• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

READ THIS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Esura;185404 said:
They better harden up Kyrie like Trish and Lady in DMC5 or I'mma be annoyed.

Or just kill 'er off, that will toughen Nero up and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Esura;185404 said:
And is anyone else getting tired of the short silver hair Dante has in EVERY game? Nero and Dante should have some long hair, moreso Nero than Dante cause I want Nero to be cooler than Dante.
Yeah that would be awesome

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
darth_angelo45;185408 said:
Or just kill 'er off, that will toughen Nero up and kill 2 birds with one stone.
True. And it will make Nero able to have his own group of bitches like Dante. :D

Vergil'sB*tch;185405 said:
(Maybe Vergil...)
I just KNEW someone was going to say it...I just KNEW it!

Esura

darth_angelo45;185434 said:
Then count me out of the fanbase levels.:\

Me too.

I've been agreeing to alot of stuff darth_angelo45 has posted lately. :lol:

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Esura;185404 said:
And is anyone else getting tired of the short silver hair Dante has in EVERY game? Nero and Dante should have some long hair, moreso Nero than Dante cause I want Nero to be cooler than Dante.

did u not see the thread i posted a bit ago....about how capcom discriminates long hair?...lol...i wholeheartedly agree there...make long hair on nero...or add a male protagonist with long hair

Esura

Sparda™;185450 said:
You agree with everyone.:rolleyes:
No I dont! :wacko:
GamblingGambitCloud;185464 said:
did u not see the thread i posted a bit ago....about how capcom discriminates long hair?...lol...i wholeheartedly agree there...make long hair on nero...or add a male protagonist with long hair
I really want Nero to have longer hair because it'll make him less of a Dante clone and more his own character.

And I dont know if you guys have noticed but, Dante character in 4, while being a shnit talker as always, is a tad more serious and darker than the Dante of 3 and 1. This seems like a foreshadowing that Capcom will eventually make a DMC game with another dark DMC2 Dante, which storyline-wise, is the current Dante. What I'm thinking is Nero will end up being a DMC3/DMC1 like Dante with certain Vergil-ish like traits.

Sparda™

Esura;185468 said:
No I dont! :wacko:

No sh1t! :D

Esura;185468 said:
And I dont know if you guys have noticed but, Dante character in 4, while being a shnit talker as always, is a tad more serious and darker than the Dante of 3 and 1. This seems like a foreshadowing that Capcom will eventually make a DMC game with another dark DMC2 Dante, which storyline-wise, is the current Dante. What I'm thinking is Nero will end up being a DMC3/DMC1 like Dante with certain Vergil-ish like traits.

Because Capcom needs to link its games, duh.:lol:

Darth Angelo

Esura;185449 said:
Me too.

I've been agreeing to alot of stuff darth_angelo45 has posted lately. :lol:

lol nice to have some backup on the anti-Vergil/pro-Nero rants.

Esura

Either way, Nero would be a bad ass and making Nero the son of Vergil (if this is true) could pave way for a unique protagonist.

And they really need to change the Exceed system of Nero. They should let you be able to rev up and shnit while you are MOVING as well like in the cutscenes. It would make gameplay more fluid.

And come on Capcom with the long haired Nero....yaw know that is gangsta so stop trippin' and make it happen!

And I dont want Nero to have Red Queen anymore. Give him a unique Devil Arm that can rev up LIKE Red Queen but allows Nero his own unique Devil Trigger like the Rebellion does for Dante and the Yamato does for Vergil.

And I want to be able to have more options to use Yamato with Nero without having to be in his Devil Trigger mode (I dont consider it a true DT though). Let Nero do all the stuff with Yamato like Dante could in 4 when in Dark Slayer mode.

And add more characters to play as dammit! Well, not characters, costume. When I play as Nero or Dante I want to have the option to switch my costume to Lady, Trish, Kyrie, or whatever new female lead they add, and Sparda of course....although the cutscenes would look AWKWARD with them.

Sparda™

Nero will never be original as he has Vergil's sword. As long as he possesses Yamato, he will be just a Dante+Vergil clone - along with other traits he shares with Dante - his trash-like talk in many situations.

They should approach a serious/dark and why not, more gritty with Nero. He is the one who did the dirty work for the Order, so that should remain so and developed further. I'd assume that he's Fortuna's leader now.

Esura

Sparda™;185513 said:
Nero will never be original as he has Vergil's sword. As long as he possesses Yamato, he will be just a Dante+Vergil clone - along with other traits he shares with Dante - his trash-like talk in many situations.

They should approach a serious/dark and why not, more gritty with Nero. He is the one who did the dirty work for the Order, so that should remain so and developed further. I'd assume that he's Fortuna's leader now.

Dude, no dark and gritty protagonists. Thats been-there-done-that territory. And trash talking is pretty much apart of DMC's style and has been a staple in EVERY DMC game sans DMC2, and people bitched and moaned about that did they not?

And just because he has someone else's weapon doesnt auto stop him from being original. So many characters in games as well as movies has been built off someone or something else but diffrentiated themselves in a certain way. Take Solid Snake for example. He is LITERALLY a clone of the war hero Big Boss yet Solid Snake is his own original person despite having the legacy of Big Boss hanging over his head. Nero will no doubt have Dante's and Sparda's legacy hanging over his head (not Vergil's even though Nero is his son, but Vergil is a villain).

What they could do is switch up the WAY Nero handle his trash talking, give him long hair, and chill with the various leather jacket and pants variations, give him baggy jeans and a hoodie or something.

Sparda™

Give him a dark personality, an original Devil Arm, give him a serious yet attractive personality and you will have a perfect character.

Darth Angelo

Yeah I think making Nero more serious and gritty is a good idea.

If there is one thing I wish I could take out of DMC (or at least tone it down a bit), its the annoying smartassery. It's fine in moderation but they just haven't found that balance since 1. These days if Dante is not being a depressing mute he is making you want to punch him through the screen and smack that arrogant smirk off his face....thats probably just me though, its just that I don't like that Dante is just one big joke now what kind of a protagonist is that?

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;185522 said:

Glad we agree on that.

I must emphasize I'm not anti-Nero. I'm pro-originality and anti-clone and of course, that's why I want Nero to become someone else rather than Dante's DMC3 lookalike.

If there is one thing I wish I could take out of DMC (or at least tone it down a bit), its the annoying smartassery. It's fine in moderation but they just haven't found that balance since 1. These days if Dante is not being a depressing mute he is making you want to punch him through the screen and smack that arrogant smirk off his face....thats probably just me though, its just that I don't like that Dante is just one big joke now what kind of a protagonist is that?

Agreed.

It has enormous proportions in the game.

Esura

I would LOVE for Capcom to do this just to see the reaction on the DMC fanbase. :lol:

Wasnt Dante being "dark and gritty" was one of the main complaints against DMC2 anyways.

Yeah, after DMC1 Dante has been somewhat more goofier than usual. But then again, DMC1 was more of personal mission for Dante. Stopping Mundus was not only for saving the world but he did it for revenge for his mom and Vergil so he wasnt always arrogant in that. DMC3 was personal too, but he was also younger and more immature.

But they introduced Nero akin to Dante with his arrogant, **** talking personality except with slightly more pessimistic and angsty, people going to expect him to be the same way (with subtle changes though, cause he'll more than likely be older, and with the way DMC4 ended, he should be less angsty and pessimistic).

But like I said before, the arrogant, **** talking personality of Dante/Nero has been a DMC staple since DMC1 (sans DMC2). Thats like making Kratos on GoW be more light hearted...hell naw, Kratos is supposed to be dark, arrogant, bitter, all that ****.

Esura

Sparda™;185531 said:
Dante's problem in DMC2 wasn't being dark and gritty, but being silent like a mute.
But the words he DID speak were really dark and gritty.

Sparda™

Esura;185532 said:
But the words he DID speak were really dark and gritty.

That made him interesting.

The lack of more of those words and the lack of a more serious approach to this persona made him look like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom