on some kind of massive twist about his father and why he sealed away the demons, something that makes Dante completely rethink the way he has lived his life and make a choice within himself.
At the moment it doesn't really seem like he could even care less what the demons are, where everything started and why he was born. He is does what he does because it's fun.

There doesn't seem to be a Hell in the DMC universe per se, just an underworld. So there could be some kind of twist about the story of Sparda and the demon world.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
The only coneccion that i thing it is between nero dante and vergil is of cousins if sparda had twins son why the father of sparda cannot habe twins sons two
t

Thing on it is stated that went sparda was in hell he was like vergil and went he get out he was like dante

so what happened to dante in dmc2 is that he becoming like sparda was in hell not so good but no too evil to see his errors

In that case now Vergil should be going to be like dante because went you figt arkan with the power of sparda he show that he can be good in other case went the killed arkan before kill that was allready weaken he habed killed dante first

so my theory is that this famyly as searious identity problens

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
The family doesn't just have identity problems, its also dysfunctional...

Obviously, Dante had to start being more serious and dark at sometime because of DMC2. I always thought that Dante would have turned out that way because of the battle with Nelo Angelo. Which at the end, Dante found out that Vergil was serving Mundus and still alive(as you obviously know).
(I mean i'd be pretty peeved if my brother was serving the underworld and still living without me knowing, 20 years is a heck of a long time.)

I dunno what version of Dante i prefer. I know i have said DMC4 Dante.
Dante was more of a, i wouldn't say clown, I'd say ****y. Thats in DMC3.
But i do like Dante for his one-liners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom