• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

READ THIS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Sparda™;185536 said:
That made him interesting.

The lack of more of those words and the lack of a more serious approach to this persona made him look like an idiot.

The thing is, sans DMC3, Dante ALWAYS had a serious side and a humorous side. Take the second battle with Dante on DMC4. Dante wasnt joking around when he said he wanted Vergil's sword back and you can tell by his face and tone of voice. Even when Dante was talking to Trish about Nero gonna eff up, he was quite serious.

What Capcom needs to do is strike a balance between the humour and serious side of Dante and Nero like Capcom done for Dante in DMC1 and 4 instead of going for the completely dark and gritty which by the way, has been done by ALOT of games...ALOT. There have been dark and gritty protagonists in games since the early 90s.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Something happened to my friends mum once, she tried to move a car on her driveway (not knowing how to drive an automatic) she drove square into the front of the house, panicked, slammed it into reverse and hit the car parked on the road behind her.

The point of that story is that the same thing is happening to Dante, basicly what I am saying is that Hideaki Itsuno doesn't...know how to drive a Dante?

Sparda™

Esura;185541 said:
What Capcom needs to do is strike a balance between the humour and serious side of Dante and Nero like Capcom done for Dante in DMC1 and 4 instead of going for the completely dark and gritty which by the way, has been done by ALOT of games...ALOT. There have been dark and gritty protagonists in games since the early 90s.

Not with the background of Nero, though.

Serious, dark, gritty - not silent and doing some gesture like an idiot, no no. Special way of looking the situation, interaction with other characters, more approach with everything - getting arrogant, ****ed off and smiling in the right moments. Not ready for everything when others demand so but acting stubborn and often unwillingly causing trouble.

That makes a character special from the others, at least in the DMC universe.

His intimate side with Kyrie should end in DMC4. Nero has a romantic relationship. Devil May Cry never had one, and that should remain so. It would become like other typical games with the dame in danger and the prince rescuing her. Romance has no place here. They can explain It later what caused It to break, but the important thing is he should research more for his past and why he has the Devil Bringer, make him curious, tormented by doubts and why not, have moments when his devil side takes him over going rampage.

Esura

Sparda™;185546 said:
Not with the background of Nero, though.

Serious, dark, gritty - not silent and doing some gesture like an idiot, no no. Special way of looking the situation, interaction with other characters, more approach with everything - getting arrogant, ****ed off and smiling in the right moments. Not ready for everything when others demand so but acting stubborn and often unwillingly causing trouble.

That makes a character special from the others, at least in the DMC universe.

His intimate side with Kyrie should end in DMC4. Nero has a romantic relationship. Devil May Cry never had one, and that should remain so. It would become like other typical games with the dame in danger and the prince rescuing her. Romance has no place here. They can explain It later what caused It to break, but the important thing is he should research more for his past and why he has the Devil Bringer, make him curious, tormented by doubts and why not, have moments when his devil side takes him over going rampage.
I agree with MOST of this, but I still think that Nero should be arrogant and humerous liek Dante tho.

Esura

ExDeath69;185557 said:
Well i think that nero is somehow related to vergil, more than just the yamato..

According to a localist for DMC4, Nero was supposed to be the son of Vergil but due to time constraints and trying to push it out they never added it, which would explain why DMC4 barely tells you ANYTHING about Nero. From what I've heard, Capcom is considering adding this to DMC5.

Personally, I like the idea that Nero is the son of Vergil.

Esura

Sparda™;185578 said:
Dante's clone.
Not neccessarily.

Nero's personality, while arrogant and humourous like Dante's, isnt an exact carbon copy of Dante's. As I said before, Nero is slightly more darker than Dante. Maybe its due to the angst or something but his personality hits me differently than Dante.

But hey, you determined to say "clone" no matter what so why even debate this? It seems you have your mind already set.

Sparda™

Esura;185580 said:
But hey, you determined to say "clone" no matter what so why even debate this? It seems you have your mind already set.

I said clone because the sentence I quoted from you, is the conclusion one would arrive.

In my posts above, when I described what I wanted for Nero, is what I want in DMC5 for him. This is not a personality challenge, but rather, I want Nero to be different than the stereotypes present in the series and overall, game protagonists.

Esura

Sparda™;185583 said:
I said clone because the sentence I quoted from you, is the conclusion one would arrive.

In my posts above, when I described what I wanted for Nero, is what I want in DMC5 for him. This is not a personality challenge, but rather, I want Nero to be different than the stereotypes present in the series and overall, game protagonists.

Ok, that sounds much better and I can understand it.

Was that so hard? :lol:

ExDeath69

I really would like that Nero would be Vergil's son, They are very much the same, but Nero ain't so much into power... Maybe Vergil married a Hippie :D

Esura

ExDeath69;185587 said:
I really would like that Nero would be Vergil's son, They are very much the same, but Nero ain't so much into power... Maybe Vergil married a Hippie :D

What if Vergil ****ed a human chick?

That means that Nero isnt a half demon, half human....but 3/4ths human and 1/4th demon.

Sparda™

Esura;185586 said:
Was that so hard? :lol:

Typing paragraphs for your ass?! Nah.... :lol:

Esura;185589 said:
What if Vergil ****ed a human chick?

That means that Nero isnt a half demon, half human....but 3/4ths human and 1/4th demon.

That would be logical If that would be the case, although highly doubtful.

But I seriously insist on Sparda being his father, as he shares a lot with him - his will to go to the end to everything, his romantic interest to Kyrie, his care for Credo, anger to betrayal - everything.

Nero being Vergil's son would just open more questions, while It shares many traits with Sparda. The only thing which is still unknown, is his Devil Bringer.

Esura

Sparda™;185591 said:
Typing paragraphs for your ass?! Nah.... :lol:

That would be logical If that would be the case, although highly doubtful.

But I seriously insist on Sparda being his father, as he shares a lot with him - his will to go to the end to everything, his romantic interest to Kyrie, his care for Credo, anger to betrayal - everything.

Nero being Vergil's son would just open more questions, while It shares many traits with Sparda. The only thing which is still unknown, is his Devil Bringer.

Hey, dig this. What if his Devil Bringer is a manifestation of his own Devil Trigger? Like for some reason, he already prolly "unlocked" his DT like Dante did in DMC3 but he dont have a weapon to channel it so it transforms his arm.

And what if the Devil Bringer spreads across his body a little more, like it is consuming him? Like you can see parts of the Devil Bringer on his face or chest or something.

Sparda™

Esura;185596 said:
Hey, dig this. What if his Devil Bringer is a manifestation of his own Devil Trigger? Like for some reason, he already prolly "unlocked" his DT like Dante did in DMC3 but he dont have a weapon to channel it so it transforms his arm.

And what if the Devil Bringer spreads across his body a little more, like it is consuming him? Like you can see parts of the Devil Bringer on his face or chest or something.

Ah, glad you came to this point. One of my theories about the Devil Bringer is just that. If you carefully look at Nero's ghost while in DT, you'll see what I'm talking about.

The Devil Bringer, being an already demonic arm, projects its devil trigger through a hovering ghost. The ghost is none other but Nero's true DT.

This image right here was something I did several months ago...

vergilnero.jpg

Esura

Sparda™;185599 said:
Ah, glad you came to this point. One of my theories about the Devil Bringer is just that. If you carefully look at Nero's ghost while in DT, you'll see what I'm talking about.

The Devil Bringer, being an already demonic arm, projects its devil trigger through a hovering ghost. The ghost is none other but Nero's true DT.

This image right here was something I did several months ago...

vergilnero.jpg

Nioce! Maybe DMC5 will be...Nero's Awakening like DMC3 was...Dante's Awakening.

Also, I think while he is able to use the Yamato due to having blood relations to Sparda and having demon blood, since it is not his "true" weapon, he cant use it fully. It just allows him access some of his demonic powers and not all of it, which would explain why the demonic arm projects its DT through a hovering ghost instead of completely transforming him. I think Nero's Devil Arm will be like a cross between the Red Queen and Rebellion.

Maybe by the end of DMC5, he wont have the Devil Bringer like ALL the time, and he will prolly be able to control and manifest demonic arms and legs without fully turning into a Devil. What made me think of this was the manga version of Claymore. The protagonist, Clare is a half human half yoma (pretty much a demon) who unlike most of the other Claymores, can manipulate and manifest yoma legs and arms and shnit. Nero might be able to control DT at a greater level than Dante (not that I want him TO be stronger than Dante but I'm just saying he might have the potential too.

And your image aint showing.

EDIT: NVM it did.

Sparda™

Esura;185605 said:
Nioce! Maybe DMC5 will be...Nero's Awakening like DMC3 was...Dante's Awakening.

Also, I think while he is able to use the Yamato due to having blood relations to Sparda and having demon blood, since it is not his "true" weapon, he cant use it fully. It just allows him access some of his demonic powers and not all of it, which would explain why the demonic arm projects its DT through a hovering ghost instead of completely transforming him. I think Nero's Devil Arm will be like a cross between the Red Queen and Rebellion.

Maybe by the end of DMC5, he wont have the Devil Bringer like ALL the time, and he will prolly be able to control and manifest demonic arms and legs without fully turning into a Devil. What made me think of this was the manga version of Claymore. The protagonist, Clare is a half human half yoma (pretty much a demon) who unlike most of the other Claymores, can manipulate and manifest yoma legs and arms and shnit. Nero might be able to control DT at a greater level than Dante (not that I want him TO be stronger than Dante but I'm just saying he might have the potential too.

I too believe that after being fully awakened, his Devil Bringer will be visible only when he'll DT - while in a normal non-triggered state - his arm will be normal.

As for his original Devil Arm, I think he'll have a sword which will resemble the Red Queen actions, although more sophisticated and more raw and devilish, of course.

Esura

Sparda™;185610 said:
I too believe that after being fully awakened, his Devil Bringer will be visible only when he'll DT - while in a normal non-triggered state - his arm will be normal.

As for his original Devil Arm, I think he'll have a sword which will resemble the Red Queen actions, although more sophisticated and more raw and devilish, of course.

See, all this would make Nero very badass in the sequel and not looked down apon.

The only reason I thought of him being able to transmute his arm into a demonic arm at will after he learns to DT because it'll still let him use Devil Bringer, which is the only thing that separates his style from Dante, other than a few small differences of course.

And his Devil Arm...for some reason, I imagine it to be a cross between Sparda and Red Queen, or better yet, a cross between the Soul Edge from Soul Calibur 4 and Red Queen. Either way, I want it to look qrotesquely demonic like.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Interesting thoery about the lack of Devil Arm, but wouldn't Yamato have taken care of this problem and transformed him into the Nero we see there instead of what we got?

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;185657 said:
Interesting thoery about the lack of Devil Arm, but wouldn't Yamato have taken care of this problem and transformed him into the Nero we see there instead of what we got?

You got the explanation right above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom