• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quotes From Your Own Work!

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Here are some quotes from my story: Clockwork Dragon

"It's good to see you too, Bjorn," she manged to say, after the brief hug. "Haven't change a bit."

The man named Bjorn snorted and ushered Eden to a corner of the hall. "Like I'd every change may ways now."

"It'll prove wise if you ever want to get married." Eden pointed out, as she settled into a chair.

"All I need is my battle-ax for companionship, and if I need a women well..." he trailed off raising his eyebrows suggestively, making Eden roll her eyes."

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
This is from and Rp I was writing with my friend.
Scarlet hit Luke in the stomach with his baton again, which caused Luke to cough up blood. " I'm Jackson Scarlet ! If the entire city's police force couldn't bring me down than what makes you think that You, a kid who is too idealistic for his own good, and one of my lapdogs can." Scarlet punched Luke in the face and pushed him back to the wall. " I can bend and manipulate the result and flow of time around my finger. Just like I'm about to bend and break you." Scarlet said grabbing Luke's throat and lifting him against the wall.

DanteTheJester

That devil hunting douche who married a pizza.
Geez. Posting a quote from my own fanfiction? It's hard to do without posting like half the first chapter considering that it's best read in it's entirety. I've got more than one of course (Chapters). But I don't have many to choose from.

But if you don't mind reading half the first chapter then go ahead and read this in spoilers. I'll post a small excerpt from it after the spoiler for the people who have issues with tl;dr.

Dragons Forgotten: Police Story

Gamindustri Saga Chapter 1

Main character voiced by: Whoever you want it to be.

All other characters from official series are voiced by their official voice actors or whichever one you choose if they have more than one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know when it happened. Or even how. All I know is that I don't know. I don't know who I am.

My name is apparently Murakami Kai. One day, for whatever reason, I woke up in a hospital bed with no memory of who I was or where I'm from. I was apparently a cop based on what I was told by an officer who popped in claiming to be my supervisor. I was also told I was 5% Saiyan. But I was also told I'm still as weak as dog **** compared to the rest of them. I was discharged and left to live in a shabby old ****ty apartment. It's been three months since that day. The day I was born all over again. I still seem to have the skills that I learned from previously. Apparently all I lost was event memory. Today seems a little strange though. Not that any day was ever not strange, but today I got an even stranger than strange feeling. I was called in to see my superior. He seemed like it was urgent, but I guess I'll find out what that is, once I go in...

*Cue end of Kai's monologue *
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Kai walked into the station and through the halls, he came across a brown door that said "Chief Officer Frank Tenpenny". He then reached for the door knob and opened the door, walking into a bright room decorated with bags of crack laid out onto a desk.
"Seriously!? Are you f*cking kidding me Tenpenny!?" Yelled Kai as he raised his voice and slammed his fist onto Tenpenny's desk "I just arrested you last week for crack possession! And now you're doing it again!?"

"Man, shut the f*ck up and deal with it! It's my body and I'll do what I whatever the f*ck I want with it! I'm a cop afterall."

"So being a cop means you can do whatever you want!?"

"The fact that I got out based on my status as a cop says a lot about that question now doesn't it, officer Murakami."

"Whatever... What the hell did you call me in here for? I was busy trying to meet my arrest quota."

"The government organization of spies called SIN wants to recruit you."

"...Why?"

"Because! that's why! Now don't ask me that again motherf*cker!"

"Dude, f*ck you." Responded Kai in an snide tone.

"Look just go. They want you so that they can have someone to do some spy work in a far away place. And they chose you because everyone else here is an incompetent motherf*cker who's too bust stuffing their faces with donuts!"

"Does this include you in the doughnut stuffing diabetes club?"

"Whatever! Just go report to the address on this piece of paper! They'll have a guy there waiting to tell you all the info you need. Now get the f*ck outta my office."

"Yes sir... Motherf*cker."

"Grr... Just go..."
As Kai had arrived to the address an hour later, he had come across a large mansion that said "Beware of Rex". Ignoring the sign, thinking that it was only a dog sign, he proceeded to buzz the buzzer on the front gate, but nothing came up. He then proceeded to climb the front gate like a ninja and hop over it.

"Well. I don't see a dog anywhere. Don't see they needed that sign." Kai said as he began to walk toward the large mansion. But as he walked toward it, he then felt the ground quake as if a 10 ton boulder was being dropped on the ground over and over again. As he fell over, he looked over his shoulder and saw utter terror stomping it's way towards him.

"A f*cking dinosaur... F*cking. Bullshit." Kai skeptically said as he began to run for his life.

As the mighty beast roared and rampaged across the front of the mansion after it's prey, it suddenly stopped at the sound of a voice. "HEEL REX!" Commanded the loud yet elderly voice. As Kai had looked to see who it was, he saw an elderly looking man of about 55 years of age. He then approached and spoke to the man, whilst attempting to slip past his tormentor. "You needn't worry about my pet. He'll not attack you so long as I still command him to stay put." Said the elderly man in what looked like a green double breasted jacket with a turtle neck and a pair of black vintage pants. He also was wearing a pair of black wingtips with thin black socks.

"I suppose this means you're the guy who either owns this place or the guy who trained this...Prehistoric behemoth." Kai asked as his voice spoke with a tone of disturbance at the revelation that someone could tame such a creature.

"Yes. My name is Garmin Mason and I am the owner of this mansion and the member of SIN that called for you. And I didn't so much as tame this great big prehistoric bag of fun, but more so just so happened to... Connect with it. It still kills some people when it's hungry even I tell it not to. But I'm a government official. No one's gonna look twice."

"Right... So how bout this weather were having? Oh and how about that reason you called me over here when I was busy trying to meet my arrest quota? That ****'s pretty tough to do without being an asshole ya know."

"Yes, yes, yes, I know. But this is important. But first let's go inside for some tea and crumpets."

"...Seriously? What are you? An old world Brit?"

"No I wasn't being serious you fool. I've got hamburgers and french fries waiting!"

"Oh. Well can we still have the tea?"

"Yes. I have a fresh batch of Darjeeling tea made for us."

So, soon after Kai had entered the mansion he found himself enjoying a plentiful meal and a cup of warm tea. As they had finished their meals, Garmin had begun to speak after taking one more good gulp of tea and spoke "So Kai. You want the reason I called you into our services correct?"

"Uhh. Yeah. Why would I be sitting here eating lunch with you unless you were gonna give me that information? Either that or you're a celebrity like Biz Markie or something." Kai said in a condescending tone.

"YOU! YOU GOT WHAT I NEED! BUT YOU SAY..." Garmin sang in a terrible voice but was cut short by Kai. "Yeah, no. Were not friends enough, if friends at all, to be singing "Just A Friend" together." Said Kai as he stopped Garmin's terrible onslaught of musical blasphemy .

"Fine. God damn philistine." Garmin angrily whispered "Well here's the reason I summoned you. There's a land not too far from here that's not only experiencing a rise in crime, but a rise in crime that's unusual for it. And something odd is also happening. A large amount of a natural resource seems to be vanishing. This natural resource, when in the wrong hands, could potentially spell doom for that nations separate leaders." Garmin stated "And we figured since you're the most fit officer of your time that we may as well send you there.".

"So you want me to take care of the crime and investigate the phenomenon?" Asked Kai.

"Two birds with one stone."

"Fine. I guess I could use a break from this city. Not like staying here's gonna get me anywhere with my amnesia anyways. So who's going with me?"

"Nobody. You'll be going alone."

"...WHY!? Why send only one person when it'd be more effective to have a few doing the investigation!?"

"Don't wanna send more than one. Everyone else we asked, and by that I mean every active officer around, is being a little b*tch about it and saying they have too much work on their hands."

"So... You brought me here because... I'm the only one left?"

"Bingo. What did you expect? This ain't no fantasy prophecy."

"Whatever. I'll do it."

"Wonderful. I'll have my private jet ready to take you there. My butler will take you upstairs to a room to prepare for the trip. You'll be going to the land of Gamindustri."

"Uh-huh. Who the f*ck names a nation, Gamindustri? That's like if I named a country after cheese cake and just called it CheeseCakeFactory..." Kai said as he walked off to prepare for his trip into the unknown. Well... Unknown to him at least."

I kind of edited it a little, noticing things like spelling and such. And the actual FF.Net upload is uncensored since I don't wanna get in any trouble right now for posting a massive amount of vulgar language. My story is basically similar in comedy to how people do abridged series like Dbz abridged in terms of comedy. As for the smaller excerpt, I'll be posting it in chat format since it's only one excerpt and needs to be read in it's entirety to be enjoyed in traditional format.

Kai: Who the f*ck names a nation, Gamindustri? That's like if I named a country after cheesecake and just called it CheeseCakeFactory..." Kai said as he walked off to prepare for his trip into the unknown. Well... Unknown to him at least.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
This line is from my short original story "Bible Gun"

“She’s right.” He turns his head slightly. “Our God, blessed be He, is a merciful god. Perhaps a mother’s love is exactly what God wants for Bobby. Our god is the source of Good and Evil right? So let him weave this bizarre tapestry! The child’s wellbeing is in her hands now. If he grows up to kill her, that’s her and God’s problem!”

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
From one of the next couple chapters of M is For Murder (on deviantART):

“Why do you investigate crimes, Ms. Dubois?” Alex inquired, staring at her with too-dark eyes as he set an enormous stack of psychology texts on the floor by one of his over-stuffed bookcases. “Is it the puzzle? Do feel the need to manipulate things until they’re sitting in a neat, pretty order? Or do you have some need for justice? Let me guess: mummy and daddy died too soon and now you want to avenge them.”

Ignoring the outraged gasp from the young prince’s brother, Jericho frowned at him. She crossed her arms as she truthfully, though rather acerbically, replied, “Do you psychoanalyze everyone, or just people that aren’t your patients?”

Alex grinned, though it vanished in a flash. “I see. You like the rush, then. You enjoy holding your power over others.”

“If we’re talking about things I enjoy, we can start with you answering my questions. That’s about all I’d enjoy from you, at the moment.”

*been writing a lot of smart aleck characters lately*

Viper

Premium
This is from my old work, 100 themes challenge centered around Dante. Was going over it again, thinking what a lazy bastard I am for stopping at theme 36. Oh well, maybe I'll get that needed inspiration during winter, some experts say it will be long and cold.

Down on the ground Nero was waiting for his older partner to finally show up. He could see the enemy approaching from the distance and was now nervously clutching his swords hilt.

A sound of something breaking made him look up, just in time to see something big and red approaching fast. Before he could react, he found himself on the ground, crying out in pain from the impact.

"Ow, dammit Dante, forget pizza, from now on you're eating nothing but carrots and celery sticks!"

Little boys became men, and wooden swords turned to steel. Still I wonder could it have ended differently, could we have fought side by side? I guess I'll never know, you chose your path and I chose mine, they crossed so many times until just one kept walking. And the other... Let's no longer think about that.

"Shh, you'll wake the kid… Just this time… I guarantee it's perfectly safe." Nero could hear Dante's husky voice.

"Fine, just this time… but I hope you know what will happen to you if anyone finds out about this." That sounded very suspicious, and when it was followed by a giggle from Lady and the sounds of sand crunching as a pair of bare feet ran away, Nero couldn't help but get up and see what was happening.

His mouth fell open when he saw Dante running towards the water with Lady on his shoulder, surprisingly very happy for once.

But when clothes started flying and two naked bodies disappeared in the darkness of the sea, Nero knew it was that thing he heard about once. Skinny dipping was it called? Whatever it was, he decided he had enough and returned to bed, suddenly not being able to sleep. One thing's for sure, tomorrows breakfast is going to be served with extra awkward on the side.

"You dare pouring me that decaff crap and I'll disown you." He closed his eyes for a moment, so he wouldn't have to look at the mess she made on the counter and the stove. He wondered how can a girl be such a disaster in the kitchen, but then he remembered that her only role models were people who have restaurants on speed dial. He did try to feed her something home cooked every once in a while, that is how he mastered cinnamon pancakes, but most ingredients could be so expensive these days.

Speaking of cinnamon pancakes, for quite some time his nose was picking up a scent of something burned, and his curiosity was finally satisfied when his daughter set in front of him a plate with pancakes that looked like she finished preparing them on open flame. Ifrit's flame.

He made a mental note to himself to get the kid one of those wafer toasters with light that signals when it's done. She couldn't screw up with that, could she?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
This is from my old work, 100 themes challenge centered around Dante. Was going over it again, thinking what a lazy bastard I am for stopping at theme 36. Oh well, maybe I'll get that needed inspiration during winter, some experts say it will be long and cold.

That's cool, I've been doing something similar ^_^ Only mine is inspired by Scott Pilgrim and the 'themes' are as varied as the media. I call it Dante Vs The World. SERIOUSLY ENTERTAINING.

XD

+ I was going to go work on one project in particular but got sidetracked by another and, as per usual, I've completely forgotten that I wrote more than the first chapter to it.
Add to the fact that it's my favourite MC on-stage, I had a gooooooooooood time rereading what I wrote. And I'm not one to enjoy my own writing much, so....

Right.
This is my take-the-paranormal-genre-and-slap-it-with-Christian-fiction demon hunting novel (because I like the OH NO YOU DIDN'T reactions) just for some background info.
This is just the birth pains of the story, too. The format might change, or I might just polish it, but I like to experiment with the different methods of telling a story. Even if it is in diary form. (My creative writing tutor would be climbing down my throat if she saw this lolololol)

A demon; nothing more, nothing less. I never did like dealing with these things. Point is, everyone in our business know that these unclean spirits have nowhere to go once they are given the boot from their host. They go wandering, and if they don't find a new home, they go back to their original host.

What?! you might say. This guy has no idea what he's talking about! You send demons back to hell so they don't come back, you idiot.

Come on. Really? In the name of God, go back from whence you came? People don't actually believe that ****, do they?

Point 1: Demons are angels cast down from heaven.
Point 2: God forbid Satan and his followers to ever return to Paradise (so really, they can't go back from whence they've come, poor sob's)
Point 3: Not even our Lord Jesus Christ exorcised demons 'to hell' during His time on earth.

These are basic facts in our business. We know what we're about. A lot of people don't.

As I was saying, these demons go back to their original host if they can't find another. Sometimes, if we do our job well enough, the demon can't get back into its host because we've rearranged the host's energy to be more... shall we say... awake to the presence and existence of our King. A revelation of sorts (only one of many revelations). Although when this happens, the demon often will attack again, at a later stage when the host is off guard, and it brings seven of its stronger buddies with it.

Yes, they are spineless cowards. Clever spineless cowards, though. Power is in the numbers.

It's at that point, when the host realises they are once again under attack, that **** gets real. I mean that in a good way. Some people take years to fight off their demons, and feel like they never win. Others eventually have a breakthrough and get to kick some mean demon ass.

But like I said. I don't like dealing with these things, or the Pandora cases, as we've nicked them. Especially not on a ****ing Monday.

*Cuddles Mix* I KNEW there was a reason I kept you around for as long as I have!

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Here is the third chapter from my story: Clockwork Dragon:

Once the meeting was over Eden deiced to head back to the Hunter's Guild and tell Bjorn about the deal. But, on arrival instead of the loud boom of Bjorn's laughter, she was greeted by his shouts of urgency and dismay.

“Bjorn what the seven hells is going on?” she shout as she approached the enraged bear of a man.

“Ah, Eden, you don't know how glad I am to see you!” He said, but the tension in his voice was still there.

“Did something go wrong?” she asked, as she watched the other members run back and forth, arming each other weapons and armor. “Cause it looks like you are about to start a war....”

Lol It looks like it's coming out of hiatus and a good thing to! :3

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Excerpt from, "Whispers of Nowhere" Chapter Four. It's still very unrefined, since I have a lot of polishing to do, but it was probably one of my favourite parts to write.

As they crept closer, she drew back, nearly tripping over the curb behind her. Fear trailed down her spine like icy tendrils, until it seemed each one of her limbs had been filled with lead, keeping her rooted to the spot. She could hear their deep, throaty growls; smell their hot, sour breath. Each muscle in her body screamed for her to run, but she just couldn’t seem to break free of the terror. Just when the pack of reptilian dogs seemed about ready to pounce, a crackling sound reached her ears, followed by a blinding flash of violet light.

The next thing she knew, Forneus was directly in front her, his black dress shirt rumpled and slightly torn, though he seemed otherwise unharmed. Blinking dazedly, she looked around, startled when she realized the creatures that had been bearing down on her just seconds before were nowhere to be found. That’s when she finally noticed it. She hadn’t been able to see it before, with his back to her, but now that he turned around, she could see the electricity dancing across the daemon’s left arm, violet sparks crackling along the rings on his fingers.

Did he just summon lightning? She stared, fascinated. What else can he do, I wonder?

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
A snippet from my Etnad/Dark Dante fic Darkened Whispers. This chapter focuses on Lady and Dante's...financial habits

“Why aren't you answering the phone?”

“What day is it today?”

“Tuesday.”

“Then that should explain everything,” he said, giving her a pointed look.

“Oh come now, am I that predictable?” She walked further into the office, her attire of a single-buttoned, pin-striped blazer and matching hot pants combing through his field of vision. “What if it's a job and you're missing out on it?” Her dark, choppy hair smelled of peaches, not a strand out of place and professionally cared for.

“The only customer that really calls on a Tuesday is the incessant bill collector standing in front of me,” he grumbled in recollection of her stubborn and neediness for his money. “I'm starting to think that you hound money from me on purpose. Why do I have such a large I.O.U with you again?” Dante flipped through an issue of Rider's Digest, pining over the bikes he could only daydream to have.

She scoffed. “Do I have to remind you of all the loans I got for you, not to mention all the times you've borrowed from me? You've racked up quite the tab.”

“Yeah you do, every time you come over. Two loans for $10,000 a piece.” Dante gave a slight glare before returning to his book. “Remember that cutesy little mission in Fortuna? When it was over you brought me and Trish our pay, but not before you took my share before I even got to see it. That was un-ladylike by the way, but seeing that it's you, you could give two sh*ts.”

And my Vergil fic (this ain't Vergil in the snippet below...at least not yet.)

A frail, malnourished body lied crouched on dirtied cemented floor, bruises and deep scars littering a nearly naked physique damaged from years of abuse. A rusted chain is tied to a bony ankle, chained against a rusted stone wall. Dirt and decayed blood littered the area around her, suffocating her senses with the stuffy, briny odor.

Footsteps reached her strained hearing shortly after, filling her once, lively frame with nervous anticipation of dread. Her body began to quake with her stomach fluttering in fear; her nightly regimen of reclusive anger would soon begin. Instead someone else walked in to pay her a visit, quelling her rushed sentiments of anxiety.

“I'm bored,” a child-like, feminine tone drawled, echoing in the damp, quiet space save for the secondly trickle of water. Through the ceiling high-windows the moon beamed into the room, eyes dull and curious gazed upon a voice she has not heard before.

“Ew, this is the thing he keeps in here and plays with whenever he feels like it?”

The voice was cryptic, distant and without care, marinated in disgust as the broken form combed through her dark blue eyes.

The woman on the floor gazed at the small girl with curiosity, holding an interested expression. She never heard a child speak so... harmful before. In a blood-red Victorian-era dress and matching hat the girl drew closer to her, squatting to gain a better look.

“Why is this one so... ugly?” she picked a strand of hair, her fingerless, lace gloves soon letting it go as brown muck coated her fingers. “Yuck! Come here minion and get this off of me!” she stomped her foot in annoyance.

A dark figure she had not seen previously moved within the room, dressed in navy blue, militant clothing, eyes showcasing a bright yellow. An arm extended towards the little girl, quickly wiping the muddy speck off of her fingers with a scowl, using the mystery person’s clothes as a paper towel.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
From my fanfic, Shadow Play:

"I want you to hide their main player so the game is lost by default," Mikael said grimly.
"That's not very sporting."
"I've never been one for sportsmanship."
...and...
Mikael pursed his lips together and cracked his knuckles. "Alright. There's no easy way to say this but... you knocked up your girlfriend."

Is it bad if I'm laughing at these quotes, because I find them honestly funny? ._.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Dante's Stalker Lol, no. It isn't bad. :p I can see the humour in it, even if I don't know what happened before or after.

Snippet from "Whispers of Nowhere" Chapter Seven.

Summoning as much scorn into his voice as he could, he scoffed, "You're joking, right? I can take down Reeves and his lackeys by myself, no sweat." He narrowed his eyes, refusing to back down now with his goal in sight. "Besides, the longer we wait, the stronger he gets; you said it, yourself. We have an obligation to either capture him or kill him, and I'm not going to lie—I really like the sound of the latter."

"You're letting your personal feelings cloud your judgment," Forneus countered, his words taking on a sharper edge, eyes flashing angrily, "What we have an obligation to is the reclamation of the artifacts!"

"No, that's your responsibility," Phenex declared, attempting once again to dislodge the daemon's hands, his grip having tightened in his moment of anger, "Losing the artifacts was your screw up, not mine. The only reason I've helped you this far is because the council ordered me to; if you really want to make up for your mistakes and get your powers back, do it without me, because I won't suffer for your failure any longer!"

As soon as he said the words, he regretted them. He hadn't meant to say any of it, he really hadn't, and from the stunned expression on his face, Forneus hadn't expected him to, either. The pressure on his arms left him, suddenly, the daemon's hands falling limply at his sides. Phenex could do nothing but stare, horrified, as the look of shock melted into one of unbearable agony, as though the words the firebird had spoken had caused him physical pain.

And with the way those eyes dulled from silver to grey, he knew without question that they had; with those few, careless words, he had managed to cut Forneus more deeply than he could ever have done with the sharpest blade. He wanted to take it back, would have given anything to take back every last syllable, but it was too late; the damage had already been done. No amount of apologizing would make up for the hurt he'd just caused, and even if it could, his stubborn pride wouldn't allow him to utter the words, not while he was still in a state of agitation.

So, he did the only thing he could do. He fled. No parting words, no warning of any kind—just up and teleported, not even bothering to pick a destination, beforehand. He needed to get away from Forneus as fast as possible, away from the broken, dejected look in his eyes, and this was the only way he knew how.

When he found himself standing on a quiet, familiar street, he groaned. Of all the places he could have teleported to—it just had to be Gwen's hometown. As if he needed another reason to feel more wretched than he already did.

"Good job, Phenex. You really stepped in it, this time."

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
This is a little quote from my Devil Cry fan fiction currently in progress :
“But, what if I told you Mundus was not the only demon seeking to rule both the Demon and Human world? A demon that was sealed away by The Demon King Mundus and you father the Legendary Dark Knight: Sparda?”

Eh, yeah..... I'm still trying to figure out the all thing. ^^; Might take me some time before i'm finish with the first chapter. Oh, boy this is going to be a long one.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@Dante's Stalker Mix! =D *glomps and snuggles him* (Nothing wrong with laughing at your own jokes. ^^ I laugh at myself all the time.)

So, last night my mind demanded I write out a scene that I have no idea where or when in my sci-fi story (I really need to name this...) it is, just that my brain says it's important. So...here's a bit from it:
Meera flipped their report closed, barely having looked at it, and continued staring them down as though she were deciding who to kill first. “I am not interested in the events that occurred last night—there are over one hundred other reports that say almost the exact same things as yours does. What I want to know is which of you is to blame for the incident.”

Mentally wincing, Violet opened her mouth to begin the story she’d decided on, only to be cut off as Steward stepped forward.

“I take full responsibility,” Steward said, his voice quick and smooth and far too reasonable for the situation. “I was…delayed,” he added, his eyes flicking just slightly toward Violet, leaving her even more confused than she already felt, “and I began my rounds late. In my haste, I must have forgotten to ensure all of the doors were locked.”

Why is he covering for me? Violet wondered, trying to keep her face from looking too blank as Meera stepped out from behind her desk. I was the one on watch; he has to know it was my fault.

“Is that so?” Meera inquired, stepping up to the younger, taller man. “Then why don’t I believe you?”

What happened next Violet never fully knew. All she was aware of was that, one second, Steward stood there, emotionless as he stared down at Meera, and, the very next, he was writhing in pain on the ground. At first, Violet thought it was a seizure of some kind. Then she saw the remote in Meera’s hand and it all clicked together. Whatever was happening to Steward, Meera was causing as punishment. A punishment that hurt him badly enough that he couldn’t even scream.

It didn’t matter though: not five seconds later, Violet had thrown herself down beside him, trying to get him to lie still, and was screaming enough for the both of them. “Stop! Stop it! Stop hurting him! It’s my fault! It was me! Just me! I turned the monitors off for maintenance and I forgot to turn them back on! I didn’t think anything would happen! I’m sorry! Please stop! Please!

Panting and nearly crying, she realized it wasn’t the story she’d rehearsed. Thankfully, it also wasn’t the truth.
Meera watched her for a moment, utterly dispassionate before tapping a button on her remote. As Steward’s body relaxed—whatever had created his torment finally stopping—Meera fixed them both with a smile that Violet could only describe as pure evil. “There, now. That was not so hard, was it? I’ll leave your commanding officer to decide your punishment, Harper.”

Violet nodded numbly, vaguely aware that she was still clutching tightly to said commanding officer, and she found just enough of her voice to whisper, “Yes, ma’am.”

“And Steward?” Meera added, heading for the door. “Do not fail me again. I’ll expect a briefing of the current situation at 2230.”

The door closed behind her in a soft huff of air as Steward slowly sat up. Violet tried to stop shaking, but only managed to reduce the shakes into a minor tremor. She’d never seen such loathing on Steward’s face before, but whether it was directed at Meera or at himself, or even toward Violet just for having witnessed the scene, was unclear.

“Are…are you alright?” Violet slowly inquired, attempting to help him to his feet, only for Steward to shake her off almost immediately. “Why would you—I was the one on duty. Why would you lie for me?”

Steward paused in the midst of straightening his uniform to stare at her with narrowed eyes. “For you? I did not lie, Harper. I was the one that left the door open.”

Violet’s thoughts jarred to a sudden halt. She had turned off the security systems and buzzed the rebels in, but that was what the Alliance had asked her to do—that was a spy’s job. But Steward…was loyal to the Syndicate, right? He’d cut all ties to the Alliance. He wasn’t a spy. So, why then would he betray them? Was it to get back at Meera? Or…? “Why would you leave the door open?”

He started to answer and then paused, utter confusion blossoming over his face. 'I don’t know'.

Remember the quote about Mr. Sharp Dressed Man that Violet began to have a crush on and then wanted to punch in the face? Dude has issues. =D *snuggles him* Gods d*mn you, Steward, I want to hate you so badly, but you keep making me like you. T-T

Last edited:

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
From my Resident Evil fic ft. Sheva Alomar

A worker in a hazmat suit covered the decaying figure, two more holding the grieving man in restraint after he identified the corpse. He wasn't consoled, shoving the health workers away and running after his last family member. Naji's weight buckled, sinking to the floor in crumbling defeat, sobbing his heart into his hands.

There was a time where the duo performed street tricks, entertaining the crowd with the use of throwing knives and flaming swords. The audience cheered and applauded their efforts, smiles lighting up the temporary darkness the terrorists brought into their town. Naji remembered the smile upon his son's face after each performance, an elated passion simmering in his soul that shone through his grin.

A grin Naji can only see in the recesses of his memories.

Outside the hut a woman stood watching the scene, eyes set in unblinking hatred for living relatives had to confirm the dead sight of their loved ones. Women trembled in unbridled anger. Children huddled next to each other, trailing tears expressing the words they couldn't say.

She knew these broken families had years to go before the open wounds healed in their souls, before the constricting strain on their hearts lifted. Their lives are forever altered, never able to relish in the comfort their sisters, fathers, cousins and uncles brought them.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Nicky: I love you
Dams: I love you too
Nicky: I just don...GET you sometimes, ya'know?
Dams: Yeah, me neither.
Nicky: The world is like...littered with super people...and you're our risking your life on a daily basis...in tights might i add. You could literally be doing ANYTHING, but you do otherwise. That's just...it's weird.
Dams: I dunno. I just feel like people with power of any kind should be the most selfless. That's all.
Nicky: AH HA. My parets were so right about you.
Dams: You think I'm a closet homosexual who's only dating you to seem less like so?
Nicky: Wha--? No, silly mongoose. You'd totally suck at being a politician.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
"When I look at you, I can't help but see my own agonized reflection starring back at me." Oblivion said darkly. RelliK craned his neck. " We are both victims of a systems where men must be tortured. We have both tasted the bitter pain of loss, felt the wretch of betrayal, and the anguish of defeat. We were both betrayed by superiors. Our lives have been revolving doors of psychological torment. Carousels of agony, long monologues of mutilation!" Oblivion spoke with more vigor and tone in his voice than he did with any of the others. RelliK could tell that Oblivion was saying this out of some twisted kind of respect and not as a mind game. He was saying it because he understood. "I can see it in your eyes. Those eyes so analytical and devoid of emotion, but every now and then a spark of emotion will shine through. Occasionally you wonder what it would be like to live a decent life, but you know it cant happen because people like and you and I have a special place in hell carved out for us. We don't belong out there." Oblivion's words resonated with RelliK, " Every now and then you feel something you don't want to feel, be it compassion or affection or general happiness. The problem is you don't want to feel anything, so you keep what you feel hidden from the world. The problem is no matter how hard you try or how fast you run, you cant hide from yourself." RelliK fought his urge to make a hasty attack. He had no desire to hear what Oblivion was telling him, true as it may be. Oblivion went on. " So why is it that we are still here? Why do we fight when we have lost everything? For me it was hate. My hatred for Apocalypse and my desire for vengeance consumed me and is what drives me to stay alive long enough to enact my revenge. But you? No, you're different. You have already carried out your revenge. You are fighting for something different. Do you even know what it is you are fighting for or if your goal can be obtained? Maybe you are just fighting because you are too proud to end it yourself."
RelliK's hands trembled with a swirl of emotions. Anger, sorrow, regret,pain, fury, guilt,and many more. Oblivion leveled his spear. " Yes come and let your emotions bleed through , show me what you really are. I am honored to give you the end you so desperately desire. Come and make this a battle that will never, ever be forgot!"

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Harker choked on his beer, a feat that had never happened.
"Are you sure?" He grabbed the young dhampir by the shirt, lifting the teen into the air. Lupa held her head, hyperventilating,
"Yes. I heard him clearly say the man's name." Allen struggled to release himself from the Haunter's biologically engineered, mystically enhanced might. "He called him 'Mortis'."
Lupa began to break down. "We're dead. He's hired the Grim ****ing Reaper!"
On the other side of the province, in a settlement unknown to the two Haunters, a town gathered up their weapons. Led by their mayor, a First Generation Haunter by the name of Nodens, they sought the black cloaked man who had slaughtered their guards. They caught him as the sun set, just outside their town.
Nodens held up his weapon, a pre Arkfall shotgun loaded with something called "Wiley Pete shells". He aimed at the man's head.
"I don't know who you are, stranger. I don't much care. All I know is, you killed a lot of people from this here town, and you're coming with me, dead or alive."
The man in black laughed, a sound that struck fear into even Nodens' heart.
"Nodens. Named after the Celtic god of healing, dogs, hunting and the sea. Generation 1, Undead type. One of the last surviving Haunters who fought in ArkFall." The man in black flicked his cloak back. Underneath it he wore a ceramic vest, armored pants, and armored boots. At his side hung two sickles, sharpened to wicked points. The hood of the cloak fell back, revealing eyes permanently stuck in Haunter Fury mode. But it was not the golden color of a beast type, nor the bright red of an undead type. His eyes were black, with the irises glowing a sickly green color.
"What the hell are you?" Nodens whispered.
"My name is Mortis." The black clothed man raised his hand, then closed it into a fist. The townspeople, anyone who had no training in the mystic arts, fell to the ground. They were dead before they struck the dirt, lives crushed nearly instantly. No one could muster such high level magic without a chant! How could this be possible?
Noctis smiled at the horrified Nodens. "I am death given flesh. The one perfect Anti Life weapon."

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Random scene popped into my head earlier, so here's a bit from Blackout:
“Must you always be such a bleeding heart?” he scolded, a frown on his lips though his eyes were smirking at her. “Why not simply wait until the witch is awake and cast her out? She’s been nothing but trouble for every Hero that’s crossed her path and we both know she’ll eagerly cast us into deeper trouble without a second thought. I refuse to spend my time and energy on her.”

Victoria struggled to keep from outright glaring at him as she leaned furtherly against the armchair. Her knuckles were starting to go white against the upholstery and her fingers were beginning to ache from strain. “I’m not saying we should completely suspend everything until Theresa is healed. I’d be glad to move her to the castle’s infirmary, but we’ll have to trespass on you for a while longer until I can move her. I’m not comfortable being on the roads with her in this state.”

Reaver huffed, half-rolling his eyes as he looked down at her as though she were a stubborn child. “And what if she never recovers, hmm? How will you compensate me for this trouble? That woman is a plague and I refuse to be furtherly exposed to her.”

“Some would say the same about you,” the queen retorted shortly, cocking an eyebrow at him as she frowned up at him. She didn’t feel like discussing his constant needs for ‘compensation’ today. All she wanted was to end the conversation and get some sleep.

The silence around them stretched for a long while—Victoria glaring into the top of the chair’s back as Reaver, she could tell from the weight of his gaze on the top of her head, watched her in turn. A variety of remarks on his character and all that he’d done that she had heard of or seen sifted through her mind and she dismissed all of them. Debating was one way to get Reaver to immediately turn Theresa away. Sure, Victoria could play the royalty card, but who was to say Theresa wouldn’t just ‘mysteriously’ vanish or worsen if she did so?

Victoria opened her mouth to say something, still unsure what exactly to say, just as Reaver clicked his tongue in disapproval.

“Oh, very well, love,” he said with a nonchalant wave of his leather-gloved hands. He sounded exasperated and annoyed, but he was acting far too careless to really mean it. “I’ll see to the barmy Seer’s health and such, but I expect ample remuneration!” His smirk indicated he already had quite an idea for how he wished to be paid and the blush that had crept onto Victoria’s cheeks seemed only to encourage him. “Of course, I will endeavor to work my hardest to ensure you are absolutely satisfied, your majesty. Naturally, I am your most devoted of footmen; your pleasure is one of my only goals.”

“Oh, stop!” Victoria huffed, her face burning at his mockery. She barely managed to keep from burying her face in her hands and giggling awkwardly like a school girl. Being angry with him was about the only way she knew of to handle the embarrassment. “Why I ever thought we could have a civilized discussion, like two adults should, I don’t know. You’re appalling.”

“Don’t be ridiculous, love,” he admonished, practically purring in a mixture of amusement and overt sensuality. “You know perfectly well that you will always be fond of me. I am everything you’ve never had the courage to do yourself.”

If it weren’t so true, she might have slapped him.

Stop being so much fun to write, you two. I swear, all you guys do is bicker...and I love it. Stahp it. Gosh dern Fable muses demanding attention all the time. <3

Last edited:
Top Bottom