• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quotes From Your Own Work!

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
@Rebel Dynasty

Yuppers. Sometimes I think I'm being a bit insensitive with imagining his way of thinking, but it kinda wouldn't be him if he wasn't that way, you know. His character interpretation is left to the reader and from the reviews I got, people seem to like my view...my terrible, bloody and pessimistic view.:whistle:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Rebel Dynasty

Yuppers. Sometimes I think I'm being a bit insensitive with imagining his way of thinking, but it kinda wouldn't be him if he wasn't that way, you know. His character interpretation is left to the reader and from the reviews I got, people seem to like my view...my terrible, bloody and pessimistic view.:whistle:

No, I don't think it's insensitive at all--I think it's right in character with how the doppelganger would be, if given a voice. :)

Britt690

@Rebel Dynasty

I KNOW! I don't know if I'm... like waiting on a story/game or whatever with his dark side, but I see potential with something akin to Dante battling his inner demons and Dark is making it ten times worse by being antagonistic ...or something weird like that but I think he needs a voice. There are other interpretations of Dark and each one is different than the next so... wishful hoping at its best.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Britt690

I'd like to see something like that as well, but sadly, I don't see it happening. :( Still, I guess that's what fanfiction is for, right? Some of the best storylines I've seen in regards to Devil May Cry haven't been canon; it seems the fans have a truckload of ideas, whereas Capcom's got nothin' (which I can't understand; there's still so much potential, despite people saying there was nowhere else to go with it...pfft, I say).

Anywho, this thread being active again reminded me I haven't posted anything from my current work. :eek: Let's see...what to use, what to use...

Maybe this?

“So, now that the seals have been released…does that mean…?”

“Unfortunately, yes.” Forneus nodded, frowning. “According to the reports the council received from the Regulations Squad—an elite team equivalent to your world’s police and military forces, if I’m not mistaken—many of the prisoners have already broken free, with many more following closely behind them.”

“If they know that the prisoners are escaping, then why isn’t anyone trying to stop them?” Gwen’s words came out somewhat strangled, her eyes wide with fear.

As the daemon started to reply, Phenex cut in.

“Tell me girl,” His eyes betrayed the faintest hint of curiosity as he tilted his head to look at her, “are the tactical units in your world capable of catching every criminal, of meting out punishment and justice for every act committed against the laws they uphold?”

The teen gaped up at him for a moment, sputtering over her answer. “Well…I…no, I…I…suppose not…”

“I thought as much.” Gwen seemed to burn an even darker shade of red at the humanoid phoenix’s words, her obvious annoyance fading slightly when he went on.

“Unfortunately, the Squad is too thinly spread between here, your world, and elsewhere; we simply don’t have the numbers to contain them.” He seemed to take notice of her frightened expression, for much to the daemon’s surprise, he continued on in a milder tone. “However…they were stripped of their powers upon incarceration; therefore, it will take them some time to replenish those lost powers. With any luck, the Squad should be able to flush them out of hiding before they can do any real damage.”

An uncomfortable silence fell between them then, Forneus turning his gaze toward Gwen, gauging her reaction. Despite Phenex’s assurances that the Regulations Squad would do everything in their power to prevent total destruction from occurring, the teen visibly paled, her eyes unfocused as she stared passed his shoulder into the multi-coloured void beyond.

“I promise you, Gwen,” He gently laid his hand upon her shoulder, noticing that despite flinching, she didn’t withdraw from him as she would have, before, “the convicted entities will be dealt with as swiftly as possible; no harm will befall your world. After all, what affects one world affects the other.”

'Tis a snippet from Chapter Four of my story, "Whispers of Nowhere". ^^;

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Cain: Wait. Aren't you a vampire?
Laura: Um...*points out fangs*
Cain: I know I know...but...its high noon...in Louisiana.
Laura: Are you trying to say that I'm going to spontaneously com bust due to the sun's light?
Cain: Yeah. That's exactly what I'm getting at.
Laura: *Exasperated* UGH!!! I'm sick and tire of people thinking that vampires do that. ****ing Bram Stoker...and his retarded ****ing logic. We're demons, just like any other. Only thing is, we look more human and drink blood.
Cain: ...And turn people?
Laura: Turn...? Dude, what the ****? Vampirism isn't a disease. We're not ZOMBIES!
Cain: So, does that mean you can eat garlic?
Laura: Well...no. Not really. It's more of a genetic thing. Kinda like dogs and chocolate.
Cain: Oh...wait. Dogs can't eat chocolate?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Random bits from my manga/comic/thing (codename: Blacklight Project):

Shade: "You want to come? No. Absolutely not. I'm staring at a dismembered body and it's a school night."
Mitch: "Just 'cause you signed the adoption papers, it doesn't make you my mother. ...And when was the last time you sent me to school?"
Shade: "Right. Well, you're going tomorrow. So go to bed, eat your homework, be good, and buy me pickles on the way back. I'll see you tomorrow evening."
Mitch: "I'm not... Why'm I supposed to eat my homework?"
Shade: "Isn't that what it's for?"

Mitch: "You're being rude, Doc. Shade's an "it". If you want to be technical, it's a "she" when it's female and a "he" when it's male. If it looks like a dog, then you can call it a "b*tch". 'Til then, you're just making Shade want to eat you."
Shade: "You'd be good with ketchup. Or caramel."
Mitch: "Sit and stay, puppy. Leave the stupid doctor alone. ...for now."
Sam: "I fail to see why you still wonder why I do not hire any of you."

Shade: "I didn't need to see that. Lady Death quoting Darth Vader? Fine. But this bloke? I wouldn't eat him if you candied him. ...Why the'ell are those stains wiggling?!"

Please excuse the scriptyness. *not sure why Mitch and Shade always banter when neither of them like being around people*

Britt690

A poem from my Dark story

This is the teddy bear smelling of decay and worn,
That was held by the daughter, crying and forlorn,
That told her father that screamed in the morn,
That alerted the priest all covered with gore,
That cut the monster all scratched and torn,
That bit the woman all frowning and scorned,
That banged her head on the bloodied horn,
That hit the dog,
That killed the cat,
That ate the rat,
That licked the blood
That lay in the house where Dark lives.

I think I need to start looking up more "happy" nursery rhymes and remixing them.:angel:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I'm just gonna leave this here, m'kay?
From Switched pt2:
L’s mind was thrown off track as, just before reaching the door out of the interrogation room, he was shoved into it, crashing into the cold metal. He tried to turn, surprised, and was abruptly pinned against the door by B. His coffee cup fell, almost entirely unnoticed, to the floor. The look his young doppelganger fixed him with was one of acute interest and near reverence, tainted by something dark—almost unpleasant—and searching.

People were shouting in the hallway, panicking to a degree, though L knew the door opened inwards and so no one was getting in until someone was able to move both of them.

“They asked me to kill you, Lawliet,” B breathed so quietly those in the hall would not be able to hear him, leaning in so their noses were nearly touching. He still smelled like strawberries. L repressed a shudder of distaste, feeling B’s breath wash warmly over his mouth and cheek. “And you’re sitting here wasting time,” Beyond continued, perfectly rational for once. “Do you know how easy it would be to do it, L?”

“You aren’t going to kill me, B,” L managed, trying not to squirm. He was aware of his heart pounding in his chest—racing with adrenalin from his desire to get away—and he was aware that B was close enough to easily strangle him—close enough that he could feel the hammering of Beyond’s heart where the younger man’s chest met his own. His wrists ached from B pressing them into the door so hard and his left foot was uncomfortably sticky from his mug shattering, splashing warm coffee over both of their toes. Despite the discomfort, he was still utterly sure of himself when it came to his ability to deduce things. “You said it last year: I have too much time left.”

Beyond smiled, looking somewhat more unhinged than usual, and rested his head on L’s shoulder in a mocking semblance of a hug. “Time doesn’t always do what you expect it to, L.”

Now to go before it's time to write people dying. *sunglasses on* :cool: *moonwalks out*
Glad to know that, no matter how long of a break I take, B is still creepy as ever to write....

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
"Looks like we'll just have to sell ourselves out to the lowest bidder, then."

----------------------------------------------

Why can't I edit on this thread?

Last edited:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I'm just looking over Nite-Runner (wow, I was such a b*tch to Dante):
Vergil: "Dante! Put down the damn troll!"

"Well, I don't know of any white knights, but I know of a Black Knight who still cares for you."

"Argh, help me up Dante" Vergil groaned
Putting out his hand, Dante replied "you forgot the magic word"
"NOW!" Vergil growled.

Nite and Vergil looked at each other "DANTE"
"You can have him back... as long as you... Nite... hand yourself over."
"You can keep him..." Vergil replied "You lured the wrong brother."
Nite smacked Vergil over the head.

Nite: "I didn't know that I would be walking down to a scene from a Yaoi book."

Britt690

From my upcoming BBQ failure :D

“Ah! You dumb b*tch! Can you not f*cking see?”

Mary knew this creepy white-haired jerk wasn't speaking to her. She glanced over at Lucia, sitting beside her in the passenger seat, searching for some sort of reassurance that the a**hole didn't mean her. She couldn't put her finger on it, but it was something about the “B” word that set her off.

She stuck her head out the window of her car back at him, “F*ck you! You f*cking a**hole!”

He yelled out, “Lick my nuts!” and flipped her off, pressing hard on the gas then screeched off in his red 1969 COPO Camaro with the personalized license plate that read D KILLAH.

Mary cursed under her breath as the man pulled off from the light, idiot. “I hate it when people cut me off then act like it's my fault in traffic. Men make lousy drivers anyway!”

Lucia laughed, trying to soothe her friend's ruffled nerves. “Mary, don't sweat it. Stuff happens, ya know?”

That wasn't much of a help. “I know it does, but still. He swerved out in the front of me when it was my turn to go, and had the nerve to call me a b*tch! F*ck him!

And then more of this AU, OOC-cluttered, foul-mouthed, not-edited yet mess:

After checking for any lipstick on teeth, black smudges and frizzy hair they got out the car and started walking the half-block to Trish's house. The aromas of BBQ ribs and chicken wafted in the breeze, watering their mouths and awakening their grumbling stomachs. Mary could hardly wait to sink her teeth into something juicy. She skipped breakfast on purpose so she could be starving upon arrival.

The closer they ventured the louder the voices grew along with the booming music. They walked through the front door, her heart racing because she saw that white-haired f*cker sitting on the couch... in different clothes? Her “agitator” wore his hair down and with a red shirt (when he called her out of her name) while this one had his hair slicked back and he dressed... formally. On his torso he wore a white, long-sleeved button down shirt and a sleek, dark blue twill vest with leather embellishments. Blue jeans rested on his long legs and casual boots on his feet. But his most extreme feature, other than his naturally-looking white hair, exuded his nearly albino skin and eyes. They were the color of icebergs, almost white for his iris coupled by the tiniest black pupils she ever saw.

Something about his presence projected this cold hostility, and if he took one look at you with those eyes then he would stab you like a sword with his aura alone. But that a**hole who drove that car... was hot-blooded and temperamental and he was stoic and reserved. What changed since then?

He sat on Trish's loveseat nursing some type of strong alcohol, ignoring every word some young girl in a frilly, strapless dress said to him; twirling her bleached hair in what was supposed to turn men on. Then again, anyone would be annoyed with that high-pitched voice she talked in. Still, bothered or unbothered, Mary was about the give him a piece of her mind when she saw another man with the same colored hair.

She walked into the backyard after she tore her eyes away from the blue enigma. They spotted each other at the same time; both sporting the same I'll-kill-your-f*cking-a** expression on their faces. Mary gained the upper hand because, after seeing his car outside, she knew that he was there already. He was in shock. The brunette hoped he would lose consciousness and keel over with embarrassment.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
It’s the shock that brings him to his knees. Shock because he hasn’t seen himself bleed properly since the night the previous Earl of Trancy died.

The doors at the far end of the room clatter open, and then the world is frozen. He is aware of Claude’s presence, like the brush of spider webs against the back of his mind and the touch of poison on his tongue. Sebastian is with him, his demonic aura both comfortingly familiar and frighteningly exotic all at once—like falling feathers when one expects raindrops. And, in the midst of the darkness swirling pervasively about the room, stands the Viscount Druitt, as gay and lighthearted as a songbird in a twisted and rusting cage. And yet, despite the gore pouring from his side, no one moves to help him. It is as though he is alone and dead already.

He does not want to die.

What is this? Another bit of an Amanita one shot? Can't be! But it is. *dramatic music*
Btw Druitt is "gay" in the "happy" sense. Not the other sense. But I won't debate him being a perv in all senses.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Here's a snippet from the first fight scene in "Whispers of Nowhere".

It could use some fine-tuning, I know...I just like the last part, really. :p

Forneus seemed to share her train of thought, for he gave her an anxious backward glance, his silver eyes much brighter than usual. “Phenex can hold them off, but he won’t be able to do so indefinitely,” He said finally, returning his gaze to the humanoid phoenix as he unloaded another torrent of fire on the creatures surrounding him, “We need to find Loki’s Amulet. Only then will this battle come to an end.”

Loki’s Amulet?

That’s when it dawned on her—when Phenex had mentioned the artifact being located earlier, he’d been referring to the amulet. “Okay…do you have a general idea of where it might be, then?” She asked the daemon, wincing when she saw a creature resembling a large, feathered woman backhand the human firebird with an angry shriek. The attack sent him tumbling head over heels toward her and Forneus, coming to a stop no more than three feet from them, face down on the cobblestones.

“Not that it isn’t fun, getting batted around by the harpy, or anything,” Phenex coughed up a mouthful of dirt, and pushed himself up on his elbows, glancing back at the daemon, “but I could really use your help, right about now.”

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Lucifer 13: I can't do it. I just...can't.
Lucifer 1: And what makes you say that?
Lucifer 13: I'm no leader. I can't GUIDE humanity. I can barley teach my nephew how to tie a tie. Or pour milk in my cereal without spilling some off the side. I can't--
Lucifer 1 (laughing): My brother. The reason I couldn't lead is due to my arrogance and jealousy. The thing that took me so long to realize is that humanity is modeled after us. That is why Michael or Gabriel cannot lead them. But YOU. You are humble. You are honest. You care. We ARE human. And that is what makes us a great example for them. You not only hold the negative aspects of humanity, but you hold the GREATEST it has to offer. I know that you CAN do this. I believe in you.
Lucifer 13: Thank you, brother.

*he exists the spirit world and goes back to earth*

Lucifer 10: The last one of us you used that speech on attempted to kill off an entire race and take control of germany.
Lucifer 1: It's a work in progress...

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Revising an unnamed, never edited sci-fi story of mine, so here are some quotes that may or may not stay around, but that I still like.

“This is Octavius,” the Commander introduced when it was clear the younger male wasn’t going to be looking up from his computer anytime soon. “Our tech expert.”

“Uh…hi?” Violet greeted awkwardly as the small metal owl on Octavius’s computer screen hooted dully at her.

“Mm-hmm, you have an accent,” the techie observed bluntly, ignoring her greeting entirely. His voice had a dry, dragging sort of tone as though he rarely got any sleep and didn’t have any interest in getting any more. “Eastern former US?”

The girl blinked at him, suddenly self-conscious. “Vermont. I’m…from Vermont.”

“Cheeseburger land.” He nodded sagely, still not looking up from his screen, and then nodded to a small plate of plain doughnuts. “Take one. I don’t give my doughnuts away to just anyone. But you’re new. And your artificial looks like it might eat Totoba…if it had a mouth.”

Violet had always imagined attraction like it was portrayed in one of Jess and Lucy’s favorite sappy romance novels: the heroine met her beau and instantly could picture herself folded up in his arms, and then would begin a whirlwind romance with him as soon as she stopped swooning. This was nothing like that. Her mouth was uncomfortably dry and her heart seemed to be beating in her throat instead of her chest; she felt like a giant, burning hand had reached into her stomach and was twisting her intestines violently. It was far from a pleasant feeling. The part of her mind that wasn’t entirely focused on him began to wonder why anyone actually wanted to feel like this. And then…something changed. She couldn’t explain it to herself. He was walking toward them, all dark hair and perfectly pressed uniform, when the observational detachment vanished from his expression. His eyes narrowed and his lips turned down—a slight combination of movements that somehow conveyed extreme distaste, as though Violet were some sort of disgusting mess tainting the shiny floors. The fist in her gut instantly vanished to be replaced with an anger that seemed to slowly burn through her veins and bring a flush to her face. Who the hell did he think he was? For the first time in her life, she wanted to punch someone.

“Where, exactly, are we going?” Violet managed to ask after they’d turned down a hallway she’d never seen for the sixth time.

“I need to talk to you. Alone,” Logan added shortly, as though it wasn’t clear enough when he’d dragged her off in the first place.

Violet stopped and folded her arms over her chest, refusing to budge until he explained himself. “We could talk anywhere; why here? Why so far away from everyone?”

“Obviously I don’t really want anyone listening in on us and the view is better up here,” he replied coolly. Apparently, sarcasm actually was his natural defense and that hadn’t been an act.

“The view? The walls are metal and there aren’t any windows; I call b.s.”

“Duh. Clearly, I’ve been baiting you this entire time and now I will proceed to use this outing to murder you and bury you in one of the green rooms. That’s what you get for nosing about.”

He said it so evenly that it took Violet a moment to realize he was teasing her. Her skin crawled. Considering the fact that she didn’t completely believe that Logan was as innocent as everyone claimed, she now felt even more uncomfortable in his presence. “Y’know, this isn’t exactly helping your case. You…probably should have just bought me candy and then said what you wanted to say while I ate it.”

“I’ll keep that in mind for next time.”

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
^ You have made me very, very curious about this story, already.

Edit: Oh, right....quotes. ^^;

Apologies if I've posted any part of this before. O_O I'll have to check...

Maintaining his pace, he glanced over his shoulder, his silver eyes meeting striking tawny ones. His unspoken contrition must have shown, for Phenex’s expression softened, one corner of his mouth twitching into a lopsided grin. Relief washing over him at the telltale sign of forgiveness, the daemon returned his smile in kind, before facing forward once again.

Gwen continued to walk along beside him, completely unaware of the silent exchange that had passed between the two beings, the teen appearing to be concentrating all of her energy into putting one foot in front of the other.

Convincing himself that she probably just needed a good night’s rest, that she’d be back to her regular self in no time and there was no cause for concern, Forneus’ thoughts wandered to other matters, his eyes only vaguely taking in the shifting of the colours surrounding them as they continued toward a split junction on the walkway.

It wasn’t until a few minutes after they headed down a path on the left that Gwen broke the silence, the daemon observing the way her eyes flitted from him to the auburn-haired being at her right, and back again, her pale cheeks taking on a rosy hue as she kept pace with them both. “So, if Forneus is the guardian of the artifacts,” she hesitated a moment, peering at Phenex out of the corner of her eye, “Then what does that make you?”

Sensing that he was far more likely to make a smart remark than give an honest answer, Forneus cut in smoothly. “Phenex is actually a high-ranking, elite agent of the Regulations Force, First Unit; however, he serves as a solitary foot soldier.” He looked down at Gwen, adding with a wink, “This is because he doesn’t play well with others.”

This elicited a giggle from her, the teen quickly putting a hand over her mouth when the human firebird turned his burning glare from her to Forneus, the daemon unable to stop the grin twitching at the corners of his mouth. In truth, he was relieved; teasing Phenex had simply been a bonus—hearing Gwen laugh after all that had happened, even if it was only the tiniest bit, counted as a positive omen, in his books.

“Don’t encourage the girl.” Phenex muttered, his eyes flashing in irritation.

“This girl has a name, you know.” The teen scowled, “It’s Gwen—Gwenyth Lamelle.”

“I didn’t ask, and nor do I care.”

From Whispers of Nowhere, Chapter Three.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
^ If you'd like, I can give you a preview of the first chapter when I'm done rewriting it. ^^

---

From Blackout:

"Jack, you are unlikely to discover this any other way, but when Reaver requests to speak with me, the last thing on his mind is us sorting out our differences. And I have far more important duties to attend to."

Poor lil OC is now terribly confused about what his queen is insinuating about his employer. It's okay, Jack...it's not something you want to know.

Top Bottom