• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quotes From Your Own Work!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Dante had his head on Vergil's chest .Vergil was sat upright in the chair normally, and Dante was lying across the sofa... they were both snoring.

"Afternoon boys," Nite giggled "I didn't know that I would be walking down to a scene from a Yaoi book."

Taken from an early chapter in Nite-Runner. I had been on a Yaoi-fest before i wrote it.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@Master Vergil: Hehe, go Verge, indeed. :D LOL Mix and Julian. XD I'd like to see Jenny-the-goose. *looks expectantly at Mix* >_>

And...from Fear Itself chappie 15:
Jenny froze as Julian suddenly leaned in. Her heart skipped a beat and she had to wonder what he was doing. Her heart skipped a beat and shivers raced through her body as she felt his breath on her neck. The girl felt tension flood through her body; she held perfectly still, expecting a kiss. Her breathing shallowed and came faster. His lips brushed against her earlobe.

“Don’t trust Marcus,” he murmured, effectively killing the mood.
Can I just say...I took far too much joy in writing that. >_>

And...from...something.... I dun have a name for it, yet.
Dante felt a slight stir in the back of his brain as he watched Claire walk, ran soaked, towards him. He hoped the interest he felt was his hormones and not some one else’s.

“You’re not going to make a move on my girl, right, Verge?” Dante muttered, scowling slightly.

There was an incredulous pause before Vergil said dryly, “Your idiocy astounds me.”
Contrary to some-people-I-know's beliefs...Claire is based on the one that was briefly mentioned in the DMC novel and my own imagination. Not...well...Claire. ^^;

“Do we have to? I hate reading.”

“No…we don’t…” Vergil admitted, sounding slightly amused at his brother’s whining, “But the longer I stay in your head, the less likely it will be that I can leave.”

Dante blinked. He imagined trying to pick up chicks or go about normal life with his twin trapped in his brain. Sure, Vergil would be a good help when it came to fighting, but if he had to listen to much more of his snarky bits of ‘wisdom’, Dante was going to go insane. Well...insane-er. “So…where’s this book, again?”

Last edited:

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
This is like my favorite moment between Daryl and Jenny (one of his art students).

"Oh, my God! Mr. Holland, hi!"

Daryl looked up from the ring and turned around. A brunette girl was sprinting through the mall towards him. When she reached him, she threw her arms around him in what would have been a bone crushing hug if it weren't for the size difference between the two of them.

"You remember me, right, Mr. Holland?" she asked, looking up at him with hopeful brown eyes.

"It's Daryl outside of school, Jenny," Daryl said.

"You do remember me!"

"How could I forget my best student who spent every lunch with me?"

She pulled away from him and flashed a smile. "What are you doing?"

Daryl turned around, said, "Looking at that ring," and pointed to the too expensive ring he had been staring at for the past fourty-five minutes.

"Is it for Mr. Stewart? Are you finally proposing?"

"I've proposed to Derek before, he just said no. So I'm re-proposing to him."

"Oh," she said. "Well, I like that ring."

"I hate it."

"Why?"

"It's ass-raping me with its expensiveness." He paused for a moment before adding, "How's high school been treating you?"

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Contrary to some-people-I-know's beliefs...Claire is based on the one that was briefly mentioned in the DMC novel and my own imagination. Not...well...Claire. ^^;
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! D: Well I can pretend, can't I? >_< :lol:

Excerpt from I hate Everything About You (revised version):

This afternoon something bad happened. I don't know what exactly. All I heard was this huge crash from the ballroom, and the ground moved under me, and then there was an awfully loud and scary sound like...I don't know, like a big lion roaring. But it didn't really sound like a lion. It didn't sound like anything I've ever heard before. And then I heard Dante scream from the room.He screams like a girl. It was a really quick scream but almost as loud as the roaring. And then I heard Eva shouting at Sparda, and Vergil told me to follow him to the back room behind the kitchen, and he locked the door. When I asked him what was going on, all he said was that Dante must have done something stupid again. And then Dante was knocking on the door because he wanted to come into the room with us, and he was crying, but Vergil wouldn't open the door for him. And then I think Dante went outside because I heard the screendoor slam shut, and I heard these really big heavy thumps go by the door. Vergil showed me to stay quiet. We didn't leave the room until Eva asked us to come out, and I haven't seen Dante for the rest of the day. He didn't even come down for supper tonight. And no one will tell me what's going on.
Truth be told, I'm still undecided whether that roaring sound was Sparda ticked off or Sparda laughing at Dante. Either way, he was in DT form, hence the unnatural sound. And I don't know what Dante's done either. Well, I only know as much as the MC, right?
...1st person narration sucks piles.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
^ D: Well...if you'd said it was okay to base a character on you I might have. XD Hehe. Though...I doubt you'd want to be her after what I've got planned.... ^^;
Hmm...somehow with that excerpt, I got the mental image of Dante throwing pebbles at a DTed Sparda and Sparda laughing at him.... >_>

Bit from Dante Dreaming chappie 2:
“What’s wrong, bro?”

“It’s nothing.”

In times like these, he really felt like hitting Vergil with a stick or a big rock…or one of those abnormally large books he was always poring over. It wasn’t because Vergil had, for want of a better term, iced over again. It was ticking Dante off, because he was doing the big brother thing again. Deliberately keeping information from him because the elder son of Sparda thought he didn’t need to know…no matter the reason. Jackass.
And because I so wanted the next line to have something to do with throwing something at Vergil:
Vergil retreated back into himself, sensing that there was no more ‘logical’ conversation to be had, and Dante glared. This was why he never pondered things. No, not because his brother didn’t want to discuss them with him, but because he didn’t want to turn into his stuck up know-it-all of twin.

“Verge?” he inquired, starting to feel wrongly ignored. “Vergil...Vergie...Verge...Veeeeerge...."

Not receiving a reply, Dante picked up the extra book his brother had brought and inspected the cover. And without thinking of the repercussions, he lobbed it as his brother’s spiky, ego-inflated head. In the split second between the dull thudding of the book hitting its target and a severely angered Vergil pouncing on him, Dante decided that all in all today had been a pretty good day.
LOL? ^^;

I gotta stop posting here....

Last edited:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ROFL!!!! I loved that last quote XDDDDDDDDDDD

From Family Legacy:
"We should get a puppy first," Vergil said, clenching his fists in vain hope that this would be a simple and easy solution to pacify her wants.

"A puppy?" Hannah paused to look at him, confused. "You're kidding."

"Isn't that what couples normally do?"

"Yeah right, Vergil. Animals don't turn psychotic from fear when they're faced with a normal guy."

"You don't think I'm normal?" Vergil asked edgily.

"I know you're not. Besides, a dog isn't going to substitute for a child."

Of course, nothing was ever simple or easy when it concerned Hannah. He sighed iritably. "I'm not good with children."

"That's what you say now. Wait until they're here, then you'll change your mind," she said. It was her matter-of-fact way that prodded his temper.

"I won't,"Vergil snapped, and swallowed when she glared back at him. He softened his tone of voice, only slightly. "Hannah, aren't we rushing things?"

"Okay, honestly," Hannah held her hands up angrily. "What's your problem? I thought we wanted a family!"

"You are my family. I don't want children, I'm not ready for that commitment."

"It's not like you're getting any younger!"

"Calm down," Vergil said, dismayed.

"Shut up! Don't tell me to calm down! Not only did I marry a snooty devil-"

"Don't bring my lineage into this. You knew before we sealed the deal," Vergil said, rising from the couch to hover over her.

"-but a liar too! The least you can do is try and make me happy and give me what I want!" Hannah finished, and slapped his hand away when he motioned to her to be quiet.

Vergil gritted his teeth and snatched her hands into his. She tried to pull away from him angrily, but he held firmly, and waited for her angry gaze to stop darting all over the room and meet his own.

"Am I not worth more to you than a dozen children?" he asked, and saw her fiery resistance shatter.

Her fingers delicately laced with his and she dropped her forehead against his chest with a soft moan. "Fine, then we'll get a puppy. Only because it means you won't be able to pull the puppy-eyed look on me to get your way anymore. You'll have tough competition."

"I'm sure I can find other ways to make you yield to my wishes."

"Whatever you say, darling."

Meg

From Wishful Thinking. :D

Mr. Dysley paced up and down the front of the room shaking his head. I am very disappointed in all of you. You had a full weak to write a fifteen-page paper on the Thirty Years War. Do you have any idea how generous I was? And yet, yet only two of you received A’s.” He passed back the papers. Hope crossed his fingers that he was one of those people.
He rubbed his newly healed arm gently. He took a deep breath as Mr. Dysley put his paper on his desk. He turned the thick packet over and almost fainted. He got an A.
After completely bombing the first paper he went to Vanille, the one who got an A and asked to see her paper. It was complete nonsense. She didn’t even talk about the assigned topic for two straight pages. It then occurred to Hope that if he was to pass the class he would have to bull **** the class. He couldn’t be any happier.
Mr. Dysley went back to the front of the room and sighed. “I hope you will all learn to do better since once you all start applying to colleges I’m going to send the paper you received the highest grade on to those colleges.”
Hope nearly flew out of his seat. He caught himself and sat back up, but not before the old man saw him. “Yes, Hope, you have something to say.”
“Oh…uh, no.”
“Do you think earning an A warrants special treatment? It doesn’t. Learn how to control yourself.”
Hope sunk in his seat as all the other students glared at him. At the end of class Serah poked him in the back. He turned to look at her. “What’s up?” he smiled.
“Claire wants to talk to you after school.” she said quietly. Hope’s heart sank.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
I'm here to spread gayness and angst! *throws cracked rainbows*

"Strip," he commanded, turning on the shower.

Derek's whole body was trembling now, and he was cool to the touch. Not good. He was still slightly high, too, bouncing unsteadily and wracked with shivers. Sighing, Daryl stripped too and wondered when he'd gotten so moral that he would climb into the shower with his hot, naked, high, hypothermic boyfriend - not in order to take glorious advantage of him and **** him hard against the nearest wall, but to make sure he didn't drown.

The things he did for lo-

The things he did for Derek.

[...]

“Don’t pull that **** ever again, Blondie.” Daryl didn’t know what that really meant. Maybe, ‘Don’t scare me like that,’ or ‘Learn to handle your Goddamn drugs.’

[...]

“So are you going to try and tell me never to take drugs again?” Derek asked. “Because I swear I’m done falling into icy water.”

“I can’t tell you not to do drugs,” Daryl replied, glancing at him and raising an eyebrow. “I’d be a ****ing hypocrite. But no more puddles. Just say ‘no’ to hypothermia.”

Here's something in a different style of mine. I think I like present tense better than past, but that's just me.

Turning around, Daryl's still there, and Julie doesn't understand at all. Eyes fixed and disinterested, looking at her like they've never met. Never spent a nightmarish four years in high school together, where she learned he drank his coffee black and took his heroin white. Never worked together, because Victor was the kind of glue that could bind any two people in the world, even them, and without him, they're less than strangers.

"Don't take it so personally." Daryl's voice is low, and in another world, she'd call it sympathy.

"Why not? It's personal." She sounds like the girl who thought if she just loved him enough, she'd be what he wanted. She sounds like the boy who thought if love was real, it had to be spoken. She wonders what that makes him now, with every spoken lie. "I gotta get out of here."

But there's a quiet street and Daryl, who shifts with a creak of leather and then the waft of expensive aftershave when he touches her shoulder with gloved fingers, like she's glass that he doesn't want to smear. "Stop being such a twat."

The window's open.

It's midnight, rain pouring down like a reminder of covenant, the promise that never-flood-everything doesn't mean don't-flood-most-things. Derek doesn't remember opening it before he left and doesn't close it when he comes in, unwinding his scarf with eyes fixing on lightning reflected in the growing silver puddle, bright enough to burn before he turns away, leaving black negatives tattooed into everything he sees.

It's midnight and he's not alone, even when he is, an almost-empty studio apartment that's never lonely, because nowhere Daryl's ever been can ever be empty, not when memory supplies images from other days in every glance. He misses couches and dining room tables and not eating on the floor, but he misses Daryl more with every look.

Misses stupid things, like expensive suits that he musses with uncaring hands, leaving dirty fingerprints on Daryl's collar, licking away the frown and coaxing smiles with his teeth. Misses eating chicken curry on the counter when Daryl worked on his projects, the maid he liked to scandalize with the number of sheets they went through every week. Even misses Ethan, who watches when he wraps himself around Daryl and doesn't understand, but then again, he doesn't have to. Sometimes, it's just enough to see, enough to know.

[...]

Change, he thinks, staring up into the sky, blinking away water with every breath. That second where you're one thing, then you're another thing entirely, and you're never sure how or why. Even to yourself.

Daryl had left him with a smile that hadn't reached his eyes, miles and miles away before stepping out the door, and Derek remembers smiling back, holding the counter with one steady hand until the apartment door shut. He remembers that the coffee was hot and that he hadn't noticed that it burned his tongue.

And he remembers how Daryl's kiss had tasted like goodbye.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'd like to take this opportunity to say Dani, if you ever get published, I'll buy your book. That is seriously awesome writing.

My latest workings (unedited raw horror)!
"The end is neigh! Heed the warning of God! Repent before it is too late!"

The flaxen haired youth looked up from where he was seated on a concrete bench outside a Seven/11 dairy. He glanced distractedly at a modestly dressed man with a hand written sign around his neck parading on the corner of the busy street not far from where he sat.

"The end is neigh! Lay to waste your wicked ways, 'lest you burn for eternity in the fires of hell!"

Vergil slowly leaned forward on his knees and observed the pink and aquamarine painted building across the street. A pat on his shoulder caught his attention and he straightened up when an open packet of Skittles was offered to him. He grimaced at the distinct smell of fresh nicotine wafting over him.

"What took you so long?" Vergil asked, levelling his crystalline gaze with his brothers'. His twin, in essence, but that was hard to tell whatnot with his smoke-stained skin and his messy black hair.

"Nothing. So what's to do around this place?" Dante asked with a sigh, perching on the edge of the bench.

"There's the arcade....internet café... cinemas," Vergil said, fishing for a handful of candy.

"Yeah, I can see that," Dante said irately, gesturing at the mall across from them.

"It is not too late for redemption! Save yourselves from the wrath of God now! The end is neigh!"

Dante looked toward the man, his face reflecting the same indifference as his brother's. "I meant what can we do around here?" he added after tearing his gaze from the man.

"I've been wondering the same thing for half an hour. I don't know," Vergil returned in frustration.

"Hey I came up with the plan to get us Skittles. It's your turn to have a bright idea."

They lapsed into silence and simply sat as people walked past them. Vergil sighed and dropped his face into his hand in pure boredom. Dante slumped into the bench and tilted his face to the sky and closed his eyes.

"...fear for your souls, sinners! Pray for mercy! The end is upon us!"
From 50 Days to Freedom ^_^

In this time
I hope you breathe easy
Life is cunning
And the stakes are set high

Your mama’s in damnage
And your daddy’s good lookin’
So hush, little devil
Don’t you cry

One of these days
You will have your awakening
You’ll be faced with scary things
And learn how to fight

But until then
Oh nothing can harm you
With mommy, and daddy
Standing by

In this time
I hope you breathe easy
Life is cunning
And the stakes are set high

Your mama’s in damnage
And your daddy’s good lookin’
So hush, little devil
Don’t you cry
From A Mother's Lullaby.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Little excerpt from something I'm working on quite casually, bit of conversation between my main character, Nathan Stark, and the on board AI EVA, of his personal ship, the Zodiark.

“You know what? System updates are a bitch.” Nathan slammed his hand down on the arm of his chair.

“System update...10% applied.”

“Oh bite me EVA, it’s taken you three hours to download the update from the Terran mainframe, I’m getting tired of waiting, it’s been a solid hour since I’ve shot something down.”

“Might I suggest leaving for a while? We are docked to the Earth Torus station after all, maybe you can head to the Rest & Relaxation centre, get a massage, and maybe for an extra fee...Have someone pull that stick out of your backside, hmm?

“Back chat...Back chat from a freakin’ computer! I don’t get respect from my crew and I don’t even get respect from my own god damn AI system, you know I’m going to scrap you, and this ship the next chance I get, right?”

“Oh please, you wouldn’t last five minutes out there without me, now stop complaining and go have some fun, I’m fairly certain I can take care of the ship...At least...Better than you usually do.”

Nathan rose up from his chair, kicking the central command console of the ship as he turned around. He took off towards the airlock just as the door slam shut in his face, knocking him to the ground.

“Really EVA? Really?” He mumbled, pulling himself up and dusting off.

“Yes, really.”

A small, pink, holographic heart floated in mid air just in front of him, slowly getting bigger and bigger, Nathan shook his head and sighed.

“Pack it in EVA, or I’ll disconnect the AI module from the central processing unit.”

The floating heart shrunk, splitting down the middle and breaking into two pieces before turning blue and withering slightly.

“Gonna let me out now?”

“Fine, but bring me back something nice.”

“Yeah, yeah, I’ll think about it.”

References:
All pictures are from the in-game engine of X3 Terran Conflict, on which this story is based.

The Earth Torus: A tremendously large space station that surrounds the entirety of Earth, acts as additional accommodation for the currently overflowing population of Earth. Supplies the settlements Earth side with much needed supplies such as food, water, ice, energy cells etc.
Armed from front to back with auto-cannons that can rip apart the shielding and hull of the heaviest destroyer in seconds.
The majority of the Earth fleet forces were created here before the Terran expansion into new sectors of space.

Zodiark: Yes this is the Normandy SR-2 from Mass Effect 2, remodelled and modded into X3 Terran Conflict, it's an impressive and very pretty ship.

Now, for anyone who's interested, the general plan is for this to be a dramatic space opera with lots of war, anger, betrayal, hatred, loss and grief, the tale of a rise to power and the inevitable downfall.
The relationship between Nathan and EVA is pretty much the comic relief of the story, mainly because I find it funny to write and also because if I wrote the entire thing without something like this, I'm fairly sure a sizeable chunk of my audience would start cutting.

Go easy on me, this is the first thing I've started writing in just over a year, so I'm bound to be rusty. :lol:

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
I refuse to let this thread die!

She thinks it would hurt less if she didn't love him so much.
She is Julie; him is Derek. ^ That quote is refering to Derek telling her he and Daryl are getting married. So it's three years after the fact I killed Victor. And besides, Julie's always had a tiny little crush on Derek throughout their friendship.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
So Do I.

Abel after defeating his previus opponent analized the one now before him, firstly noticing it was a women......secondly she was a demon, next she was a succubus a rather precius ceature compared to "others" he had fought.

Abel lowered his sword, and swiped his foreface with the palm of his right hand."I do not hit women". Abel said looking down trying to hold his desires.

The succubus replyed raising her sword."So you are homosexsual then?". She asked obviusly trying to call the attention of her opponent.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
^ That took me a second. She's meaning "hit" as in "sex", right? As in Abel doesn't have sex with woman? If not, I don't get it. >.>;

"Why the hell did you punch him?! Are you trying to get me fired?"

"No, I wasn't. I just did it because I don't like his face," Daryl replies coolly.
^ Derek's boss is a dick, so Daryl punched him. He uses the "I don't like his face" line twice throughout the story. The first time is about Xavier.

"You voyeuristic creature, you."
^ Daryl to Roza.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Devon K. Ryley;283452 said:
^ That took me a second. She's meaning "hit" as in "sex", right? As in Abel doesn't have sex with woman? If not, I don't get it. >.>;

She was just trying to taunt his enemy, which is her main tactic when it comes to a battle, just to anger him..

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Not really work, but a bit of a questionnaire that I convinced Clark to take part of. >.>
Mandatory Questions

1. What about you is heroic?
Nothing, not that I can think of anyway. I’m sure Gabrielle would argue otherwise though.
2. What about you is social? What do you like about people?
What do you mean social? I hate people.
3. Of what benefit could you be to the current group?
I’ll kill whatever the hell gets in the way. And what do you mean the current group? I AM the group, thanks.
4. Why would you choose to join the current group?
I just said I am the group. I don’t have to join anything.
5. Invent an adventure/plot that your character would actively undertake (as opposed to just tagging along)?
Anything involving a good fight. If there’s one thing Clark can’t turn down, it’s a challenge from a really strong opponent.

Personal Questions

1. What is your real, birth name? What name do you use?
My real birth name is Nichole Diana Clark. I prefer Clark.
2. Do you have a nickname? What is it, and where did you get it?
My nickname is Niko. Alistair kind of thrust it on me, and after a while I gave up on trying to make him stop calling me it.
3. What do you look like? (Include height, weight, hair, eyes, skin, apparent age, and distinguishing features)
I’m 6’3”. I really don’t know how much I weigh, but I don’t think it’s enough. My hair is long, messy I guess, and black. My eyes are silver, just like Dad’s. I have pale skin, and I guess I look 21. I don’t see why I wouldn’t. Distinguishing features? Well, I guess my eyes would count. You really don’t see a lot of people with silver eyes, do you? My back is a mess. Not that I’d ever let you see it.
4. How do you dress most of the time?
Jeans, white T-Shirt, boots. If I’m going into town I’ll wear a cloak so I won’t be noticed. Oh, and a huge sword’s strapped to my back.
5. How do you "dress up?"
Uh….take off the sword?
6. How do you "dress down?"
No cloak, no shoes.
7. What do you wear when you go to sleep?
Just my jeans and shirt. Maybe socks if it’s cold.
8. Do you wear any jewelry?
No. It gets in the way when I fight.
9. In your opinion, what is your best feature?
10. What's your real birth date?
December 22.
11. Where do you live? Describe it: Is it messy, neat, avant-garde, sparse, etc.?
I don’t have a set home yet. I’m kinda dodging the bounty hunters, so a permanent dwelling place is a no-no.
12. Do you own a car? Describe it.
What the hell is a car?
13. What is your most prized mundane possession? Why do you value it so much?
My sword. It’s the one thing I’ve been able to keep over the years.
14. What one word best describes you?
Bad.

Poor Clark. I can't tell you how many times she threatened to kill me during the course of the whole thing xD

And yes, she didn't answer number nine, primarily because it sent her on a downward spiral into anger/depression.
Angsty character is angsty.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
From my failed Nano 2009:

In their little town the wind had always been a constant companion. It was strange, therefore, that the day he arrived was the same day not a blade of grass stirred.

From my novel Shadow Legacy:
She glanced out the window at the immaculate garden with its evergreen lawn and small clusters of daisies that separated the yard from the broad sidewalk. She did a double take at the road and took a step closer.

For a second she was frozen, squinting at it in bewilderment; the next she'd thrown the window open and was half leaning out of it. Her eyes bulged in their caskets.

That's it. I've lost my mind, the thought played in her head.

The road was flooded, turned into a steady river of deep red water. Not water. Water couldn't look like that.

She backed away from the window when terrified shrieks suddenly sounded up outside. People ran past screaming. Pure panic. She glimpsed something round bobbing in the stream, which had now risen high enough to spill onto the whitewashed sidewalk.

It was black and hairy - and looking back at her as it washed past the house. Sheldon's head.

Hysteria bubbled up inside of her, and she yanked the window closed, sliding the lock in place. Then she simply stood, staring at the horror scene unfolding outside.

When she could finally tear her gaze from it and turn away, she found she wasn't alone. Joveri was draped across the couch with his arms folded behind his head. A feral smile was plastered on his lips, and his golden eyes glittered.

"You did this." Her voice sounded like a faint whisper caught in her throat.

"I gave you warning. You can't accuse me of jumping this on you," Joveri said and straightened his long limbs.

"Stop it."

Joveri rose to his feet and sauntered toward her. He leaned against the wall beside her, watching out the window. Another scream went past, but Haley couldn't force herself to see any more. She stared at Joveri instead, waiting expectantly.

He would fix it. He would admit he was just playing with her head and laugh it off. He always did what she said.

But when he looked back and evenly met her gaze, she knew it wasn't any illusion he'd conjured. It was real. He confirmed this horrifying revelation when he replied to her command.

"No."

(Joveri a.k.a. Joe, Mix's brother)

And from Of Nemesis and Bloody Heroes, CoD
Galen trying to kick Kenji out of the pan and into the fire XD

"Those who do not actively seek to better themselves, to contribute their talents to the kingdom, to become catalysts of good fortune - those leave behind no legacy, no name. They will be forgotten. They are nothing."

A tree may grow in the shadow of another and allow the elder to take the scorching of the sun on his behalf. But it is withstanding the burn of the sun that hardens the tree, that enables it to age in power.

The tree in the safety of the shade may bear fruit, but his would be feeble and insignificant compared to the perfect fruits the elder shall carry due to his own hard labour.
People will cross oceans just to gain a taste of its splendour, to admire its strength and beauty.

And if, one day, the elder has lived its life and its purpose, and it is cut down and spread to the world and be forever well known, the smaller tree that had been hiding its shade will be left exposed and unprepared. It will wither in the heat. Its fruit will rot and smell and fall.

...he's got a good point though. But alas! Parents preaching! *yawn* XD

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
^ Joe is scary.

From 50 Scenes of Summer:
Any day that started with some one knocking on his bedroom door was not going to be a good day, Dante had come to realize. He stared at the dark ceiling another moment before looking over at the clock. 4:30am. Dammit. The half devil covered his head with a pillow and tried to go back to sleep as another perfunctory knock sounded through the room. Dante tried, to the best of his ignoring abilities, to ignore it, but there was nothing for it. He crawled out of bed, grabbing Ebony as he did so, and stomped to the door. As he threw it open he came face-to-face with his eldest nephew.

Augustus did not look very good. His pale hair was a mess and he wasn’t in his pajamas. Plus, Dante knew Gus well enough to know that if he was knocking on your door in the middle of the night…the world had to be ending. So it was confusing when the armies of hell did not come swarming into the hall.

“What d’you want, kid?” Dante sighed, crossing his arms as he leaned against the doorframe.

“Uncle Dante, I…I would like to ask for your assistance,” Augustus said in a formal, but nervous tone.

Dante blinked. Gus was a metaphorical ice cube. For something to make him feel uncomfortable was practically unheard of. Dante wanted to ask what was going on, but remembered the time.

“Can’t it wait til morning?”

“No,” the boy insisted almost frantically, his mismatched eyes going wide. He added quickly, “I…I require your assistance in wooing a woman who I do not believe likes me.”

It was all Dante could do to not gape. “W-what did you just say?”

Augustus repeated it very slowly, giving the air of someone who was used to explaining things to people who didn’t catch on quickly. It wasn’t that surprising of an attitude, really, considering his little brother.

“You wanna…‘woo’ a…but you’re eight,” Dante said abruptly, staring down at him in disbelief.

And?” the boy intoned, giving Dante a look that plainly said that that was not a good answer.

Go. To. Bed.” Without further ado, Dante slammed the door on him.
Note: Gus does not think Dante is a good role model and can't figure out why his father left him and Atty with him. Dante thinks Gus is just plain creepy and avoids being around him as much as possible. Me thinks their summer shall be interesting.

Last edited:

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
I dun want this thread to die.

I love Issac. He's the best father ever. Seriously.
"Carrie, let Daryl stick up for himself."

"Issac, stay out of it," Carrie snapped. "He's my step-son and he's going to listen to me."

"Carrie - " Daryl started.

"You're right, he is your step-son. He only lives, sleeps, eats, ****s, jerks off, and has sex with my son here. I really have no say in what goes on in his life," Issac said.

"Dad!" Derek said.

"Well, I do . . ." Daryl said, and shrugged.

Carrie drew in her bottom lip. For once she didn't have anything to say.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Don't want this thread to die, either. :(

From an as of unnamed christmas fic for no one in particular:
Grinning to himself and humming a small tune, Dante sauntered (well, he tried to. Mostly he just wobbled awkwardly with as much grace as a wind-up toy) over to his hopefully drunk mirror image. He tripped over his coat a couple times before he was close enough to see that Vergil…didn’t look too good.

“Hey, bro,” he started with good cheer. Good cheer came easily to him after half a dozen bottles of rum and god-knew-how-many beers. “W--”

“Shurrup,” Vergil spat at him, glaring briefly at him before turning his eyes back down to the glass.

Dante beamed. Jackpot! Mission one, get Vergil completely and utterly smashed was a success. Though…he was sure points were probably gone from his style for getting himself equally wasted. It didn’t occur to him to wonder why he was thinking about points and rankings. The devil hunter plopped down on the worn couch next to his twin.

“Dude, you’re a fuggin’ mean drunk.” Dante ignored that he was slurring his words. He hoped that would go away.

“Not drunk,” Vergil retorted in almost a singsong voice. “’Nebriated, sloshed, ****-faced, totaled, lit, wasted, snockered.” He giggled.

They stared at each other, sobering up for just a second.

“Did-did you just…giggle?” Dante asked, a little dumbfounded.

“I think I did…” Vergil replied somberly.

Dante burst into laughter. The younger twin couldn’t help it. This? This stuff was priceless. He hoped he remembered it in the morning.
I based Vergil off my mom. No...she's not a drunk, she's just...random. The weird thesaurus-y thing came from her listing off a ton of words...and then giggling. Hope you guys enjoyed it. *vanishes back to the world of NaNo*

Last edited:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ROFLOMG*dies*
That is one of your best, seriously! And also so totally made my day :3
Dammit, I thought I was in the 'what are you working on' thread for some reason. Alright, quote quote quote.... hummm...

Okay then. Excerpts from my first page of Nano.

Being out alone at night for girls was something everyone back frowned upon and discouraged. It wasn’t appropriate. It was asking for trouble.
That was the real downside of being a shop keeper, Zerina mused as the turned off the lights and locked up the shop. The late lonely nights.
She sent a glance about the empty parking lot as she quickly made her way toward her car. It was a pastel yellow old Mini, parked at the far edge. The floodlight above it gleamed off the polished exterior almost ominously.
Dark parking lots were almost as creepy as clowns, Zerina thought. Oh no. Thinking about clowns suddenly gave her the disturbing fear of there being a clown in the lot with her. But that was paranoia – what would a clown be doing here in the middle of nowhere? But she did feel eyes on her.

and

The paid ticket spat out from the slot a minute later and she snatched it with a breath of relief. She turned and as she was getting back into the car, Zerina noticed a shadow detach itself from what seemed to be the ground.
She wasn’t sure if it had been lying or crouching, or how long it had been there. All she knew was that it was tall and coming right toward her with definite, unmasked footsteps crunching across the ground, and purpose in its oddly smooth stride. She drove up to the ticket machine, slamming on the breaks so hard that she felt herself bending forward, and stretched out her arm. She thought she’d have time to slip the ticket in and put her foot to the gas before the figure reached her.
But the shadowy figure was faster than she’d expected. It was standing right beside her open window, and it was holding something small and square and glossy toward her.
“Zerina du Preez?” a voice too deep and gentle for any evil clown or crazed mugger cut through the drumbeat of her heart in her head.

I'm still trying to get over my author-hissy-fit about how they first meet so this scene is not classed as my favourite or my best work.
But the fact that she was still thinking about evil clowns when he spoke made me seriously giggle-snort. I don't get the fear. X]

Top Bottom