• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quotes From Your Own Work!

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
After class rehearsal, three stay behind. Clairese, Maggie, and Damien

Teacher: Hey.
Clairese: Hey, Ms. Neverstein. How was my solo line? I felt like I went flat on measure 41.
Teacher: No, you did fine. f you wish, we could talk it over at lunch.
Clairese: thanks
Teacher: No problem, lovebug. *turning her attention to maggie* HEY!
Maggie: Hey. How did Damien and I sound in our duet?
Teacher: You did great. It was darn near perfect. Watch out for that jump on measure 19 but otherwise it was great

Damien smiles. Clairese notices something

Clairese: OM FRIKIN G! Damien, your tooth is back!

Damien blushes, unaware that he smiled and if anyone would notice that his tooth had grown back

Damien: Yeah, I had it regrown at the dentist office yesterday.
Clairese: Cool
Maggie: HEHE. But back then, you was getting all them girls with the toothless act.

Everybody laughs, Damien included, but behind the gleeful eyes, Damien knew of each girl he COULD have gotten, but didn't want, and the one he wanted, he could never have.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
The sound of swords echoed across the plain. The two warriors fought with a fury that was usually reserved for fiends and Fae. Kross' zweihander hit Akinas' jagged sword again and again, blocking strike after strike. A strike from Akinas sent Kross stepping back. The Exorcist danced around Kross' guard, cutting him again and again. A strike from his saw-toothed blade nearly slit Kross' throat, but the teen managed to trap the blade. Kross grabbed the pommel of his sword and slammed it into Akinas' face, causing blood to pour from his mouth. Akinas swung his blade in a wild arc, and the blade hit home. The cold steel sent a white hot surge of pain through Kross' side. Blood began to drip down from his side. The black zweihander slipped from his grasp.
"Not bad. You're better than you were three years ago."
"So are you." Kross smirked.
"Why are you smiling?" A sense of dread overcame Akinas.
"Oh, it's simple really. This is a two handed sword." Kross grabbed the sword with both hands and swung with all his might. The exorcist barely managed to block the swing before the black swordsman slashed down with a blow that could slash stone.
Akinas barely managed to dodge it, only to receive a kick in the stomach. He stumbled back, and Kross' sword cut a deep groove on Akinas' nose.
"Karma's a bitch, huh?" Kross said as Akinas stumbled. Kross slashed out again, carving a deep wound in Akinas' side!
Akinas stumbled and tried to put up a defense, but Kross stabbed him in the right arm. The sword dropped, but Akinas grabbed it in his left hand.
"Die!"" Akinas swung his sword with all of his might, headed straight for Kross' head. Kross wouldn't be able to block in time!
A sickening thunk resounded. Akinas looked down to discover a Kross' sword in his chest.
"That's one." Kross said, breathing heavily from the battle.
Akinas slumped forward and Kross planted his foot on him.
"Get off my sword." The Black swordsman growled as he kicked the body away. Kross wiped his blade on the grass and started to walk away, before he stumbled and fell, the wound on his side bleeding profusely

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
"This Armsmaster Quarterstaff also happens to be a sword, as well. And according to these plans, I may be able to forge it into other weapons over the course of time. I'll call it... the Multifarious."

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
“Look boys, this codger’s got himself some steel. Think he’s fixin’ to use it?” a larger bandit within the group said.
“Can he even remember which end to hold?” A low cackle swept through the lot of them like a weak rumble of thunder.
“I warn you, my sword is a little rusty, so I won’t be leaving you with infected wounds. I’ll be cutting…to kill,” Din tiredly warned.

------
“You spoke much of worth, sir, and I believe in a lot of what you’ve said,” the old man muttered with tired breath. “All lives do have value, which fluctuate based upon deeds and decisions. Tell me, how many lives have you taken?”
“Wha….uh…I don’t know…dozens?”
“Is that a question, or an answer?” the old man checked, twisting the dagger a few inches to the right.
Orvine growled in pain before reaffirming his answer. “Dozens! Agh dozens I tell you! But I won’t do it again, I swear to you! I swear!”
“Ah, the decision to mend your ways now; a noble choice to be sure, and you feel that by doing so you can atone for the bloodshed you’ve caused?” the old man asked.
“Yessir…so…I’ll just be going then. Lower your sword and I’ll be off…” Orvine stammered.
The old man cocked his head, his wrinkled brow furrowing.
“Oooooh…I apologize. It was not my intent to give you the impression that I found your life to have any value, for I whole-heartedly believe yours has none. Losing pence for each drop of blood you’ve spilt, you’ve been walking about with empty pockets. There’s nary a lifetime long enough for you to climb your way out of a debt like that, and to leave you alive would be to devalue all those that you come across in the future.”
Orvine swallowed hard.
“I hope it was all worth it,” the old man growled, sliding his sword across the leader’s neck.

From Chapter I of Blast Back.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Up ahead, the wavering gaslight threw a shadow into strange proportions. “Julian!”

Jenny ran forward as best she could, limping slightly, and she fell to her knees beside a reaching arm. Her heart thudded in her ears as she frantically worked to help clear debris from the mostly-buried person. However, as she helped pull them free, Jenny felt a surge of fear twist her gut. Staring up at her wasn’t the white-haired, blue-eyed beauty of Julian, nor was it the sharp, cynical profile of her cousin Zach. Instead, she was faced with a strong jaw, slightly muddled golden eyes, and long, messy black hair.

“Thanks,” the shadow man panted, wiping at a cut on his cheek and only succeeding in smearing blood across his face.

“Marcus?”

He stared at her a moment, breathing hard. “Sorry to disappoint."

From Abyss. Hehe, don't worry, Marcus; you might be disappointing to Jenny, but that's about the only one you're disappointing to. ;)

The silence was deafening and the stillness painful. Then, after an eternity, L finally began to speak: “You survived.”

“B is…pleased to see L’s powers of observation have continued to serve him well,” B mocked, keeping his voice far more pleasant than Watari had ever heard it.

Switched pt2! B! :inlove:

I need to post Batman and Archon's Folly quotes (AF has soooo much about L vs Light and their 5th-grade-war-tactics...). Maybe next time.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
"Dante? Who's that?" Asked Relai.

"A dumbass with white hair and a flamboyantly idiotic sense of adventure." Constantine sighed, breathing out his cigarette, "It only took me a minute to kick his ass."

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The memory was vivid, a sharp pain sitting between Dante's ribs as he recalled it all, his breathing becoming more laboured.

Swiping a hand across his face, he took several deep, calming breaths. He supposed he should have expected such haunting dreams; he had been thinking of Vergil after all. What had he really expected? That he would manage to get black-out drunk enough to keep the dreams at bay?

They came every year, and would probably come for many more.

From my "A Day in the Life of Dante" word-prompt 'fic, Chapter 18: Tears.

"So, you've finally made it, son of Sparda."

As soon as Dante's feet hit ground, his ears were greeted by a rich, unfamiliar baritone. Turning around, he took in the impressive demon general before him. Casually resting Ivory over his right shoulder, he began scanning his memory.

Looking at the tall, muscular figure clad in black and gold armour, the red-clad hunter surmised that he had never met this particular devil before; a demon like this would stand out in a crowd.

"You must be Cilas." Dante replied, his blue eyes boring into violet ones.

The demon gifted him with a sneer, his dark grey lips pulling back to reveal a pair of very sharp fangs. "Are you ready to surrender your power and will to me, son of Sparda? I must admit, you came much more readily than I expected. Could it be because I have something of value to you…or should I say, 'someone'?"

His helmed head tilted to one side, indicating the white-haired youth hanging from his wrists several feet in the air, the chains pulled taut, secured to two large metal poles in the ground.

Nero's sapphire eyes met Dante's, the younger man looking to be both exhausted and in agony from his ordeal. Several small cuts riddled the youth's face, a deep gash running from the inside of his left elbow to the palm of his hand. His clothes were tattered in several places; deep, bloody welts visible beneath the torn clothing.

"You alright, kid?" Dante called up to him, his voice coming out gruff as he fought back the fury rising in his chest.

"Never been better…" the younger man grinned weakly at him, before succumbing to a fit of coughing, blood staining his pale lips.

Returning his deadly gaze to the demon general, Dante grabbed Rebellion from his back, holding the claymore steady in front of him.

"You wanted me, here I am." He ground out between clenched teeth. "If you want me to surrender my power to you, you have to beat me first. If you do that, you set Nero free, and I'll do whatever you want. If I win, you surrender your power to me."

Cilas stared at Dante for a long moment, frowning as he mulled the half devil's proposition over. "Alright," he agreed finally, "I'll spare the boy's life; taking yours will be much more satisfactory."

"I'll just bet..." Dante sneered at him humourlessly; he was getting pretty damn tired of the Demon Realm's grudge against his father, and all of those who just so happened to carry his bloodline.

Cilas drew his own sword, the blade longer and even wider than that of Rebellion; the hilt was black, taking the form of two large bat wings. The handle looked like thorns spiralling upward, until it reached the pommel, where a black bat head with emerald-encrusted eyes sat; the fanged jaws agape. The blade itself somewhat resembled Rebellion, in that it tapered into identical notches just before the broad tip.

"Whenever you're ready, son of Sparda..."

Dante crouched into a defensive stance, stashing Ivory away as he held Rebellion in both hands.

"Your move, General." The devil hunter countered, a predatory grin tugging at his lips.

With that, Cilas lunged forward, and the battle began.

Also from "A Day in the Life of Dante", Chapter 32: Surrender.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'll have to remember to thank Dante, Nero mused, stabbing Red Queen down into the second guard's stomach, that little trick worked better than I'd expected.

Before he could pull his sword free, something hard struck him along the jaw, sending him flying over backward. Coming to a stop as he crashed against one of the cages, Nero let out a groan, and pushed himself unsteadily to his feet. Gripping the bars for support, he shook his head dazedly, willing his eyes to focus.

The frightened stares of the prisoners swam in and out of his view, his hearing rising and falling with the erratic beating of his heart in his ears. As he made to move away from the cage, a large fist clamped around his throat, wrenching upward to lift him clear off of the ground.

With his airways closing off, all the part devil could do was claw feebly at the hand around his throat. His breath came out in short, painful gasps, his lungs burning, desperately seeking oxygen, as his heart continued to violently slam against his ribcage. With black specks beginning to dance in his vision, Nero's attempts to free himself lessened, and then completely stopped, altogether. His arms fell uselessly at his sides, the guard's grip on his throat only seeming to tighten in reaction to his prey's near loss of consciousness.

Just as the last vestiges of light faded from Nero's vision, the vice-like grip disappeared, leaving the part devil to land hard on his side, his arm taking the full brunt of the fall. There was a sharp crack followed by a flash of pain, and then, nothing. The pain had receded just as quickly as it had come, leaving him with nothing but a cool, tingling sensation, coursing up and down his arm, the broken bone instantly mending.

From, "The Order of Sparda: Chapter 21".

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
This is from one of my notebook drib drabs

Katrina just sat there for a few minutes before turning to me again. "Luke, how do you do it?" She asked me. Now it was my turn to give the questioning looks. " What do you mean?" I ask her. " Like how do manage to go out and fight tooth and nail while constantly putting yourself at risk?" I think about this for a moment. "Because it is the right thing to do." I say simply. Katrina looks at me almost mystified. " And that gives you the courage to go and poke the grim reaper with a stick and make a joke about it?" She asked. "Yup" I say simply. She looked at me again. " Okay maybe I should ask why you do it then? Besides that it is the right thing to do what reason do you have to go and fight until you damn near die and have most people be unaware of it?" Katrina finished her question with a curious look in her eyes. It was interesting , we've known each other for about a year and she has known about my anti-crime activities for almost as long. Yet this is the first time she has asked about my motivation. I smile slightly.
" Katrina I don't need a reason to help people. I do what I do because I can do things that no one else can and it helps to keep people safe." I look her in the eyes before continuing. " It will keep people like you safe." I said to her with a slight smile.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Research human existance*
Scenario: an ocean of cells carrying unique DNA in each. If God decided to let a shower of saline solution rain down on the cells, would they die or evolve?
Congratulations, you just aborted the human race.
Honestly, I've no idea if this is MY actual quote, or a quote from someone else that I dotted down, or whether it's one of my characters' research notes. I thought it funny enough to share. Human stupidity, aye! I recon it's gotta be one of moi alien characters' diary entries, though.

And a poem thingy from Shadow Legacy:
Shadow, shadow, on the wall,
I can hear you when you call,
Shadow, shadow, on the wall,
Scream it out at lightfall.

Shadow, shadow, on the wall
I don't fear you, not at all.
/
Shadow, shadow, on the wall
You I fear the most of all.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Hmm, just kinda came up with this last night alongside a spiffy villain character for a possible RP in the future

The Malefic Lord sits on a throne of malice
Your corpse will be the foundation of his palace
His rule will become your blunder
Oppose him and you will be torn asunder
Wearing a mask of misery, your will he makes break
Satisfied with his work your life he will take.
Pain and suffering making your body hollow
Your tortured spirit acquires the orders it will follow

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Nero shuddered as he passed through the portal, the part devil blinking away the brightly swirling specks of light that danced before his eyes. Once they dissipated, he looked high above him, taking in the sickle-shape of the waning moon, the dark side framed by an ominous red light. Large grey storm clouds obscured his view of the stars, the distant rumble of thunder reaching his ears from the mountain peaks far beyond the city. The air seemed thicker, heavier than it had been short hours earlier; it was as though an oppressive force had settled over Fortuna, shrouding it in utter blackness, denser than that of the night, itself.

He made his way down the cobblestoned streets, tightly pulling his coat around him as the rain began to fall. As he opened the large, steel door leading into the Business District, he braced himself against the chill night air. It was much windier here in the plaza, the strong gusts carrying the intermingling scents of smoke and rain.

"So, the fighting has already started." He muttered, his gaze trailing over the wisps of black smoke coiling up from just beyond the gates at the end of the strip. Catching sight of a swirling, violet vortex to his far left, the part devil snorted; he could just make out the familiar, pudgy form of Captain Valac, the pale demon racing toward the portal, falling several times in succession before actually making it through to the other side.

Nero stood rooted to the spot in morbid fascination, watching as the soldiers of Squad Four, along with their Captain, Stolas, piled through the portal right after Valac, the sound of their panicked shouts causing the young hunter's shoulders to quake with silent mirth.

Having had his fill of the spectacle of the demons escaping through the portal, Nero pulled the hammer back on his revolver, and rounded the corner leading out of the alleyway. He let out a startled gasp when he nearly collided with a figure in red, the part devil staggering back and moving into a defensive stance, Blue Rose held out in front of him.

"Nero!" Dante whirled around with his own pistols in hand, the devil hunter appearing equally surprised. "I was hoping I'd find you around here, kid."

The beginning of Chapter 22: Vendetta, from "The Order of Sparda".

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Oh I found another one! Okay here we go.

Oswald: And there they are!
Mikhail: Poor bastards aren't even aware of the hell that's to come. I almost envy that sort of thinking. *loads her crossbow*
Oswald: Wha!? Honey get'chur mind off them dead-heads'n feast your eyes on THAT GALLANT GIFT FROM GOD!
[Desmond squint-focuses]
Desmond: ...He's talking about the XXX down the street...

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
From Archon's Folly (FablexDeath Note):
Sleep was tugging at his eyes, but he refused to give in and ask for a break. He’d wanted to join the task force and so he would suffer through it. For some reason, it was beginning to bug him that, though everyone looked tired, L showed no signs of exhaustion. That said, he was also fairly certain that had something to do with how many cups of coffee and how many sweets L had consumed in the twelve hours since Light had arrived in L’s hotel-room-slash-headquarters—six cups of coffee, three cups of tea, two chocolate bars, three dango, an entire plate of macaroons, two slices of fruit tart, one slice of strawberry shortcake, a box of Skittles and, now, a lollipop…not that Light was keeping track or anything.
‘Is this guy really L? Why’s he want you to lend him your brain? Is he a zombie? He looks like a zombie.’
^ Ryuk to Light upon first meeting L. XD

From Viral (Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler/whatever you wanna call it):
The demon amused himself momentarily by imagining the tiny Earl bobbing along in the Arctic waters, spluttering and cursing Sebastian’s name. His thoughts then turned shrewd as he decided his master was unfortunate enough, that, instead of it just cooling him down, he would turn hypothermic. 'No', Sebastian added sourly, 'he would make certain to drown or freeze himself out of pure spite towards me.' He mentally snorted. 'Such a thoughtful child'.
Oh, Bassy!” a sing-song voice called over the roar of cobblestones being destroyed by a quickly-moving death scythe.

Sebastian’s leap landed him on his feet a couple yards away, thankfully untouched. He glanced toward the alleyway, annoyed that the demons within it were now gone, and decided he needed to stop venturing into the city. He turned back to his attacker and exasperatedly sighed, “Hello, Grell.”

His eyes were violently assaulted by the sheer brightness of the colour red as the wind caused Grell’s scarlet hair and coat to whip violently around the flamboyant reaper.

Grell grinned, showing his pointed teeth, and cooed, “I’ve been thinking about you all night, Sebastian darling, but I never imagined we would be working in the same area tonight! I am just thrilled to death.” He lowered his death scythe slightly, letting it idle as he looked Sebastian up and down lasciviously. “An awful lot of souls on the To Die list have been vanishing lately. I wonder…you aren’t being naughty now, are you…sweet Bassy?”
"And if you give a Grell a chainsaw, Grell will want to fight his demon. And if he fights his demon...the demon will break the chainsaw. And when the demon breaks his chainsaw, a Grell will want a new one." ;) Y'hear that, Sebby? No breaking chainsaws! >_< Seriously, how much money do you think your writer has?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Sorry for the double post, but I as lulz from Viral to share. >_>

“Now, now, don’t be so rude,” he chided affectionately, carefully disengaging the claws from his flesh and picking up the yawning cat responsible. “Do not claw me so.”

The squirming mass of black fur in his hands purred loudly and, when Sebastian set her down on the bed, curled up in the crook of his arm, demanding to have her ears scratched.

As he complied with the cat’s wishes, he found it very lucky his young master never bothered to enter this room. At that particular moment, there were five cats frolicking about on the floor, playing, and seven, discounting the black cat in his arms, that had all curled up to sleep in one large soft, warm at the foot of the bed. They were only inside because of the rain and they weren’t allowed out of his bedroom—unfortunately, he’d been denied a cat on so many occasions he’d lost count though he could often get away with sneaking in the cats on rainy nights while everyone else was busy—but he was positive his lord would not be pleased. For some reason, not sneezing was more important to the Earl than seeing such adorably exquisite beauty. Personally, Sebastian couldn’t understand how anyone could refuse such elegant felines. Those proud ears, elegant tails, and supple bodies were simply magnificent! Not to mention their soft coats and paws…oh, their paws….

Oh, the fluff.... :laugh: *hasn't written fluff in a while and now feels a bit odd about it, but is too busying LOLing over Sebby's cat love to care*

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Cut scenes from Why Do I Love You.
"What the-" Dante muttered beside me, stunned. "Why am I always the last to know of these things?"

Because much like you have found a way to sabotage my plot lines, I have found a way to prevent you from doing that. I am a genius, thank you very much, now get back to the story.

and

"Let her go!"

Black and white lights strobed across my field of vision for a moment and then, abruptly, he let me go. I staggered to the side and collapsed to my knees the instant something sharp and shiny embedded itself in my shoulder. I looked at it, dazed at the blue pulsating light around it, and realized that it was one of Vergil's summoned swords that had struck me down. I sat, breathing hard for a second, before grabbing hold of it and yanking it out.

Yoh that was bad aim, Vergil. Even Dante can shoot better than that.

Mundus threw her into its path. There was no chance of stopping it.

Oh, so I should tell Mundus he did a crappy job then.

Cease this deplorable desire you have to kill Cora.

.....NEVARRRRRRRR.

I don't know which I enjoy writing more - the banter between the brothers or the squabbling I end up having with them from time to time. XD

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
*BUUUUUMP**
Eons ago, in the universe of fiction and fandom, Raven (aka Shadow) and I managed to get some photos taken of Vergil and Dante. We also got kicked out of Dante's office and forbidden to set foot back there. Oh, and Raven had sticky fingers so we ended up with their amulets *MWUAHAHAHA*
Claire: But would we sell it? That's the real question.

Raven: I wouldn't, personally. What if some nut used them and opened the portal between worlds?

Claire: Yeah we wouldn't want that. I think we should keep it. We can make it like you know those corny friendship necklaces? You take half, I take half. I think that's what they are anyway.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
The things we say and do when we're on a sugar high.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
[/QUOTE]Oh my, some of these posts are very intriguing to read!:D

Oh dear, this is the first time Ive posted anything because...laziness?:meh:...so I wanted to share this snippet of my work. I'm becoming attached to Dark Dante aka Dante's doppelganger/repressed side and I like this little scene where he's analyzing the culture around him.

"There was a tall man that walked along the plethora of writhing bodies, towering over most of the inhabitants staring with a variety of expressions. Women stared at his deep, crimson irises surrounded by onyx-hued sclearas. They gazed upon his shapely eyes, aquiline nose, succulent lips and strong jawline. Fingers twitched in longing anticipation to run them through ebony locks, and to rub sensuously on tanned skin.

Men sent wordless glares at his wide muscular form, envy simmering in their beings for their diminutive statures and auras dwarfed in comparison to his own.

Hm, perhaps some of the sad sacks of flesh let their inner monsters out of their cages while on a short leash, letting the internal beasts taste the rising jealousy in the air.

Ah, the aches emerging from the lack of attributes another wishes to possess filled the tall man with laughter. So typical and naïve are humans to fantasize over mundane things, and it proved even funnier when they acted on them. It was in the environment all around him. Women envied other women for their curvaceous figures, petite figures, small breasts, large breasts, short hair, long hair, thick legs, slim legs, eye color, nose shape, skin tone... all the superficial characteristics in an unattainable goal for perfection."

Yeah, that piece just sticks to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom